The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Happy Memorial Day & Pudgie Pies"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-23-03, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Happy Memorial Day & Pudgie Pies"
Here's wishing everyone a SAFE holiday weekend. Don't forget to think of our troops overseas and thank a veteran if you see them. Or heck, just sit and talk to one for awhile. It would probably mean the world to them.

And in honor of the vets and the camping that many of us do, let's make the vets a virtual pudgie pie. For those of you who don't know what a pudgie pie is (people call em all different stuff), they are like a grilled cheese made in a pie iron over a fire, but you fill em with whatever you want. There are dessert ones, pizza ones, reuben's, etc.

I am going to make a a veggie pizza one! Pizza sauce, fresh mushrooms, onions, green peppers, basil, & mozzerella.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Oh mmmm Penelope Le Pew 05-23-03 1
   RE: Oh mmmm weltek 05-23-03 3
       Thanks! Penelope Le Pew 05-23-03 4
 RE: Happy Memorial Day & Pudgie Pie... snoocharoo 05-23-03 2
 Memorial Day Question... IceCat 05-23-03 5
   Thanks, IceCat... weltek 05-23-03 6
       Budgie Pudgie Pie... IceCat 05-23-03 7
           RE: Budgie Pudgie Pie... Schnookie Palookie 05-23-03 8
               Nookie.. weltek 05-23-03 9
               RE: Budgie Pudgie Pie... snoocharoo 05-23-03 12
 RE: Happy Memorial Day & Pudgie Pie... true 05-23-03 10
   RE: Happy Memorial Day & Pudgie Pie... weltek 05-23-03 11
       RE: Happy Memorial Day & Pudgie Pie... true 05-23-03 13
           RE: Happy Memorial Day & Pudgie Pie... snoocharoo 05-23-03 14
               RE: Happy Memorial Day & Pudgie Pie... Drive My Car 05-24-03 22
   RE: Happy Memorial Day & Pudgie Pie... PepeLePew13 05-24-03 21
 If I don't get an answer... IceCat 05-23-03 15
   I am not sure what Weltek's answer ... SurvivaBear 05-23-03 16
       RE: I am not sure what Weltek's ans... L82LIFE 05-23-03 18
   RE: If I don't get an answer... weltek 05-23-03 17
 I found an answer to my question... IceCat 05-24-03 19
   RE: I found an answer to my questio... Drive My Car 05-24-03 23
 RE: Happy Memorial Day & Pudgie Pie... TechNoir 05-24-03 20
   RE: Happy Memorial Day & Pudgie Pie... Drive My Car 05-24-03 24
       Wouldn't a sandwich grill work? IceCat 05-24-03 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Penelope Le Pew 2031 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-23-03, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Penelope%20Le%20Pew Click to send private message to Penelope%20Le%20Pew Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Oh mmmm"
Send me some! for lunch.... but, I would not taste it much due to a stopid colds! well, not SARS ok! (no fever)

05-23-03, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Oh mmmm"
"THE LE PEW'S...CERTIFIED SARS FREE"

Penelope Le Pew 2031 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

Click to EMail Penelope%20Le%20Pew Click to send private message to Penelope%20Le%20Pew Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Thanks!"

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Happy Memorial Day & Pudgie Pies"
I'll be sitting round the camp fire with a refreshing alcoholic beverage in my death clutch just a few short hours from now...In honor of the lovely and talented Weltek I'm going to make a delicious Philly Cheese Steak Pudgie Pie !

"Believe in Yourself"
You too can cause forest fires...

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-03, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Memorial Day Question..."
What are the requirements to be called a veteran?

Is it:

a) a former service person who served in combat;

b) a former service person who served during time of war but not necessarily in a combat role; or

c) any former service person.

The Merriam Websters definition follows:

Main Entry: vet·er·an
Pronunciation: 've-t&-r&n, 've-tr&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin veteranus, from veteranus, adjective, old, of long experience, from veter-, vetus old.
Date: 1509
1 a : an old soldier of long service b : a former member of the armed forces
2 : a person of long experience in some occupation or skill (as politics or the arts)

05-23-03, 09:48 AM (EST)
6. "Thanks, IceCat..."
But you forgot to make a pudgie pie.

-just read that snooch said nice things about me *tries a bite of the pilly pie*

05-23-03, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Budgie Pudgie Pie..."
It's a cat thing...

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-03, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Budgie Pudgie Pie..."
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

*wishes everyone a happy and safe Memorial Day. I wonder if I can make a chocolate cake pudgy pie?*

05-23-03, 10:57 AM (EST)
9. "Nookie.."
*thinks a chocolate, pb, & marshmallow one would be devine*

05-23-03, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Budgie Pudgie Pie..."
I love nookie, hopefully I'll get some this weekend...I love you too Nookie.

"Believe in Yourself"

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-03, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Happy Memorial Day & Pudgie Pies"
What's a pie iron?

Sounds yummy! Have fun!

05-23-03, 11:20 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Happy Memorial Day & Pudgie Pies"
LAST EDITED ON 05-23-03 AT 11:27 AM (EST)

Edited to add: If you buy one, only get the heavy cast iron ones. The other ones suck. Sporting goods stores usually have the nice ones.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-03, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Happy Memorial Day & Pudgie Pies"
Thanks weltek! I must get one of those!

05-23-03, 11:32 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Happy Memorial Day & Pudgie Pies"
You MUST get one true...your kids will love it!

Believe in Yourself"

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-03, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Happy Memorial Day & Pudgie Pies"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

( Oops sorry, just pictured True camping, and am having trouble seeing my post with the tears of laughter running down my face)

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-03, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Happy Memorial Day & Pudgie Pies"
>What's a pie iron?

I'm not sure but you can always try using this, a la Benny and Joon.

A pudgie pie sounds fascinating! Grilled cheese is one of my all time favourite foods and the idea to add stuff into it sounds delicious... I think I'll go make a frying pan version of a pudgie pie later on!

Heidi: My biggest assets to the tribe are my athletic skills and my intelligence. I've lost one of them.
Jiffy: Which one?

05-23-03, 04:10 PM (EST)
15. "If I don't get an answer..."
... to my question...

I will not share my Budgie Pudgie Pie!

<Note: The above sounds best if you imitate Cartman when you say it!>

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-23-03, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "I am not sure what Weltek's answer might be,"
but I consider myself a vet for putting 7.5 years in the USAF. I served during Desert Storm, but never saw any actual combat. However, I do not draw a distinction between these various groups. We all had a job to do and IMHO were all ready to sacrifice for the great people of the USA!

Beware the Bear! An IceCat Original, ©

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-03, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: I am not sure what Weltek's answer might be,"
Here, here, SurvivaBear!

Our local Military cemetary has a beautiful service that they do every year for Memorial and Veteran's Day. They have fly-overs and the entire cemetary is full of flags flying high along every roadway (many donated from the families of deceased veterans, including my own Father's flag). Every soldier's grave is marked with a flag on it, regardless of whether they served during a war or not. It's a very moving tribute.

I hope everybody has a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. Be safe, and please remember to take a moment to remember those that have served our Country.

05-23-03, 04:34 PM (EST)
17. "RE: If I don't get an answer..."
*says "NO KITTY!" in best Cartman voice"
ANSWER:
I say for Memorial Day, it's really for those who died in combat and Veteran's Day is for any military member who served in combat, but I think on any military day we should remember all members of the services serving at any time....So really, for me, these are all "Military Appreciation Day"'s. I believe a Veteran, unless otherwise specified, is anyone who served.period.

05-24-03, 09:38 AM (EST)
19. "I found an answer to my question..."

What Is A Veteran?

by Marine Corp chaplain,
Father Denis Edward O'Brian

Some veterans bear visible signs of their service: a missing limb, a jagged scar, a certain look in the eye. Others may carry the evidence inside them, a pin holding a bone together, a piece of shrapnel in the leg - or perhaps another sort of inner steel: the soul's ally forged in the refinery of adversity.

Except in parades, however, the men and women who have kept America safe wear no badge or emblem. You can't tell a vet just by looking. What is a vet?

A vet is the cop on the beat who spent six months in Saudi Arabia sweating two gallons a day making sure the armored personnel carriers didn't run out of fuel.

A vet is the barroom loudmouth, dumber than five wooden planks, whose overgrown frat-boy behavior is outweighed a hundred times in the cosmic scales by four hours of exquisite bravery near the 38th Parallel.

A vet is the nurse who fought against futility and went to sleep sobbing every night for two solid years in Da Nang.

A vet is the POW who went away one person and came back another - or didn't come back at all.

A vet is the drill instructor who has never seen combat - but has saved countless lives by turning slouchy, no-account punks and gang members into marines, airmen, sailors, soldiers and coast guardsmen, and teaching them to watch each other's backs.

A vet is the parade-riding Legionnaire who pins on his ribbons and medals with a prosthetic hand.

A vet is the career quartermaster who watches the ribbons and medals pass him by.

A vet is the three anonymous heroes in The Tomb Of The Unknowns, whose presence at the Arlington National Cemetery must forever preserve the memory of all the anonymous heroes whose valor dies unrecognized with them on the battlefield or in the ocean's sunless deep.

A vet is the old guy bagging groceries at the supermarket - palsied now and aggravatingly slow - who helped liberate a Nazi death camp and who wishes all day long that his wife were still alive to hold him when the nightmares come.

A vet is an ordinary and yet extraordinary human being, a person who offered some of his life's most vital years in the service of his country, and who sacrificed his ambitions so others would not have to sacrifice theirs.

A vet is a soldier and a savior and a sword against the darkness, and he is nothing more that the finest, greatest testimony on behalf of the finest, greatest nation ever known.

So remember, each time you see someone who has served our country, just lean over and say, "Thank You." That's all most people need, and in most cases it will mean more than any medals they could have been awarded or were awarded.

Again, two little words that mean a lot to any Veteran -- "THANK YOU."

05-24-03, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: I found an answer to my question..."

Thanks for sharing this IceCat, beautiful.

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-03, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Happy Memorial Day & Pudgie Pies"
In what part of the world is the pudgie pie found? (I have never heard of this but it sounds like I want to.)

05-24-03, 10:39 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Happy Memorial Day & Pudgie Pies"
I don't know about pudgie pie either. I am unclear about the crust. Is it just plain bread? Is butter involved? I have a sandwich plate for my waffle iron, will this get the same results?

05-24-03, 11:12 AM (EST)
25. "Wouldn't a sandwich grill work?"

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •