The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 9, Survivor 11, State of the Spoiling"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-08-05, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 9, Survivor 11, State of the Spoiling"
LAST EDITED ON 11-08-05 AT 08:43 PM (EST)

"Secrets and Lies and an Idol Surprise"

Welcome to Survivor Blows SOTS for episode 7. Please take a few moments to review our guidelines, they make our site more informative, organized and most importantly civil and respectful. Last weeks episode found the two tribes merged and the previous members of the Nakum tribe were donned appropriately the axis of evil.

The axis stuck to their plan and booted dear, sweet, farmer-boy and resident snarky commenter, Brandon. So long Survivor Brandon, you were only the first victim of the evil axis! You won’t be the last…

If you missed the episode you can get the gist of it at Icecat's East Coast Update Thread. It was truly one of the most emotional shows that have ever aired. The building animosity between the two tribes reached its pinnacle with the merge. Check out what Brandon had to say on the Early Show and in the Insider clips. The Survivor Live show also provides lots of good insight as well. To sum up Survivor Live Videos, Brandon respected Jamie, and said that Jamie even went and helped him look for the hidden II. He understood why BJ made a deal with Steph. He said that Steph was the sole leader of the group and that Judd was the number 2 man in line. He said that they had a partnership and had each others backs. He noted that Rafe was third, Jamie was fourth(but falling down the line quickly with his big mouth), then Lydia, and finally Cindy. He said he had an F2 promise with Danni. He also noted that Judd’s attitude through the game was going downhill.

Secrets and Lies and an Idol Surprise

Most peeps are speculating that the title refers to perhaps finding the hidden, 6 inch immunity idol and perhaps using it this week. Check out the speculation here. There is one thing that is for certain, if it is used this week it is most likely that one of the old Yaxha's must find it, namely BJ, Danni, or Gary. Although some are speculating that perhaps Jamie will find it. At any rate, there will be secrets and lies in relation to the hidden II....maybe.

SeeBS Misdirection

This week the CBS riddles were posted by Tribephyl here. Let's examine them one by one:

1. One Survivor deceives the others by giving them the wrong clues to where the hidden Immunity idol rests.

Due to a CBS press release we now know that the winner of the Reward Challenge will also receive a clue to the hidden, 6" idol. Most peeps are speculating that Judd, Jamie, and Gary all go on a reward that includes alcohol, as they are seen in the vidcaps returning to camp at night. Therefore, this clue must refer to one of them. At this point I'd say that Judd and Gary are the two most favored for being the deceiver.

2. Several Survivors become angry after one overindulges in a Reward.

Gary is heard in the promo saying, "Judd is drunk". Enough said, we've seen how he'll cheat the others and lie about it to get more beer, so....

*Note the cigar/cigarette in his mouth...some folks over at Sucks are speculating that that’s not a cigarette, it’s a scrolled up clue. So, if Judd is the foolish drunk, we know from the preview vidcaps that Cindy notes he vomited in the shelter. So, it's most likely that all of his comrades in the shelter would be angry with him, namely Cindy, Lydia, Steph, Rafe, Cindy, and BJ.

3. One Survivor secretly follows a tribemate on a hunt for the hidden Immunity idol and soon finds out that the tribemate is not to be trusted.

Well, we know from the CBS press release that the winner of the reward will also receive a clue to the whereabouts of the hidden II. So, the winner must deceive the group regarding the clue to the II, as one of the survivors follows the winner on a wild goose chase. So one of Judd, Jamie, Gary is the deceiver and I would bet that one of BJ, Danni, or Rafe is most likely the follower??? No telling who it will be, but will it matter? Not really!

Reward Challenge

This week CBS was kind enough to provide proof of two challenges in the vidcaps that were posted by Flowerpower and volsfan. There is some debate as to which challenge is which. At this point I think the consensus is that the balancing challenge is indeed the reward challenge and the javelin throwing contest is the IC.

The Reward Challenge once again is comprised of several obstacles that involve alot of balance....over beams...

and over ropes...

We see someone with Khaki shorts falling off balance in the first cap, then Jamie, Judd, Steph, and probably Gary all at one station balanced on beams, stopped to untie a colored plank. Note that they are all competing individually and not as teams. We note that Steph is losing her balance as she unties her first plank. The survivors probably have to scale the various obstacles of beams and ropes, and retrieve various rungs of a ladder to assemble someplace else. First survivor to complete his/her ladder and reach the top will be the winner. Or at least something along these lines…

In the rope portion of the obstacles we see Rafe doing what he does best...falling head first. So, who will win this challenge? Well we know that Judd, Jamie and Gary are seen returning to camp in a drunken stupor, so it must be one of them. Most folks think that it will be our balancing champion from last weeks IC, Gary. He may try to get in good with the evil twins Judd/Jamie, leaving Danni and BJ back at camp to work on Steph and gang. Or, he may choose to take the 2nd and 3rd place finishers. If Gary wins the RC, it leaves Steph left to ponder and declare, "Gary is a huge immunity threat", the morning after the RC.

Many folks are indeed speculating that the drunken ape, Judd, will indeed be the rightful owner of the RC crown…is that a cigar in his mouth, or a rolled up clue? Sure would fit as it is easy to see him being the deceitful one who can not be trusted….that’s a gimme!

Immunity Challenge

The vidcaps show us that the IC is a javelin throw of some kind. Note that the thrower must throw the arrow with some kind of Mayan instrument, as seen here in Gary's hand...

Essentially there is a large bullseye in the ground with red rings and a large post at the center. Closest survivor arrow/javelin to the center post bullseye will be winner. Naturally CBS is promoting Gary here as afterall, he's the ex-professional thrower here. When Gary steps to the line to throw, we know that at least 4 others have thrown before him, as we see 4 markers in the rings. Gary heaves his javelin/arrow and it lands just between Rafe's and Judd's. So, if they only get one throw then Gary will not win....

While Gary should be the favored one, I don't think he'll win. As for the winner? Well, the last one that threw the best in a challenge was Danni! So perhaps she will win? No telling…

Now as for the hidden immunity idol. Most peeps are speculating that it will indeed be found this week, and perhaps even used. After all, why would they include an “idol surprise” in this weeks episode title? Well, we know that Steph has now declared Gary “a huge immunity threat”. We also had in the episode preview vidcaps that “the search for the hidden immunity idol is on”, and then we immediately see Gary searching for it as he states, “I’m gonna pull out everything that I can to get as far as I can”.

Does Gary take a double take here and see the idol? Some think he does. If he indeed finds it, will he use it? Some say indeed he will….if he does, we all know who the axis of evil will target. It will be the next one on their list…..BJ!

As for the pecking order, true has started a wonderful thread with detailed speculation and spoiler tips in the Pecking Order thread. It is noted that indeed the axis of evil has specified Brandon first, then BJ, and then Danni. Note that there was no mention of Gary. Does Gary still have solid ties to his prior alliance mates? It’s also noted that BJ had a prime foreshadowing confessional last week when he stated that the final 6 Nakum’s will not end up as the F6.

Earlier in the week True Dork Times had changed his boot order to include Steph and Judd in the F2 with Danni not even making the F4. Today, however, the boot order has been yet changed again and it’s back to Danni and Steph as the F2 with Judd not making the F4.…clearly, there is room for wonderful speculation this year, don’t you just love it? As for me, I am clearly in the editing camp that may be suggestive of a Danni/Steph F2. See what our own Veruca Salt and friends have to say regarding the editing at this point in the show.

True’s thread also has lots of interesting spoilers that have cropped up regarding the boot order and the family visit show. OFG noted that there is a spoiler that notes Jamie’s brother received a ticket to go to Guatemala, but at the last minute did not need to go, as his brother received the boot the night before. There is also discussion regarding an early spoiler that noted Gary does very well(F5), and that he did have a family member down for the family visit. TDT is now sourcing the Gary spoiler. It is speculated that the family visit show could occur as early as episode 11! Brownroach notes that there are conflicting spoilers though, so one of them, or both of them are wrong! Sure leaves us with a great season for all kinds of possible scenario’s!

There are also several other interesting threads this week that address what each players best strategy may be here, and who the second person eliminated after the merge could be, here. There is also another thread discussing where Survivor 12 will be filmed. It seems dabo has found an interesting article that says it has already begun filming in Panama….again!

The Boot

This week the previews give us two red herrings. They feature the drunken ape, Judd and the IC challenge hound, Gary. No doubt they will be safe. The editing experts have been calling for a Jamie vs. BJ showdown for quite some time now. So, will the much hyped axis of evil turn on their own with a possible Jamie boot?

Well, conscience or no, with the “I’m going to change up this game” Rafe there, I highly doubt there will be anyone turning on the bad boys yet. I think it’s far more likely that BJ will indeed get his wish and be the first member of the jury. So long Survivor Bobby Jon!

You are most certainly a Southern Gentleman as well as a man among men.

Many thanks to Scarlett O'Hara for helping me with the graphics, and also to Das Mole for letting me borrow his axis of evil graphic!

Don't forget to go and visit Sherpa Dave and VOTE! Also go and see what Corvis has to say on his Survivor Thoughts from Iowa. It's always interesting to see where all those "D's" and "T's" will lead...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 9, Survivor 11, State of the... KObrien_fan 11-08-05 1
 RE: Ep 9, Survivor 11, State of the... Scarlett O Hara 11-08-05 2
 RE: Ep 9, Survivor 11, State of the... sylvester 11-08-05 3
   RE: Ep 9, Survivor 11, State of the... Fire Fly 11-09-05 4
 Where do you go... Capn2patch 11-09-05 5
 RE: Ep 9, Survivor 11, State of the... Surviette 11-09-05 6
 RE: Ep 9, Survivor 11, State of the... Brownroach 11-09-05 7
 RE: Ep 9, Survivor 11, State of the... strid333 11-09-05 8
 RE: Ep 9, Survivor 11, State of the... RudyRules 11-09-05 9
 RE: Ep 9, Survivor 11, State of the... LookeeLoo 11-09-05 10
 RE: Ep 9, Survivor 11, State of the... greg2557 11-09-05 11
 RE: Ep 9, Survivor 11, State of the... Outfrontgirl 11-10-05 12
 RE: Ep 9, Survivor 11, State of the... mimo 11-10-05 13
 RE: Ep 9, Survivor 11, State of the... VerucaSalt 11-10-05 14
 RE: Ep 9, Survivor 11, State of the... Puffy 11-10-05 15
 RE: Ep 9, Survivor 11, State of the... kingfish 11-10-05 16
 RE: Ep 9, Survivor 11, State of the... Magic Fingers 11-10-05 17
 RE: Ep 9, Survivor 11, State of the... redbeard103152 11-10-05 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-05, 08:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep 9, Survivor 11, State of the Spoiling"
Great job FP, you are thorough and entertaining! (And thanks again to Scar and Das for the graphics)

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-08-05, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep 9, Survivor 11, State of the Spoiling"
Good job, FloPo! It is concise and thorough!!

Scarlett

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-08-05, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep 9, Survivor 11, State of the Spoiling"
Great job FP, thank you!

I so hope it's Jaime and not BJ. *sigh*

Fire Fly 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-09-05, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fire%20Fly Click to send private message to Fire%20Fly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep 9, Survivor 11, State of the Spoiling"
As usual, great job FP!

Capn2patch 2785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-09-05, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Capn2patch Click to send private message to Capn2patch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Where do you go..."
...when you wanna know?

JUST ASK FLOPO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When one won't do, just make it two!

Great job once again Fp. I for one, appreciate the time taken to put these together. Thank you for summing it all up brilliantly and adding those special nuggets of info that make your SOTS a one stop shop.

Surviette 124 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-09-05, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Surviette Click to send private message to Surviette Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ep 9, Survivor 11, State of the Spoiling"
Excellent! Also, very informative. I actually read the
guidelines.....for the first time.......heh heh !

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-05, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ep 9, Survivor 11, State of the Spoiling"
Hope I can post in a hurry to say what a great SOTS this is, FP -- for some reason my browser has been crashing almost every time I open a Spoilers thread today.

Good job!

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-09-05, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ep 9, Survivor 11, State of the Spoiling"
Excellent SOTS!

Three is the perfectnumber.

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-05, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ep 9, Survivor 11, State of the Spoiling"
Awesome job FP!

Well done!

Your defending two time college football pool champion

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-09-05, 06:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LookeeLoo Click to send private message to LookeeLoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ep 9, Survivor 11, State of the Spoiling"
Wonderful SOTS once again FloPo!

-Loo

greg2557 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-09-05, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greg2557 Click to send private message to greg2557 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ep 9, Survivor 11, State of the Spoiling"
Thanks Flower. Great SOTS

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-05, 04:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ep 9, Survivor 11, State of the Spoiling"
FP, this is awesome, much appreciated, and I loved the graphics!

*BR I spent my on-line time today trying to stop my browser from crashing too! Hmm. Just the last two days. Hmm.

mimo 563 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-10-05, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mimo Click to send private message to mimo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ep 9, Survivor 11, State of the Spoiling"
this was great FP!! i especially enjoyed the graphics and, must admit, the picture of Brandon... sigh....

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-10-05, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ep 9, Survivor 11, State of the Spoiling"
As always FP, wonderful to read and extremely helpful

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-05, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Ep 9, Survivor 11, State of the Spoiling"
Excellent, thorough, entertaining, awesome SOTS! Thanks.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-05, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Ep 9, Survivor 11, State of the Spoiling"
Excellent. Smart and witty. Job well done. You are as good at gathering the spec/spoil info as you are at your other job of providing the actual spec/spoiling.

Magic Fingers 377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-10-05, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magic%20Fingers Click to send private message to Magic%20Fingers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Ep 9, Survivor 11, State of the Spoiling"
WOW...you said it all. The was so well done. Thank you.

P. S. I am cheering for you and Scarlett over at CBS. I missed a week when my computer crashed and dropped so much...lol...oh well.

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-10-05, 06:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Ep 9, Survivor 11, State of the Spoiling"
Fantastic job FP. You really know how to tie all the loose ends together.RedBeard

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •