The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S12 Contestant Terry Deitz"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-09-06, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S12 Contestant Terry Deitz"
46 Airline Pilot, Retired Navy Fighter Pilot

Terry Deitz was born and raised in Matawan, New Jersey, by his mother, Peggy and father, George. He has three brothers, Mickey, Skip and Tommie, and one sister, Pegi.

Deitz attended St. Joseph's Grammar School in Keyport, New Jersey, where he played little league baseball, football and basketball. He was also an avid swimmer and a member of the dive team. He then attended St. John Vianney High School in Holmdel, New Jersey, where he earned 11 Varsity letters in football (quarterback), baseball (catcher) and wrestling. He received All County and All Conference awards and made All-State Baseball 1st Team. In addition, he was Varsity Captain for three sports.

From 1978 to 1982, Deitz attended the United States Naval Academy. While there, he played four years of Varsity Division I baseball. In 1982, he was ordered to the USS Enterprise aircraft carrier as a Ship's Officer in the Weapons Department, where he handled ship's defense systems. He was also Officer of the Deck qualified, which enabled him to run the ship for the Captain on a four-hour watch rotation.

In 1984, Deitz was ordered to the US Navy flight school in Pensacola, Florida, where he learned to fly a Navy T-34 turbo prop. He earned jet grades and was sent to Meridian, Mississippi for T-2 and T-A4 advanced jet training. After he obtained his Navy wings, he was ordered to NAS Miramar in San Diego, California, for training in the F-14 Tomcat. In 1986, he began flying the F-14. In 1987, he was a pilot with the Fighter Squadron-51 (Miramar/Deployed on the USS Carl Vinson CVN-70).

Deitz met his wife, Trish, six days before his last six-month cruise. They had three dates, and then he went away for six months. They eventually married on October 5, 1991.

From 1990-1992, Deitz conducted shore duty as an F-14 Instructor pilot. In 1992, married life with family aspirations triggered his decision to leave the active duty Navy.

He was honorably discharged from active Navy and entered Navy reserve. He was then hired by American Airlines as a commercial pilot. In 1994, he and his family moved from San Diego to Simsbury, Connecticut to be able to fly out of New York and Boston. While employed as a commercial pilot, he was also hired by the Naval Reserve Logistics Squadron-52 where he flew the DC-9 worldwide out of the Navy air station in Willow Grove, Pennsylvania. He was later promoted to Commander and eventually retired in April 2001.

Beginning in 1995, Deitz continued to fly with the Navy Reserve and was promoted to Commander. He had also moved over to the wide body Airbus A-300 at American Airlines to fly both London and Caribbean routes. He retired in April of 2001.

Deitz presently resides in Simsbury, Connecticut with Trish and their children, Kayla and Daniel. He continues to fly with American Airlines, piloting the Airbus A300. His birth date is October 10, 1959.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor12/survivors/bio_terry.shtml

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S12 Contestant Terry Deitz dabo 01-09-06 1
   RE: S12 Contestant Terry Deitz Flowerpower 01-09-06 2
       RE: S12 Contestant Terry Deitz Loree 01-09-06 3
           RE: S12 Contestant Terry Deitz bondt007 01-09-06 4
               RE: S12 Contestant Terry Deitz vince3 01-09-06 5
               RE: S12 Contestant Terry Deitz geekboy 01-09-06 6
                   agree bondt007 01-09-06 7
 RE: S12 Contestant Terry Deitz esquire 01-11-06 8
   RE: S12 Contestant Terry Deitz Aruba 01-15-06 9
 RE: S12 Contestant Terry Deitz esquire 02-05-06 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-06, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S12 Contestant Terry Deitz"
Most likely "military guy."

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-06, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S12 Contestant Terry Deitz"
"Military Guy": Speculated by CO to be F2 after winning 7 straight immunity challenges.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-06, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S12 Contestant Terry Deitz"
Well I could definitely see this guy going on an Immunity run. He makes Tom the Fireman look average.

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-09-06, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S12 Contestant Terry Deitz"
You would think that if the rest of the players saw Tom win, this guy wouldn't be around long -

>Issued by "Q" and RollDdice

Charter Member, April 2001; Club Anti-DAW

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-06, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S12 Contestant Terry Deitz"
Yeah, but he may start out acting like Gary from last season, hiding his true abilities until crunch time. Only this time he succeeds when it counts!

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

01-09-06, 08:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S12 Contestant Terry Deitz"
Remember one constant fact about Survivor contestants.

They get on the island and a majority of them come down with an inevitable case of the "Survivor Stupids".

geekboy

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-06, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "agree"
...which is why I said "...you would think". That just doesn't seem to happen much. Or, another one is, "I wonder if they'll remember the Survivor when...". That doesn't happen either.

>Issued by "Q" and RollDdice

Charter Member, April 2001; Club Anti-DAW

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-11-06, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S12 Contestant Terry Deitz"
>46 Airline Pilot, Retired Navy Fighter
>Pilot
>
>Terry Deitz was born and raised
>in Matawan, New Jersey, by
>his mother, Peggy and father,
>George. He has three brothers,
>Mickey, Skip and Tommie, and
>one sister, Pegi.
>
>Deitz attended St. Joseph's Grammar School
>in Keyport, New Jersey, where
>he played little league baseball,
>football and basketball. He was
>also an avid swimmer and
>a member of the dive
>team. He then attended St.
>John Vianney High School in
>Holmdel, New Jersey, where he
>earned 11 Varsity letters in
>football (quarterback), baseball (catcher) and
>wrestling. He received All County
>and All Conference awards and
>made All-State Baseball 1st Team.
>In addition, he was Varsity
>Captain for three sports.

I'm not sure its worth much, but he grew up in the neighborhood I currently live in. I know where Keyport, Matawan, Holmdale and St. Joseph's Grammer School is

Aruba 3400 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-06, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: S12 Contestant Terry Deitz"
He grew up in Monmouth County, NJ which is the neighboring county where I grew up and still live (Middlesex County, NJ). I was an all-county wrestler too in HS and played three sports so I read the High School sports section on a daily basis. Consequently I remember Terry Deitz's name since he was a regular on the High School sports pages. He graduated in 1978 and I graduated 1979. Although our towns are close we were in different leagues so I never saw him compete, but read about his athletic prowess.
If the other Survivors don't figure him out quickly, I could definitely see this guy running the table.

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-05-06, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: S12 Contestant Terry Deitz"
I now live near the neighborhood that Terry grew up. The local newspaper (Asbury Park Press) ran a short story about him, today. It didn't give much additional information, but I'll copy the story into this note.

Former SJV star tries to survive Exile Island

Deitz vies for prize on "Survivor"
Posted by the Asbury Park Press on 02/4/06
BY JOE ADELIZZI
STAFF WRITER
Terry Deitz has always known where he was going. What he doesn't know these days is how long he'll remain a Survivor.

He made his debut as one of the contestants on "Survivor: Panama — Exile Island" Thursday night.

Ken Szyarto, the athletic director at St. John Vianney in Holmdel, was watching closely to see how the former Lancer handled the adversity. He has confidence that Deitz will do just fine.

"I'm excited for him," Szyarto said. "We've known about it since December. We announced it to all the kids at school that a former student would be on the show, and they should watch and root for him."

The newest Survivor on CBS pits four groups, broken down by age and gender, against each other with weekly losers being shipped alone to an island to survive.

Deitz, 46, is a member of the St. John Vianney Hall of Fame.

He was a quarterback, a wrestler and the catcher on the Lancers' baseball team for three years. He was the captain for all three sports before he graduated in 1978 and made his way to the Naval Academy, where he played baseball for four years.

"That figured," Szyarto said. "His father (George) was the baseball coach at Matawan for years. Him and his brothers, Mickey, Skip and Tommie used to go to all the games."

His dad passed away in December, Szyarto said, and none of other family members live in the Shore area.

Deitz spent his naval career as a pilot, including a stint as an F-14 flight instructor. He was married in 1992 and has two children. He retired in 2001 and currently works for American Airlines and lives in Simsbury, Conn.

"We're all rooting for him," Szyarto said.

Deitz survived the first show, but CBS does not allow the contestants to speak with the media during the running of the show.

The show airs Thursdays at 8 p.m. on CBS.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •