The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Challenge caps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-28-06, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Challenge caps"
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-06 AT 03:02 PM (EST)

From SFever:

You can see a blue buff (white tribe) on the arm that is handing up the ladder rung -- that is probably Jonathan grabbing the rung? -- but members of the Afr-Am tribe are there also, and it looks like a yellow (Afr-Am) rung has been placed on the blue ladder. It appears the two tribes are working together here.

So is this an RC with double winners? Or perhaps immunity for the 2 winners, and TC (double boot) for the 2 losers?

ETA: same challenge:

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Challenge caps Flowerpower 08-28-06 1
   RE: Challenge caps Brownroach 08-28-06 2
       RE: Challenge caps Flowerpower 08-28-06 3
           One Challenge.... Flowerpower 08-28-06 4
               RE: One Challenge.... Brownroach 08-28-06 5
                   RE: One Challenge.... Flowerpower 08-28-06 6
   RE: Challenge caps xwraith27 08-28-06 7
       RE: Challenge caps Flowerpower 08-29-06 8
           RE: Challenge caps xwraith27 08-29-06 9
               RE: Challenge caps Brownroach 08-29-06 10
                   RE: Challenge caps Flowerpower 08-29-06 11
                       RE: Challenge caps Brownroach 08-29-06 12
                       RE: Challenge caps tribephyl 08-29-06 13
                           RE: Challenge caps Brownroach 08-29-06 14
                               RE: Challenge caps KObrien_fan 08-29-06 15
                                   RE: Challenge caps Flowerpower 08-30-06 16
                                       RE: Challenge caps KObrien_fan 08-30-06 17
                   RE: Challenge caps xwraith27 08-31-06 24
 RE: Challenge caps KObrien_fan 08-30-06 18
   RE: Challenge caps Brownroach 08-30-06 19
       RE: Challenge caps KObrien_fan 08-30-06 20
           RE: Challenge caps JazzyJax 08-30-06 21
               RE: Challenge caps michel 08-30-06 22
                   RE: Challenge caps Brownroach 08-31-06 23
                       RE: Challenge caps JazzyJax 09-01-06 25
 Vidcaps post TVGuide Channel Previe... Flowerpower 09-04-06 26
   RE: Vidcaps post TVGuide Channel Pr... KObrien_fan 09-04-06 27
       RE: Vidcaps post TVGuide Channel Pr... Flowerpower 09-04-06 28
           RE: Vidcaps post TVGuide Channel Pr... Brownroach 09-05-06 29
               RE: Vidcaps post TVGuide Channel Pr... Flowerpower 09-05-06 30
                   Wondering about something... Brownroach 09-07-06 31
                       RE: Wondering about something... JazzyJax 09-07-06 32
                       RE: Wondering about something... Flowerpower 09-07-06 33
                           RE: Wondering about something... Brownroach 09-08-06 34
                           RE: Wondering about something... RudyRules 09-08-06 35
                               RE: Wondering about something... michel 09-08-06 36
 Immunity Idol michel 09-08-06 37
   Fire DramaRox 09-09-06 38

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-06, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Challenge caps"
Hiya Brownroach! How is your summer going? It's been a busy one for me, but now I'm ready for our game to begin, and I like the way you are thinking here....So is this an RC with double winners? Or perhaps immunity for the 2 winners, and TC (double boot) for the 2 losers?

We know that traditionally Survivor has a long and very physical first combined RC/IC with the winners getting fire/food/or blankets. With so many daws to contend with we know that there could be more than one episode with a double boot, so I like your speculation that there could be immunity for the 2 winners and TC with a double boot for the losers...

Here are a few more challenge shots to see, all thanks to Survivor Fever, and please note that in the first one, you can see the name of the tribe on the boat. TV Guide has stated that the names of the tribes are:

Hispanic American Tribe(ORANGE): AITUTAKI
Cacasian American Tribe(BLUE): RARATONGA
African American Tribe(YELLOW): PUKA PUKA
Asian American Tribe(GREEN): MANIHIKI

Note in this part of the challenge the Aitutaki team is leading the Manihiki tribe....don't know if this falls in the beginning of the challenge or the end...AND, are those the yellow tribes, Puka Puka's torches still on their perches at the buoy for the yellow team? Have they been there or no?

The following vidcaps are from the first pre-season promo for the show, thanks Survivor Fever. I think the first 10 of these vidcaps shows them on a ship, could this be them arriving at the start of the show? Then the last 3 are also from the ship, but we see a machete chopping the rope? Is this the start of the show or is this some sort of challenge as well?

08-28-06, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Challenge caps"
Hey FP, I'm so glad you showed up! (posting vidcaps is your job, you know...) I've had a busy summer too.

I think most of the shots on the ship are arrival shots -- but I'm not sure about the machete ones either.

In the boat challenge, the orange and green boats each have a person holding one torch while everyone else rows, but there are two torches on the yellow platform -- not sure what to make of that either. (But fwiw, poster Darnell1980 at Sucks did say the Afr-Ams lose the first challenge, and he/she was right about the contestant details he/she posted.)

08-28-06, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Challenge caps"
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-06 AT 04:59 PM (EST)

(But fwiw, poster Darnell1980 at Sucks did say the Afr-Ams lose the first challenge, and he/she was right about the contestant details he/she posted.) I can see that that vidcap from tv Guide certainly supports that speculation, if indeed the torch has not been taken as the other two tribes are well on their way.

hmmmmm.....that kind of throws a wrench then into our speculation....that the tribes were placed onto two teams, and the losing team went to TC for a double boot...

I know it's early, but perhaps the glimpses of the challenges are from two entirely different challenges. Perhaps the one where the daws are on tribal colored boats with tribe names on them is the first challenge. Sure looks like the traditional "fire is life" challenge. Then maybe the climb the rungs on the colored ladders in teams of two is an entirely different challenge?

They are either part of one challenge from the first ep, 2 different challenges in the first ep, or 2 different challenges from 2 different eps...

With the speculation that the Puka Puka (yellow, Afr-Amer.) tribe loses the first challenge, perhaps we should start a thread regarding speculation for the first boot...

ps. I love your new siggie, BR!

ETA: Regarding the disembarkation from the ship at the beginning, they all seem to be hauling it, as though there is indeed some kind of contest involved here. Perhaps as there was on Palau when there was a race to the post, first two to touch got to pick the tribes...perhaps first tribes to arrive to point "X" get to pick the best camps??? Definately they are all scrambling...

08-28-06, 06:05 PM (EST)
4. "One Challenge...."
With these caps from Survivor Phoenix:

I think the daws do a race to this station, clearly competing as individual tribes, they must do something in front of the colored board that we see having columnar holes on two sides where they must place rungs in to build a ladder. You can see that Parvati is in front of the blue structure and I think Jonathan is actually passing something up to Adam, who has already completed four or so of the rungs....

I think the Yellow/Puka Puka tribe is just well behind the Blue/Raratonga tribe. We can see Rebecca(?), Sekou, and Nathan(all holding a yellow rung) as they are approaching the yellow structure. You can see that the yellow structure is there and that they must put rungs in it as well, as we see the same holes as we see on the blue structure above the compass rose.

I am speculating that this could be the end of the first combined RC/IC. It definately places the Puka Puka tribe finishing behind the Raratonge Tribe IF this is toward the end of the challenge. Still supports the speculation that BR notes from Sucks, that the Puka Puka Tribe is the first losing tribe.

08-28-06, 06:27 PM (EST)
5. "RE: One Challenge...."
I can't tell if that horizontal yellow slat is actually planted on the bottom of the blue structure or if someone is holding it. But it doesn't look to me like Rebecca, Sekou and Nathan are going toward the yellow structure -- they aren't even facing toward it, they're facing the blue structure. I know angles can be deceiving sometimes, but here I just don't see it.

That said, I can't imagine why they'd have 2 tribes work together on a challenge in Episode 1, especially with the way the tribes are set up this time.

08-28-06, 08:49 PM (EST)
6. "RE: One Challenge...."
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-06 AT 08:51 PM (EST)

Well, here is what makes sense to me. We know that there is a blue structure, a yellow structure and as seen up above there is a green structure as well...

Note, the green structure looks just like the near completed blue structure....could this be a post challenge shot? If so, it doesn't look as though the Manihiki's won this one...

Here is a cap of the blue structure along side of the yellow structure. To me it looks as if the blue structure is well on its way toward completion whereas the yellow structure looks as though it has not yet been touched. Could the Puka Puka Tribe be at such a loss that they are studying how Roratonga is doing it? Remember, depending on the lens' that are used, objects or persons in the foreground can appear to be further back and vice versa....is this trick photography or are they working together? I'm leaning toward them being far behind at this point...

I think that the yellow rung that appears to be on the bottom of the blue ladder is actually a rung that Sekou is holding horizontally. This must be a puzzle of some kind...

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-28-06, 10:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Challenge caps"
LAST EDITED ON 08-29-06 AT 02:15 AM (EST)

Can I take a stab at this?

I think the ship shots are during the start of the season, before they are stranded into their islands (or the challenge beach). It's possible that what we are seeing in these pics are tribe members trying to retrieve as many resources as possible, in a very short amount of time, to bring to the island. Notice that as JP jumps into the water, a crate is also readied to be dropped into the ocean.

The first pic (The one with Puka Puka and Aitutaki in the challenge) must be the start to middle portion of the challenge. Manihiki has yet to retrieve their torches, but you will notice that Cecilia, Cristina, and Jenny seem to be sitting on rectangular wooden objects, possibly their ladder rungs. None of them appear to be wet. Also, Becky and Cao Boi seem worried that their flame might go out. It's possible that they need to use the torch later to light a bigger torch. There are also two yellow torches on the buoy, and both Puka Puka and Aitutaku are only holding one torch each.

That would mean that the Manihiki/Rarotonga pic is towards the end of the challenge, with the ladder being assembled, maybe to retrieve something at the top or to light a tribal torch? You can see the flame of a torch at the far left of this picture.

I'm not really sure what to make of Cao Boi's picture, but their ladder (if this is the challenge ladder) appears to be at least halfway done, but he doesn't really look happy. It's possible that they lost or that this actually is the beginning of the challenge, when they are being given instructions. None of the Puka Pukas appear to be wet in those pictures, but I think this challenge doesn't really require them to be wet.

Seems we mixed up the names of the African-American and Asian-American tribes. SF says that Manihiki is actually the African-Americans and Puka Puka is the Asian-Americans.

08-29-06, 08:13 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Challenge caps"
Hi XWraith! Sure hope you are well on your way to a full recovery! I think you are right on target....and I did see at Fever that the name of the Afr-Amer tribe is Manihiki while the Asian-Amer tribe is Puka Puka. The more I look at the pics from above the more I'm convinced that it is a photography lens trick. I think that the Manihiki's may be well behind and looking to the Roratonga's for help with solving the puzzle, or perhaps they are just arriving to that area and are looking to them for guidance. I think you are most likely right, with the flame seen in the left hand side of that frame, that more than likely once that ladder/puzzle is assembled they will be able to scramble up it, light the torch there, and win or finish the challenge. Clearly, Roratonga is well ahead of the Manihiki's at this point. But, we don't know what place the others are in....but, as I've said before, the spec that the Manihiki's lose this challenge can not be refuted with these caps.

I think you are also right regarding the scrambling shots at the beginning of the action shots on the ship. More then likely they are arriving to their destination and are given the word to get as much stuff as you can, but who ever reaches this point first may still get first pick of beaches or something. Here's a shot of the Puka Puka tribe probably arriving with stuff that they salvaged from the ship...

Looks as though they made out with the mother load!

08-29-06, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Challenge caps"
LAST EDITED ON 08-29-06 AT 10:02 PM (EST)

Thanks, FP. I definitely am a lot better now than before. I agree that the Manihiki/Rarotonga challenge shot depicts these two tribes competing against each other. It was speculated above that the yellow rungs were attached to the blue ladder.

I think this picture will prove otherwise. The yellow rungs are clearly at a different angle than the blue rungs, which are approximately parallel to each other. I also labeled some other things that piqued my interest. The blue ladder seems to be attached to a platform of some sort, maybe 15 to 20 feet high. The brown ladder seems to be unused, but I think it'll play into the challenge somehow. There also seems to be a white pillar of smoke(?) that is present in these challenge pics. I'm not sure what it is (or whether or not it's important), but I do find it interesting that it appears in all of the Manihiki/Rarotonga shots.

EDIT: The pillar of smoke(?) might actually be a tree. My eyes seem to be playing tricks on me recently.

08-29-06, 12:05 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Challenge caps"
LAST EDITED ON 08-29-06 AT 01:04 PM (EST)

I think you and FP are onto something. I like the idea that the yellow tribe is watching to see what the blue tribe is doing (although can it really be that hard that they can't figure it out at all? LOL). And I agree that the pieces used to construct the ladders may be in the boats.

I also suspect the shot of Cao Boi and Jenny in front of the green ladder might be post challenge and they lost. On the other hand, in the cap of Nathan he is wearing his brown tee shirt whereas he is shirtless while they working on the ladders. So that one might be before the challenge starts?

I think they have to do one last task once they complete the ladders -- the plain ladder at the end is probably for JP to ascend to a platform up above the ladders where the finale of the challenge takes place.

ETA -- Cao Boi's hair is tied back here...

but down here...maybe this isn't post-challenge?

08-29-06, 04:00 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Challenge caps"
Well, we all know that these challenges take forever and that they are explained ad nauseum prior to running them. The shot with Nathan with his brown shirt on could be simply during the explanation phase of the challenge, while the shot of Cow Boy with this hair down seemingly post challenge, could be just that. One second before that frame is shot he could have reached back there and pulled his hair loose? Note his head band is in the exact same area....changing his hair style could take an instant....

08-29-06, 04:31 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Challenge caps"
yes, the buff is in exactly the same position, I'm just wondering if it's before or after... I suppose the knot could have come undone during the challenge.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-06, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Challenge caps"
Another note I wanna make is that the "exileisland" twist is going to be a factor this season as it was last season.
Albeit referred to by a different name, "Mutiny Motu" or something like that.

The reason I bring this up is because; It wouldn't be unheard of for the tribes to participate in two challenges in the first episode.

One to figure out which tribe will have to send one of their members into exile and the other for the first tribal immunity.

I can't say for sure that the caps we have so far are for two seperate challenges, but there is a precedent.

08-29-06, 04:51 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Challenge caps"
I can't say for sure that the caps we have so far are for two seperate challenges, but there is a precedent.

tribe, if you look at the caps of Cao Boi in my post above, his buff is in the exact same position when he's in the boat and when he's standing in front of the green ladder (albeit his hair is undone near the ladder). I think this is all part of the same challenge.

Which is not to say there isn't another challenge. I was wondering about the return of exile island too. But last time they started off the game with the challenge that determined the exile; here it appears they just jump overboard and raft to their camps.

Maybe there won't be an exile in the first episode. They're not hyping that aspect at all so far.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-06, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Challenge caps"
Or it could be that the tribes need to get all the gear that they can from the ship and get to shore as fast as possible, the last tribe to get to desgnated area sends one off to Mutiny Motus (lvoe the title Tribe). This way similar to Palau the tribes need to choose how much stuff they can take and still not be last.

08-30-06, 07:12 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Challenge caps"
Hiya KO and TRIBE!!! Nice to see you both! Hope you had a wonderful summer!

Yes, I recall at the beginning of Palau there was a HUGE debate here regarding them all swimming to shore. To me, this looks similiar. There just seems to be too much speed involved for there not to be something at stake, either to win or to choose. Yet, I doubt the exilee will be determined this way....BUT, last season there was an exilee determined right off the bat in an immediate challenge, so perhaps this challenge involving the ship and supplies will indeed determine the exilee.

And you know, that pic of Cowboy could be pre-challenge. I know they go over and over the challenge prior to them running it, so maybe that entailed completing the puzzle/ladder for the daws before they run it....to see how it's done. KO, you may be able to confirm or negate that statement....do they run the challenge through that much before the daws run it?

There is something suspicious about that pic of Cowboy...could he be returning from exile? I suppose it's time to start speculating regarding exilee as well.

08-30-06, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Challenge caps"
Nope, they don't run through the challenge instructions but once and then they have time to ask questions. That is alot of the reason that they nicknamed Jeff "One Take Probst". Survivors have to listen carefully and then they have a chance to strategize before starting, and then that's it.

08-31-06, 09:15 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Challenge caps"
Manihiki may not be that far behind Puka Puka in the rowing challenge. We see Cowboy holding a ladder rung just as Manihiki is coming into shore. Maybe Puka Puka does have some trouble navigating their rafts. We all know us Asians can't row, right?

08-30-06, 09:00 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Challenge caps"
LAST EDITED ON 08-30-06 AT 09:04 AM (EST)

OK, here is my two cents. I don't think the vertical angled platforms are a puzzle, I think if you look they are a map of the islands to decorate the final platform. It looks to me like the boats that they are in are segmented and are the puzzle. Once the tribes get their boat together they have to also collect the ladder rungs, possibly buried in the sand.

This could be a tag team type race. 2 people to figure out the boat, 2 people to dig for the rungs and oars, and the 5th person can't join until the boat is together, they are the one that gets the torch(es). They could possibly have to light cauldrons or something along the way, get back to the platform, and first tribe to light their straw dude at the top wins immunity and fire.

With 4 teams they will most likely have a 3 piece immunity idol so that the top two teams get fire and immunity, maybe the 3rd place team has to mutiny a player, and the last place team goes to tribal council. This way being exiled doesn't save you from tribal council.

This could be why the Yellow tribe is not putting their ladder together and just watching the Blue tribe. If Yellow is in last place and Green and Red are already finished (Red looked awfully happy paddling to shore, yellow still had 2 torches on their floating platform), Blue looks like they are on their second to last or last rung. Yellow could be exhausted and just know that they can't catch up so they pause to watch the Blue tribe finish.

Yellow tribe is last and makes first boot?

08-30-06, 10:47 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Challenge caps"
That sounds very plausible, KO. There've been challenges in the past where tribes had to construct rafts by connecting pieces correctly (I seem to remember one in AllStars), and the way the boats here are constructed out of many parts would fit such a scenario.

I think there may be some kind of puzzle aspect to laying the rungs in, because the person in the green top at the left is pointing as if to say "that piece should go there."

08-30-06, 12:03 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Challenge caps"
Every ladder that has ever been constructed in a survivor challenge (to my recollection) has had a right way and a wrong way to install it. Many times it is based on the shape of the connection, sometimes it is the overall size of the rung itself. This ladder appears to have a center support connection (see the rung behind Cowboy) and so that may be the spacing that changes for each rung. They'll need to get the rungs in the proper sequence in order to complete it.

So in short, I agree with you BR

JazzyJax 531 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-30-06, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JazzyJax Click to send private message to JazzyJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Challenge caps"
I'm always lame at this. However, in this pic, there is a hand that almost looks edited in below the yellow bottom rung in question:

But doesn't it look backwards?

Anyways, the green tribe and the yellow tribe may just be the last two teams, and that's why they both look upset. Maybe each one has to send someone to exile, creating a great layer in the game to form alliances.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-06, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Challenge caps"
Hello everyone! Hope you had a nice summer. Part of me says too bad its almost over but then another enjoys getting back to talking about a new season.

JazzyJax, you beat me to it but to expand on your idea, I wanted to mention that since Exile Island is called Mutiny Motus, we should expect players from opposite tribes joining there a few times. Danielle and Austin created a bond that amounted to nothing last time but it could create unseen alliances and hopefully, mutinies!

08-31-06, 05:45 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Challenge caps"
Hey michel and JazzyJax! Good to see you.

Here's a few more caps of the Asian tribe at the challenge:

Note that in the above caps there are no crossrungs in place on the yellow structure.

Compare with these, where Brad is behind and to the right of Jenny:

Are all these from the same time? If so, why isn't Brad visible in the new caps? Did he move out of the frame, or, maybe he was exiled by one of the other tribes?

09-01-06, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JazzyJax Click to send private message to JazzyJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Challenge caps"
This pic shows two similar trees in the background, with Jenny(?) in the frame with her brown straps and hair pulled back. It looks like the same scene, but you're right, Brad isn't visible there either. Nobody looks happy, that's for sure.

I can't wait to see Cowboy in action

09-04-06, 09:01 AM (EST)
26. "Vidcaps post TVGuide Channel Preview Show"
With the release of these vidcaps from the TVGuide Channel Preview Show I think alot of questions are answered regarding the first immunity challenge in Ep 1. First, here are vidcaps of the dream team running the entire challenge:

Here is the beginning of the challenge, note that Jiffy is in the top left hand corner starting them out. NOTE*that there are no ladder rungs seen in the structures at all, just the pegs in the wood where the rungs will go.

Note through vidcap 27 to 36 that the ladder rungs are part of the boat puzzles...As KO and BR have previously noted, the rafts are indeed puzzles in and of themselves...Note that in cap 27 she is holding one of the ladder rungs that is used in the boat puzzle and will be taken back to the ladder structures later...

Here they must light their torches from the floating fire structures out in the water...

Here they are returning with the ladder rung pieces...

Note that there seems to be another puzzle station just prior to reaching the structures where they are to place their ladder rungs...

Now, here are vidcaps from the TVGuide Channel special that have the DAW's running the challenge...

41http://www.survivorfever.net/gallery/albums/vc_tvgch_seg1/vc_tvgch_seg1_41.jpg

**Please note that at the start of the challenge, when Jiffy is explaining the challenge, that CowBoys hair is pulled BACK!!!!

SO, when we add the vidcaps that BR originally posted in this thread...

So these caps are of the Rarotonga tribe mid challenge, and they are well ahead of Manihiki....

This first pic is of Manihiki prior to the challenge, note that Nathan has his brown shirt on, but when he runs the challenge he is bare chested....

These MUST be post challenge as we see the rungs already placed in the ladder structure. The looks on their faces do not look as though they had just won....but did they finish LAST??? OR did MANIHIKI??? Note CowBoy's hair is down now...

***One very interesting cap I came across in all of the TV Guide Show vidcaps was this one...SMOKE and FIRE seen at the Puka Puka Camp....would they have that IF they had lost the challenge???

And these three appear to be fishing...Brad, Becky, and Yul...

09-04-06, 11:27 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Vidcaps post TVGuide Channel Preview Show"
Remember that they get 3 minutes (or 5 or whatever) to salvage whatever they can off the boat to start the game, they most likely got the flint and the fishing gear in that scavenge period.

09-04-06, 03:01 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Vidcaps post TVGuide Channel Preview Show"
KO is right. The TVGuide Channel Show stated that the marooning of the castaways was received very well and so for this season they decided to duplicate how they were stranded in the original Survivor: Borneo (S1). Here is a link to the TVGuide Show.

09-05-06, 11:52 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Vidcaps post TVGuide Channel Preview Show"
That certainly clears up the challenge sequence (other than there being two torches on the yellow platform in the earlier TV Guide photos). Thanks for posting all those caps, FP.

I don't think the Asian tribe finishes last because they do get some rungs in place; when the Afr-Ams are watching the white tribe the white tribe is almost finished and the Afr-Ams have NO rungs in place -- the Latino tribe may already have won at that point, or else the white or Latino tribe will be winning momentarily.

Also just want to note that the person in the fishing boat with Yul and Brad looks more like Jenny (pinkish top).

09-05-06, 12:47 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Vidcaps post TVGuide Channel Preview Show"
Also just want to note that the person in the fishing boat with Yul and Brad looks more like Jenny (pinkish top).

You are absolutely right, BR. That is Jenny, Jenny is a bigger girl than Becky....just haven't gotten their names down pat yet..thanks.

Wanted to note that TDT is speculating that the losing tribe will get to exile someone from the third placing tribe, and he is speculating that it is Jonathan from the Rarotonga Tribe...he also found smoke at the Rarotonga camp sans Jonathan...See his post here.

Here is the pic with the Rarotonga camp and smoke...

09-07-06, 11:47 AM (EST)
31. "Wondering about something..."
It's clear now that these two caps of the Asian tribe must be post-challenge:

Yul is wearing his tank top when Jeff is giving the instructions, but here he is shirtless.

Again, Cao Boi wears a T-shirt pre-challenge, and the placement of rungs on the green structure indicates post-challenge.

So why do they all look so bummed out if the Afr-Am tribe lost? Theoretically they should have just received immunity. Darnell1980 at Sucks has (so far) said there is only one boot in Ep 1. But maybe there is a double TC in Ep 1 and the Asian tribe as third place finish has to vote someone out as well?

Or do they looked bummed out because Jeff just said an exile would be chosen from one of the winning tribes and they are hoping it isn't one of them?

09-07-06, 03:15 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Wondering about something..."
>Or do they looked bummed out
>because Jeff just said an
>exile would be chosen from
>one of the winning tribes
>and they are hoping it
>isn't one of them?

I think it is this option, FWIW. TDT has caps of the entire green team together at camp with smoke in the background, from which presumably they got flint from this challenge. Becky looks more worried than upset.

Could be why the blue team looks so disgruntled afterward as well. If they came in 3rd, and were told one had to go to exile because of it, then that's simply the rules of the game. But to be singled out from a bigger pool of options, this might make them even more annoyed.

09-07-06, 06:43 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Wondering about something..."
BR, I think that you are right to speculate that the pics that we have show the Asian Tribe post challenge here, and they do indeed look serious. I do think judging from the prior vidcaps that the Blue/Rarotonga tribe beats out the Yellow/Manihiki tribe. I think in the water pics with the rafts we have the Red/Aitutaki tribe leading the Green/Puka Puka tribe. I feel pretty good from all of the vidcaps speculating that the Aitutaki/Red tribe will win the challenge....can we assume, based on TDT's spec that the Puka Puka's come in second and the Rarotonga's come in third, then the Manihiki's come in last and get to exile one from one of the other tribes that did not win it, so they would be eligible to choose someone from the Rarotonga tribe OR the Puka Puka tribe?

09-08-06, 10:53 AM (EST)
34. "RE: Wondering about something..."
Manihiki's come in last and get to exile one from one of the other tribes that did not win it

Good point, FP.

Do we know if they are doing the hidden idol on EI again? I don't remember it being mentioned at all so far. If they do repeat it, there is also an upside to being exiled, so members of the winning tribe might not be exempt from the selection.

If they're not repeating the HI, the exile is just a punishment and it would make sense to exempt the winning tribe members.

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-06, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Wondering about something..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-08-06 AT 11:57 AM (EST)

Thanks for all the vid caps guys!

I feel pretty good from all of the vidcaps speculating that the Aitutaki/Red tribe will win the challenge....

Look at vid cap 70 from TV guide... It shows the red tribe starting to light the rope at the end while on the far left, the blue basket is burning already... Maybe just edited in, or maybe Blue won?

"A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog."
- Charles Doran
Rudy's Place

09-08-06, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Wondering about something..."
RR: I think Vidcap #70 is showing the "Dream Team" testing the challenge before the show started, not the tribes.

09-08-06, 01:25 PM (EST)
37. "Immunity Idol"
Volcanic Glass has posted caps of the Idol atr Sucks:

The Idol

It comes apart shows that more than 1 tribes gets immunity

DramaRox 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-09-06, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DramaRox Click to send private message to DramaRox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "Fire"
In one of his interviews...sorry I can't remember which, Jeff Probst says that one of the most fascinating things was obseeving the cultural differences in how the tribes went about making fire. What would he mean by this do you think?

Maybe one tribe manages to do this without flint? Or they were able to pick something off of the ship before they jumped.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •