The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Well, I'll be the first to say that I didn't see that one coming"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

DivaByTheSea 175 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-11-00, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DivaByTheSea Click to send private message to DivaByTheSea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Well, I'll be the first to say that I didn't see that one coming"
I figured that Ogakor would lose again, but that Keith would go. The second choice would have been Tina. I think it's GREAT though that Mitchell went. How funny. His demeanor and expression was priceless when he started getting votes. And Jerri--she looked like she could just die. Heehee. Well, my thoughts that Colby had more power in Oga-whore was right. He's the leader. The real leader. I bet that's who Tina kept her promise too last week. Go Colby! (Now, if we can just get Jerri voted off!)

I have to give Mitchell credit though. He handled himself well. Graceful--even though he dogged on Keith--who by the way had the ultimate come-up-ance....Keith's one vote for Mitchell last week got him kicked off tonight.

Now, what will happen next week?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Well, I'll be the first to say ... SurvivorBlows 11-11-00 1
   RE: Well, I'll be the first to say ... DivaByTheSea 11-11-00 2
       RE: Well, I'll be the first to say ... Kokoro 11-11-00 3
           RE: Well, I'll be the first to say ... ItzLisa 11-11-00 5
   RE: Well, I'll be the first to say ... Minstrel 11-11-00 4
   boy do i feel like a stuck pig sgoogs 11-12-00 6
       RE: boy do i feel like a stuck pig MistyG 11-12-00 8
   Predictions AyatollahKhomeini 11-11-00 10
       RE: Predictions SurvivorBlows 02-18-01 11
 RE: Well, I'll be the first to say ... ElmersGlue 11-12-00 7
   RE: Well, I'll be the first to say ... MistyG 11-12-00 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-11-00, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Well, I'll be the first to say that I didn't see that one coming"
Well, like I noted as a followup to the prediction -- Bitchell was our second choice... but yes, it was a surprise. Jerri's scared right now... very scared, suddenly she's left with only Amber. I hedged my pick in the Yahoo! office league I'm in, betting 30 points on Bitchell and 70 on Tina, so it wasn't a total loss there.

...it was a surprise especially since this wasn't the same tie-breaker system they claimed to have had last season -- then it was "well, you can keep re-voting all night"

I wonder is Jerri was the original plan that "changed on the way to council" (how the hell does that happen -- they openly talked about it while walknig over together?

...and I wonder if it changed because they knew the tiebreaker rule -- Keith seemed very quick to answer that he'd only drawn one vote. But that doesn't make much sense since Jerri has gotten one vote at each of their first two trips to council.

...why do I get the feeling I should be writing "I will always listen to XXX (AK> Supes? CJ?) when it's time to vote" 1000 times ???

DivaByTheSea 175 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-11-00, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DivaByTheSea Click to send private message to DivaByTheSea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Well, I'll be the first to say that I didn't see that one coming"
I don't think that Oga-whore will lose next week though. I think it will be easy to figure out next week. What are chances of Jerri getting the heave-ho in E6?

I hope that Mitchell addresses this "on the way to tribal council" stuff. I really would like to know what happened.

**** Remember, the mighty oak was once just a crazy little nut that held its ground. ****

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-11-00, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Well, I'll be the first to say that I didn't see that one coming"
I definetly see Jerri getting booted in ep 6 as of now. With Mitchell gone she just doesn't have the power anymore and Colby doesn't need her. We also have yet to hear from Amber (not that I'm one of those psycho Amber fans....erm no offence ;) who will also be in danger as Jerri's ship is sinking. Granted...we don't know exactly how dumb Tina is yet. Anyone else get the feeling that the girl just doesn't ever have a clue what she's talking about?

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-11-00, 08:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Well, I'll be the first to say that I didn't see that one coming"
>I definetly see Jerri getting booted in ep 6 as of now. With Mitchell gone she just doesn't have the power anymore and Colby doesn't need her.
***Yup, I'd even go so far to say she may be gone by episode 5. I know, everyone else thinks Kucha loses immunity in Ep. 5, but I just don't see how - Ogakor is so weak from hunger and out numbered. So, Jerri will hopefully be gone by, at the latest, episode 6. I don't think she'll make the merger.

>Granted...we don't know exactly how dumb Tina is yet. Anyone else get the feeling that the girl just doesn't ever have a clue what she's talking about?
***We DON'T know how dumb Tina is yet??? Yeah we do, LOL!!! It's a mystery to me how Tina figures out how to get her feet from the bed to the floor when she wakes up in the morning! Last night when we were watching the votes, my boyfriend says "does she EVER think for herself? Or does she just vote however she's told to vote?" Of course it wound up in their favor, getting rid of Mitchell instead of Keith - but let's hope the little sheep sticks with Keith and not Jerri! It's great that Jerri only has Amber now with Colby swaying over to the other side! I just don't see how The Wicked Witch or her Flying Monkey can last much longer! Pack your bags, ladies!!!

****************************** "I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas." (Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handy)

Minstrel 422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-11-00, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Minstrel Click to send private message to Minstrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Well, I'll be the first to say that I didn't see that one coming"
SB, the tie breaker is like the way sports (NFL) does things. Only relevance is to those tied. But I wonder how much they knew of how tiebreakers work. Sure, JP narrates for television and us, but as in RC for Water Torture, it seemed they were a bit stunned on what was next. I saw Keith in TC#4 so focused (not going to quit) that he was ready for anything. So I'm not sure. It may have gone on longer and it was edited (like in S1).

As for the change in thought while on the way to TC, I remember in S1 where people seemed to "lag" behind. This affords some conversation and possibly private. I know S2 TC's have the survivors "driven" a good ways, but they have to hike and I think I remember reading where it is about one hour hike.

Next for Ogakor: "Hereeeeeee's Jerri!"

sgoogs 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-12-00, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sgoogs Click to send private message to sgoogs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "boy do i feel like a stuck pig"
Boy did I miss that one...

and geez, we all shoulda figured that the reward was chickens,, duh, what other animal can bring the tension of immediate gradification or long term rewards (kill it,,or let them lay eggs)

MistyG 45 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-00, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MistyG Click to send private message to MistyG Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: boy do i feel like a stuck pig"
I can see either Jerri or Kieth going in the next episode. Colby and Tina have been known for their shifting alliances, especially Tina.That is why Kieth may be in danger, plus, Jerri could work on one of them to swing her way. However, I really feel that Colby is out to win, and since Tina and Kieth both don't like Jerri, he will allign with them. Jerri would be hard to trust with the merger. She could easily allign herself with others in the Kucha tribe. I think maybe Colby realizes that. Plus, Amber and Jerri and Tina both pull about the same weight. Any one of them is expendible in a challenge, but Jerri is the one who is most threatening to Kieth, Colby and Tina. I'm still not sure on how strong the alliance with Tina Kieth and Colby is, but I figure they are all the ones with the most in common. They all come from pretty stable backgrounds, all are very hard workers, and have that down home attitude. Jerri is a hollywood wannabe actress, Amber is the college girl type, not really on her own yet. IF the rumor is correct, one tribe wins three immunities in a row. I'm taking it that the tribe is Kucha. Which means that Ogakor loses again, and wins the one after...does that sound logical. Then I think maybe Michael or Kimmi go. in a merger, Michael is a threat, and Kimmi is expindable before any merger.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-11-00, 06:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Predictions"
PLEASE do not "always listen to AK," SB. What works so well on this board has been the fact that we have a core of strong posters who come to their own conclusions and post them, regardless of everyone else's reactions. I was prepared to ridicule CJ for "finding" the immunity icon in Michael's hand in E3 ... until I looked through his posts and the pictures posted by others supporting him and realized he was right!

And in this last episode, I had not been thinking of Mitchell as a target until Superman and Elwood focused us on him. If I had been busier (or less ticked off at MB for playing us like rubes with the "first four" theory), I might not have taken the time to think through their arguments and realized that they made the best fit with the little bit we knew.

The tiebreaker did surprise me, especially since it had been discussed so often last year that prior votes might be a tiebreaker, but MB told Charlie Rose that they'd just keep revoting. BTW, the Web speculation focused on EXACTLY this setup: prior votes against to break a second tie. Yet there was never a source for this speculation. I figured it was probably an "urban legend." But instead, it may have been leaked info.

Whether to give credence to such info is very much an individual decision. In S1, the "killer" was the National Geographic Adventure article that stated that one required character trait "may be why corporate trainer Richard Hatch doesn't win"... I gave that artile high credibility as a spoiler and thus picked Soozin into the final two, because she was the only one Kelly could beat ... and Soozin and Rudy clearly did not win ... but it was DEAD WRONG!

Anyway, SB, I think you're doing a great job both in picking (regardless of the 2-2 record) and as part of the analysis team. Most of the best info still flows through ss.com, but I think the better analysis of that info is being done over here.

One more point: Elwood, flying squirrel & I learned on the ss.com board today (a coincidence that we were there at the same time) that, according to ESPN Magazine, the first thing Elisabeth asked her boyfriend (BC's QB) when she got back was "did you beat Notre Dame?" Since BC played ND right around Kimmi's birthday (E7) -- and the result would probably have been available on CNN Worldwide that day -- this seems to be conclusive evidence that she was still in the tribe at the time of merger. So the ONLY possibilities for boot from Kuchi-koo are Kimmi and Alicia.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-18-01, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Predictions"
>PLEASE do not "always listen to
>AK," SB. What works

...oh, don't worry, I've always been too thick-headed all my life to blindly follow someone else's lead, I'm certainly not going to start now

>One more point: Elwood, flying squirrel
>& I learned on the
>ss.com board today (a coincidence
>that we were there at
>the same time) that, according
>to ESPN Magazine, the first
>thing Elisabeth asked her boyfriend
>(BC's QB) when she got
>back was "did you beat
>Notre Dame?" Since BC
>played ND right around Kimmi's
>birthday (E7) -- and the
>result would probably have been
>available on CNN Worldwide that
>day -- this seems to
>be conclusive evidence that she
>was still in the tribe
>at the time of merger.
> So the ONLY possibilities
>for boot from Kuchi-koo are
>Kimmi and Alicia.

You know, I don't know how much stock I put in this yes, I think it means she in the tribe at the time of the ND game, but I don't know if we can extrapolate how much longer she lasts beyond that -- if Liz REALLY cared to know this answer, all it would have take is 30 seconds of Internet access to put up a game-by-game schedule results for the BC College football team -- any of a number of sports sites as well as presumedly the BC site should have had easy access to this info. The question is: A) was she making idle chit-chat with him and already knew the answer, or B) did she not really know the answer?

...and if it's B, then why not? Yes, the last 7 bootees theorically always have to be back at TC every 3 days, so they can't travel FAR, but they certainly could have driven up into Cairns for some Great Barrier reef sightseeing/scuba diving, etc. and gotten back within the 3 day window. And having personally been in Cairns myself, I know for certain that even back in 1996 they had cybercafe-type places because I used them to send a couple of messages back home. Of course the other possibility is that she really didn't care enough to go out of her way to find out

...and let's not forget that even the Survivor crew camp had Internet terminals.

ElmersGlue 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-12-00, 00:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ElmersGlue Click to send private message to ElmersGlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Well, I'll be the first to say that I didn't see that one coming"
ahhh - what will happen next week you ask?

The Oga's have made a crucial mistake by forming alliances and creating so much friction and tension so early in the game. This game is divided into two parts - team play and then individual play. If your team SUCKS at the first part, you as an individual are going to enter the merger at a disadvantage. Ogakor has been spending so much time and energy deciding which of their tribe should go next that they seem to have forgotten that nobody NEEDS to go at all if they work together and win the challenges.

So ASSUMING that the uneven merger rumor is true....

Once the merger takes place the only chance anyone from Ogakor is going to have is to QUICKLY make friends with an alliance from Kucha -- kind of like rats jumping off a sinking ship.

Does it really matter whether it's Tina, Keith, Jerri, Amber or Colby that goes next? Whatever ragtag Ogakor group is left is going to be worthless!

I think what we need to be asking is -- What is going to happen AFTER the merger? Which of the Kucha's might be willing to adopt a stray pitiful Ogakor? Which of the Ogakor's are going to be smart enough to figure this out?

MistyG 45 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-00, 00:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MistyG Click to send private message to MistyG Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Well, I'll be the first to say that I didn't see that one coming"
If Ogakor can go in with a strong alliance of three to four people I do think they have a good chance. My reasoning isn't set in stone, but Kucha does not have any set alliances in large form. Alicia and Jeff are one, Roger and Liz are another. Kimmi, Nick and Michael all seem to be flying solo. I don't see Roger and Jeff meshing in a merger, and I don't see Alicia getting too close with anyone else but Jeff. I can see Roger and Kieth and Tina and Liz easily getting along, and Colby being smart enough to stay with them. All Ogakor really needs is one person from Kucha to follow their lead. I look at it another way too, Kucha hasn't had a chance to vote anyone out of their tribe except
Deb. I figure they have to be itching to get rid of certain people in their group, and this could happen after the merger takes place.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •