The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep. 1 Post Mortem"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-03-06, 06:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep. 1 Post Mortem"
In light of the spoilers going *splat* this week with the boot as Tina's boot seemingly came out of left field, I thought it'd be good to start up a post-mortem thread to see if we can figure out where did we go wrong.

Or was there simply *NOTHING* out there that could have hinted at the possibility of Tina leaving?

Good job, spoilers, to nail that Misty would be the first exile as we came to that conclusion with the vidcaps of Misty in her full outfit on Exile Island and also appearing at IC with her clothes while the others in her tribe were all in bathing suits.

Some of you had the older women in mind as the losing team, however it seemed that we all considered Ruth Marie or Melinda as the most likely boots from that tribe.

What could we have done differently to pick up on the boot?

Check out my Survivor Guatemala Finale episode summary

A Tribe siggie
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep. 1 Post Mortem Flowerpower 02-03-06 1
 RE: Ep. 1 Post Mortem Brownroach 02-03-06 2
   RE: Ep. 1 Post Mortem PepeLePew13 02-03-06 3
       RE: Ep. 1 Post Mortem Scarlett O Hara 02-03-06 4
   RE: Ep. 1 Post Mortem King Will 02-03-06 5
       RE: Ep. 1 Post Mortem Flowerpower 02-04-06 6
       RE: Ep. 1 Post Mortem Corvis 02-04-06 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-06, 06:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep. 1 Post Mortem"
LAST EDITED ON 02-03-06 AT 11:01 AM (EST)

Great thread Pepe! Well, the first boot is a tough one. Without inside info we are left to rely on the tools that we have....Pre-game vidcaps and Jiffy's or the press assessment of the group. For the longest time I think we were all convinced that the older ladies would do poorly as we had vidcaps of all of the tribes at the IC, with the exception of the older gals. I can remember asking myself, why are there not ANY pics of the girls? To me it signaled that they must be so far behind...then when we saw the caps of Cirie jumping off of the platform as the other tribes were as well, I thought well, they've kept up with the other tribes to this point, must be a close race...

We were misled, or came to the wrong conclusion about them swimming out to the floating structure....

As for the puzzle part, I also assumed that the older gals could be better at puzzles....bad assumption....
But, I felt very strongly that it would come down to one of the ladies tribes.

As far as picking which tribe member of the Casaya group to be first given the boot, well to me, just going on the press assessments and what Jiffy had to say, especially with highlighting Tina so much, I really felt that Melinda was the most likely to go. I did however note in Veruca's thread that I thought out of the group Tina had the potential to be the most bossy....

To tell you the truth, without a source, with no confessional analysis, we rely very heavily on the vidcaps. But with no firm caps to go on, it all comes down to our most logical "guess". I think our guesses were good ones....maybe.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-06, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep. 1 Post Mortem"
LAST EDITED ON 02-03-06 AT 12:14 PM (EST)

Well, at least King Will (the very last voter in the vote thread) got it right.

The dynamic in the older women's camp was kind of what I expected. Since we knew Cirie was going to be around a long time I thought she and Melinda, as the less physically adept pair, would manage to get one of the other two booted if they went to TC. The main reason I leaned away from Tina was because Probst was talking her up a lot, which he never does with the first boot that I can recall, and she was shown quite a bit in the previews. Ruth Marie had more of a non-entity thing going on.

But in retrospect, I guess Probst felt bad for Tina because he liked her, she was supposed to be on the show before but had a personal tragedy, and then she didn't get to play the second time either. It was kind of an aberration so I don't know if we could have seen it coming other than by guessing.

One thing I feel really stupid about is that the shots of Ruth Marie running in the woods and Nick tossing the ring were *not* shots of the challenge-winning tribes; they were shots of the tribes that just escaped losing in each case. I feel like that should have occurred to us, with the four tribe set-up. <bangs head against desk>

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-06, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep. 1 Post Mortem"
Yeah, we should have realized that Tina fits several typical profiles of a first boot that we've seen over the years on Survivor -- namely, the bossy type and the loner/misfit type. Probably not fair to label her as a loner/misfit, but she did have the grieving process to go through and she chose to do it alone without involving the other members of the tribe.

Check out my Survivor Guatemala Finale episode summary

A Tribe siggie
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-03-06, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep. 1 Post Mortem"
... further Pepe, she was the most equipped to survive out there and typically, they get rid of the strongest providers first. The three inept females voted against the strongest. We see this type of vote off all of the time on Survivor.

King Will 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-03-06, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail King%20Will Click to send private message to King%20Will Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep. 1 Post Mortem"
Yeah! First time that I successfully picked a first bootee since season 2.

Thanks for the mention BR.

Okay, my reason was the same post that Corvis cited from STFIowa.

"The first immunity challenge and the first boot"
http://survivorthoughts.blogspot.com/2006/02/first-immunity-challenge-and-first.html

Basically that pointed me to the older women and away from Cirie-
I didn't think it would be Ruth Marie based on her profile. Why Tina and not Melinda?

I fear I must admit it was largely to be the only person picking her. No basic spoiler skill, just freaking luck and a tendency to be obstinately, perversly different.

What I was most impressed with- Cirie could be a player. No survival skillls and she got rid of the person who would respect her the least.

Well can't wait do dive into more editing and will try to put some thoughts up in VS editing thread.

Later,
King Will

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-06, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ep. 1 Post Mortem"
Just wanted to add my kudos, KW! Great job!

fp

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-04-06, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ep. 1 Post Mortem"
Glad that helped you, KingWill! Good job getting it right!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •