The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol Reveal"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-31-06, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol Reveal"
It will be interesting to see how Terry's reveal will play out. If he had to reveal that would indicate he did not win immunity. Given the reveal, Casaya probably won't vote for him even though he does not have immunity. Otherwise they'd lose a member. I wonder if he SHOWED it to them?

How can Casaya force him to use it w/o taking unpredictable damage? Can you think of a way? If I were Casaya, I would pick off everyone else on La Mina except Terry. When it is 6-1, Casaya should secretly give 4 votes to Terry and 2 votes to the lowest ranking Casaya. If the vote were held now, the vote could go:

Danielle Votes Terry
Courtney Votes Terry
Aras Votes Bruce
Shane Cotes Bruce
Cirie Votes Terry
Bruce Votes Terry

Terry votes Shane or Aras but it does not matter.

Terry uses immunity idol and lowest ranking Casaya, Bruce, goes home 2-1. This assumes Terry didn't win immunity that week.

The hidden idol has some serious power...

-- Elroy Jetson

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol R... Brownroach 03-31-06 1
   RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol R... ElroyJetson 03-31-06 2
       RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol R... Brownroach 03-31-06 4
           RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol R... Surviette 03-31-06 10
               RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol R... Brownroach 03-31-06 11
                   RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol R... ElroyJetson 03-31-06 12
                       RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol R... samboohoo 03-31-06 15
 RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol R... JazzyJax 03-31-06 3
 RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol R... michel 03-31-06 5
   RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol R... ElroyJetson 03-31-06 6
       RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol R... Brownroach 03-31-06 7
           RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol R... ElroyJetson 03-31-06 8
               RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol R... Brownroach 03-31-06 9
                   RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol R... architecturegirl 03-31-06 13
                       RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol R... Brownroach 03-31-06 14
 RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol R... samboohoo 03-31-06 16
   RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol R... ElroyJetson 03-31-06 17
       RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol R... samboohoo 04-01-06 19
           RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol R... ElroyJetson 04-02-06 23
           RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol R... Bravehart 04-03-06 24
 RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol R... tribephyl 04-01-06 18
   RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol R... volsfan 04-01-06 20
       RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol R... michel 04-01-06 21
           RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol R... volsfan 04-01-06 22
   RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol R... ElroyJetson 04-03-06 25
   RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol R... Brownroach 04-03-06 26
       RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol R... tribephyl 04-03-06 27
           RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol R... Brownroach 04-03-06 28
 RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol R... LionChow 04-03-06 29
   What would you do if you had the HI... Bravehart 04-03-06 31
       RE: What would you do if you had th... xwraith27 04-04-06 33
           RE: What would you do if you had th... Brownroach 04-04-06 34
 Who's got the II? mavs_fan 04-03-06 30
 RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol R... Bravehart 04-04-06 32
 Couldn't Casaya force the HII to be... Brownroach 04-05-06 35
   RE: Couldn't Casaya force the HII t... Adnarim 04-05-06 36
       RE: Couldn't Casaya force the HII t... architecturegirl 04-05-06 37
           RE: Couldn't Casaya force the HII t... Brownroach 04-05-06 38
               RE: Couldn't Casaya force the HII t... Monte71 04-06-06 40
           RE: Couldn't Casaya force the HII t... Surviette 04-05-06 39
   RE: Couldn't Casaya force the HII t... Flowerpower 04-06-06 41
 bump Bebo 05-03-06 42

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-31-06, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol Reveal"
I was thinking it would be fun to have a thread where we mull over different ways the HII could be used or its effect blunted, so this looks like a good place to do that.

They could force Terry's hand when there are still two La Minas left. The Casayas could arrange to vote 3-3: three votes for Terry and three votes for Bruce; Terry and let's say Sally vote for Shane. If Terry played the idol to break the tie, Bruce would go home.

He couldn't to try to save the idol by not playing it and going to a revote, because all of the Casayas would switch their votes to Terry and he'd have to play the idol anyway.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

03-31-06, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol Reveal"
Interesting idea BR.

I was thinking about the 3-3 idea but forgot about the revote aspect. I figured Terry and <unnamed opponent> would go directly to a tie-break challenge and that would not guarantee Terry using the idol.

So, in the revote, who votes? Everyone revotes for either Bruce or Terry, correct?

As a matter of fact, they could target the other La Mina in this scenario and send them packing, right? Two birds with one stone.

-- Elroy Jetson

03-31-06, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol Reveal"
LAST EDITED ON 03-31-06 AT 12:37 PM (EST)

Changing this post because I misunderstood what you meant.

Yes, they could absolutely vote 3-3 for Terry and Sally (or whoever) and Sally would end up leaving and the idol would be out of play. Even better.

Or they could vote Terry 4, Sally 2, with Shane (or whoever) getting 2 from La Mina. Terry would have to play the idol to avoid leaving, so we are left with a tie between Sally and Shane. On the revote all of Casaya (minus Shane) votes for Sally; Terry (minus Sally) votes for Shane. Same thing -- Sally goes home, and the idol is out of play.

Casaya should be smart enough to figure this out when it gets down to eight. So they are thwarted only if Terry wins regular immunity. I wonder if Terry is smart enough to figure this out as well.

Surviette 124 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-31-06, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Surviette Click to send private message to Surviette Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol Reveal"
I am intrigued with another possibility.

Next time, Terry says "I will give you the immunity idol". Do we know Terry is referring only to II? If Terry wins II, we know he can save himself and someone else once. He might be considering this as a last resort because surely he's smart enough to realize he needs numbers on his side. During the IC, Austin asked Terry to help him out and I'm wondering whether this might be foreshadowing.

Also, Sally has also been to EI and Terry could lend her the HII to wave around and create uncertainty in the fragile minds of Old Casaya.

03-31-06, 02:07 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol Reveal"
It would be hilarious if all three of them were seen waving it around periodically. The Casayas wouldn't know which one was safe to vote for at TC.

03-31-06, 02:16 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol Reveal"
Me like

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-06, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol Reveal"
Ooooooh, me too.

And perhaps this is what is meant by Courtney's or Danielle's comment about them changing the whole game.

Elroy, I'm confused about your first post. I'll have to respond directly to it.

It's Arkie Love

JazzyJax 531 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-06, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JazzyJax Click to send private message to JazzyJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol Reveal"
If they pulled Sally off the La Mina team in trade for whiny Courtney, they could play BR's trick next week, if Terry does not win individual immunity, that is. Funny how he "confesses" this to Courtney EP8. Because she has the biggest mouth and will tell the others? Because he didn't get II and wants to throw a monkey wrench into Casaya's plans? Because he senses Courtney is on the fringe of La Mina after observing the tribe for a few extra days and he is still trying to get them to switch up? Maybe all of the above.

Sally has to know she's on a sinking ship. Casaya should try to use her to make sure La Mina doesn't have the numbers to take out someone else inadvertantly as soon as Terry loses II. That would be the most fun!

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-06, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol Reveal"
When we speculate about what Terry does with the idol, maybe we should keep in mind what Nick had to say about him in the insider: "Terry doesn't know a thing about strategy and alliances".

Terry is there to Outplay everyone not to Outwit them.

03-31-06, 11:08 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol Reveal"
When we speculate about what Terry does with the idol, maybe we should keep in mind what Nick had to say about him in the insider: "Terry doesn't know a thing about strategy and alliances".

I guess we'll see about Terry's strategic prowess. If this quote was coming from someone other than Nick I would give it more weight.

-- Elroy Jetson

03-31-06, 11:13 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol Reveal"
Well, Dan and Ruth Marie have already implied as much in previous interviews.

03-31-06, 11:17 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol Reveal"
Well, Dan and Ruth Marie have already implied as much in previous interviews.

Then I would say things don't bode well for Terry.

-- Elroy Jetson

03-31-06, 11:31 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol Reveal"
FWIW, though, I think Dan is probably wrong that Bruce and Cirie would have been easier to flip if Terry had kept himself and Ruth Marie around. Cirie seems to have decided she's sitting pretty right where she is. And it was way too easy for Aras and Shane to hoodwink Bruce.

architecturegirl 227 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-31-06, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail architecturegirl Click to send private message to architecturegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol Reveal"
True, but Terry went about it in a universally stupid way. He offered final 5 to Bruce (Hey, we'll bring you in and you can be bottom rung of OUR alliance instead of theirs!). And THEN he turned around and offered the same thing to Shane and Cerie - without including Bruce. All those three had to do was have a conversation, which I'm sure did happen since they were all so paranoid about Bruce, and it had to be obvious to Bruce that Terry wasnt completely on the up and up with him if he's making other offers that dont include Bruce.
And well, Cerie IS sitting pretty where she is. There was no flipping her, but they might have gotten Bruce had Terry not been such a numbskull about how he went about it. He could have somehow made it clear to Bruce that if he went with them he'd be an equal member of their group (or higher up the ladder than others) and make it clear that if it came to a tie, that Casaya would be on the losing end, not them. Now that IS an offer that could have swayed Bruce.
The one he put out there - Bruce would have had to be stupid to take it.

03-31-06, 02:39 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol Reveal"
The one he put out there - Bruce would have had to be stupid to take it.

But Bruce IS stupid.

I'm just saying I don't think it would have made a difference if Dan were there, which is what Dan seems to think. Likewise for Cirie if Ruth Marie were there; Cirie still wouldn't have budged.

03-31-06, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol Reveal"
"It will be interesting to see how Terry's reveal will play out. If he had to reveal that would indicate he did not win immunity. Given the reveal, Casaya probably won't vote for him even though he does not have immunity. Otherwise they'd lose a member. I wonder if he SHOWED it to them?"

I'm confused. If he wins immunity, he can transfer his to Sally or Austin, so Casaya doesn't have to lose a member yet.

It's Arkie Love

03-31-06, 03:30 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol Reveal"
I'm confused. If he wins immunity, he can transfer his to Sally or Austin, so Casaya doesn't have to lose a member yet.

Right, what I am saying is that Casaya wants Terry gone yesterday. Now Terry is saying he has the HII. In the next IC, if Terry does not win immunity, they can't vote for him. He'll whip out the HII and the Casayan that La Mina voted for is toast. For now, the HII is basically giving him immunity without him even having to use it.

-- Elroy Jetson

04-01-06, 06:52 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol Reveal"
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-06 AT 06:53 AM (EST)

Not necessarily - Casaya can still whittle La Mina down to 2 if they can throw enough votes at the one La Mina who does not have immunity. It should get interesting, and it would be best for a Casaya to win regular immunity.

ETA: I'm not arguing with you at all.

It's Arkie Love

04-02-06, 06:22 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol Reveal"
Good point Samboohoo! I'm looking forward to how this plays out!!

-- Elroy Jetson

Bravehart 264 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-06, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bravehart Click to send private message to Bravehart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol Reveal"
>Not necessarily - Casaya can still
>whittle La Mina down to
>2 if they can throw
>enough votes at the one
>La Mina who does not
>have immunity.

I agree Sam, I feel Terry will not donate his II or HII, maybe he'll let the remaining La Mina's flash it around a little to throw confusion to Casaya. The way the editing showed the shocked faces of Casaya at TC when Austin said he was trying to appear week in the endurance challenge leads me to believe that Casaya will target Austin, especially if Terry blabs he has the HII. There are great theories in this thread but I feel the Casaya tribe members do not have the strategic prowess that our posters do.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-06, 02:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol Reveal"
First, thanks for the invite Elroy.
I'd be glad to explain myself more here.

It will be interesting to see how Terry's reveal will play out. If he had to reveal that would indicate he did not win immunity.
Not necessarily true. He doesn't have to be without immunity in order to reveal that he found the HiddenIdol.
In fact, as indicated by his playing style so far, he'd be quite apt to reveal that he has the idol.
In his mind he's spreading confusion around.
Which at first will be the result, but once the Casaya 6 have the chance to absorb the information they will find a way to get him to use it before the F4. (Which was his original strategy, by the way.)

Given the reveal, Casaya probably won't vote for him even though he does not have immunity. Otherwise they'd lose a member. I wonder if he SHOWED it to them?
Even if he doesn't actually physically show them the idol, the fact that he said anything at all about it will spread like wild-fire. Some won't believe it, but it won't stop the Casaya 6 from trying to formulate plans to get him to use it earlier than he wants to.
Truthfully, they don't even have to vote for him this week to get him to use it. As JP had mentioned the HiddenIdol is transferrable. If anyone mentions voting to boot Austin, Terry may feel compelled to give the HI to Austin. Giving Casaya a chance to just boot Sally. (And Visaversa with giving Sally the HI and booting Austin.) The only time the Casaya 6 may lose a member is when the LaMina's are down to 2 and Sally(Austin) have won the immunity (or Terry has and he donates his HI to the remaining LaMina). Or when Terry wins the F6 immunity.

How can Casaya force him to use it w/o taking unpredictable damage? Can you think of a way? If I were Casaya, I would pick off everyone else on La Mina except Terry. When it is 6-1, Casaya should secretly give 4 votes to Terry and 2 votes to the lowest ranking Casaya.
This is one way.
There is another.
It depends on the immunity necklace though.
If the LaMina's are down to 2. Casaya splits their 6 votes, 3 each to Terry and Sally(Austin). The tie would force Terry to use his HI while the the remaining votes would be for the other member of his alliance. Only 2 votes for whomever Terry and Sally(Austin) voted for so the other LaMina is doomed to make the walk of shame AND Terry has been tricked into using his idol.

It did when no one knew who had it. But, since Terry reveals he has it, it will become quite easy for the Casaya6 to trick him into using it. And they won't even need to suffer for it.

By the way...
I have a gift for you elroy.

You likey?

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-06, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol Reveal"
It did when no one knew who had it. But, since Terry reveals he has it, it will become quite easy for the Casaya6 to trick him into using it. And they won't even need to suffer for it.

I agree if Terry gives them hours on end to come up with a plan. Keep in mind we are talking about the idiot 6 here. If Terry springs the news as they are preparing to go to TC and don't have time for Shane to pull everyone aside...I can see where the confusion would lead to TC with no clear plan from the idiot 6. Or at least this is how I hope it plays out!

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-06, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol Reveal"
Volsfan, Casaya has been presented as the idiot tribe. They've actually played a much smarter game than expected. I agree that if Terry reveals the idol just before TC it would be difficult to come up with all the options but this isn't the TC they can do anything about it anyway. With 3 La Mina left, Casaya cannot spread the vote. Better vote one that doesn't have the idol and then they have 3 days to come up with a plan before the next TC where spreading the votes becomes possible.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-06, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol Reveal"
Volsfan, Casaya has been presented as the idiot tribe. They've actually played a much smarter game than expected.

I think you were trying to say that you think Casaya has played a smarter game...that is your opinion of course...I disagree but it's all good.

04-03-06, 11:10 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol Reveal"
Tribe

Glad you could make it over here! And thanks a million for the sigpic! I haven't used one for awhile and never got around to setting another one up.

In his mind he's spreading confusion around.

Given Terry's lack of strategic thinking, I am afraid you are right. If I were him I wouldn't mention it until I did not have immunity so I could help ensure the other tribe would not vote for me and force me to use it.

There is another.
It depends on the immunity necklace though.

Definitely, the tie vote would force the use of the HII. BR discussed that in post #4.

As JP had mentioned the HiddenIdol is transferrable.

Personally, I think Terry would be nuts to transfer it to a tribemate. The numbers gap is too great to overcome at this point. I'd let them pagong my allies and then hope for the best (play the Danni role) when Casaya has to start thinking about destroying itself.

04-03-06, 01:25 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol Reveal"
they will find a way to get him to use it before the F4. (Which was his original strategy, by the way.)

Tribe, maybe I'm misunderstanding you here, but where did you get that Terry's original strategy was to use it before the F4? If I remember, when he found the idol he said he'd hopefully never have to use it.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-06, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol Reveal"
No, I totally agree BR.
I just meant that the others would try to get him to use it before he wanted to.
Granted, he was hoping to never use it.
But, it's validity ends at F4, so he'd hope that he wouldn't have to use it before then.

By stating that his strategy was to use it so late in the game (or never use it) contradicts his "new" strategy of revealing that he has it when they're at 9 castaways.

04-03-06, 03:43 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol Reveal"
Okay, gotcha, I knew I was misinterpreting it.

LionChow 2033 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-03-06, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LionChow Click to send private message to LionChow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol Reveal"
OK, how might this have worked (pre-Nick vote):

Grab Bruce and pull him aside. Show him the immunity idol after telling him how much you like him, brak, brak, brak.

"Listen Bruce, I want to make you an offer. Tonight the four of us are going to vote for Shane. If you come over and vote with us (5-5 vote) and maybe pull somebody with you (6-4 vote), we'll bring you into our group.

If you don't vote with us, we'll target you with our next vote. If your group then happens to vote out the player with the HII, you'll be the one going home."

It's not the greatest plan in the world, but maybe one of you can find a way to twist my logic into something more coherent.

04-03-06, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bravehart Click to send private message to Bravehart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "What would you do if you had the HII ?"
Personally, I would not divulge, especially if I'm losing in the numbers. Theories aside, what would you do?

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-04-06, 01:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: What would you do if you had the HII ?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-06 AT 02:02 AM (EST)

This is good material for the 'What If' thread, I think. Personally, I would have used the HII as a bribe. This scenario assumes that 1) I'm Terry, 2) Spoilers are correct and I win all Immunity Challenges except F3, 3) Everything goes according to planned.

In F10, I promise both Bruce and Sally a position in F3. I also have Sally rally for a female alliance with Cirie, Danielle, and Courtney, asking them to vote off Austin (a La Mina, to avoid suspicion). At TC, La Mina + Bruce vote off Shane (5 votes); Aras and Shane vote off Nick (2 votes); Cirie, Danielle, and Courtney vote off Austin per Sally's request (3 votes). Shane goes home.

At F9, I use the HII as a bribe to Bruce. "Stay with us, and I'll give you the HII". I also start befriending Sally at this stage. 5 votes Casaya member, 4 votes La Mina. I give the HII to Bruce.

F8, F7, F6 - Three Casaya women are voted off.

F5 - I tell Bruce that we're voting off Nick/Austin. At TC, 4 votes Bruce, 1 vote Nick/Austin. Nick/Austin out using HII.

F4 - Make sure that I'm exiled. Vote off Bruce.

F3 - Sally, Terry, Austin/Nick. If my befriending Sally pays off, she'll take me to F2 if she wins (but probably not). At the very least, I'll have to outlast Nick/Austin in the endurance challenge (which I've done before, at F10) to get to F2.

I'm sure this is a VERY flawed scenario (which is why assumption #3 is in place). But it's how I think I'd play it out.

04-04-06, 09:52 AM (EST)
34. "RE: What would you do if you had the HII ?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-06 AT 10:41 AM (EST)

I do think Terry may use the HII as a bribe this week to try to get Bruce and Cirie to switch again. He'd think it would seem more attractive to them now that Nick is gone. He could promise both of them final 3 and that they would knock out Austin and Sally at 5 and 4.

The problem is that Bruce doesn't seem receptive to any strategic thinking whatsoever. As long as Shane and Aras keep flattering him, he will stay with the Casaya alliance. Cirie I think is gambling on the Casaya alliance imploding when the LaMinas (and Bruce) are gone, thus she will be able to get to the final 4 or further.

On the "what if" front, it should have been obvious to Terry that no one was going to switch by the time they were getting ready to go to TC last Ep. Since he's now going to have to reveal he has the HII anyway, I was thinking he could have tried the following at TC, with the help of Austin, Sally and Nick:

First, tell A/S/N that he has the HII before they go to TC, so they can play along with him (i.e. not look shocked later). Then during TC -- ideally right before the vote -- casually mention that the immunity idol was found and that one of the four of them is holding it.

The Casayas, knowing that Terry has regular immunity, would suspect that someone else has the HII but they wouldn't know who. Or they might think Terry is just bluffing but they couldn't be positive. If La Mina was lucky, the Casayas, having no opportunity to discuss options, would get rattled enough to split their votes between Nick, Austin and Sally (or vote 3-3 for two of them).

Then Shane would have left without the idol being used and without the necessity of anyone switching sides. It's not foolproof, because if any LaMina got 4 votes they would lose in the tiebreaker and have to leave. But it might have been worth a try.

ETA: Actually, Terry wouldn't even have to tell A/S/N that he has the idol. He could get them all together and say, "Look, Sally and I have both been to EI and for all they know one of us may have the idol. So let's try this bluff at TC, there's nothing to lose..."

mavs_fan 299 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-06, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mavs_fan Click to send private message to mavs_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "Who's got the II?"
At this stage I think Terry's smartest move would be to play who's got the II?

If Terry wins individual immunity, He can tell Shane that he has a choice. Since Terry has individual immunity, He's giving the II to either Austin or Sally at the next TC. Casaya just has to guess which one will have it and vote for the other one at TC. But if Casaya guesses wrong and they vote for the one with immunity then Shane's going home. So, Shane has a 50-50 chance of getting sent home.

But Terry offers Shane a 100% chance to save himself. Talk Aras or Bruce into flipping with him and La Mina will agree to vote off Courtney instead.

Terry holds on to the immunity idol and keeps it for later in the game. I think just the threat of giving it to Sally or Austin could cause enough doubt in Casayas mind to cause them to break.

04-04-06, 01:07 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Regarding Terry's Hidden Idol Reveal"
Dangerous to worship false idols....haven't they been hammering home that Bruce's garden is like a false idol?

Plus, if you look at the pics....the only clear pics are of Shane, Courts, Sally and Aras. They're safe.

04-05-06, 01:03 PM (EST)
35. "Couldn't Casaya force the HII to be played this week?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-05-06 AT 01:05 PM (EST)

I was thinking they have to wait till it's down to 8, but I see a way they could do it this week. I think. It would depend on Terry either not being immune or being immune and passing the HII to Austin or Sally.

Since I think Terry wins the IC this week I'll go with the latter. The 6 Casayas can't vote for Terry and believe he may pass the HII to either Austin or Sally -- but which one? They could solve the problem by voting 3-3 for each of them. If one of them produces the HII (let's say Austin), there is a tie between Sally and whoever the La Minas vote for (let's say Shane again).

On the revote, Sally would draw all the Casaya votes, thus she'd have to leave.

Even if neither Austin nor Sally has the II and there is a three-way tie, it would result in the same thing: one of them would draw all the Casaya votes on the revote and would have to leave.

So, if the Casayas want to play it safe this week, they should plan to split their votes 3-3 going into TC.

Adnarim 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

04-05-06, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Adnarim Click to send private message to Adnarim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Couldn't Casaya force the HII to be played this week?"
I was thinking the same thing. But you say it so much better than I could!

It makes sense for Terry not to give the HII to anyone because if Casaya does as you say, than the HII would be wasted.

I was also thinking if Terry gives away the immunity necklace to one of the others. Then Casaya does the same thing (3 for Terry and 3 for the onther La Minian) making Terry use the HII and then they re-vote him out. Either way the HII doesn't take out one of the six!

Adnarim

architecturegirl 227 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-06, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail architecturegirl Click to send private message to architecturegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Couldn't Casaya force the HII to be played this week?"
Ok, quick question - why are we assuming that the person who has the idol would have to give it up in the event of a tie? Why couldnt they hold on to it, and if the tie-breaker resulted in them getting the most votes - THEN they use it, and the other person goes home.
Its a waste of the idol if they use it and they would have won the tie-breaker...Personally I'd want to hold on to it, and only use it if it was absolutely necessary.

04-05-06, 01:53 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Couldn't Casaya force the HII to be played this week?"
Hmm, that is a good point.

I wonder if they'd *have* to play the idol after the first vote. If they don't, you're right. There could be a three-way tie between Austin, Sally and Shane. No one says they have the idol. So what should Casaya do? If they all revote for Austin, and THEN he says he has the idol, Shane is screwed.

Monte71 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-06-06, 01:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Monte71 Click to send private message to Monte71 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Couldn't Casaya force the HII to be played this week?"
If there is a 3-way tie between two La Mina, and one Casaya, then at the re-vote;
3 Casaya vote for one of the tied La Mina,
2 Casaya vote for the other tied La Mina,
and the lone La Mina eligible to re-vote would probably vote for the one Casaya in the 3-way tie.

The person with the most votes at the re-vote would either have to surrender the HII or their torch. If the person with the most votes has the HII, then the other tied La Mina with the second highest number of votes would go home. It is a win/win for Casaya. It draws the HII out of play and someone from La Mina is going home.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that Terry doesn't win II, and the Casaya's make this move.

Surviette 124 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-05-06, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Surviette Click to send private message to Surviette Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Couldn't Casaya force the HII to be played this week?"
Good points AG. Both LaMinans, involved in the tie, would need to keep the bluff going. I wonder if Jeff would help them figure out all these options?

As far as using HII as a "bribe", I wonder wether Terry thinks he can take someone along while he holds onto HII, or if he plans to hand it over later in return for voting loyalty. Personally, I would offer to give Cirie HII at F5, only if she could keep my entire group safe until then. That way, Cirie would have the chance to go further and the onus would be on Cirie to sell the other dictionary.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-06, 07:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Couldn't Casaya force the HII to be played this week?"
I do think it could happen this week.... I believe that Bruce is capable of voting with La Mina. Say Terry wins the IC, and offers to protect the targeted LaMina, I think Jeff said that it can be passed after the votes are read. Say the Casaya's plan on splitting their vote, only Bruce is bribed when Terry asks him who he'd most want to vote off of the Casaya's...he singles out Courtney, and the 3 LaMina's agree to vote against her. I do think Bruce is quite capable of voting against her, he's in no alliance with her, and all that hype through the season regarding how much he can't stand her...and, we do see Bruce shaking someone's hand in the vidcaps, who is blacked out. Bruce may not think it all the way through, he'll think even though I vote against a Casaya, they'll still need him next week, and he'll think it's a way to get rid of the hidden II, so the Casaya's can continue on their way next week without the annoying Courtney.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-06, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "bump"

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •