The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"To Yield or Not to Yield, That is the Question"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Urban_Kitten 170 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-15-04, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Urban_Kitten Click to send private message to Urban_Kitten Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"To Yield or Not to Yield, That is the Question"
Noble or not, it's in the freaking rule book so someone needs to shoot Colon Blow with an elephant gun to calm him down.
Honestly, I expected something "over the top" but DUHHHHHH, it's a race. It's not like Chip/Kim slashed the tires of his jeep.
Can anyone explain to me why he has a fan base?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: To Yield or Not to Yield, That ... sisterwoman 09-15-04 1
   RE: To Yield or Not to Yield, That ... ginger 09-15-04 2
       RE: To Yield or Not to Yield, That ... Nanook 09-15-04 3
           RE: To Yield or Not to Yield, That ... tokenbro 09-15-04 4
 RE: To Yield or Not to Yield, That ... nailbone 09-15-04 5
   RE: To Yield or Not to Yield, That ... tvgeek401 09-15-04 6
       RE: To Yield or Not to Yield, That ... realityshowgeek 09-16-04 7
           RE: To Yield or Not to Yield, That ... friedheine 09-16-04 8
               Clear Violation of the Guidelines IceCat 09-16-04 11
                   RE: Clear Violation of the Guidelin... friedheine 09-17-04 12
               RE: To Yield or Not to Yield, That ... sisterwoman 09-17-04 13
               When you reply IceCat 09-17-04 14
           RE: To Yield or Not to Yield, That ... sisterwoman 09-16-04 9
   RE: To Yield or Not to Yield, That ... teesosh 09-16-04 10
       RE: To Yield or Not to Yield, That ... Furious_George 09-20-04 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sisterwoman 163 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-04, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sisterwoman Click to send private message to sisterwoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: To Yield or Not to Yield, That is the Question"
LAST EDITED ON 09-15-04 AT 01:40 PM (EST)

Oh, OH, OH!!!! I totally agree! C & C whining over the unfairness of C & K using the yeild. WHAT?! It wasn't like they were the ones who made up that rule! WHat a toolbox he is.- edited to say- They are!

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-15-04, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: To Yield or Not to Yield, That is the Question"
How DARE the other teams not suck!

How DARE they attempt to win!

Poor Chip. He is feeling so guilty. I'd be grinning.

Nanook 189 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-04, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nanook Click to send private message to Nanook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: To Yield or Not to Yield, That is the Question"
LAST EDITED ON 09-15-04 AT 05:46 PM (EST)

Really! Based on the previews for next week’s show, C & C chew C & K out for using the yield on them. Come on kids, in a race for a million bucks nobody owes you any favors! At this point in the race it’s important to eliminate your strongest competition, namely C & C. C & C seem very selfish, and I’m sure they wouldn’t hesitate to use the yield on C & K if necessary.

tokenbro 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-15-04, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tokenbro Click to send private message to tokenbro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: To Yield or Not to Yield, That is the Question"
Yea that Colin kid thinks everyone must bow to him. The problem with some Americans today.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-04, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: To Yield or Not to Yield, That is the Question"
C&C have a fan base cuz, like them or not, they're the strongest and smartest (and luckiest...until last night) racers. You have to admire (from a game standpoint) a team with comes in first that many times in a row. They are arrogant and obnoxious, but they haven't cheated/backstabbed/etc. their way to the front, just good luck and smart racing.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Omnia in bonum o-

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-15-04, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: To Yield or Not to Yield, That is the Question"
what boner said.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

realityshowgeek 177 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-04, 03:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realityshowgeek Click to send private message to realityshowgeek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: To Yield or Not to Yield, That is the Question"
Christie: "No fair, you used your legs to run"

friedheine 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-16-04, 04:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail friedheine Click to send private message to friedheine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: To Yield or Not to Yield, That is the Question"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-04 AT 10:11 PM (EST)

(Changed "if you don't agree with me". Edited under duress to remove the slight possibility that I might OFFEND somebody*. Even though Urban_Kitten and I go waaaaaaaaay back. Weeks, even. And nobody got miffed. Except for one of the Official Lurkers.)

They have a fan base because there are lots of people who can relate to them... because they are JUST LIKE THEM. Rude, arrogant, full of themselves. Nobody else on the planet is as important as THEY are.

And if anybody out there doesn't agree with me,
THEN YOU ARE A MORON AND YOU CAN JUST GO TO H---!!!!!!

THE ABOVE WAS A JOKE. A SARCASTIC JOKE. SEE, 'CUZ I SAID THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE ARROGANT AND RUDE, AND THEN I ACTED JUST LIKE ONE OF THEM. Get it? Ha ha.

*For those who are still wondering, I didn't remove the 'H-E-double-hockeysticks' because it's apparently acceptable, since IceCat uses the entire word in HIS posts. (Reference the thread discussing naked Amazing Race Babes, curiously being allowed to continue, out of place, in the Bashers forum.)

This little "lesson" has drained all the fun out of it for me.

Bye, all.

FH

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-04, 05:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Clear Violation of the Guidelines"
A quick apology and an edit of your post might help you avoid being banned.

friedheine 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-17-04, 06:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail friedheine Click to send private message to friedheine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Clear Violation of the Guidelines"
Oh, come ON! Are you serious???

I didn't "personally attack another member", I didn't say anything that wasn't "clean"... the majority of the messages in this thread are being ridiculously sarcastic, and I just went with that theme. I was obviously only mocking MYSELF in that post.. so what is it that I am supposed to apologize for?????? I don't get it.

09-17-04, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sisterwoman Click to send private message to sisterwoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: To Yield or Not to Yield, That is the Question"
>They have a fan base because
>there are lots of people
>who can relate to them...
>because they are JUST LIKE
>THEM.
Rude, arrogant, full of
>themselves. Nobody else on the
>planet is as important as
>THEY are.
>
>

I snipped the bottom part of this so as not to offend anyone, but wanted to say that I totally took this as a joke.freidheine, I hope you are not banned because I really like your wit!

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "When you reply "
... to a particular post and then use the direct mode of address ie: 'you are...', the reasonable interpretation is that your remarks are directed to person who made the post to which your replied.

Try to be more careful when using sarcasm of this nature especially when replying to a particular post. Please edit the response so that people don't take it the wrong way.

09-16-04, 10:58 AM (EST)
9. "RE: To Yield or Not to Yield, That is the Question"
>Christie: "No fair, you used your
>legs to run"

Thanks, RSG. Thanks a lot. Are you gonna come clean this coffee off the computer now?

teesosh 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-16-04, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail teesosh Click to send private message to teesosh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: To Yield or Not to Yield, That is the Question"
"They are arrogant and obnoxious, but they haven't cheated/backstabbed/etc. their way to the front, just good luck and smart racing."

Which leaves the question begging to be asked:

So, who exactly is it that HAS "cheated/backstabbed/etc. their way to the front"???

They can't just stand out in brilliant contrast to nobody.

Furious_George 41 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-20-04, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Furious_George Click to send private message to Furious_George Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: To Yield or Not to Yield, That is the Question"
"So, who exactly is it that HAS "cheated/backstabbed/etc. their way to the front"???

They can't just stand out in brilliant contrast to nobody."

Looks like you're never gonna get an answer to that one, teesosh! Way to put the torch to a "straw man" argument!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •