The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Revisiting the seven deadly sin!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-08-04, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Revisiting the seven deadly sin!"
Please feel free to click the link for reference and description!

Seven Deadly Sins

OK so we are thinking this season of TAR has a "GOD" theme running through it, perhaps the editing is really meant to express the opposite and stress how much the teams are all really sinners! This is my opinion and I'm sticking to it!

Here are some examples:

Pride (also known as Vanity): The most striking example as we all know is Brandon & Nicole not shaving their heads to get the Fast Forward.

Envy: (1) Perhaps not obvious to the naked eye, but I believe the tension between Mirna & Colin could have been caused in some way by envy.
(2) Alison of BB4 is so envious of all other DAW's she needs to apply to every reality show she can. (this could also be considered gluttony!)

Gluttony: (1) Well darn it!!! Have you seen the spread of food that the teams get during the PitStops!!!
(2) As we've seen in some of the Roadblocks (Ostrich Eggs & Caviar) must be eaten to the point of being gluttonous!
(3) Perhaps not all of you know, but I saw somewhere that when arriving at WildWadi waterpark, Colin removed all of the park maps so other teams would not have them!

Lust: Not necessarily between team members of course, but we must not forget the women's experiences on the trains in India!!

Anger: One word, COLIN!

Greed: Took me awhile, but this one hit me last night... and I quote: Nicole, "I want to win a million dollars!", while on the way (I believe) to the dirty detour.

Sloth: Please refer to Draco's thread "Who's Coasting? Analysis" about the women of TAR5! He points out that not only has Kim been slacking on the tasks, but Nicole and Christie as well.

So this is my theory! Figured I'd toss it out to you to see if anyone is on the same wavelength as me!

Perhaps you can point out some more interesting examples of "The Seven Deadly Sins" of TAR5 racers! Have fun!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Revisiting the seven deadly sin... Urban_Kitten 09-09-04 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Urban_Kitten 170 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-09-04, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Urban_Kitten Click to send private message to Urban_Kitten Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Revisiting the seven deadly sin!"
Can we add Deceipt as an unofficial Deadly Sin? The twins trying to rustle up a nonexistent ticket at the Singapore airline counter was despicable.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •