The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"So what do we see shaping up..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

tar2fan1 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-19-02, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tar2fan1 Click to send private message to tar2fan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"So what do we see shaping up..."
Hey,

Reading all the spoilers and notes posted here, I kinda thought it would be cool to see WHERE people think/know the next destinations are and WHO will be eliminated. Here's what I see/think:

april 24th
1st ep (non-elim)
2 quick route info stops and then plane to Outback (much like the last ep...one stop, then clue said to head for plane to Hong Kong)
Roadblock is going into a mine in Outback
2nd ep (elim--Twill)
From outback to Sydney, Twill and Plaige screw up big time
Look for Roadblock to be the bridgewalk on Sydney Harbour Bridge
Chex ditch Twill before their mistake, but Plaige gets pulled down in the stupidity, but redeem themselves to stay in the race.

May 1st
Ep (elim--Cha-Cha)
Teams head from Sydney to Auckland, New Zealand
Expect major bunching once again
Roadblcok is bungee jumping
Title is in a quote by Plaige (they're ready to do so to win the game out of all the teams)

After this, well, I have no thoughts. That leaves my top three as The Dorks, Plaige, Chex.......finishing at __________ in this order:
The Dorks
Chex
Plaige

Plaige has what seems to be the "total TAR package" (brains, brawn, decency), but just seem like they are a few quarters short of a dollar, if you know what I mean, to win the race. Chex are just, in my opinion, meatheads, who can push themselves to their hardest, but the brawn will only get them so far without the brains (and Twill). The Dorks, who I enjoy, seem to have it getting going. They have the right amount of smarts, brawn (yeah, Gary is a "candle in the wind", but...), and decency to win this thing.

Feel free to add, subtract, refute, or tear me a new one on any of the comments above. I just wanna get a sense of what people see happening with the race.

Rock on.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: So what do we see shaping up... curveball 04-19-02 1
 RE: So what do we see shaping up... tar2fan1 04-19-02 2
   RE: So what do we see shaping up... Ruthless 04-19-02 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

curveball 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-19-02, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail curveball Click to send private message to curveball Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: So what do we see shaping up..."
April 24 - Chachacha elim. They got their shopping in, time to go to loser island to try on their new clothes. Perhaps Danny buys a dictionary, to show Oswald the meaning of the word "race"...

Location - HK to Sydney, to the outback (2nd half)

May 1 - dorks elim. bungee jumping in New Zealand.

May 8 - non-elim. New Zealand to Canada

May 15 - Canada to Las Vegas, final roadblock - you must feel up your partner, Twil - noway, Chex - noway, Blaige - of course!

Final 3, Tara/Wil, stepping on the mat just before Blaige, Chex still lost in the Mirage sports book...

Questions? Comments?

-cb

tar2fan1 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-19-02, 06:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tar2fan1 Click to send private message to tar2fan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: So what do we see shaping up..."
okay,

I'm posting a reply to my own message...man I'm lame............anywho:

looking at zap2it, it looks like the episode lineup looks like this:

april 24th
two eps
non-elim than elim
may 1st
two eps
non-elim than non-elim

may 8th
one ep
elim (leaves three teams)
may 15th
two eps
non-elim and winner

here's my logic(if you can call it that)

"The Amazing Race 2"
Finale Date: Wednesday, May 15 at 9 p.m. ET
Description: A special two-hour episode follows the three remaining teams as they close in on, and ultimately cross, the finish line.
Will It Return: Prognosis very good. CBS is already looking for the next 11 teams.

by the end of the may 8th ep, we should have three teams. Am I right, because that's how TAR1 shaped up.

help me out, add your feelings, or just talk.

Rock on.

Ruthless 281 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-19-02, 06:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ruthless Click to send private message to Ruthless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: So what do we see shaping up..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-19-02 AT 11:22 PM (EST)

April 24
2 episodes, non-elimination (8), then elimination (9)
Episode 8 - Hong Kong to Sydney - roadblock or maybe just part of the race with both team members - walk over Sydney Harbour Bridge Pitstop in Sydney
Episode 9 - Sydney to Outback (Lightning Ridge to go opal mining?, Broken Hill to go silver mining?) may stay there or go back to Sydney, or another city in Australia (Brisbane?) or maybe even on to New Zealand

I've looked up the train timetable to see how long it takes to get to both Lightning Ridge and Broken Hill and how much it is. You can fly to Broken Hill, but it would be pretty expensive.
Anyway - Sydney to Broken Hill costs $116 AUS one way ($58 US), train leaves Sydney 7.10 am, change to bus at Dubbo, arrive Broken Hill 10.45 pm. - this is the daily one
There are other train services, but they are not daily services and as they are the long distance tourist trains, seats may not be available on such short notice.
Sydney to Lightning Ridge costs $97.90 AUS ($50 US), same train as for Broken Hill, change to bus at Dubbo and arrive Lightning Ridge 6.30 pm.

May 1
Don't know yet if this will be another double episode or only one, but it will be episode 10 and non-elimination based on TAR1
They go from Australia to New Zealand (if not already there) and end up in Queenstown to go bungee jumping

It depends on when they want to finish the show - if it's May 15 with a double episode (12 and 13) then May 1 would have to be a single episode, with episode 11 on May 8 (the last elimination episode)

May 8
Episode 11 - Just a guess - New Zealand to Japan or Hawaii

May 15
Episode 12 - Japan or Hawaii to Canada??
Episode 13 - Canada to the finish (Las Vegas??)

Of course they may want to split eps 12 and 13 to keep the suspense going, which would mean they either double up eps 10 and 11 on May 1, have ep 12 on May 8 and ep 13 on May 15 or finish it on May 22 with ep 12 on May 15 and ep 13 on May 22.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •