The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 3, Exilee"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-13-06, 07:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 3, Exilee"
Thought we could use a thread to discuss the ep 3 exilee....
Here's a pic I found at Sucks:

Definately looks like a male goes.

Someone over there thought that the left thumb looked bruised as Shane's may look here:

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 3, Exilee KObrien_fan 02-13-06 1
   RE: Ep 3, Exilee Brownroach 02-13-06 3
 RE: Ep 3, Exilee Scarlett O Hara 02-13-06 2
   RE: Ep 3, Exilee Corvis 02-13-06 4
       RE: Ep 3, Exilee Flowerpower 02-13-06 5
           RE: Ep 3, Exilee Corvis 02-13-06 9
               RE: Ep 3, Exilee Flowerpower 02-13-06 10
 RE: Ep 3, Exilee Brownroach 02-13-06 6
   RE: Ep 3, Exilee emydi 02-13-06 7
       RE: Ep 3, Exilee Brownroach 02-13-06 8
       RE: Ep 3, Exilee PhillyBrat 02-14-06 15
   RE: Ep 3, Exilee KObrien_fan 02-13-06 11
   RE: Ep 3, Exilee whoami 02-13-06 13
 Thumb comparison sylvester 02-13-06 12
   RE: Thumb comparison Flowerpower 02-14-06 14
       Prop error michel 02-14-06 16
           RE: Prop error Flowerpower 02-14-06 17
               RE: Prop error JazzyJax 02-14-06 22
           RE: Prop error KObrien_fan 02-14-06 18
               RE: Prop error michel 02-14-06 19
                   RE: Prop error Brownroach 02-14-06 20
                   RE: Prop error KObrien_fan 02-14-06 21
                       RE: Prop error michel 02-14-06 23
                           RE: Prop error KObrien_fan 02-14-06 26
       RE: Red Zone comparison Carnac The Adequate 02-14-06 24
           RE: Red Zone comparison Brownroach 02-14-06 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-06, 08:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep 3, Exilee"
Every night is miserable for the next Survivor sent to Exile Island. Can they withstand another horrendous night, fighting the cold winds and torrential rain alone?

This line from SeeBS misdirection sounds very much like it could apply to Shane. He is miserable enough at the regular campsite, imagine how much more miserable he would be on EI...as a plus his tribe wouldn't have to listen to his whining.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-06, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep 3, Exilee"
I thought that too when I first read "miserable", KO. Plus Shane was complaining about the rainstorm and this is talking about *more* rain.

It could be that the argument at Casaya's camp occurs the morning after TC, before the RC.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-13-06, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep 3, Exilee"
Here's a shot of Bruce's hands. It appears as if he is wearing a ring on his right hand ... or is that just glare?

Also, FWIW, I guess we can rule out Bob Dawg as this week's Exilee.

I am thinking that the Exilee is Shane.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-06, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep 3, Exilee"
It does appear to be a ring, but it's not on a finger that's shown in the first pic, so it's not conclusive. I think those could be Bruce's hands - they look like an older man's hands to me - lots of deep creases.

02-13-06, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep 3, Exilee"
I definately agree, these are not a young guys hands, nor are they an African American's hands. These are either Shane's or Bruce's hands...

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-06, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ep 3, Exilee"
35 is young! Really! Come on...

(I'm turning 35 myself this year and my hands don't look that wrinkly...)

02-13-06, 03:44 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Ep 3, Exilee"
Trust me, Corvis, 35 is YOUNG! LOL! Didn't mean to offend anyone, CBS takes the blame for labeling them these names....at any rate, let me clarify, I do not think that those are Aras' hands, nor Bobby's....

02-13-06, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ep 3, Exilee"
TDT says the Clue 3 cap was actually edited into Episode 2, when Bruce first opened up the clue -- but then when the (correct) clue was shown later it didn't have "Clue 3" written on it. Also that the giant ring Bruce wears was on the hand holding the clue (the wrong one, I think he means). For them to make that kind of editing goof Bruce must be this week's exile.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-06, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ep 3, Exilee"
LAST EDITED ON 02-13-06 AT 12:48 PM (EST)

Interesting...I still think that someone...Dan, Terry, analytical thinkers**? would think of the reasoning that you want to give the chance to find Hidden II to someone that needs to use it right away...

But this helps too..I'm sticking with Bruce as Exile

**this wouldn't be Misty bc she wants to maintain that she still has the hidden II...but I think Terry and Dan could think of this...

02-13-06, 01:13 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Ep 3, Exilee"
They might rationalize that they want as few people as possible to have a chance to look for the II.

PhillyBrat 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-14-06, 07:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyBrat Click to send private message to PhillyBrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Ep 3, Exilee"
Would Bruce make a Plea to be sent there again?

Before the winners decide he tells them, to send him again so that no one else would face the "hell" there. Or something like that, "taking one for the team" kinda thing.

Then what does the winners of the challenge have to say? Well you layed it out there, but we want to send another player? That would look very cold hearted for them.

02-13-06, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ep 3, Exilee"
I thought it was strange that Bruce got three clues to the whereabouts...stupid editors, lol!

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-13-06, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ep 3, Exilee"

I just rewatched that part and it shows Bruce reading the 1st. & 2nd clue then turning it over and it says 3rd clue. I did not see any interuption in the video sequence, but later they show that side again and it does not say 3rd clue.

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-13-06, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Thumb comparison"
I thought I'd jump in here with a few comparison thumb shots. See what you think.

Thumb close-up, holding the clue. Notice the thumbnail is rounded on the bottom, not straight across. Also notice the abrasion on the knuckle:

Thumb close-up of Bruce. This is the best shot I could find of his thumb. Hard to see because of the angle of the photo, but I outlined the thumbnail as best I could. Also notice what may be the same abrasion as the first shot:

Finally, a close-up of Shane's thumb. The bottom of his thumbnail is definitely straight across:

I don't know how conclusive this is, because of the quality of the photos, but I believe that the thumb holding the clue is more likely Bruce's than Shane's.

02-14-06, 06:46 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Thumb comparison"
LAST EDITED ON 02-14-06 AT 07:01 AM (EST)

CAT, you are so awesome! Thanks for the comparison shots! Definately appears to be Bruce rather than Shane at this point, thanks to you!

fp

ETA: The gif that shows how Bruce turned over the map in ep 2, thanks to Quartzeye over at Mess Hall...

clearly you can see the ring on his right hand....then the clue that says, "Clue 3". Seems definitive to me, it's Bruce...poor guy!

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-06, 08:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Prop error"
Has it been considered that instead of an editing error it could be an error by the prop technician. By mistake, he gave Clue #3 to Bruce instead of the #2. Once Bruce started reading: "#3..." they cut the scene and gave him #2 hoping he didn't see too much.
I know it could be smart to send the same person twice but it would be cruel to do it to a 58 yr old man who hasn't antagonized anyone. I know a million is involved but it's a little early to do that.

02-14-06, 09:20 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Prop error"
On the other hand, michel, why not give it to Bruce? The exiled person has the best chance with the clues to find a hidden II that could perhaps save him....why not give that chance to Bruce, who they may indeed like and hope to be reunited with. Bruce was with Dan and Terry in the beginning game, and who knows, maybe they have an "unseen" alliance, and as we know, what we are not shown may indeed have the better chance to survive...

JazzyJax 531 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-14-06, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JazzyJax Click to send private message to JazzyJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Prop error"
Good thinking FP. On the flip side, if Dan/Terry are indeed influencial on La Mina, they may want an older person to find the II, simply because it might be better than one of the younger ones that may become a challenge contender later. And wasn't Shane irritated with Bruce first episode? All these are good reasons for Bruce to go back on EX, no matter which tribe does the choosing.

Just to throw it out there, but during filming, would the filming team actually know which episode would cover which days later in production? Could they have given him two different maps and reshot it because they wouldn't know which episode (2 or 3) would later end up on TV? Who knows what the other filming teams caught for footage at the same time that in editing would become a storyline. Did Jeff say they would receive "clues" or specifically one clue at a time?

02-14-06, 09:21 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Prop error"
It could be why Bruce ends up having to be removed from the game for being sick with bowel problems...

02-14-06, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Prop error"
Yes FP, I agree it could be a strategy but he said he "wouldn't wish it on (his) worst ennemy". Not exactly a good way to keep a friendship. They didn't hear him say that but they certainly can see it's not very enjoyable.
KOB_FAN, it could be as the spoilers said but I always hope those source spoilers are wrong. It's not often enough the case, but it keeps it more interesting. Here, I feel we could be jumping the gun in forgetting the most obvious error committed by the prop guy and attributing it to the editors to fit the spoilers.

02-14-06, 10:43 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Prop error"
I don't think anyone is looking at Bruce as the exile just to fit the C1's spoiler. C1's spoilers have been slightly off in the past, and if Bruce came back from being the Ep 2 exile and then Casaya won the Ep 3 immunity challenge (with an RC loss in between), you could still apply the spoiler anyway, though it would be technically off.

But with little time to strategize it makes sense to me that La Mina would pick Bruce again. First of all, it's not apparent that he would be spared out of friendship or compassion: he wasn't picked for either new tribe, and Terry and Dan were quick to strike up an alliance with Nick and Austin on their new tribe. No one on La Mina will be looking out for Bruce that I can see.

Second, one concern about Exile Island is that if a lot of people get to go there, it could make things very tricky later on. I don't think this is lost on the contestants. Bruce may already have the II, or he may find it when he goes to EI again -- but the point is, Bruce is only one person to worry about. If a different person goes each time you could end up at the merge with, say, six people who have been to EI which could make trying to vote someone out a minefield.

02-14-06, 10:52 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Prop error"
Michel- I wasn't fitting the error to the spoilers, merely commenting that if you believe the spoilers then this could lend some credence to it.

As far as is it a prop error vs is it an editing error, look at it this way:

If it was a prop error as you speculate and then they take away the clue hoping he didn't look at it too much, then they wouldn't have filmed that or included that in the show, they would have re-filmed the part of him looking at the actual clue.

If it was an editing error (which I believe to be the case) then it would have made it onto TV, which it did. If when filming they realized the prop error, that would have alerted them to omit that from the final production copy. Otherwise it was both a prop error and an editing error.

02-14-06, 12:38 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Prop error"
First of all, I have too much respect for you as a poster, KOB_FAN, to imply that you, specifically, were guilty of fitting the events to the spoiling.

Rather it was that, when the discussion turned to Ep. #3, many posters (especially on sucks)said that Casaya was winning RC because of Bruce's return. When Terry appeared to be RC All-Star, that Casaya looked good for an IC win and the vidcap of clue #3 appeared, it was now a sure thing to many that Bruce was exiled. They weren't even considering Brownroach's irreprochable logic, just fitting it to the spoiler. Like I said, I always hope those spoilers turn out wrong and that's what brought me to the prop error.

You may have furnished a rebuttle to that with the argument that a prop error doesn't simplify anything because you still need an edit error. To that, I can only offer the very weak argument that the editors don't look at the pictures as intently as our experts and may have thought the whole scene had been cut out.

02-14-06, 02:07 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Prop error"
The one glaring editing error in recent history that I can recall is during the S8 All Stars. Remember when Rudy was drinking water from his diving mask? He had taken the water out of a pot that had writing on it, the pot with writing on it was a clue to the location of the buried surprise, yet at the time of the scene they hadn't had the RC yet.

I think this falls into the same lines as that. Since Bruce is exiled back to back, they accidently used footage from his second exile in the first. At least, that is what I think has happened.

Carnac The Adequate 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-14-06, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Carnac%20The%20Adequate Click to send private message to Carnac%20The%20Adequate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Red Zone comparison"
LAST EDITED ON 02-14-06 AT 12:49 PM (EST)

Great cap! And even if you can't see "Clue #3," you can easily spot that there are TWO "Red No Idol Zones" marked on the map when he first turns it over, and only ONE when he is "reading" it.

I HOPE this was just a prop mistake.

02-14-06, 01:21 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Red Zone comparison"
Not to mention that "IT'S NOT FOUND HERE" is flush against the left black border in one shot and it's moved some distance toward the center in the other.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •