The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Jury"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-09-05, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Jury"
Lots of smiles on the faces of the jury last night, especially on Judd. He seemed almost giddy at the sight of Steph with immunity, and with Cindy getting booted. Maybe he doesn't realize that Cindy was the only one who didn't screw him over? His reactions just seemed so odd, espcially with his post boot interview comments about Steph. Will Cindy set him straight in time?

I think most of us are comfortable with the final 2 pair of Danni and Steph. We know Rafe has F4 immunity, so Lydia goes next. The editing has really set up Rafe to get screwed over by Danni, so she must dump him to take Steph to the end. How will this impact the jury votes?

If, as Cindy claims, it was clear that Rafe was in charge, and therefore responsible for all the backstab boots, I doubt anyone but Rafe would be upset with Danni for cutting him lose at F3. Does the jury hold Steph responsible, as we've been led to believe?

Bobby Jon- While he was shown complaining about Steph often, I think he does have some loyalty to her, but not enough for him to give her a vote over Danni. BJ votes Danni.

Jamie- Will Jamie forgive Steph and vote for her, or will he vote for Danni, who never did him wrong? I think he holds a grudge. Jamie votes Danni.

Gary- No contest, he will vote for Danni.

Judd- If he thinks Steph was the loyal one, he may vote for her, if Cindy sets him straight, he votes for Danni. I'm guessing that he holds a grudge, and votes Danni.

Cindy- So, now she says that Rafe was in charge. Will she be upset that Steph didn't fight harder for her to stay? Will she be mad that Danni didn't take her up on her all girls idea? I have no idea. Cindy = wildcard.

Lydia- I think Lydia is being controlled by Rafe, and I think she may vote how he votes. She's been shown in conflict with Steph in the past, will she get over being starstruck and vote for Danni? Lydia = wildcard.

Rafe- Poor Rafe, should have played the game harder. His vote depends on who screws him in the end, and it's been set up for a long time that it will be Danni. Rafe votes Steph.

I'm curious to hear how y'all think it will play out.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Jury skeetergirl87 12-09-05 1
 RE: The Jury Brownroach 12-09-05 2
   RE: The Jury true 12-09-05 3
       RE: The Jury Brownroach 12-09-05 4
           RE: The Jury true 12-09-05 9
               RE: The Jury Brownroach 12-09-05 12
 I think Judd was "giddy" bebekid 12-09-05 5
 RE: The Jury emydi 12-09-05 6
   RE: The Jury michel 12-09-05 7
       RE: The Jury Brownroach 12-09-05 13
   RE: The Jury Flowerpower 12-09-05 8
       Rafe, Mistake free? michel 12-09-05 10
           RE: Rafe, Mistake free? tikigirlie 12-09-05 11
               RE: Rafe, Mistake free? PepeLePew13 12-10-05 20
           RE: Rafe, Mistake free? Brownroach 12-09-05 16
               RE: Rafe, Mistake free? Outfrontgirl 12-09-05 17
               RE: Rafe, Mistake free? NineTen 12-09-05 18
   RE: The Jury Created4LIfe 12-09-05 14
 RE: The Jury samboohoo 12-09-05 15
   RE: The Jury ADKer 12-10-05 19
 RE: The Jury Bebo 12-10-05 21
   RE: The Jury samboohoo 12-11-05 25
 RE: The Jury applejack93 12-11-05 22
 RE: The Jury dabo 12-11-05 23
 RE: The Jury Surviette 12-11-05 24
 RE: The Jury Outfrontgirl 12-11-05 26
   RE: The Jury Flowerpower 12-11-05 27
 Question strid333 12-11-05 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

skeetergirl87 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-09-05, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail skeetergirl87 Click to send private message to skeetergirl87 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Jury"
I think Judd is so giddy because he really wants Steph in the final two so he can take his only revenge on her for betraying him - calling her out in his Q&A session. I'll bet he starting rehearsing his speech the moment he got out of TC and will probably be frothing at the mouth by the time he's done. Can't wait!!

I agree with you on all other points. This might be the first survivor where the person I actually want to win does!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Jury"
It's clear from what Stephenie said at Tribal Council last week and her conversation with Rafe last night that she knows she is going to have some explaining to do to the jury. That's a good thing on her part.

Can she handle their questions without seeming defensive and b!tchy? That is the question. I think the "starstruck" jurors would like to award the prize to Stephenie. It probably will seem to them like she's done more in the game to get to F2 than Danni did -- Steph was in a power position all along, whereas Danni had to make an 11th hour surge.

I think Rafe will definitely vote for Stephenie after his F2 conversation with Danni (assuming the spoiler is true that Danni votes Rafe out at F3; it probably is since they stuck that conversation in there). Everyone else is up-in-the-air to me right now.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

12-09-05, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Jury"
The only I thing I see differently, is your perception of Danni. Steph has had an easy majority since the switch, so all she did was get lucky, IMO. Danni, like Steph, worked after the switch to get the majority in her tribe, by getting Gary to side with her and BJ, instead of Amy or Brian.

After the merge, she managed to remain loyal to her original tribe without putting a target on her own back. She knew when to make her move, and she waited til the perfect time to make it. While she could have been easily pagonged, she's been smart by letting the other players shoot themselves in the foot. She won immunity when she needed it most, and she was instrumental in getting Judd booted last week, and Jamie before that. She has also convinced Rafe and Steph to trust her over their own alliance members. Steph took Danni's word that Judd was turning on her. She didn't even ASK Judd for his side of the story. she trusted Danni THAT much.

If Danni can convince Steph and Rafe to cut Lydia next, over her, then she will have played the perfect game. She knows better than to go after challenge threat, Steph, because she knows that crossing Steph is a sure ticket to the jury. (see Jamie and Judd) Backstabbing Rafe may be her only blemish, and I don't even know if that will hurt her much with the jury if Rafe is percieved as the one in charge, as Cindy claims.

If Danni wins, IMO, she will be one of the smartest players ever.

12-09-05, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Jury"
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-05 AT 12:51 PM (EST)

It's how I think the jury may perceive Danni going into the Final TC. They don't really know what she's been doing. All they know is that Steph seems to be turning on her alliance mates (although Cindy gave them a little hint last night that Rafe might be partially responsible for that too).

If Danni explains her game exactly the way you did up above I think she will get the jury's respect. ETA: But whether that will translate into enough jury votes remains to be seen. I don't think the majority of this jury is going to vote primarily based on good gameplay.

12-09-05, 02:18 PM (EST)
9. "RE: The Jury"
You're right about that. Typically, the jury doesn't vote on good gameplay at all. In fact, they could ALL resent Danni for taking THEIR rightful place at the end. *gag*

I've just seen several comments about how Danni has done nothing to deserve to win, and I totally disagree. I think she's played a brilliant game, whether the jury sees it or not.

12-09-05, 02:33 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The Jury"
I think she's played brilliantly too.

Ironically, out of all of them Rafe should be the one to appreciate that and vote accordingly, but I don't think he's going to, especially having only one day in between to think about it.

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-09-05, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "I think Judd was "giddy""
because I think he took Cindy's comment as a slam on the other four. That's how I saw it. Like she was getting in a parting shot at the other four. And Judd liked that, of course.

I don't think he was happy to see Cindy booted, necessarily. I think he was happy to have more flame addded to his Steph fire.

That's just the way I saw it.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Jury"
After last nite's talk btw Steph and Cindy, I see this as a closer F2 race but Danni still wins

BJ Jamie Gary Judd--vote Danni

Cindy Lydia Rafe--vote Steph

BJ--puke comment, I don't think he'll give her the $ and he felt close to Danni at nuYaxha

Jamie and Judd-grudges

Gary-likes Danni and she did what he wanted to do and he will reward her for it

Cindy--Steph told her about it and we didn't see the last vote, but she is straightforward and will vote Steph

Lydia--she will continue to vote as Steph wants her too

Rafe--Danni will knife him in the back...why else was that comment shown...and he will vote for Steph

Handcrafted by RollDdice
NFL Playoff Places Poll in OT Sports Come join!

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Jury"
Emydi, I think you've got it with the possible exception of Jamie. He has had a long time to cool off. He probably knew he wasn't going to win since he stated his goal was Final 8 and he wanted to be blindsided. He stated clearly that the other tribe was the ennemy and he never had a connection with Danni. It isn't a sure thing but he could vote Stephenie.

12-09-05, 02:44 PM (EST)
13. "RE: The Jury"
Typically (or often, anyway) there is a juror who does exactly the opposite of what you'd think they'd do based on what is shown in the game and what they say in their post-boot interviews. Judd and Jamie have both made too much anti-Stephenie noise in their interviews. I think at least one of them voted for her, if not both of them.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Jury"
Rafe--Danni will knife him in the back...why else was that comment shown...and he will vote for Steph

Okay here, I'm not so convinced that Rafe will vote Steph because we saw last night that he had a final 2 promise with Danni. We all know that alliances revealed don't succeed. This was shown to us last night as it will not succeed. But, we have NOT been shown if Steph and Rafe have a F2 pact as well. This has never been shown. I'm betting that Rafe has an F2 pact with Steph as well, so how could he really hold it against Danni if/when she breaks their pact, as he inevitably would be breaking a promise too(if he indeed had one with Steph as well). I think he just might respect Danni more, for outwitting him in the end and thus, exposing that he did NOT have a "mistake free" game, and that ultimately that "one" mistake, cost him the game...

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Rafe, Mistake free?"
That Rafe has played mistake free is CBS hype. Booting Cindy instead of Danni, just because he didn't get a car, was a big mistake. That was all Rafe's doing. It just might help Steph who now has one voice on the jury to let Judd and Jamie know who really was behind their boot.

tikigirlie 112 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tikigirlie Click to send private message to tikigirlie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rafe, Mistake free?"
what's really interesting is that rafe only promised danni to F3, whereas danni promises rafe to F2.

rafe clearly says, "my promise to you is final 3 and i'm not going back on that."

danni says, "even if i knew i wasn't going to win against you, i'd still take you to the final 2, if i somehow win immunity."

interesting. maybe he wouldn't be upset at danni for not taking him to F2, because he knew he would've taken steph as well. maybe he respects her gameplay on that one.

danni says during her cindy vote that she gave her word to rafe that she wouldn't vote him out that night and that she feels like she's the only one left in the game who hadn't gone back on her word yet (except for the blake deal).

uh oh.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-05, 08:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Rafe, Mistake free?"
>what's really interesting is that rafe
>only promised danni to F3,
>whereas danni promises rafe to F2.
>
>rafe clearly says, "my promise to
>you is final 3 and
>i'm not going back on that."
>
>danni says, "even if i knew
>i wasn't going to win
>against you, i'd still take
>you to the final 2,
>if i somehow win immunity."
>
>interesting. maybe he wouldn't be upset
>at danni for not taking
>him to F2, because he
>knew he would've taken steph
>as well. maybe he respects
>her gameplay on that one.

Don't forget that Rafe knew he couldn't trust Judd and Jamie when Jamie told him that they'd have a F3 alliance *because* a F3 promise just means they'll cut him loose in third place.

So now that he's promised Danni a F3 alliance, he's got to know that Danni might pick up on exactly the same thing that he did back then ... he'll respect her for that and not hold it against her.

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

12-09-05, 03:14 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Rafe, Mistake free?"
Pulling Danni into his plans, or letting her insinuate herself into them, was a mistake to begin with. He didn't need her for anything. I don't understand that at all.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Rafe, Mistake free?"
>Pulling Danni into his plans, or
>letting her insinuate herself into
>them, was a mistake to
>begin with. He
>didn't need her for anything.
> I don't understand that
>at all.

I think he needed someone honest, someone he considered a person of faith who takes a promise seriously. He said last night that Cindy was never dependable. Lydia's vote was always for sale. The others, no trust. Gary and Danni bonded over religion. Gary recommended Danni. I think that the editing has played down religious faith as a bond this season, but I have a feeling that's what's bringing Rafe and Danni together.

NineTen 986 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-09-05, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NineTen Click to send private message to NineTen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Rafe, Mistake free?"
I agree that was unnecessary, but I think Rafe was getting afraid of Cindy's capabilities. He saw that the only way Danni won anything is when it was practically handed to her (the clue), but Cindy was his toughest competitor and he had to get rid of her, he's thinking a couple of moves ahead.

Created4LIfe 59 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-09-05, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Created4LIfe Click to send private message to Created4LIfe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Jury"

>Lydia--she will continue to vote as
>Steph wants her too

I believe Lydia hates Stephanie and does not want her to win anything. Lydia votes Danni.

Created4Life

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The Jury"
"Lots of smiles on the faces of the jury last night, especially on Judd. He seemed almost giddy at the sight of Steph with immunity, and with Cindy getting booted. Maybe he doesn't realize that Cindy was the only one who didn't screw him over? His reactions just seemed so odd, espcially with his post boot interview comments about Steph. Will Cindy set him straight in time?"

I'm not quite sure about this. I think Judd is very, very bitter toward Steph. Maybe he felt this way at the beginning of the TC, but by the end - especially his reaction to what Cindy said - leads me to believe that he is not a Steph fan.

Interestingly, Jeff said from the beginning that Steph and Bobby Jon could be assets to the tribes because they've been here before and they both know how to play the game. And he also made a comment at one of the first "jury TCs" about how you put people on the jury.

Steph said in a confessional last night that she was so excited about the final four because she never expected to make it through the first tribal council or something to that effect.

IMO, Steph really didn't know what to do when she survived that first TC, and she has made mistake after mistake in getting to what I believe will be the Final 2. And I believe it will be a Danni/Steph Final 2.

Bobby Jon votes Danni over Steph

Jamie votes Danni over Steph. Yes, he admitted that the blindside was a good move, but I still don't think he respects Steph, especially after his reaction to Gary's starstruck comment and after seeing Steph's role in how the other jury members make it to the jury.

Judd votes Danni over Steph, especially after last night.

Gary votes Danni over Steph.

Cindy: Could be wildcard. I would probably lean more toward a Danni vote than a Steph vote. She was out of the loop on the Judd vote. Steph told her last night that nothing had been promised to Danni, yet Cindy still got the vote. If Steph knew that Rafe, Danni and Lydia were all voting Cindy, she could have scored more points throwing a vote at Lydia (thereby putting the Cindy boot more on Rafe's hands) than by drawing a "sad" face on her vote card.

Lydia: Votes Danni. Poor Lydia still has resentment toward Steph over how much Steph ate. And Steph getting to go on Cindy's reward probably fueled that fire a little more last night. At this point in the game, there is no need for Lydia to be a "follower" or to be pursuaded by anything other than what Danni and Steph say at the Final TC.

Rafe: Could be wildcard. I really don't know, and I really don't think his vote matters. I have some thoughts, but I can't seem to get them organized enough to include them. And I really don't think his vote matters anyway.

Icey bounced my Dicey

ADKer 143 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-05, 06:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ADKer Click to send private message to ADKer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The Jury"
I agree with your comments about Steph to the extent that Steph was so preoccupied with staying in the game that she did not think too much about the consequences - and whether it would cost her the jury vote. I think that this is very forgivable though and actually practical and necessary. First priority is staying in the game. It is very possible that I am missing something but I just don't see an easy win for Danni. Danni has played as well as she can but if she makes it to the final 2 a large part of that is attributable to luck, whereas Steph was never on the chopping block. If Steph is unapologetic to the jury, I think she wins. The only sure Danni vote is Gary. Judd is the second most likely Danni vote, but I remember Helen voting for Brian in Thailand and Christy voting for Jenna - Judd is angry with Steph but still played the game with Steph. Judd doesn't even like Danni. I believe that Steph will receive votes from Rafe, Lydia, Cindy because they played the game with her. BJ has more of a bond with Steph than Danni but is not a certain Steph vote. Steph may get Jaime's vote and is a little less likely to receive Judd's vote. I believe that Steph wins and any editing to the contrary is just misdirection.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-05, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: The Jury"
There have been a number of interesting theories presented (the one that almost made me change my mind was Brownroach's surprise vote reminder), but I'm still leaning toward a Danni win 4-3, based on too many key quotes from the players.

Danni gets Bobby Jon, Gary, Judd, and Jaime's votes.
Steph gets Rafe, Lydia, and Cindy.

Rafe - He's been playing the game "nice" and wonders if he should start to get tougher. Realizing right before the final TC that someone he trusted was lying to him might just toughen him up enough to vote against Danni. He and Steph are tight too - Steph's comment in last episode's confessional about the car being the first thing they've disagreed about reminded us that there's a strong bond there.

Lydia - She has no loyalty to Danni whatsoever. While Steph has irritated her at different points in the game, they've been in it together since the beginning. Lydia is our Jan of this season, and like Jan, she'll stay loyal.

Cindy - Another one with no loyalty to Danni. And yes, Steph voted against her after Cindy took her on a reward, but Steph was very supportive of Cindy's decision to keep the car.

Bobby Jon - Loyalty is important to him, and he got that from Danni. While he admires Steph as a player, his main efforts were to try and get her out of the game, not ally with her.

Gary - Too tight with Danni to vote any other way. Part of me also thinks he and BJ would get some pride that someone out of their tribe was able to overcome the odds and win at the end - at least someone from "their team" won.

Judd - He's told us he's a bad liar, and he's blown up so much about Steph in post-show interviews that I think he's still holding a grudge. Danni voting against him was absolutely, completely understandable since she was trying to save her own hide, but to be betrayed that early by his F2 partner? Nah. He's not over it.

Jaime - Key quote, people, along the lines of the Mark Burnett "black widow" quote in S2. In S2, Jerri got the ultimate revenge on Colby by being the 4th and deciding vote for Tina. We had a quote from ep 1 on Jaime wanting to take out Steph. We were all interpreting that to mean that he would be trying to orchestrate her departure from the game. Was his quote the hint that he would be the one who decides Steph's fate at the end of the game, when he votes against her in a 4-3 vote? I'm going to say yes. Jaime gets to make the key play in the game and hand the million dollars to someone other than Stephanie.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-05, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: The Jury"
I have been thinking about Jaime's Ep. 1 quote today myself, Bebo. I think he said something like, "How am I supposed to win the million with her here." And I agree with your analysis of it.

Also, back when Brandon was voted out, Bobby Jon planted the seed in Jaime's and Judd's head about "Steph" running the show. Being on the jury, Jaime was not able to see everything that happened at camp, and heck, even if he had been there, he still might not have "seen" it. So based on what he's seen at TCs, I think he feels like Steph is responsible for his and Judd's boot, therefore he votes against her.

TJ made mention somewhere about Rafe really running the show, but these boneheads are going to see it as Steph running the show.

Also about Mr. Nice Guy Rafe. I wonder if there is some misdirection in his editing and perhaps maybe he ultimately votes for Danni because she does "look out for herself" and cut him at the final 3. He and Danni criticized Cindy for looking out for herself until Steph pointed out that she would have done the same thing. I wonder if this has an impact on his decision.

Icey bounced my Dicey

applejack93 288 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-11-05, 00:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail applejack93 Click to send private message to applejack93 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: The Jury"
Going on the general consensus of a Steph/Danni f2 (however I do think danni/lydia is possible) - I can give you a logical breakdown of how I think the vote SHOULD go.

My thoughts are drawn back to Jeff and Cindy's comments about lies - "everyone's going to be lying in the end". So far, the only person NOT to be dishonest (as far as we have REMEMBERED) is Danni. Rafe lied to Jamie, Steph lied to Judd, Lydia dodged the truth (in her ep. 12 convo with Judd). If Danni LIED to get into the f2 (as TDT suggests) - it would be very apt that her one and only lie gave her the opportunity for a win. I think the jury should respect that - she lied when it was absolutely necessary because she could NOT beat Judd in f2.

If, as Cindy has pointed out, Rafe really IS the mastermind then Steph would have a hard time justifying why she should win over Danni - who has beaten the numbers game to come out on top. Steph can either:

- admit with Cindy that Rafe IS calling the shots, and thus renegade herself to the dreaded position of 'coat-tail rider'
- or she can take credit for rafe's work and be seen as a backstabber. Either way - she SHOULD lose jury votes.

However, I think the jury is star-struck enough to vote for Steph based on last season, and thus miss Danni's AMAZING game play that has gotten her to the f2 from a much worse position than Steph. I think the jury vote will be based on the Jury's perceptions rather than the merits of either steph or danni's gameplay.

Here is a breakdownof what i think will happen:
BJ: votes Danni, he has to appreciate what Danni has done.
Jamie: votes Steph OR Danni - if he can get his head out of his a$$ he might see the light.
Gary: votes Danni. No contest. He is clear-thinking.
Judd: votes Danni. I don't think he will see past the loss of steph's friendship.
Cindy: votes Steph. She obviously wasn't close to Danni - but danni is as much to blame for her ouster as Steph.
Lydia: votes steph OR Danni - I think Lydia is no longer star struck, but I think Lydia might confuse Steph's game for intelligent gamesmanship - backstabbing is NOT intelligent unless it saves you from the boot.
Rafe: could go either way. He will either be VERY emotional or VERY emotionless. I think as a survivor fan he will appreciate Danni's game. Truly I think he is split down the middle. He DID call the shots, so if anyone knows about how easy it is to manipulate steph, he will.

Ultimately the deciding votes are Lydia, Rafe and Jamie. They can either award it to steph or award it to danni.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-05, 02:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: The Jury"
I'm kinda hoping Stephenie becomes the first to lose by unanimous vote of the jury. Unlikely, perhaps, but I think it could play out.

Bobby Jon: A teammate of Danni his entire time in this game, he seems to have no reason to resent her. He may swing to Steph out of gratitude for having gotten to the jury, but after so many laughable TCs viewed from the jury box that seems unlikely.

Jamie: Big knife in back courtesy of Steph, almost certainly a Danni vote.

Gary: Early Steph tribemate, his chances of rejoining the dominant alliance at the merge went nowhere. Danni, on the other hand, had his back the entire time they were allied in the game.

Judd: Big knife in his back courtesy of scumbag Steph, nuff sed man.

Cindy: Steph, I took you for a ride in my new car, we grilled up enough meat to feed the entire fricken film crew and Jiffie, why am I not in the F4?

Lydia: Steph got to eat so much, always got to eat, did Lydia ever get to eat, NO!, but Steph always got to sit at the good chow table, not that it helped anyone who took her along to feed.

Rafe: Who played smart and who didn't; who listened to Rafe to get to F2, who didn't have Rafe backing her up to get to F2. Would Steph have gotten to F2 or even F4 without Rafe. Danni may have played Rafe even bigger than Steph played Rafe. WTG, Danni!

Surviette 124 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-05, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Surviette Click to send private message to Surviette Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: The Jury"
Jamie says he likes his girls "pretty and crazy". I think Jamie might surprise us and vote for Steph.

I think Lydia's vote might be pivotal. When she was shopping her vote, it seemed so pathetic that I thought someone must eventually really need Lydia's vote.

Not that it matters, but on Survivor Live, Jenna said they'll be broadcasting from Kansas on Tuesday. Oops!

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-05, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: The Jury"
Great thread ... so many good posts ... stoopid juries, they always always surprise me.

I've been thinking of past juries and what might be somewhat comparable, nothing exact of course.

Danni's position reminds me most of Vee's, as the minority tribe member who squeaked through. Vee only had one person who admired her game (Sean), and she garnered three votes AGAINST Neleh from the bitter Rotu.

Danni has done more to be appreciated than Vee, but I gather from Cindy interviews that she thinks the "immunity envelope" was a piece of luck. Well no, stupid people to let her buy immunity! Danni will have to make her case well to be seen as a fierce player rather than a UTR player who slipped by. Also, Steph will be more together than Neleh in appreciating why jurors are angry.

One could also compare Danni's position to Chris, except that Chris backstabbed both Eliza and Julie on the way to the end. Danni probably backstabs Rafe and that's it. Chris was lucky in that Julie forgave him and Eliza's dislike for Twila exceeded her anger at Chris. Danni really never got to ally with anyone in the endgame but Rafe.

Like Chris, Danni has two allies who were picked off and if not for them she wouldn't have made it through. Both those allies are "gameplay" voters, Gary and BJ. The question is how they define gameplay. They ought to be able to appreciate that she worked her way out of a tough corner. There's also the unique situation where BobbyJon shares Steph's position as a returnee, so who knows how that might factor in.

Other than with the old Yaxha, Danni will need anti-Steph votes, at least two of them, and she won't get Cindy based on Cindy's interviews. I think Lydia has a lot of loyalty to Steph and could be annoyed with Danni for sneaking up the ladder and helping to vote her out when Steph may try to keep Lydia at F4.

That means Danni needs both Jamie and Judd. What a bummer to be relying on Dumb and Dimmer for a million bucks! Good luck, Danni!

Side note: I'm not positive of where Rafe will put his vote. I think he will vote on gameplay. He knows better than anyone that Steph wasn't making smart decisions for Steph and that she was manipulated. Danni, OTOH, played smart. So it's possible he could award her on the basis of the 3 O's, depends on how much his emotions come into play. Rafe's friends say he gets extremely angry when he feels betrayed, but he gets over it. IF Danni betrays a promise he only has one day to get over it.

OTOH, Danni may win immunity because she and Steph are dying out there in the sun and they have to cut a deal. The F3 immunity is one where Rafe should understand that if he can't win it himself, he can't expect that he has a Colby to bring him into the F2.

I'll be most interested to see how Rafe bases his vote. As a dedicated Survivor player, he's going to want to make the "right" choice for posterity.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-05, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: The Jury"
OTOH, Danni may win immunity because she and Steph are dying out there in the sun and they have to cut a deal.

This is just what I think will happen, OFG. I think Danni and Steph will have been out there for hours and they decide to cut a deal. The winner will take the one who steps off to let them be a winner to the F2 with them. With this deal, Danni can plead, the game had changed and I couldn't take the challenge anymore, and with that offer, I had to do it. Rafe could understand this, and it would soften the blow regarding his F2 pact with Danni. I do indeed think Rafe could very well end up voting Danni in the end...

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-11-05, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "Question"
Have they ever shown what it is like in the jury house on the DVD's? They have in Big Brother and it is clear that the jury does communicate with each other. I'm asking this because what would prevent Cindy from saying to Judd that she voted with him and that it was Stephenie that turned against him? If Cindy tells, I'm certain that Judd would vote against Steph. In a close vote, this one detail of jury life could make 1st or 2nd very easily.

Three is the perfect number.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •