The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Pecking order revealed."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-04-05, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Pecking order revealed."
Lots of strategy was revealed in episode 8. Since we all know that strategies revealed don't succeed, let's look at what we've been given.

The NuNakum 6 spelled out the order in which they plan to pagong the NuYaxha, now that they've merged.

Brandon (gone)
Bobby Jon
Danni
Gary.

This order confirmed two of my suspicions going into the merge. Despite what the confessionals have been trying to cram down our throats, BJ and Steph do have an alliance of sorts. BJ would have been out in ep. 8, had he not been protected by Steph. Editing wants to make us think that now that he's made the jury, Steph will have no problem cutting him next. So, we've been given the next boot. Is BJ safe this week?

As I also suspected, Gary has some loyalty left from his original tribemates. Will winning II in ep. 8 move him up in the pecking order, or will those loyalties keep him around while the majority of 6 cuts some of their own?

It seems clear that Steph is in contol of her alliance. Despite Jiffy's attempts to paint them as mean, mean, people, she didn't flinch, and her waivering followers fell quietly in line. (let's call them The NuFriendship, shall we?...hahaha)
Will Steph redeem herself, by betraying evil Jamie, and obnoxious Judd, or will she be a cold, hardnosed, biotch? I think she needs to solidify her bond with Rafe/Cindy/Lydia by showing some heart, and getting rid of one of their goons. An alliance of 6 is just too big at this point in the game, and if Steph is smart, she'll realize that the nice half of her alliance could easily break off and form a new majority with those nice folks from NuYaxha.

The NuFriendship (hahaha) is up 6-3. I think one of them has to go this week. BJ will probably win immunity, and Danni will be next in line. Surely these people realize that booting Danni would be moronic at this stage. One of the annoying 2 needs to go. Jamie or Judd. If Judd makes a big enough @ss of himself, I think it could be him. It wouldn't suprise me at all if he doesn't just give up. I just don't think his heart is in the game, and I believe that since he won the battle with Margaret, he's got little left motivating him.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Pecking order revealed. Chapdog 11-04-05 1
   RE: Pecking order revealed. true 11-04-05 2
       RE: Pecking order revealed. SurvivorTer 11-04-05 3
           RE: Pecking order revealed. true 11-04-05 4
           RE: Pecking order revealed. Flowerpower 11-04-05 6
               RE: Pecking order revealed. true 11-04-05 11
       RE: Pecking order revealed. Chapdog 11-04-05 5
       RE: Pecking order revealed. okaychatt 11-04-05 8
 RE: Pecking order revealed. kathliam 11-04-05 7
   RE: Pecking order revealed. Corvis 11-04-05 9
       RE: Pecking order revealed. Brownroach 11-04-05 10
           RE: Pecking order revealed. Corvis 11-04-05 13
   RE: Pecking order revealed. bdemoney 11-04-05 23
       RE: Pecking order revealed. tvgeek401 11-04-05 39
 RE: Pecking order revealed. Brownroach 11-04-05 12
   RE: Pecking order revealed. SurvivorTer 11-04-05 14
   RE: Pecking order revealed. true 11-04-05 15
   RE: Pecking order revealed. emydi 11-04-05 16
       RE: Pecking order revealed. Alchemist 11-04-05 17
           RE: Pecking order revealed. emydi 11-04-05 18
   RE: Pecking order revealed. architecturegirl 11-04-05 20
 Shakeup on TDT! Bebo 11-04-05 19
   RE: Shakeup on TDT! emydi 11-04-05 21
   RE: Shakeup on TDT! Brownroach 11-04-05 22
       You're in trouble, Roach... emydi 11-04-05 24
           RE: You're in trouble, Roach... Brownroach 11-04-05 27
       RE: Shakeup on TDT! bdemoney 11-04-05 25
       RE: Shakeup on TDT! Corvis 11-04-05 29
   RE: Shakeup on TDT! true 11-04-05 38
 RE: Pecking order revealed. Outfrontgirl 11-04-05 26
   RE: Pecking order revealed. Whole Lotta Rosie 11-04-05 28
       RE: Pecking order revealed. fallingtogether 11-04-05 31
           RE: Pecking order revealed. Whole Lotta Rosie 11-04-05 34
               RE: Pecking order revealed. fallingtogether 11-04-05 37
       RE: Pecking order revealed. Outfrontgirl 11-04-05 32
           RE: Pecking order revealed. Whole Lotta Rosie 11-04-05 35
   RE: Pecking order revealed. fallingtogether 11-04-05 30
       RE: Pecking order revealed. bdemoney 11-04-05 33
           RE: Pecking order revealed. fallingtogether 11-04-05 36
               RE: Pecking order revealed. Outfrontgirl 11-04-05 40
                   RE: Pecking order revealed. fallingtogether 11-05-05 41
                       RE: Pecking order revealed. Outfrontgirl 11-05-05 43
                   RE: Pecking order revealed. Flowerpower 11-05-05 42
                       RE: Pecking order revealed. Outfrontgirl 11-05-05 44
                           RE: Pecking order revealed. Flowerpower 11-05-05 45
                               RE: Pecking order revealed. Whole Lotta Rosie 11-05-05 46
                               RE: Pecking order revealed. Outfrontgirl 11-07-05 48
                                   RE: Pecking order revealed. Flowerpower 11-07-05 49
                                       RE: Pecking order revealed. Outfrontgirl 11-07-05 50
                           RE: Pecking order revealed. emydi 11-06-05 47
                           RE: Pecking order revealed. Flowerpower 11-10-05 61
                               RE: Pecking order revealed. emydi 11-11-05 64
 TDT switched back Bebo 11-08-05 51
   RE: TDT switched back emydi 11-08-05 53
       RE: TDT switched back Bebo 11-08-05 54
   RE: TDT switched back Brownroach 11-08-05 55
       RE: TDT switched back emydi 11-08-05 56
           RE: TDT switched back Brownroach 11-08-05 57
               RE: TDT switched back emydi 11-09-05 59
           RE: TDT switched back GuessItRains 11-08-05 58
 RE: Pecking order revealed. Draco Malfoy 11-08-05 52
   RE: Pecking order revealed. NoSeeUms 11-09-05 60
 RE: Pecking order revealed. Outfrontgirl 11-11-05 62
   RE: Pecking order revealed. true 11-11-05 63
       RE: Pecking order revealed. michel 11-11-05 65
           RE: Pecking order revealed. Outfrontgirl 11-11-05 66
 RE: Pecking order revealed. Outfrontgirl 11-13-05 67
 Brandon quotes from Survivor Live Outfrontgirl 11-13-05 68

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Chapdog 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-04-05, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chapdog Click to send private message to Chapdog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
LAST EDITED ON 11-04-05 AT 09:18 AM (EST)

as of last night:

Nakum 1
BJ
Danni
Cindy
Judd

Nakum 2
Cindy
Jammi
Jud
Lydia
Raff
Stef

Yaxha 1
Gary
Jammi
Lydia
Raff
Stef

Yaxha 2
Gary
BJ
Danni

Forget about the editing.. lets talk common sence if you were out there playing

I think it is now possible for Stef's Nakum2 alliance to eliminate one of there own.. this serves two purposes.. to keep the numbers low enough within Nakum2 alliance so that stef can keep her self in the power position (this can be done against Jammi because everyone hates him)

Second reason is to pacify the cry baby Raff who shows signs of flipping. Stef needs to address this or she will suddenly find herself in a minority if Yaxha 2 finds a way to reorganize with raff.

So if they vote out Jammi next then they still have a secure majority to then vote out BJ or Danni the following week.

11-04-05, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
Your post just reminded me of something. A couple of episodes ago, we saw a confessional of Jamie saying that Judd would be the ideal final 2 partner. Since that time, Jamie has become the obnoxious one, while Judd has just been an annoyance.

I wonder if Steph doesn't see Jamie the same way that Jamie sees Judd, as a great final 2 opponent. As long as Jamie is still there, he will be the foucs of the people with heart, not Steph. I'd think she'd be smart to keep him around, at least for a little while longer. There is no way that Jamie can betray her, as he's burned any good will he could have with BJ/Danni/Gary. Once those 3 are gone, and the NuFriendship (hahaha) HAVE to turn on each other, Jamie would be the first target, especially if Judd is all ready gone. As long as Jamie is in the game, the target stays off of Stephs back.

SurvivorTer 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-04-05, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorTer Click to send private message to SurvivorTer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
Actually Steph never mentioned Gary. If I remember correctly she said the order was Brandon, Bobby Jon then Danni. She never said Gary. Maybe there is still some sort of small alliance there or maybe she just wanted to save her old tribemate til last???

11-04-05, 10:04 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
I don't know if it was Steph, but someone definately said Gary, and he was at the end of the line. Maybe someone who has the ep. recorded can confirm.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-05, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
Welcome to the boards, SurvivorTer! I agree, the pecking order was firmly announced as Brandon, BJ, and then Danni, NO mention of Gary. Gary still has secure friends on the ole Nakum tribe, namely Steph, Lydia, and Rafe.

BUT, personally I see the ole Nakum's sticking together one more week so BJ can make the jury, but BJ had a foreshadowing confessional last night when he noted that the final 6 ole Nakums will not end up as the F6. I think Jamie will be booted next after BJ in ep 11. From there it's a whole new game..

Gary was sitting very pretty, imo, but last night hinted at real trouble for him, IMO. If Gary is the one that misleads and lies about finding the hidden idol, it could lead to his downfall,.....could be the beginning of the end for Gary....just my 2 cents...

11-04-05, 12:43 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
You guys are right, Gary was not mentioned BY NAME. When NuY went fishing, Judd brought up the order, starting with Brandon. Then Steph said, "Brandon, Bobby Jon, then Danni." The frame quickly cut to NuY in their boat, sitting in that exact order. (with Gary in the back)

However, at the challenge, and at TC, it was clearly stated that the numbers were 6 against 4, including Gary in that 4 minority. Now, I'm sure his name has been discussed, and I find it curious that we've not been shown NuN discussing their plans for Gary, but I do believe it is safe to assume that AS A GROUP, they put Gary after Danni in their pecking order.

While I was re-watching, I noticed a few other things. When Gary won II, a shot of the non-participants was shown. Lydia seemed to be clapping the hardest. Gary and Lydia were also lounging next to each other in the shelter while BJ and Brandon searched for the hidden idol in the rain. Also, when Gary came off the steps, he was first greeted with a big hug from Danni AND Steph. Gary was shown having his heart to heart with Rafe, when Rafe heard him out, about voting out Jamie, he said to Gary "but, what's in it for US?" Gary said something about how the numbers are still there. We have 9.

Now, I find Rafe's use of the word US, when talking to Gary a bit strange. Especially given his being so sensitive to the feelings of the minority. Would he actually use the word US to Gary as if he isn't included? Seems kinda callous to me, unless he considers Gary one of the US. Gary's demeanor when he spoke to Rafe was not that of an outsider. He was near Steph in the pool scene, and she hugged him when he won IC. She also wasn't shown mentioning him by name when the pecking order was discussed. We all ready know that Gary and Lydia have a bond, and I believe Rafe and Gary also have a bond and mutual comfort level when discussing strategy.

Gary was sitting very pretty, imo, but last night hinted at real trouble for him, IMO. If Gary is the one that misleads and lies about finding the hidden idol, it could lead to his downfall,.....could be the beginning of the end for Gary....just my 2 cents...

Well, if it is Gary, the only ones he could tick off would be Danni and Bobby Jon, and they have no power to do anything to him, at this point. But, if it is Gary, it might just help him to get back in solid with the Axis of Evil. I'd think they'd be happy for him to help them out with preventing BJ or Danni from getting that immunity.

Chapdog 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-04-05, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chapdog Click to send private message to Chapdog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
Good points.. i am going to have to think about this..

Also I noticed in the next weeks preview that one tribe member is followed and revealed.. could be a driving factor for a NuFriendship split.

What if one of the soft member like Raff, Lydia, or cindy here a loud mouth jud or jammi talking about who they are going to dump down the line. Or it could even be Danni, BJ, or Gary who here the plan and tell a wavering Raff that he is gone as soon as Gary is gone.

In any regards NuFriendship is destined to splinter and soon.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-04-05, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
<NuFriendship (hahaha)

Ok True. That's it.

The Maggot is coming to haunt your dreams.

I thought we were through with The Hamsters That Shalt Not Be Named.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

kathliam 3669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-04-05, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
(let's call them The NuFriendship, shall we?...hahaha)

True, I love you more than my life, but I worked so hard to erase that 'alliance' from my memory. It has taken me weeks to wash that bad taste from my mouth. I almost gave up on reality all together. Talk about depressing!

Please, can't we find another term for them? Please? Aaargh, make the nightmares stop!

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-04-05, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
Rafe gave us a name last night: Axis of Evil.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-05, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
I think Rafe's confessionals were very important last night. He is being shown as the conscience of NuNakum.

And, from Steph and BJ's conversation in the woods, I do think it's likely they promised to help each other before the game started. BJ knew after the merge that she wouldn't be able to do much for him -- his only shot was to prevail on her to at least get him to the jury.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

11-04-05, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
I agree, BR; we now have Rafe's story put out there for us.

And it only makes sense for Stephenie to want him on the jury - there's a very good chance he'll vote for her when she's in the Final 2.

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-04-05, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
LAST EDITED ON 11-04-05 AT 04:14 PM (EST)

<<True, I love you more than my life, but I worked so hard to erase that 'alliance' from my memory. It has taken me weeks to wash that bad taste from my mouth. I almost gave up on reality all together. Talk about depressing!

Please, can't we find another term for them? Please? Aaargh, make the nightmares stop!>>

Hey Kath - If true calls them the NuNerd Herd, would that make it better? (I couldn't stand the name "the friendship! or them for that matter) But enough of that, lets hope that one of the six from the Axis of Evil is gone this week. Preferably Jamie since he is driving me crazy.

Although, if I don't like someone that usually means they win or make it to the final two..........crap!

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-04-05, 08:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
Not the NuNerd Herd.
I refuse to let you insult nerds like that.

It just wouldn't be the same without the geek! --tribe, the amazing creator of my siggie
7-02-03

11-04-05, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
BJ would have been out in ep. 8, had he not been protected by Steph. Editing wants to make us think that now that he's made the jury, Steph will have no problem cutting him next. So, we've been given the next boot. Is BJ safe this week?

I've been thinking since Wednesday that BJ might be undone this week not because he is the original target but because someone uses the hidden immunity, forcing BJ back onto the chopping block at the last minute. I still think there is a strong possibility this will happen, with either Jamie or Judd being the red herring target who plays the hidden immunity at TC.

Thus making the viewers *think* the pecking order will be interrupted this week, only to have a deus-ex-machina ironically restore it.

SurvivorTer 2 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-05, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorTer Click to send private message to SurvivorTer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
Thanks for the welcome! Always been around, but never had much to say.

Wasn't the original Yaxha alliance Steph, Lydia, Rafe & Gary??? Possibly it is still there. Remember how it really seemed like Gary and Steph got along well and were the two in control of that group. Gary could be hiding that original alliance and not need to pull it out until necessary. He could still vote against Jamie and keep that original alliance going until Danni & BJ are gone then work with the Evils. I know it is a long shot, but hey isn't the whole thing? I remember Rafe and Gary also getting along really well. Possibly after BJ is gone, then Jamie, then Judd. That would leave Steph, Gary, Rafe, Lydia, Danni & Cindy. While Gary may be playing the whole "Who Me?" about being a quarterback, I have never heard him say anything negative about S, L & R. Only Jamie & Judd. He and Danni seem to get along well too. That could explain why she would be skipped over and Jamie & Judd go after BJ.

11-04-05, 01:07 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
You have a good point, BR, and it's not like they don't do that all the time. Just last night they did it with Jamie and Brandon, and, of course, Brandon still went home.

Bobby Jon could finally reach his breaking point with Jamie, and go nuts. That would seal his fate, IMO.

I still think this is the prime time for the majority to cut a member. With Rafe and Cindy teetering, they can't count on an alliance of 6 holding up much longer. We didn't see any of Lydia's strategy last night, but I'd guess that she'd follow Rafe. Gary has remained calm and in the background since the merge, despite winning II. I also think it does mean something that Rafe gave Gary immunity over Brian and Amy, despite what Brian said occured. If they all band together to get rid of Judd/Jamie now, the remaining majority tick off 1 person, but they gain the good will of 3 remaining NuYaxha. Pretty good trade-off, IMO.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-05, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
Me, too, BR...to me when BJ said in Ep. 7 that he wanted to make jury...that was telling us he's out at F9. I thought Jamie would find it (maybe even last nite) but use it in Ep. 9 and then Rafe/Lydia/Cindy/Steph would go to their fall back position of BJ.

But after last nite...I'm leaning towards Gary being the finder/liar...see CBS Misdirection.

His confessional last nite, the Ep. 9 preview sort of foreshadow this...the title is still bothering me though that the hidden idol is used in Ep. 9. If it is Gary, I don't think he would use it until he thinks he absolutely has to...he must realize (or Jamie told him) that BJ is ahead of him in the pecking order. So he holds onto it until Ep. 10 after BJ is gone and he and Danni are the only ones left from NuYaxha. Gary may even win II again in Ep. 9.

At this point, Cindy/Rafe/Lydia and Steph (bc now she has to) take the opp. to off Jamie bc Danni is not as big a threat as Brandon and BJ were. Plus they are TIRED OF HIM. Gary's winning hidden immunity helps them to do it in Ep. 10.

Then after that, Rafe or whomever saw gary lie about finding hidden idol are concerned, plus the fact he is an immunity threat and tom-like (worry for Steph)...they off Gary in Ep. 11.

And the f6 is the same except Danni replaces Jamie...

Alchemist 110 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-04-05, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Alchemist Click to send private message to Alchemist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
I don't remember hardly any shots of Gary looking for the mini ii but considering they kept showing it in a tree, a tall guy like that may just be on eye level with it. Of course if he found it right away they could be saving the video for later time. Him sitting around with Lydia almost makes me think that he found it rather quickly and is keeping quiet.

Alchemist

11-04-05, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
The Web Promo is up and FP is sure to post the vidcaps soon...

but Steph finally said what I have been saying for a while..

Gary is a huge physical threat

Gary says:

I need that idol

It looks like one challenge is balance (which we saw Judd is good at in Ep 8) which is prob. the RC..which Judd wins and gets food and drink and Yaxhas in the shelter..

the other Challenge presumably the IC is sort of a tomahawk chop throwing contest...whether it is the MASK CHALLENGE (that shows the priority) or not I don't know, probably one more week until, we get that tho...but Gary is shown throwing..so he may just win II again..he is a QB...

But Steph says something at end

It would be amazing if he found it

Who the heck she is talking about...i don't know... but I doubt it is Gary...probably BJ (she still has a soft spot for him a little bit ??) and then Gary could step into BJ's place in pecking order...but I really am leaning towards Gary finding it in ep. 9 but not needing to use it until Ep. 10 giving the "Conscience 3" Rafe Cindy Lydia the chance to turn the tables and oust Jamie...

architecturegirl 227 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-04-05, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail architecturegirl Click to send private message to architecturegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
Ok, bear with me here, but I've been mulling a scenario over in my head that odds are wouldnt happen, but might be a smart move...Hopefully I explain myself well.
Say Gary or Danni find the immunity idol (I think Gary finds it due to the clue about someone being untrustworthy), most people would automatically want to keep it for themselves for the day down the road that they feel vulnerable. BUT - what if that person knew they were safe that night, and perhaps for a few more tribal councils and wanted to give it to someone else that WAS vulnerable?
My thinking is, that no one gives away the immunity necklace normally, even if they dont feel threatened - because that would come off as supremely arrogant, AND choosing to protect someone who is going to be voted off puts you in a very precarious spot. BUT - if no one knows that you have the idol, they'd never know that you gave it to protect someone else, thus you wouldnt look bad.
Gary is in the best position of him, Danni, and BJ. Say he, or Danni finds the idol. They know they're not going home next, but likely will be a few votes from now. Their situation is greatly improved if Judd or Jamie are gone next, numbers swing more postitively to them now. So, if they kept their secret from everyone until they were sure BJ was being voted for - couldnt they then go to BJ and offer it to him so that they get a leg up on the numbers that they never would have had with out BJ around anymore? And no one would ever know that they turned on them to save BJ, or that they had it in the first place, so that couldnt be held against them.
The thing is, as Tammy and the General (I've got Marquesas on the brain having watched two episodes last night), and many others know - Winning a crucial immunity is important when you're on the chopping block, BUT odds are it just saves you 3 days, so it might be a better idea to give the immunity away to improve your odds, than keep it to save yourself one day downh the road to just leave three days later.

Just theorizing here...if I were Danni or Gary I'd be very concerned about keeping BJ around. Of course they'd have to work the group to have the second choice be say, Jaime so that once BJ couldnt be voted for, they'd all automatically gravitate to vote Jamie over Gary or Danni, but if they could pull it off it'd be great!
Hope I made sense...

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-05, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Shakeup on TDT!"
LAST EDITED ON 11-04-05 AT 03:31 PM (EST)

Wow, when I checked it this morning, it was showing a possible boot order of:

Bobby Jon
Jaime
Gary
Judd
Cindy
Lydia
Rafe
Steph
Danni - with a possible Danni wins spoiler.

But because of two new pieces of information they've changed to order to: BJ, Jaime, Gary Danni, Cindy, Lydia, Rafe, Judd, Steph.

The changes are related to an article where Danni's mom debunks the rumor that Danni's grandmother has been telling folks Danni is in the final two, and a new spoiler suggesting that Steph is in the final two with the guy from Jersey.

11-04-05, 03:37 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Shakeup on TDT!"
LAST EDITED ON 11-04-05 AT 03:39 PM (EST)

Bobby Jon
Jaime
Gary
Judd
Cindy
Lydia
Rafe
Steph
Danni

This is my latest PTTE list...so I hope it sticks.

hmmmm...this is what that person over at sucks a while back (i think around Brooke's vote) said the final 2 was going to be (steph and judd) and it got nowhere...

11-04-05, 04:00 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Shakeup on TDT!"
Well, Judd in the final 2 makes a lot more sense than Danni. While I would have liked to see Danni there, she just doesn't seem to be getting a winner or runner-up edit. A sixth place finish or thereabouts suits her editing better.

11-04-05, 04:05 PM (EST)
24. "You're in trouble, Roach..."
just wait til VS posts her new thread...the Grand Queen of editing still has Danni as the ONE

11-04-05, 04:31 PM (EST)
27. "RE: You're in trouble, Roach..."
I thought Danni could have had a better shot awhile back, but her editing just isn't picking up any steam. I agree with VS that she seems to be a visual presence, but she isn't getting any confessionals that resonate toward the future. They're primarily about of-the-moment issues.

11-04-05, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Shakeup on TDT!"
I personally can see Judd making it to the final two. I think he and Steph are really tight and he also has a good chance of winning immunity even if they do decide to try and boot him. (especially once BJ and Jamie are gone).

I also remember reading a spoiler early on about a young man who lost 80lbs. while out filming and have figured since the begining that it had to be Judd who went really far in order to lose that kind of weight while out there.

11-04-05, 04:52 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Shakeup on TDT!"
I posted last week in my Confessional Analysis that there was no way Danni was going to end up Final 2. Like you said, BR, the editing doesn't fit.

Judd getting there would be a shocker though. I don't see him making it that far either! I still like Rafe in the Final 2 with Stephenie.

11-04-05, 08:22 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Shakeup on TDT!"
Ack! Dern it, Beebs. Did ya have to go and post a source inspired boot order here in this innocent little speculation thread???? I hate those! I thought it was safe this season. I didn't mean to bring up the Friendship! Really, I didn't mean it....waaaaaaa

Oh well, it's not like TDT has had the best track record this season, and they change their minds more often than Bobby Jon changes his undies, but I guess they can't be avoided here on the spoiler forum.

If they're right, and Judd doesn't go this week or next, after puking in the shelter, than it's probably true. As obnoxious as he's been this season, I don't think there is any way he could win, unless he goes against Jamie, and the odds of that happening are perty slim, even though Steph will have to royally screw over Lydia and Rafe to get there. What a horrible finale that would be. *gak*

*true backs slowly out of the forum*

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-05, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
A few thoughts to add to all these great comments:

Steph Playing hardball. At the helm. Nuff said.

Rafe Ought to form a nice guy's alliance but the problem is his main ally is not a nice guy. So he fiddles while Rome burns, so to speak.

Gary -- the original Yax alliance contained Steph, Rafe, Gary, and Amy. Not Lydia.

Lydia -- was only solidified after the swap when old Yaxha had to stick together and still would have been booted if NuNakum had not gone on winning streak. Lydia owes Gary for saving her way back at the beginning. She offered him loyalty to the end as a reason to keep her. We have yet to see if Lydia honors promises but Gary is the kind of guy who will go talk to her and remind her.

Jamie -- was of course even less a part of the core alliance and was only kept for numbers and challenge strength. However, Jamie, Lydia, and Brian were tight from the beginning. We haven't seen a lot of the Jamie - Lydia bond lately but that doesn't mean she's receptive to booting him.

Judd -- No prior allies -- bonded with Jamie and Steph. He and Steph have the Jersey thing going on. She likes him way better than Jamie. Rafe doesn't like either of the J-boys, but right now Rafe is not being very assertive. Judd is now needed as a number and nothing else.

Cindy -- is a loner right now who is wanting to be considered part of the core NuNakum's and ultimately had to cast the vote against Brandon to prove that. She was never allied to BJ and Danni or with Judd. Cindy is safe enough right now but she is at the bottom of the Evil Axis' pecking order. Cindy is a danger if an underdogs' alliance were to form against Steph and her Bully Boys.

Danni -- with all the thought she put into this game, the luck of the swap and the tribal losses have left her with almost no one. BJ is a goner (see below). Gary may help her. Cindy -- the connection is distant. Cindy didn't want to go to Danni's birthday and wants to cut all old Nakum ties so as to distance herself. Danni's real chance here is to become the female Chris. Because she is last of the original Nakum in the boot order, that last person always stands a chance of being ignored when the time comes because there is some sub-group in the majority alliance that becomes a priority target.

BobbyJon -- I don't think he has an alliance with Steph at this point. I think there is actually some bad blood between them over the fire-starting challenge in Palau, in that there have been various rumors that BJ felt that he won. It's even possible that he was recast to placate him. (Note, just rumors.) We do know that Steph and BJ didn't get along so well as the last Ulongs. They have nothing in common except that they made it to the end of Ulong. After that, BJ went home and didn't make jury and Steph became most popular female Survivor. Steph is a whiner. BJ hates whiners. BJ doesn't ally with people he doesn't respect. For all the above reasons I think that what BJ extracted from Steph was a one-TC pass so long as Brandon didn't win immunity.

XbaIanque (Sucks, Phoenix, TDT) has said BJ is likely the first juror althouth that doesn't seem to be 100%. I believe he is. The amount of facetime he has just received screams "last hurrah for Bobby Jon" to me. Not winning immunity, BJ is toast.

Ep9 boot Why not Jamie or Judd, who are obnoxious and not in the original Yaxha alliance?

Right now, Steph and Rafe are a small core alliance that has never been separated. They need 3 more solid people to get through the next 2 TC's, and even then they need 4 people to get to F4. Lydia will be one. The other, from Steph's perspective, is probably going to be Judd, the F2 opponent she needs that she can also stand living with. Jamie will cut Steph's throat in a heartbeat whereas Judd likes her even though he is only out for #1. Therefore, of the two, she wants to ditch Jamie ASAP and keep Judd.

Rafe, OTOH, probably wants Steph, Lydia, and Gary with him in the F4.

Right now, Steph and Rafe, who are the ones thinking ahead, need to whittle the numbers down a tad before rocking the boat and pulling anything that makes fellow Evil Axis members insecure about their position. Taking out Jamie turns Judd into a potential loose cannon. Cindy could still swing. Gary has been with the enemy and needs to be tested before he is trusted again, if ever. Gary voted as a NuYaxha last time. He tried to save Brandon, so he is somewhat suspect (except, I think, to Rafe).

However, I think that once Brandon and BJ are gone, we will see something like in Vanuatu where there was an unwieldy dominant alliance that turned on each other after booting Rory, Sarge and Chad. With 8 people left, and five votes needed to boot Jamie, I think they will try to blindside Jamie. Cindy, Gary, and Danni will be all over the idea. Cindy would have been good with it before if Steph and Rafe had said so. So at this point it doesn't even matter if Lydia and Judd agree to go against their friend and it will be interesting to see whether they are included in the plan.

With Jamie gone at F8, Steph (and Rafe) should have no problem getting at least two other people to feel like they're solid for the F4, as Rob and Amber did in ASS, and avoid the underdog turnover potential of F7. I think they will go after either Gary or Judd at that point and put Danni on the sidelines.

A lot can change by that time in terms of relationships, but I feel pretty strongly that BJ and Jamie are the next two boots, in that order. Strategies revealed do not usually succeed, but it's common enough to see two out of three materialize in an order we are given. Brian and Amy, but not Gary. Sarge and Chad, but not Chris. Lex and Kathy, but Shii Ann got a one TC-break. So yeah, I don't think Bobby Jon's danger is misdirection. I think he's doomed and that Judd and Jamie (and possibly Gary, if he is the untrustworthy one) are this week's misdirection.

The stupider the establishment is, the smarter the rebels become.
Establishment stupidity is the greatest spur to creativity in evolutionary history ~ Robert Anton Wilson

Whole Lotta Rosie 104 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-05, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Whole%20Lotta%20Rosie Click to send private message to Whole%20Lotta%20Rosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
Couldn't agree with you more on the next two boots OFG.

I dug this out of Jamie's preshow confessional. Thought you might find it interesting.

I wrestled in high school and college. I played sports all my life but if I can make top eight in this, that's what we consider All American. That's my goal: to be top eight in this Survivor game.

Does Judd have a shot at the final two? Sure, but only because I think Stephanie can win this season, and Judd would be a nice F2 opponent. Steph is the only one getting anything close to a winners edit, but she will have to be up against someone negative like, Jamie or Judd or completely undeserving, like everyone else, to win.

But I am not giving up quite yet on Danni.

I think we may be seeing battle lines forming with Gary, Rafe, and Cindy on one side and Judd, Jamie and Lydia (yes I said Lydia) on the other side. Steph in the middle calling the shots and Danni trying to stay out of the way. As V would say, too much drama this season. Staying out of the way may be the best strategy of them all.

fallingtogether 85 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-04-05, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fallingtogether Click to send private message to fallingtogether Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
You make some good observations but I'm not sure I'm following you.

Steph is the only one getting anything close to a winners edit

After last night's episode, I'd say Rafe is getting a winning edit. Look at all the positive things that were highlighted last night about Rafe. His comment at tribal council about winning while respecting the other players, is possible foreshadowning of his win. Plus, we're shown Rafe getting along with everyone on the tribe. We already know he gets along with Lydia and Steph. But then we saw his talking with Gary and chatting with Danni last night. His facetime went up big time last night.

I think we may be seeing battle lines forming with Gary, Rafe, and Cindy on one side and Judd, Jamie and Lydia (yes I said Lydia) on the other side.

I'm curious about your logic here because I'm not following it. While Gary has a bond and previous alliance with Rafe, I wouldn't place them on the same team anymore. And Cindy is on the outside of a five person alliance. Inside that five person alliance I think there are several smaller alliances that we've been shown:
Jamie and Judd
Jamie, Judd and Steph
Rafe and Lydia
Rafe and Steph
Lydia and Jamie

I would put Jamie and Judd on the same side, but I don't see how Rafe, Steph and Lydia cannot be on the same side. I think they are three-strong, with Steph controlling the alliance. Steph also has an alliance with Jamie and Judd, which brings them in. Then Cindy stands on the outside.

That's the way I see it. I think what will play out is that they'll blindside Jamie soon, then use the opportunity to get ride of Judd as well: leaving the final five of Steph, Rafe, Lydia, Cindy and Gary.

11-04-05, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Whole%20Lotta%20Rosie Click to send private message to Whole%20Lotta%20Rosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
You are correct FT it doesn't make a lot of logical sense, it is more of a covergence of themes.

We obviously saw the continued emergence of evil-doer alliance this week. But at the same time I think we may have seen the beginning of the do-gooder alliance. While Cindy has had little to do with Rafe or Gary, they share similar morals. If any of these three players have had a story this season it is that they are all "good". Ying requires a Yang and the evil alliance requires a corresponding good alliance.

Why Steph and Lydia end up where they do under this scenario has to do with their editing. Once VS gets the new thread up, I will go into a bit more depth on why.

As for Rafe's winner edit. Rafe has had a very positive edit, but a positive edit doesn't always mean a win. My point was that none of the players had received the classic "winner's edit" that we have seen in seasons' past. His face time did increase last night, but winners in the past usually have more constant face time. Spikes in visability often tend to mean the beginning of a story arc.

11-04-05, 08:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fallingtogether Click to send private message to fallingtogether Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
Yeah, you're right about Rafe. I've been waiting for VS to post the new editing thread to go off about Rafe. I just found it very interesting that he had SOOOO much facetime last episode. I think I'm still holding onto a Steph, Rafe, Lydia final three and working around that.

11-04-05, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
That is interesting, Whole Lotta Rosie! It often seems that people don't go farther than the place they set their sights. It certainly doesn't look like Jamie is playing to go to the end because he won't hold anything back. This goal of F8 may explain his tactics.

I was writing my long post above when the news went up about the shakeup at TDT. I had noted in there that Steph is mostly likely wanting Judd to go to F2 but I didn't list that under Judd per se, so I should edit that under his name. I was thinking more about Judd after I posted (and left the computer) and before I read about the shakeup, and this is what my "uninfluence by tip" thoughts were:

it's going to be relatively easy for the group to cut Jamie because Steph, Rafe, Cindy and Gary/Danni are sick of him, and we have seen that Judd is losing patience with Jamie too. I really don't see Lydia rocking the boat either. (She is a Capricorn who is playing it safe and UTR and developing a bond with Rafe that she badly needs because Steph doesn't appreciate Lydia at all.) Rafe is being edited as the Ian of this season who will quail at the thought of facing the jury, but that doesn't mean he won't play along til F3.

Back to Judd: here we have a real problem getting a consensus to get rid of the guy if, as I and others suspect, Steph's "unrevealed" plan is to take him to F2. So long as Judd doesn't form a counter-alliance, I can't see Steph agreeing to ditch him. And Judd is happy to ride Steph's coattails to the end. So the only likely way for Judd to go is a general rebellion against Steph--which apparently doesn't happen because she's a shoe-in for F2 according to the editing.

Of course, Steph can't say she wants Judd to go to F2. She can say that Judd joined the alliance at the swap and he's the reason they didn't have a tie and she feels obligated to be loyal as quid pro quo for his continued loyalty. If she can turn the notion of a Judd boot into an issue of honoring a promise, she can probably pull it off.

Jamie--OTOH--has always bumped heads with the alliance leadership and will be the #1 "threat" after BJ leaves, and we know that Judd is quite aware of competiton from other guys, so I think Jamie will be relatively easy to dump as Lydia is the only person who MIGHT feel sorry to see him go.

11-04-05, 06:46 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
OFG,

One more for fun. Cindy said last night regarding the hidden immunity idol.

If you use it right you can almost guarantee yourself the final four

Then a cut to Lydia.

Could mean something for Cindy, Lydia, or whoever finds HII.

11-04-05, 05:11 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
With Jamie gone at F8, Steph (and Rafe) should have no problem getting at least two other people to feel like they're solid for the F4, as Rob and Amber did in #####, and avoid the underdog turnover potential of F7. I think they will go after either Gary or Judd at that point and put Danni on the sidelines.

I totally diagree here. I think you are forgetting about Lydia. Lydia has been with Steph and Rafe the entire time. I think she has a special bond with Steph (from her quote first episode about being on Survivor because of Steph) and she seems to be very close with Rafe (the image that keeps coming to my head is when there was the swap and Rafe was putting leaves on Lydia's back and talking about booting Brooke). I also find it hard to believe that they'd go to Danni to join their alliance.

Therefore, I think what we have here is a strong three person alliance - Steph, Rafe, Lydia. Then we have Jamie and Judd, who are allied with Steph, and Cindy who is sticking with the five to make it further in the game.

So once they dump BJ and Danni (I find it hard to believe that people still think she'll make final four, let alone final six! I like her but I just don't see her making it into the final five/four.), I think they may try and out Jamie and Judd, followed by Gary.

That leaves a final four of S, R, L, and Cindy.

11-04-05, 06:08 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
LAST EDITED ON 11-04-05 AT 06:21 PM (EST)

Who is this Cindy girl you all keep refering to?

(Edited to let some know that yes, I am being sarcastic..... And, that yes, I know my snarky remarks bring absolutely nothing to help us spoil the outcome) Sorry!

But seriously, this girl seems even less interesting than Darrah!
Perhaps that IS an indication that she goes far? Although I doubt to the final two.

11-04-05, 07:55 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
Yeah, I know! If she was final two I think we may have gotten more from her by now. That why I think she makes final four, but is then dumped, leaving Rafe, Steph and Lydia as final three.

11-04-05, 10:39 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
I don't really think the core alliance will go to Danni. There's just a pattern in the game where a dominant alliance puts in motion a string of boots and stops short at the last one because that person has no allies and is no longer a threat.

Large alliances are very unwieldy and unstable post-merge. People start trying to figure out where they will stand when the alliance cannibalizes and make pre-emptive strikes and sometimes that means diverting attention from the last sitting duck left from the other tribe. Boran held together and finished off Samburu but they were only 4.

Here we have 6 plus we know from Amy that she considered herself still tight with Rafe and Steph. If Amy was tight, Gary has at least as tight a bond as she did, IMHO. So now there are 7 scrambling to get into that core alliance or stay in the alliance.

I do think for Danni to get very far she would need immunity unless there's a big upheaval within the Axis of Evil similar to the Rotu split. But I doubt that will happen, more like people will get shaved off the edge of the alliance, most certainly Jamie is going to get cut.

I think the Jamie spoiler from King Neptune sounds like the real deal and I am factoring that in. The storyline we are seeing right now supports the spoiler.

I guess we disagree about the bond between Steph and Lydia. Maybe something is going on that we haven't been shown, but I have seen nothing but disdain from Steph for Lydia. She was kept as a vote I think, kept because Brooke and Margaret were there to go first. Jamie likes Lydia and I think Rafe and Lydia have a bond, but I see Steph treating Lydia as someone you take along as a number who you don't think is likely to win immunity and then you make sure and dump her by F4 because she is too-well liked to allow her to get any closer to the end. Lydia may like Steph, but that's not the same thing as a true bond. It's also possible that by now Lydia can't stand whiny stuck-up negative Steph and is just trying to stay in a good position for F4, which she has, and then hope for the best.

Lastly, I believe the new Judd is F2 spoiler because it makes sense to me. Steph wants to win the money. She doesn't want Rafe with her at the end, she wants the boy from Joisey, and she has enough leverage in this game where the two of them can probably make it happen. Rafe is getting an Ian edit.

11-05-05, 02:25 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
Yeah, I agree about Lydia. My comment would be that Rafe is the center of that alliance. One one side he has Lydia, who's attached to Jamie, and on the other he has Steph, who's attached to Judd (and Jamie, really). I think Rafe is in a very good position right now because if anyone gets cut from the alliance it will be people at the outer edges like Jamie and Cindy.

I also agree about Danni. I can't see how she'd sneak into the final four - I really can'.t

Personally, I hate to think that Steph and Judd are the final 2. Steph is SOO whiny this season and Judd is arrogant and disgusting. I would much rather see Rafe and Lydia as the final 2, IMHO. So I'm hoping Rafe wises up and convinces Lydia (and possible Cindy, who already dislikes Judd) to boot him at final five. That's my only hope.

11-05-05, 03:55 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
fallingtogether, exactly, Rafe is in a great position for the reasons you mentioned. Unfortunately for the underdogs in the "minority 3" -- Rafe is the most motivated to change things from a human perspective but has no motivation right now from a game perspective, as he is solid for F4 or better if he does nothing.

Rafe's obstacles in the game come at F4/F3 when he doesn't have a good shot at immunity and no one will bring him to F2 unless I misjudge Steph, Lydia, and Judd greatly. OTOH, every player left is better at physical or endurance challenges than Rafe, even Lydia, so switching allies won't fix his endgame problem at all other than in a moral sense.

This is going to be a huge test of character for Rafe, who is in bed with some ugly people. At least Ian was aligned with a perfectly nice group of people any of whom deserved to go far--and he still cracked.

11-05-05, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
OFG, couldn't agree more with your assessments at this point. I see BJ as the next inevitable boot, and then, thankfully, Jamie. I sure hope Gary can hang on and weasel his way back in via Rafe/Lydia. I see Steph indeed hanging on to Judd over Rafe...sure wish Rafe would wake up and see it too, but he won't.

Fp

PS. What is the King Neptune spoiler regarding Jamie, I missed it!

11-05-05, 04:23 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
Flowerpower, if you agree as to this next couple boots that makes me feel pretty good. I too would like to see Gary get back in, I would like to see someone besides Steph calling the shots and I like Gary. Dunno, though, she has really been successful in imposing her will on the group. Gary needs immunities!

>PS. What is the King Neptune
>spoiler regarding Jamie, I missed it!

http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/S11/cast.htm
Given credence by Phoenix and TDT, quote from Phoenix:

Sucks poster King Neptune reports that Jamie misses Family/Loved Ones Visit.

Sucks post from King Neptune:
http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessage?topicID=18646.topic

Anyway, the last bit of information that I received was that Jamie's brother receives a ticket to Guatemala, but that Jamie's voted off before his brother gets to go. So Jamie does make merge.

Scroll down the thread and read the cryptic interchange between Wezzie and ToothofTime about "end of the line" for Jamie. Then see TOT's post:

I heard that Jamie acted like a Cretin. He win's a Food Challenge. He get's to go to the front of the line where the food is the best.Then he get's Conscience-Stricken and decides he does have Scruples and goes to the "end of the line," where the food is not so good. They then vote him off next.

TOT is a new poster, but as you can read he has been in correspondence with Wezzie and she is taking his spoiler seriously. It's a very specific spoiler and sounds good to me.
TOT posted a month ago that Jamie acts like a cretin -- and that was a bit early to know that just from watching the show.

Does that help, Flowerpower? I didn't realize the Jamie spoiler wasn't common discussion here. The questions on timing have been twofold:

1) when is the Family Visit, as it can take place from F8 to F5, more commonly F6 or F7.

2) In the past we have seen that the family member of the bootee just prior to the FV actually flies out but doesn't get to participate. Jamie's brother got a ticket but didn't go. That's usually two episodes prior to the FV RC. Hard to say this time because it's not a long flight to Guatemala in comparison to the South Pacific, Palau, Thailand, or Australia and less lead time is needed.

We now have a family visit spoiler for Gary (FWIW) and have had them for Danni, Gary, Judd, and Cindy for some time, a visit spoiler for everyone who may go soon (Steph/Rafe/Lydia aren't going anywhere), so I'm thinking the RC is F7. That puts Jamie out at F8.

The reward described doesn't really jibe with the reward this week. The Jamie reward sounds a bit like the one in ASS where Rupert won and got to pick the pecking order for dining, only Rupert decided to have the best and favor his alliance. We would expect no less from Jamie, right? But the spoiler says he decides to clean up his act, maybe knowing he's on thin ice. Too little too late, and he's toast (if TOT is right).

11-05-05, 04:44 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
Flowerpower, if you agree as to this next couple boots that makes me feel pretty good.

Right back atcha, OFG!

We now have a family visit spoiler for Gary (FWIW) and have had them for Danni, Gary, Judd, and Cindy for some time, a visit spoiler for everyone who may go soon (Steph/Rafe/Lydia aren't going anywhere), so I'm thinking the RC is F7. That puts Jamie out at F8.

So, to sum it up we have spoilers indicating that Danni, Gary, Judd, Cindy will all have family members attending the FV episode, and we are assuming that Steph/Rafe/Lydia will as well. That's great! No, somehow I missed those! I had heard spoilers for Cindy, Judd, and Danni, and I think Steph, but never one for Gary! Great news. I agree, I think the FV reward will most likely be F7 with Jamie out at F8. I'll look for this.

11-05-05, 10:51 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
OFG, FP,

Nice job explaining the family visit spoilers.

Just reading between the lines in your posts I wanted to throw something out.

If the family visit is Episode 6 and not Episode 7, which is consistant with past seasons and the relative who doesn't get on a plane, Lydia would have to be the prime episode 7 target.

I agree that, Rafe and Steph, who do not have spoiled family visits are not going anywhere, but IMHO with Lydia's edit she could go anywhere in the 4 to 7 range.

I don't really keep up on the spoilers so there may be some reason why Lydia can't go at 7.

So feel free to ignore.

11-07-05, 05:37 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
Re the Gary spoiler:
here is the link that TDT has posted now:
http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessage?topicID=18594.topic&index=89

This post is from very early on, 9/21, and I have been aware of it, and it sounded genuine, but I don't know anything about the poster. TDT for one had Gary set as a pre-merge boot and didn't link this as a spoiler until after the spoiler came in that Brandon was the merge boot and not Gary. At this point, I give the post credence because it went against the common opinion that Gary would go early.

11-07-05, 07:13 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
Thanks for the link, OFG! So, this guy says Gary is F5! Wow, wouldn't that be something if this one turns out to ring true!

11-07-05, 10:22 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
That would be something, FP, but I'm not counting on that part of the spoiler. Buzz from family is unreliable. At this point the family visit spoiler seems to place him in F7--F5 because no one has him in a F4 spot on a bootlist that I'm aware of. I see him more as F6ish.

It seems to me a shoe-in that Steph Rafe and Lydia are 3 of the F4. Then Cindy has hometown rumors of F4 so if that is a bit off she gets to F5. With Judd or Danni as the mystery F2 person up against Steph, that puts Gary and Danni or Gary and Judd in the F6/F7 slots (not necessarily in that order). That's my read of the info being reported right now.

11-06-05, 10:13 AM (EST)
47. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
Hmmm. interesting about Jamie winning RC in Ep. 10 like Rupert did in Allstars...but he takes the ucky water...He must be getting scared after he gets votes in Ep. 8 and Ep. 9 imo.

We know Jamie can't possibly win a coconut challenge (which in A$$ was the RC that Rupert won for the food) ...so I think the coconut challenge will be for IC in Ep 10 and Cindy/Rafe/Lydia wins it. They can't wait much longer for the coconut challenge.

This reinforces for me anyway that Gary finds the hidden idol and uses it in Ep. 10 not ep. 9...when he wins II in the throwing spear challenge (or knows that BJ is a goner and takes the chance but I think it's the former) That also pushes Gary up in Steph's eyes and she gets him out at F7.

The only other person I think would find it is Jamie and he could stupidly use in in Ep. 9 just to bait BJ..but I don't think he's that stupid. Really.

11-10-05, 11:38 PM (EST)
61. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
I heard that Jamie acted like a Cretin. He win's a Food Challenge. He get's to go to the front of the line where the food is the best.Then he get's Conscience-Stricken and decides he does have Scruples and goes to the "end of the line," where the food is not so good. They then vote him off next.

Well, I'd say that ToT is really looking like he's got something we can ALL chew on! I'll bet that Jamie won't be winning any immunity challenges next week! So, this is what ToT had to say regarding the F4 and Judd:

Great job SPOILING Survivor Phoenix!
I think you have it precisely right who are the Final Two!
~Stephanie and Danni~
Three and Four.
~Rafe and Lydia~

Judd will be voted out right after the Food Auction/Family Reward Twist. I do not think we can count on him rendering Stephanie his vote.

I can't wait for this!

11-11-05, 11:58 AM (EST)
64. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
After the RC last nite, I remembered this spoiler and thought maybe Jamie would go (ToT did say vote him off next...) but then he won IC...so I think it is Jamie in ep 10 and with the title of Ep. 11 and the spoilers that everyone (but Jamie) gets a family visit...Judd is out Ep 11...

that Gary...I really don't like him...he's the snake we saw slivering down the ruins when the Yaxha 4 merged with Nakum.

11-08-05, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "TDT switched back"
Danni and Judd have switched places...again, with Danni ending up in the winner's spot. Looks like they're torn between two spoilers over there, trying to figure out whether the Danni wins spoiler has more weight than the Judd makes F2.

11-08-05, 10:43 AM (EST)
53. "RE: TDT switched back"
torn between two spoilers...feeling like a fool...(*shudder* thinks back to 70s when mom played this album)

But seriously, I think even without spoilers, based on editing, both scenarios are possible..Judd/Steph with Steph winning (although I wouldn't give up on Judd with played before card and BJ not liking Steph...ultimate snub!! and maybe Lydia gets back at her for dissing her the whole freakin' game...)

or Danni/Steph with Danni winning...

11-08-05, 11:18 AM (EST)
54. "RE: TDT switched back"
I think the next two episodes are going to be key to figuring out which spoiler has more merit.

Judd had gone onto the back burner for awhile, but he's coming back into the storyline in a negative light this week by puking in the shelter. Is this merely for misdirection, to try and throw off the viewer, or is this bringing him back to the forefront to remind the viewer why he would be targeted? His face time increasing again two episodes before his boot would fit in with prior editing patterns.

We'll also be able to see whether or not the pagonging continues, or whether there is hope for the minority. Given how CBS keeps hitting us over the head this week with the promos asking how the three can survive against 6, plus all of the foreshadowing comments about the Axis of Evil not making it to the final 6 as planned, leads me to believe that Danni making it to the endgame is the more likely scenario. CBS is playing it all up this week as misdirection - since BJ is toast toast toast - but then we'll be set up for the remaining 2 to last longer than expected.

11-08-05, 11:23 AM (EST)
55. "RE: TDT switched back"
LAST EDITED ON 11-08-05 AT 11:42 AM (EST)

It seems the discrepancy comes from dueling Judd spoilers. One spoiler says that Stephenie goes to F2 with the guy from New Jersey. The other says that Judd gets voted out after winning the family visit reward (and taking Stephenie and Cindy along).

ETA links:

yofox02 says the former.

ToothOfTime says the latter.

11-08-05, 12:00 PM (EST)
56. "RE: TDT switched back"
Looking at the links..I'm confused is TOT's a spoiler or just spec?

And the other posters after TOT's post seem to assume the Family visit is at F6 and Gary is already gone..isn't there a spoiler that Gary gets a family visit as well as the other 6? if so, then the Family visit then be at F7.

And if so, then Gary survives another TC at F7 (is he winning IIs left and right bc no way Steph lets Gary go if he's not protected?) with Judd out at F7.

11-08-05, 12:26 PM (EST)
57. "RE: TDT switched back"
ToT claims to have sourced information but sometimes the posts read as speculation. I think this one is intended to mean that this is going to happen.

But it contradicts what yofox is saying, so...one of them is wrong (if not both of them)...

11-09-05, 01:59 PM (EST)
59. "RE: TDT switched back"
I found it interesting too that ToT said that don't count on Judd voting for Steph...

I remember pre-show, the quotes they stressed about Danni...her being a tomboy, etc. This could have been foreshadowing that she wins with all male vote 4-3 against Steph...

If Steph is pivotal in ousting Jamie and Judd, they vote Danni out of spite...BJ def a Danni vote and Gary will vote his heart and vote Danni...

Heck Danni could get the other 3 votes too based on how Steph gets to F2...if Steph's "soldiers" Rafe Lydia Cindy vote out Jamie and Judd and she goes along bc what else is she to to do then--what does Steph do for her F2 partner? Does she somehow help Danni get there hoping to get the Nakum vote and win 5-2 against Danni...if the final 5 is Steph, Danni, Cindy, Lydia and Rafe, could she throw a IC or two Danni's way to keep her in?
Steph knows she can't win against Rafe and Lydia...and maybe not Cindy.

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-05, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GuessItRains Click to send private message to GuessItRains Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: TDT switched back"
Frankly, if Judd goes at F7 (with Jamie going at F8), the most likely scenario would seem to be that a true reversal has taken place, with presumably Rafe/Lydia/Cindy switching to join Gary/Danni after the BJ boot in voting out the current majority cartel of Steph/Judd/Jamie. In that case, Steph (not Gary) may be the one out of power who goes on an immunity run.

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-05, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
And of course, Jamie is the biggest pecker of them all.

"Speaking of Draco, he has serious issues, still, the little snot." - kathliam

NoSeeUms 4 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-05, 09:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NoSeeUms Click to send private message to NoSeeUms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
We will see if what TOT said about Jamie happens. If so I am going to go with what he says. He has the final four in Specs SS board, dated back early October.

He also thinks Danni get's an envelope instead of the idol?

11-11-05, 07:03 AM (EST)
62. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
Some post ep-9 observations on pecking order:

1) Obviously, tonight we saw the 6 revise the boot order according to new threat assessment. Gary is playing the game heavily according to Steph, game mindset has now moved up over sheer brawn as a threat. Danni has practically gone UTR, was assessed behind Gary and Jamie. If she makes a move or wins IC, that could change in a heartbeat, but right now she is semi-safe for a bit.

2) Steph made a comment to Judd that if he finds the idol he's pretty much set for F4. Not F2 or F3, although she showed this episode how much she likes him. She seemed to be rooting for him to find the idol.

I read her comment to show that Judd understands Rafe and most likely Lydia are ahead of him in the alliance. Therefore he would have needed the hidden idol at F5 if the F5 target won immunity -- the vote would have fallen on Judd. Whatever Steph intends or wishes for with respect to Judd, it appears they haven't made a F2 pact YET.

3) Cindy was on the outside of all the strategizing but Lydia is included. She is considered disposable, nothing new there, just more demonstration of her position on the margins.

4) Jamie and Judd were shown listening to BJ's warnings that Steph is wrapping them around her finger and next thing they know she and her million dollar smile have won. However, due to Gary finding the idol, we won't be seeing Tarzan and the Apes as a power of 3 this season. But we were shown that Jamie and Judd understood the danger of Steph/Rafe and that they will need to do something relatively soon. Except Jamie is toast.

5) Rafe is very confident he can change things around.

6) Lydia is confident in the plan of the 6. Per the teaser, that's about to change. Lydia annoys the hell out of me. I don't like her damn chipperness and she is getting cocky.

7) Gary is good. Too bad they are all set on offing him and no one is trying to get together with him to overthrow Steph.

11-11-05, 08:14 AM (EST)
63. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
Great observations, OFG!

I was waiting for Gary to make a speech about Judd the liar at TC, before he whipped out his hidden idol.

About Gary...I do think the biggest reason that he moved up in the order was Jamie's claim that he told him he was voting him out. That misunderstanding pushed Gary to the front of the line. I think if he exposes Judd as a liar, and Jamie as an idiot, he could outlast them both. Steph saw Judd's lying in action, and the ease in which he denied it at TC. That has to make her nervous.

Gary throwing his vote at Cindy was brilliant. Danni voting for Steph, not so much. It'll be interesting to see how Steph responds to getting votes. Steph is quite cocky right now, and while BJ tried to point that out, I think the others are too under her spell to make any moves against her.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-05, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
65. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
I don't think we can conclude that Steph is telling Judd anything about his position in the alliance when she mentions the idol could mean F4 to him. It only means that the idiol has to be used by that time so it cannot help him to F2.
Also I understood that the only thing Rafe wants to change about the game his Jaime not a complete flip over to Gary and Danni.
Gary throwing a vote to Cindy is brilliant only if she thinks it comes from one of her alliance. Since they seemed to have an established plan to boot BJ if Gary had the idol, she'll know it is one of the 3 others that voted for her and it will make it harder to get her away from the axis of evil.

11-11-05, 03:50 PM (EST)
66. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
well, I thought the F4 comment was telling because Steph and Judd were all alone. If they have a F2 pact there is no reason to put it that way. If there's a real pact, makes more sense to say the idol gets you to F4 and then you and I have a shot at pulling off our plan.

By voting for Cindy and throwing his vote away, Gary was letting it be known that he has distanced himself from the NuYaxha survivors and is open to new alliances. At the same time he didn't turn on BJ, first juror. Gary's problem is that he thinks all too well and that strength is setting off alarms.

My comment about Rafe's confidence is to point out that Rafe feels strong. He is not talking like someone who merely says "yes Steph, whatever you say Steph" as it might appear. This indicates that when Rafe does decide to change the order he thinks he can pull it together and this independent thinking on Rafe's part may well come into play if Judd is not destined for F2.

I don't see any signs that Steph has wooed Lydia or Cindy into her personal camp and I have a sense that Rafe knows he could get their ear in a pinch. BJ said that Steph "has Rafe"; through Rafe she controls the non-power players of the alliance--L/C. Rafe is perceived as weak, but in a mental game we may see that Rafe is playing Steph. (Too bad he has to win F3 immunity or he's toast)

11-13-05, 05:40 PM (EST)
67. "RE: Pecking order revealed."
true, this is such a great thread topic, don't want to let it slide down the page:

Re Judd:
Here we have Brandon's take from Survivor Live:

Caller: Brandon, why didn't you guys vote out Judd? He's so stinking annoying. I don't know how he could be a doorman.

BB: Judd was pretty tight with Stephenie, was the whole deal. She had his back. He had her back. So, I don't think Judd was going to be going anywhere.

Finally some direct confirmation that Steph is protecting Judd (and vice versa). Of course this is subject to change, but if Judd is going soon I definitely wonder if Steph's current allies override the Queen without targeting her. Not an easy trick to boot the boss's favorite and still work with said boss to the end. I don't foresee a Rotu-style turnover by the underdogs simply because Brandon and BJ made it clear that Steph would be the number one target if that happened, and I believe Steph is F2 or better.

11-13-05, 07:50 PM (EST)
68. "Brandon quotes from Survivor Live"
LAST EDITED ON 11-13-05 AT 07:58 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-13-05 AT 07:51 PM (EST)

Since Tom Westman specifically asked a pecking order question and Brandon appears to give straightforward answers, I'm going to copy some longish quotes over that I think are useful:

TW: What alliances exist within the alliances that are so obvious on TV? Between those 6 that are voting, who's the power 3 or the power 4? Who is on the outside?

BB: The way I saw it, I was thinking that Stephenie is probably number 1. I was thinking that Judd was number two. And then, Rafe, I thought fit in probably at number 3. And then maybe Jamie but Jamie was working down the ladder to tell you the truth. People were getting annoyed by him. And then Lydia and then Cindy. That's the way I saw it.
DR: Is there something that they can do or does the tribe of 6 have to fall apart on their own?

BB: Yeah, you're right. It more like something that the tribe of 6 would have to do. They'd have to annoy each other and Jamie and Judd may be doing that, like agitating the rest of the tribe. Like, Gary and Danni and Bobby Jon can probably help trigger them and agitate them more. Like what Brian did with Blake and agitating everyone else.

TW: Your strategy is, you fall back and make sure that you're not the first of the weaker alliance to go. The same way Caryn was able to hang around in Palau. Just not offending and just laying low and wait til this thing shakes up. Eventually they're going to be at each other's throats. We've had 11 seasons of seeing that happen and you just gotta not be the guy who was in your position. That wasn't because of strategizing, it was because of physical threat. They said, "Let's get rid of the young guys who are going to be able to beat us in a physical challenge." You just gotta hang in there just a little longer. We might get two predictable boots over the next two weeks.

BB: You're right. It takes a few days to work yourself in but you can work yourself in no matter how strong their alliance is.

DR: You gotta work yourself in, not with the top dog but with those people that, when you get the pecking order, are number 5 and 6. Say, "Hey, you're not going to the final 3 or 4, join with us 3 and let's turn it around." Those are the people they gotta target. We're talking about the people that are maybe going to self-destruct and disintegrate.

Somewhere I posted (I think it was up this thread, but it's been awhile that Danni was set to make it through as the last minority member on the bootlist. In the quote from SL, Tom is talking about that strategy, and clearly Danni is the only one who can approach the game that way at this point because Brandon and BJ are gone and Gary is very much on the boot radar. Danni is the one who can go farther if she just "hangs in there" until the self-destruction sets in.

As Brandon notes with his ladder metaphor: people move themselves DOWN the list by their own actions. As Tom says, the smart thing to do instead of trying too hard to work yourself UP (which would attract attention) is to lay low while people work their way down the pecking order until you're on a higher rung thanks to their stupidity.

Well illustrated with some fortuitious irony by the restaurant reward where five people ate better as a result of Jamie demoting himself!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •