The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Not to insult the animals or anything, but............"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-01-01, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Not to insult the animals or anything, but............"
O.K. So the only requirement is to have fun? Let's see if this is fun:
Below are two columns. One is of the sixteen new survivors, and the other is a list of common animals found in Africa. Your mission (should you coose to accept it)is to match the name of the survivor to the animal he or she is most like. You can separate the animals into prey/predator, or go based on looks, personality, or any other way you want to play. Oh, and don't forget to bash, bash, bash.

Here's a beer to get you going:

blue balled monkey
wart hog
elephant
rhino
hippo
vulture
ostrich
buffalo
giraffe
zebra
lion
jackal
gazelle
hyena
baboon
tiger

Brandon
Carl
Clarence
Diane
Ethan
Franklin
Jessie
Kelly
Kim
Kimberly
Lex
Linda
Lindsey
Silas
Teresa
Tom

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Not to insult the animals or an... NightScribe 10-01-01 1
   RE: Not to insult the animals or an... desert_rhino 10-09-01 10
   RE: Not to insult the animals or an... ivoryElephant 12-03-01 18
 RE: Not to insult the animals or an... Drive My Car 10-01-01 2
   RE: Not to insult the animals or an... NightScribe 10-02-01 4
   RE: Not to insult the animals or an... Lightmage81 10-09-01 8
   We? VampKira 10-09-01 9
 RE: Not to insult the animals or an... Dalton 10-01-01 3
   RE: Not to insult the animals or an... Dakota 10-02-01 5
       RE: Not to insult the animals or an... NightScribe 10-08-01 6
           RE: Not to insult the animals or an... Dalton 10-08-01 7
               Let's try this again NightScribe 12-02-01 11
 Poor nightscribe. . . George Tirebiter 12-02-01 12
 RE: Not to insult the animals or an... PepeLePew13 12-03-01 13
 RE: Not to insult the animals or an... shanana banana 12-03-01 14
   RE: Not to insult the animals or an... George Tirebiter 12-03-01 15
 RE: Not to insult the animals or an... I_AM_HE 12-03-01 16
   Uh Oh MakeItStop 12-03-01 17
       RE: Uh Oh I_AM_HE 12-03-01 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

10-01-01, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Not to insult the animals or anything, but............"
LAST EDITED ON 10-01-01 AT 06:14 PM (EST)

Here are my picks:
blue balled monkey: Frank becausse he looks like a monkey and smells like one to.
wart hog: Carl because, well, look at him.
elephant: Tom because just as elephants reign supreme in Africa, so will Tom.
rhino: Clarence (insert something witty later)
hippo: Jesse because can you imagine how she'd react if someone called her a hippo!
vulture: Diane -- she looks like she is capable of picking at dead remains, doesn't she?
ostrich: Theresa because, well, look at her.
Buffalo: Linda because like the buffalo are a rare breed, so too are cancer survivors.
Giraffe: Ethan because of similar culinary tastes
Zebra: Kelly because lion's feed on zebras for dessert, which brings me to
lion: Mama Kim will be the regal lioness who will provide for her brood and protect the young. She is queen of the jungle and shall be treated accordingly.
jackal: Brandon. Boy, this was the easiest to pick. He'll be full of games and deceit, but he won't escape the larger animals.
gazelle: Silas because hell, the guy brought a pillow as his LI, and gazelles are some of the lovliest and most aromatic appetizers for the larger animals in Africa.
hyena: lil kim. Even the nick name annoys me, so I assume she's just unbearable in her jubilation of life.
baboon: Lindsay. I think we all know why.
tiger: Lex, although the tiger has a better tatoo artist.

p.s. we should have some sort of bonus for whoever picks the perfect African animal to match MB and Jiffy.

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-09-01, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Not to insult the animals or anything, but............"
(oh, right, the computer crashed in the middle of my LAST reply to this thread...)

I just have to say... CLARENCE? A rhino?

I don't think you've thought about the implications of that connection. I mean... come on... that guy doesn't even LOOK like a rhino... and camouflage paint?!?!? Is this "stalk and kill the other contestants in the middle of the night?" I don't THINK so...

-- JV

Look out for the Camo-Rhino!

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

12-03-01, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Not to insult the animals or anything, but............"
blueballed Monkey:Lex

wart hog: Kelly, all sorority girls have warts on the inside
Elephant:Kim Johnson, elephants live in a Matriarchal society and Kim is the female leader
rhino: Clarence, both like to stamp out fire. Clarence stamped his fire/torch by letting Tbird win immunity
hippo:Lindsey, the hippo in her intro just looks like her
vulture: Lex, he is watching as he picks and chooses his kill/boot victim
ostrich: Silas, had his head in the sand from day 1
Buffalo: Carl
Giraffe: Jessie, both have nice necks
Zebra: Frank, zebras are black and white, and Frank see the world as Black and white/yes and no/ no middle ground
lion: Ethan, both have lots of Pride (pun intended)
jackal: Brandon
gazelle:Kim Powers, she is graceful as a Gazelle
hyena: Lindsey, both make annoying noises
baboon: Tom, both are easily upset and act pervishly
tigeriane, No tigers in africa and Diane didn't belong in Africa.

"What a twisted web we weave when at first we practice to deceive"

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-01, 08:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Not to insult the animals or anything, but............"
>>tiger: Lex, although the tiger has a better tatoo artist

Like this???

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID6/1099.shtml

This was a topic awhile back on OT that we had some fun with.

Oh and Scribe, I love this idea, I just want to get a better look at the Survivors before I pick their animals, I'll be back, I like this topic.

EBug

10-02-01, 02:57 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Not to insult the animals or anything, but............"
Once upon a time there was a man who had done too many drugs in the sixties. His guru had told him to tap into his inner animal, and then gave him a new, experimental, drug called "tiger's spots". The man would never be the same.

and after seeing that picture, neither will I.

Lightmage81 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-09-01, 00:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lightmage81 Click to send private message to Lightmage81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Not to insult the animals or anything, but............"
OMG!!@!#

VampKira 4433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-09-01, 04:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VampKira Click to send private message to VampKira Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "We?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-09-01 AT 04:12 AM (EST)

>>This was a topic awhile back on OT that we had some fun with.<<

We? WE???? I seem to remember a certain BUG intentionally grossing out a certain VAMPIRE by enlarging and posting that very pic...ACK! We, indeed!! LOL

NightScribe.. I too think this is a great idea! I have a feeling after the first Ep, I'll be able to come back here and match my picks up. LOL! It will be interesting to see if they change as each episode airs..

"Oops...." Michael - Love Cruise

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-01-01, 10:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Not to insult the animals or anything, but............"
LAST EDITED ON 10-01-01 AT 10:52 PM (EST)

NS....this is a great idea and a fun project.

I have written your list of 16 animals down in my notebook and I will work on mixing and matching....but it will take some time.

I'm WAAAAY far behind in my S3 participation!!! And it's all that friggin CLOWN'S fault!!! And FUX!! Dang stupid network putting Love Cruise on twice a week NOW instead of last summer!!

Yeah, I hate to admit it but I'm one of those members of the WLSFC!!! Anyway, I'm blaming Shakes --- hehe; and hoping by the time he gets his pointy head over here this will be on p.4 and he will never read it.

Dalton

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-01, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Not to insult the animals or anything, but............"
As the resident vegetarian, I was happy to see that you recognize the offense that can be construed by comparing the mediawhores to the integrity, beauty, strength and intelligence of wildlife. On the other hand, this should be fun! Like Dalton, I have to scramble to catch up on my S3 trivia, but I'm working on it!

10-08-01, 02:49 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Not to insult the animals or anything, but............"
This thread got ignored for the most part, but i BUMP it because it contains a few nuggets of good bashing. I don't know if it's evil enough to earn a spot on the bus, but I can only try. I'm sure someone of Dalton's status can do better with the animal analogies, so c'mon, take the challenge!

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-08-01, 08:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Not to insult the animals or anything, but............"
Midnight Rider, (HEHEHE....I finally BEAT Leify at giving you a nickname.)

I think I'm going to have to see how these human "animals" interact in their habitat before I can pair them up with your list of Africian animals.

Sort of who lunges (like a tiger); who shows their butt and howls (like a baboon); who walks anywhere they please (like a Rhino)...yadayada.

But not to worry even if this thread drops to page 3...if any of us loud-mouthed Babes have something to say we will go back and find it and it will appear back at the top of page one again.

Dalton

12-02-01, 06:21 PM (EST)
11. "Let's try this again"
Most of you wanted some time to think about this and get to know the survivors a bit first, so I'm bringing it back from the dead now that we know a bit more about these losers.

I'm going to have to update mine now too!

Psssst... I was never here

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-02-01, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Poor nightscribe. . ."
. . . is there anything so pathetic as having to bump one's own thread?

Actually, I had intended to go looking for this one just yesterday (I SWEAR!), but didn't get around to it. I'm afraid your original post caught us woefully unprepared for this exercise, but I am now halfway together enough to take a stab at it (although it was REALLY difficult to confine myself to the animals given!):

blue balled monkey -- Brandon, obviously. . . Not to dis our own beloved Monkeyboy, but not only is he built for the job, he's my vote as least likely to obtain sexual satisfaction here. Or anywhere people might get to know him. I do think a roll of duct tape (esp. for that NASTY mouth!) and a bag over his head would improve his chances.

wart hog -- Silas Pushy, aggressive, plenty of muscle, but missed the clue train.

elephant -- Carl Purely an appearance call, although both can be workhorses.

rhino -- Frank A solitary critter, often horns in to take care of the dirty work. (Sorry, whine-o--I doubt there's ANYONE here you'd be happy giving this tag to. . . thought Frank's crustiness might be something YOU could relate to!)

hippo -- Diane After becoming reacquainted with her in the recrap episode, what else fits? Just have to ignore that animal-print bikini. . . OMG--now my brain hurts!

vulture -- Lex Sorry, but I find them equally attractive. . . and he does seem to think he's waiting for the other critters to die off.

ostrich -- Kim *shrug* Despite her lack of get-up-and-go, had to grab this as a feminine critter; perhaps that poofy thing she does with her hair qualifies.

buffalo -- Ethan Actually, these two were the only choices left, so Ethan wins this by default. Still, both ARE physically strong and dangerous, if not graceful. And if you really contort your thinking, you can draw a parallel between hairstyles.

giraffe -- Kelly Not by appearance, but another feminine critter--both can be athletic, and might assume best vantage point for scoping out a situation.

zebra -- Mama Kim Something about those white buttcheeks hanging out of her thong. . .

lion -- Teresa The female lion is the hunter of the family. . . often requires stealth as well as strength.

jackal -- Lindsey Overblown sense of self-importance, lets others take charge, but mouths off plenty, waiting for the kill.

gazelle -- Jessie Nice to look at, but more victim than predator.

hyena -- Linda Neither one shuts up when you want them to, though I suspect Linda lacks the sense a hyena has to stay out of harm's way. . .

baboon -- Farmer Tom Potentially dangerous when his hormones take over, but manages to be funny/entertaining, nevertheless. (Had to resist the urge to label him as a "rhino," because of the obvious "horny" connection. . . )

tiger -- Clarence Strong, greedy, and sporting the occasional stripes. Clarence belonged here about as much as a tiger does (a-hem. . . tigers are ASIAN. . .)

GT

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-01, 00:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Not to insult the animals or anything, but............"
Well it's about time I gave this a stab... so here goes. I'll just worry about the 9 Survivors still in the game and not bother with the other seven, although I must say that "jackass" isn't one of the choices as befitting Lindsey or Silas.

Brandon = blue-balled monkey -- Actually the true 'blue-balled' person would be Tom with his lusting, but Tom is no monkey... so Brandon gets the honour for having to wait until he gets home to get any action.

Ethan = jackal -- the jackal looks like it could run all day, which probably fits Ethan the soccer player.

Frank = elk -- sorry, gotta substitute 'elk' here because of his antler fight with the pole! If I had to use one of the animals on the list above, elephant would be the answer since he's mimicked one so well.

Kelly = vulture -- I get the impression she's waiting to pounce so vulture is what I came up for her.

Kim J = zebra -- The lines in her face are so pronounced she looks like a zebra.

Kim P = gazelle -- She's quick as evidenced by her bouncing up from one step to another to the top in the ep.2 RC.

Lex = giraffe -- He's tall and has spots and prints all over his body. Zebra could also fit for him.

Teresa = ostrich or tiger -- ostrich because she might as well have had her head buried under the sand with her lack of face time until last ep., or a tiger for her 'roar' coming out of nowhere to be a force in the last IC.

Tom = buffalo -- Buffaloes are big, stupid and clumsy, and they just stampede and blindly follow the leader. Hello, Tom!

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-03-01, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Not to insult the animals or anything, but............"
Good one, Nightscribe! I put my list together without reading what anyone else wrote first. It will be interesting to see what everyone else came up with and why. I based most of my list on comparing the characteristics that I know about each animal with the characteristics of each contestant.

Here's my list:

Brandon --- jackal --- always slinking about, observing the situation, ready and waiting to jump in at the right moment. A predator, but lower down on the predator list.

Carl --- baboon --- unfortunately, this one based mostly on looks. Too bad Carl wasn't as smart as the baboon are however.

Clarence --- tiger --- does everybody know that tigers are NOT native to Africa?? LOL. They're found in Asia, people! Well, that animal mistake aside, he reminds me of a tiger because they're dangerous, like he could have been if he stayed in the game longer, and the war paint reminds me of a tiger's stripes.

Diane --- ostrich --- always on the lookout for danger, but that's about it. Doesn't really do anything. Peck, peck, pecking all the time.

Ethan --- elephant --- walks softly, but carries a big stick. And elephants are so loveable!

Frank --- buffalo --- one of the most dangerous animals in Africa. Frank could be dangerous, too. Whether that's in the game of Survivor or to himself and others due to his bizzare lunatic activities remains to be seen, however.

Jessie --- gazelle --- beautiful, but pretty much useless.

Kelly --- blue balled monkey --- Kelly has as big a balls as any guy on this show. She will go far. But she reminds me of a monkey the way they always show shots of her sitting around jabbering about the other players.

Pigtails Kim --- zebra --- just like a zebra, she blends in with the group and the surroundings. Doesn't do much but stand around and eat.

Momma Kim --- vulture --- just coasting along, feeding off the sucesses of her tribe, always staying just an arm's reach out of danger.

Lex --- lion --- definitely the predator. King of the Jungle. Is there anyone who didn't pick Lex as the lion??!!

Linda --- giraffe --- her skinny neck and body simply reminded me of a giraffe.

Lindsay -- rhino --- can be deadly, but they're also very nearsighted, just like Lindsay. Can't see the forest through the trees. A perfect description of her.

Silas --- hyena --- sneaky and shifty, lurking about, just like Silas. Plus their laugh is as annoying as his was.

Teresa --- warthog --- small, but tough and determined.

Tom --- hippo --- fat and lumbering, just like Tom. LOL. But they can be dangerous. You have to be careful around them.

This was fun!!

shanana banana

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-03-01, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Not to insult the animals or anything, but............"
I think that no matter who we characterize as which animal, our reasons will make it look like it makes sense. There were so many that have traits of several animals, or so many animals with similar traits--i.e. Brandon could've been tagged as the monkey, jackal, hyena, vulture, warthog, etc. (He seems to take the worst from them all. . .)

Don't know if there was anyone who I felt was DEFINITIVELY one animal type, except maybe Jessie--funny that your reasoning echoed mine to a T!

Difficulties aside, I agree--this was an interesting exercise. It'll be fun to see what others use to rationalize their picks.

GT

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-01, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Not to insult the animals or anything, but............"
LAST EDITED ON 12-03-01 AT 04:01 PM (EST)

wheee, this is fun, thanks for bumping this NightScribe, since I wasn't here when it was first posted

blue balled monkey -- Linda...switching you and Jessie, cause giraffe just wasn't cooky enough

wart hog -- Tom- rooting around inthe ol' water hole. Seems to fit your lecherous side (though I think you're mainly hamming it up for the camera)...don't want to see its backside either

elephant -- Frank- ah, kindred spirits. i likeya Frank, but the elephant dance was a little weird

rhino -- Clarence- strong, hard-working, but probably not too bright

hippo -- Diane- i'm glad i didn't see the recap *shivers*

vulture -- Kelly- the little b*tch is waiting to eat her former tribe

ostrich -- Ethan- head planted firmly in sand. repeatedly. nuff said

buffalo -- Carl- big, extinct (well, the buffalo were dwindling at any rate)

giraffe -- Jessie- eh, whatever

zebra -- Kim J- that thong refrence was...well, to be honest it was just disturbing. but so was the thong. and i'll always think of you as a zebra from now on. thanks George

lion -- Teresa - the quiet lioness

jackal -- Silas - two-faced idiot

gazelle -- Kim P - you're the prey in this bunch, sorry

hyena -- Brandon - ugh

baboon -- Lindsey - see Brandon

tiger -- Lex- fierce, lots of body art

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-03-01, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Uh Oh"
I_AM_HE referred to George Tirebiter as "George". heehee I_AM_HE, just so you'll know, "George" is a girl. We like to call her GT.

BTW, great job everyone! I wish I was as clever...

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-01, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Uh Oh"
hehe, i knew that, at least i think i did...
just didn't know what else to call her, sorry
GT it is then

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •