The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep. 6 - "State of the Spoilers" - Survivor Guatemala"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-19-05, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep. 6 - "State of the Spoilers" - Survivor Guatemala"
LAST EDITED ON 10-19-05 AT 03:33 PM (EST)

”Big Ball, Big Mouth, Big Trouble!”

Episode 6

Welcome to the sixth "State of the Spoiling" for the Survivor Guatemala. First, I would like to remind everybody of our Spoiler Guidelines. These guidelines are here for a reason – to make the place more friendly and fun as well as organized.

To read strid333's most excellent Ep. 5 SOTS go Here.

Also, in case you missed it, you can catch up on last week's epidsode in either Idiotcowboy's Ep. 5 Summary or in the East Coast Update Thread here. Otherwise, here's my quick summary:

Previously, on Survivor Guatemala … Upon returning from Tribal Council after voting 26-year-old Law Student Brooke Struck off, Judd felt compelled to explain his rationale for voting his old tribemate off to Margaret. “We’re all here to win a million” he says. “The only people I care about are my wife and kids” … yadda, yadda, yadda. “He’s a traitor,” Margaret concludes.

Over at Yaxha, it’s fun and games. Amy comments on how she's never been camping nor has ever spent any time outside of the Big City of Boston, making light of the fact that she is surrounded by Cowboys and “Farmboys.” Little does she know, that it is exactly the Farmboys Brandon and Bobby Jon who will lead the Yaxha tribe to victory at the Reward Challenge, badly defeating Nakum’s Jamie before he even completes his first task. The Reward is a floating croc-proof swim area complete with decking, lounge chairs, margaritas, guacamole dip and chips. Needless to say, the Yaxha tribe is very happy and celebrates their big victory in their new swimming pool.

The Nakum tribe however, is very sad indeed. Jamie takes responsibility for the loss. Judd pats him on the head and says, “no problem, us guys have to stick together.” Stephanie however, is especially mad at Jamie and complains about always being on the “Loser” tribe. “It’s breaking my heart,” she says as she boo hoos into the camera. “But, as Gawd is my witness, I’ll never let ‘em lick me again.”

Meanwhile, over at Yaxha, Amy names Blake “Golden Boy.” It seems that Golden Boy likes nothing better than to talk about his glamorous escapades and his girlfriend’s Double “D”-size knockers. This offends Danni and some of the others. Brian takes note and works his magic by baiting Blake into continuing to brag about himself. Oh, the horror, when Jamie and Company defeat the Yaxha tribe in the “Catapult Catch” Immunity Challenge. The Yaxha’s march off to TC and low and behold, the Golden Boy is toast. Even Bobby Jon, who said he would “not vote for Blake,” has voted his old tribemate off.

In summary, the “Hidden Boot” theme continues as Blake was voted off by Yaxha. So long Blake, we will miss your good looks and buff body around camp, that is for sure!

To get a better grasp of Blake’s thoughts and some fabulous insight into tribal dynamics and camp life, catch Brown Roach’s thread about Blake’s appearance on the CBS The Early Show Here and his thread about Blake's "Survivor Live" transcripts Here.

Want to read what Past Survivor’s Kathy, Ethan, Jenna M., Katie, Ian, Coby and Scout have to say about last week’s episode? Check out this link over at CBS: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor11/show/ep05/strikeback.php

Now, onto this week’s episode "Big Ball, Big Mouth, Big Trouble". Check out the speculation as to what this title refers to in Forehead’s Thread Here. Most peeps know that the "Big Ball" refers to the Reward Challenge where a giant 7' ball is used. TVGuide shows us this in their recent article:

The Big Ball is probably placed at the starting point and the first 2-man team to push it across a finish line wins. We know that there are multiple heats for this challenge as we see different pairs going against each other in the Vidcaps.

As for the “Big Mouth,” there was alot of speculation regarding who this could be. At first, many Spoilers thought it referred to Danni. Then the Vidcaps showed up. With the pics of Jamie vs. BJ chest-to-chest bumping and screaming, we are now speculating that most likely, this is referring to Jamie, who has used his big mouth to instigate a conflict with BJ.....but will it lead to Big Trouble?

The answer is Yes! The TV Guide preview last week confirms that there are indeed, TWO survivors that will be voted off this week as it is a DOUBLE BOOT episode!

This week, Smokedog’s SeeBS Misdirection thread gives us three riddles to answer:

1. After winning an arduous Reward Challenge, one tribe member ruins it for the rest by becoming intoxicated and obnoxious. Boy, this is a hard one! We have a vidcap of Judd hugging Steph and Rafe with a jubilant Cindy jumping up and down beside them.

We'll take that as a sign that Nakum wins the RC and gets the great feast that will in fact, include alcoholic beverages. Now, who is the most likely tribe member that could ruin it for the others by becoming intoxicated and obnoxious.....we'll guess ...

JUDD!!

2.A grueling physical challenge pushes two castaways to the breaking point, leading to a screaming match that comes close to exploding. Well, thanks to the vidcaps we think we know who these two could be...

Bobby Jon v. Jamie

However, I have to throw AppleJack93’s comparison photo in as well ...

and his quote: "As the two male sealions fight for their territory on the beach, the harem of females looks on ..."

3. In a Tribal Council first, one castaway bullies and insults a fellow tribe member despite attempts to keep the peace.

Most peeps think this must be referring to the EP Bully, NYC Doorman, Judd, who is bullying his next target/victim, Nurse Margaret. Some are also speculating that this is possibly what Jiffy was referring to in his preseason comments about a “colorful exit.” Jiffy comments were: “it was so personal and there's one in particular that is probably the most colorful exit that we've ever had. I say colorful in quotes because it's funny looking back on it but it wasn't funny to the person at the time.”
Here's our Villain Judd, tormenting poor Margaret as Jiffy looks on:

The Reward Challenge

Our Preview Thread and our Web Promo Thread help us to confirm quite a bit of speculation regarding the challenge. Here's what we do know. First, we know that there are multiple heats that include girls vs. girls, guys vs. guys, and girl/guy vs. girl/guy. We know that Brandon loses his balance at one point and lands on his keister, while Amy is literally flattened and possibly injured by the "big ball.”

We also know that BJ/Brandon go up against Jamie/Judd:

We know that Steph/Cindy go up against Danni/Amy:

We know that Judd/Steph go up against Gary/Amy:

We also know that at some point in this challenge individual immunity will be up for grabs!

Boot Speculation:

We know that at least one individual immunity will be won or possibly assigned to a Survivor because the Promos tell us so. However, we are unsure if there will even be an Immunity Challenge in this episode. First, we see no evidence of it in the vidcaps or previews. Second, because this is a “Double Boot” episode, there is speculation that there is not enough “time” in the one hour episode to show two challenges.

Therefore, some are speculating in Cowboy Roo’s Boot Thread that the tribe that wins the Reward Challenge may also win the “right” to assign immunity to a member of the opposing tribe. Because we think Nakum wins the “Big Ball” Challenge, some think that they will immunize Amy on Yaxha as she is shown in the vidcaps to be hurt and is therefore, their weakest tribe member. Others think that if Judd is indeed the “Bully” at Tribal Council, than he must feel “safe” enough to stick his neck out like that, and therefore, he could also possibly have immunity. Time will tell who is right and who is wrong. But for now, we'll name the two bootees, or should I say "Hero Twins" as:

Yaxha boots Brian* and Nakum boots Margaret

* However, IF the "Hidden Boot" theory continues, there are a few peeps speculating that it could well be BRANDON who is voted out from Yaxha, instead of Brian, but for now, the majority says it's Brian.

Finally, an absolute “MUST READ” thread this season is Veruca Salt’s Ep 6 “Big Shifts-The Players, The Game, The Editing-Guatemala” Thread. In it, we find out the latest editing highlights such as who is being set up for longevity, who is being painted as “the Villain,” who is getting sympathy, and much, much more, including analysis of each survivor’s key confessionals and quotes. I also especially enjoyed AppleJack93’s post that takes the editing one step farther – he explains how the show’s music is being used to supplement, reinforce and highlight the players, the events and the editing. And once again, K O'Brian Fan applies John Nash's Theory to this season's Survivor Guatemala identifying all of the "leaders, followers and half-breeds" and names four "followers" who could possibly win this season. Fabulous stuff that can only be found on this board!!

Lastly, find out our Board’s opinion on who the Bootees will be this week by reading Sherpa Dave’s Vote Thread. And, if you have to know who the other Internet sites are picking, then you must see Antithysis’s “Across the Board Picks” at Sucks: http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.

That's it for now. Happy Spoiling all! Thanks for being patient! I apologize for my long-windedness. Just following in the steps of F.P. and emydi!

I want to thank all of those who have gone before me with the SOTS Threads and KO'Brian Fan, Flower Power, emydi, Kraut Boy, Veruca Salt, Tribephyl, Brown Roach, Vols, ... you are my inspiration!

Scarlett

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep. 6 - "State of the Spoilers"... Flowerpower 10-19-05 1
 RE: Ep. 6 - "State of the Spoilers"... Brownroach 10-19-05 2
 RE: Ep. 6 - "State of the Spoilers"... KObrien_fan 10-19-05 3
   RE: Ep. 6 - "State of the Spoilers"... Fire Fly 10-19-05 4
 RE: Ep. 6 - "State of the Spoilers"... cqvenus 10-19-05 5
   RE: Ep. 6 - "State of the Spoilers"... Scarlett O Hara 10-19-05 7
 RE: Ep. 6 - "State of the Spoilers"... VerucaSalt 10-19-05 6
 RE: Ep. 6 - "State of the Spoilers"... redbeard103152 10-19-05 8
   RE: Ep. 6 - "State of the Spoilers"... michel 10-19-05 9
 RE: Ep. 6 - "State of the Spoilers"... strid333 10-19-05 10
 RE: Ep. 6 - "State of the Spoilers"... RudyRules 10-19-05 11
 RE: Ep. 6 - "State of the Spoilers"... kingfish 10-19-05 12
 RE: Ep. 6 - "State of the Spoilers"... LookeeLoo 10-19-05 13
 RE: Ep. 6 - "State of the Spoilers"... applejack93 10-19-05 14
 RE: Ep. 6 - "State of the Spoilers"... forehead 10-20-05 15
 Frankly my dear... Capn2patch 10-20-05 16
 RE: Ep. 6 - "State of the Spoilers"... Puffy 10-20-05 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-19-05, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep. 6 - "State of the Spoilers" - Survivor Guatemala"

Excellent, excellent SOTS, Scarlett! Just loved the Scarlett pic with Steph....how appropriate! Very thorough and informative and excellent graphics! Loved the "Jiffy" DoRight!

Hope you will continue with these, you've got the knack!

Fp

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-05, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep. 6 - "State of the Spoilers" - Survivor Guatemala"
Great job, Scarlett! I especially like Judd tying Margaret to the railroad tracks!

Oh, and a belated appreciation to strid333 for the Ep 5 SOTS, somehow I didn't get to post in that thread last week.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-05, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep. 6 - "State of the Spoilers" - Survivor Guatemala"
Super smacktabulous SOTS Scar, love the graphics and the analysis!

Fire Fly 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-19-05, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fire%20Fly Click to send private message to Fire%20Fly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep. 6 - "State of the Spoilers" - Survivor Guatemala"

Thank heaven for Scarlett! Busy week..you were my first read. Enjoyed every 'cottin' pickin' little bit'! And now I have some idea of what's going on! Great info!

Good job Scar!

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-05, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep. 6 - "State of the Spoilers" - Survivor Guatemala"

wow good job! nice, thorough SOTS!

the sucks link didn't work for me, tho.

~ cqc

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-19-05, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ep. 6 - "State of the Spoilers" - Survivor Guatemala"
LAST EDITED ON 10-19-05 AT 03:35 PM (EST)

Dear cq,

I'm on it!! It's fixed. However, that thread won't be posted by Antithysis until Thursday. So wait a day, and then check it out!

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-19-05, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ep. 6 - "State of the Spoilers" - Survivor Guatemala"
Scarlett, unlike Rhett, you certainly "gave a damn"

What a wonderful SOTS and I enjoyed the recap from last week's episode, and thank you so much for including me in such wonderful company!

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-19-05, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ep. 6 - "State of the Spoilers" - Survivor Guatemala"
The one stop place to answer all the questions just keeps getting better and better. Great job Scarlett.RedBeard

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-05, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ep. 6 - "State of the Spoilers" - Survivor Guatemala"
Great job Scarlet. Very enjoyable read

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-19-05, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ep. 6 - "State of the Spoilers" - Survivor Guatemala"
Very good SOTS!

Trick or treat. Smell my feet.

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-05, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ep. 6 - "State of the Spoilers" - Survivor Guatemala"
Woo Hoo!
Or should I say "Woo BOO!"

Nice job Scarlett!

Your defending two time college football pool champion

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-05, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ep. 6 - "State of the Spoilers" - Survivor Guatemala"
Wow, well done! You really have a knack for this stuff. I hope you will have some more contributions. Meet me in the LL bar and I'll buy you Mint Julep.

There's a smell of magnolias in the air!

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-19-05, 07:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LookeeLoo Click to send private message to LookeeLoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ep. 6 - "State of the Spoilers" - Survivor Guatemala"
Great SOTS Miss Scarlett! And funny too! Loved the graphics.

-Loo

applejack93 288 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-19-05, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail applejack93 Click to send private message to applejack93 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ep. 6 - "State of the Spoilers" - Survivor Guatemala"
Wow, two mentions in one SOTS! I'm amazed!

That was a fantastic SOTS, you should be so proud! It was fantastic!

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-20-05, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Ep. 6 - "State of the Spoilers" - Survivor Guatemala"
Great SOTS, Scar! Both visually and content wise!

Thanks, forehead

Capn2patch 2785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-20-05, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Capn2patch Click to send private message to Capn2patch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Frankly my dear..."
...That was awesome!!!

Except that the Mounties ALWAYS get their man.

Great work Scarlett.

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-05, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Ep. 6 - "State of the Spoilers" - Survivor Guatemala"
I don't always get around to reading the SOTS, but this was an excellent one, Scarlett. It was thorough and complete. It gave so much info; thanks!

One of Syren's finest

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •