The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"See-BS Misdirection for Episode 8"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-28-05, 00:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"See-BS Misdirection for Episode 8"
Survivors learn that there is an Immunity idol hidden in the Guatemalan jungle, and the hunt begins.

Given the choice to feast or challenge, several castaways choose to enjoy a large feast in front of the others instead of competing for Immunity. Is this a smart move, or will their hunger be their demise?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: See-BS Misdirection for Episode... Loquatrix 10-28-05 1
 RE: See-BS Misdirection for Episode... Flowerpower 10-28-05 2
 RE: See-BS Misdirection for Episode... true 10-28-05 3
   RE: See-BS Misdirection for Episode... Estee 10-28-05 4
       RE: See-BS Misdirection for Episode... Brownroach 10-28-05 5
           RE: See-BS Misdirection for Episode... Estee 10-28-05 6
           RE: See-BS Misdirection for Episode... mimo 10-28-05 7
               RE: See-BS Misdirection for Episode... Estee 10-28-05 8
                   RE: See-BS Misdirection for Episode... mimo 10-28-05 9
                       RE: See-BS Misdirection for Episode... Dakota 11-01-05 17
                           RE: See-BS Misdirection for Episode... Bebo 11-01-05 18
       RE: See-BS Misdirection for Episode... emydi 10-28-05 10
           RE: See-BS Misdirection for Episode... Brownroach 10-28-05 11
               RE: See-BS Misdirection for Episode... emydi 10-28-05 12
 eyemail forehead 10-31-05 13
   RE: eyemail architecturegirl 10-31-05 14
   RE: eyemail tribephyl 10-31-05 15
   RE: eyemail Brownroach 10-31-05 16
       RE: eyemail montanagirl 11-01-05 19
           RE: eyemail Brownroach 11-01-05 20
               RE: eyemail mimo 11-01-05 21
               RE: eyemail montanagirl 11-01-05 22
                   RE: eyemail NineTen 11-03-05 23
                       RE: eyemail Brownroach 11-03-05 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-28-05, 00:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: See-BS Misdirection for Episode 8"
I wonder why it's an idol that's hidden. Does this signify it's a tribal prize? I wonder if it might be something like... in addition to individual immunity being competed for as we learn in this thread, there may also be a tribal immunity which the finder can choose to share with members of his "Nu" tribe or give to members of his old tribe?

It seems like we need a mix-up event right around now, to challenge people to decide whether they're sticking with the Nu tribes or flipping back to the original ones. We have merged at 6-4 NuNakum to NuYaxha, but the original tribes are represented 5 and 5. Will everyone be so sick of Judd that they boot him, because NuNakum will still have the 5-4 advantage? And would Gary then flip to NuNakum to rejoin Steph's four, to pick off Brandon, Bobby Jon, Danni and Cindy in turn? OMG OMG OMG, anything could happen!

This is a great season.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-28-05, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: See-BS Misdirection for Episode 8"
Given the choice to feast or challenge, several castaways choose to enjoy a large feast in front of the others instead of competing for Immunity. Is this a smart move, or will their hunger be their demise?

The 2 ape boys probably decide to eat....will it lead to their demise? Probably not! Darn it!

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-05, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: See-BS Misdirection for Episode 8"
So, there are TWO chances for immunity this episode? These descriptions sound like separate challenges to me. Or not. Hmmm...

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-05, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: See-BS Misdirection for Episode 8"
What if it's one normal II challenge, plus the idol/doll that just stays in the jungle until someone finds it? There was a theory about a one-use 'Get out of vote free' card floating around. The necklace is up for grabs as usual, but the doll finder can pull it out at any TC where s/he's ousted and say 'Sorry, that vote doesn't count: go back and do it again'?

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-05, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: See-BS Misdirection for Episode 8"
That's how I think it will work.

In that case, I wonder if one of the people who opts for the feast has already found the idol.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

10-28-05, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: See-BS Misdirection for Episode 8"
Well, we know one thing about the idol: it's small. The winner has to conceal on their person with no chance of discovery: otherwise, there wouldn't be much point in voting that person out. It has to come as a surprise -- so it has to be easy to hide.

Either that or you get a little card that reads 'I Found MB's Next Stupid Twist', which can be redeemed at any time.

mimo 563 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-05, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mimo Click to send private message to mimo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: See-BS Misdirection for Episode 8"
that would fit in with the episode 9 title (can't remember the full thing, but it had idol surprise in there.) maybe someone finds it in episode 8, but keeps this a secret and uses it to avoid getting voted out in episode 9.

would it work the same way we were speculating that rafe's immunity vote would work--they only pull it out after the votes are read (in which case the second runner up ends up getting booted)?

10-28-05, 11:19 AM (EST)
8. "RE: See-BS Misdirection for Episode 8"
I'd imagine it would be pulled out after the votes were read -- 'I have foiled your evil plot, foul villains!' -- but I don't know if they'd go to the second-place votee for the ouster. We still don't know what they would have done if Brian had been immune 'cause we never got the chance to find out.

10-28-05, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mimo Click to send private message to mimo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: See-BS Misdirection for Episode 8"
it seems somehow unfair to pull it out after voting, but then again it would make for an interesting twist since it could avoid a pagonging post-merge.

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-05, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: See-BS Misdirection for Episode 8"
It could be pulled out before the vote at TC. It would still shake things up if people came to TC with plans to vote for the holder of immunity. If it was pulled out like the Rafe/Gary immunity, I would hope for a second vote for bootee.

Cygnus Artistry
Charter Member: Club Anti-DAW

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-05, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: See-BS Misdirection for Episode 8"
A second vote right away with no chance to confer with alliance-mates? Could be loaded with fireworks.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-05, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: See-BS Misdirection for Episode 8"
I still think RCs in the next weeks should give hints to where it is...like they have done for tribal rewards in past...

Then the people who win rewards, would be followed around....

and as for the use of the hidden idol post vote...I still think it should be a revote if it used, just as I thought if Brian had one immunity it should have been a revote and AMy would have gone in ep. 6.

Unless they are specifically told that if the person uses it, the 2nd place person will be ousted. However, I don't like this idea, bc then the hidden immunity finder, could control with ONE VOTE who goes.

Say Jamie finds it, he finds out/or has a feeling he is being targeted by the whole tribe and all the votes go to him...and he votes for his nemesis BJ and the votes are 8-1 or whatever. Then Jamie pulls out the hidden idol and says PSYCH...you lose BJ...and poor BJ is ousted again unfairly....

10-28-05, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: See-BS Misdirection for Episode 8"
But nowhere does it say the contestants have to vote in blocs. They just do, because it's strategic. But MB doesn't have to take that into consideration when coming up with these rules.

There might be four or five people getting votes at a TC. So would it really be unfair to say the person with the second highest number of votes would have to leave? Even if they only got one vote, they DID get ONE VOTE.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-05, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: See-BS Misdirection for Episode 8"
Oh, I didn't say it won't happen at EPMB's request...I just don't like it...and I think if anyone is going to get screwed it will just have to be BJ...that poor boy...

what I found odd yesterday and I think I agree with Rosie that when BJ said he wants to make the jury....he just told us he is out at F9...

His comment is in contrast to everyone else that has every played the game who say that they want to win....BJ may have said he wants to win but that was not shown...only the part about making the jury...

I still think it will come down to Jamie V. BJ, and up to hearing his "I have a dream (to be on the jury) conf. last nite, I thought Bj would win this battle (at least delay his boot one week with the help of Steph--esp. after Steph's comments about a clash btw her and Jamie)but probably BJ is out at F9 b4 Jamie.

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-31-05, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "eyemail"

Final 4 and the next ones off...

architecturegirl 227 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-31-05, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail architecturegirl Click to send private message to architecturegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: eyemail"
Hmmm....VERY interesting thought! Quite possible.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-05, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: eyemail"
Well, that is an interesting thought.

I don't know if thats true or not but I can say one thing for sure ... By their non-admission, Jamie and Judd should be safe this week.

10-31-05, 04:29 PM (EST)
16. "RE: eyemail"
"And tempers continue to flair at camp." (rolls eyes)

montanagirl 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-01-05, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail montanagirl Click to send private message to montanagirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: eyemail"
>"And tempers continue to flair at
>camp." (rolls eyes)

Brownroach - are you implying that those whose tempers 'flair' will also have torches that stay lit...meaning that they will be safe for another few days?

-montanagirl

11-01-05, 02:35 PM (EST)
20. "RE: eyemail"
No, montanagirl, I'm only implying that the word the illiterate CBS copywriter should have used is flare.

Unless the contestants are throwing Magic Markers at each other.

11-01-05, 02:55 PM (EST)
21. "RE: eyemail"
now that would make for an interesting immunity challenge....

montanagirl 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-01-05, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail montanagirl Click to send private message to montanagirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: eyemail"
Ahhh...lovely. CBS is really on the ball. (Me too, for that matter! LOL. )

Maybe they will have a challange that requires survivors to cover themselves in flair. The person with the most pieces of flair when time is up wins reward!! A trip to TGI Fridays!! Instead of "Man UP", we have "Flair UP"

-montanagirl

NineTen 986 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-03-05, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NineTen Click to send private message to NineTen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: eyemail"
BR, dont be surprised by that, there are grammatical errors ALL OVER the CBS website:
"ovarall" instead of overall and last time they even misspelled survivor as "surviver"
But they sure did get the E right in StephEnie!

11-03-05, 01:57 PM (EST)
24. "RE: eyemail"
Oh, I'm not surprised, NineTen. I just enjoy pointing out their mistakes.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •