The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Meredith's explanation stunk!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

RealityAddict 327 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-27-04, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityAddict Click to send private message to RealityAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Meredith's explanation stunk!"
I think Meredith's explanation (last night on the After the Rose episode)of her proposal/ring conversation with Matthew was LAME! I know why she picked Ian, and she should have b/c they are a match, BUT...I would have more respect for her if she would have told Matt she got caught up in the moment and DID see him as husband material, but that when she went on her final date with Ian it all came rushing back that she was madly in love with Ian. Why tell Matt the ring comment was her way of "feeling him out...finding out where he was?" Does she really expect him/us to buy that???

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Meredith's explanation stunk! Chiquita 02-27-04 1
   RE: Meredith's explanation stunk! drooler 02-27-04 9
 RE: Meredith's explanation stunk! ValleyGirl 02-27-04 2
 RE: Meredith's explanation stunk! AMAI 02-27-04 3
 RE: Meredith's explanation stunk! qwertypie 02-27-04 4
   RE: Meredith's explanation stunk! commentator 02-27-04 5
       RE: Meredith's explanation stunk! Loree 02-27-04 8
       RE: Meredith's explanation stunk! djandy 02-27-04 11
           RE: Meredith's explanation stunk! qwertypie 02-27-04 12
               RE: Meredith's explanation stunk! asianflow 02-28-04 18
 RE: Meredith's explanation stunk! Tiggertramp 02-27-04 6
   RE: Meredith's explanation stunk! leogirl_21 02-27-04 7
 RE: Meredith's explanation stunk! tweet 02-27-04 10
 RE: Meredith's explanation stunk! munson 02-27-04 13
   Matthew kelli_blue 02-27-04 14
   RE: Meredith's explanation stunk! minkey 02-27-04 15
       RE: Meredith's explanation stunk! danigirl334 02-27-04 16
           RE: Meredith's explanation stunk! minkey 02-27-04 17
               Two Theories: stinky explanation & ... RTVJunkie 02-29-04 19
                   RE: Two Theories: stinky explanatio... AMAI 02-29-04 20
                       RE: Two Theories: stinky explanatio... minkey 02-29-04 21
                   RE: Two Theories: stinky explanatio... debibug5 03-01-04 22
 Today on the "View" Carpe Nochas 03-01-04 23
   RE: Today on the "View" minkey 03-01-04 24
       RE: I worry about myself, too. RealityAddict 03-01-04 25
           RE: I worry about myself, too. minkey 03-01-04 27
       RE: Today on the "View" Chrissy gal 03-01-04 26
           RE: Today on the "View" qwertypie 03-01-04 28
 RE: Meredith's explanation stunk! hunterjax 03-02-04 29
   RE: Meredith's explanation stunk! minkey 03-02-04 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Chiquita 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-27-04, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chiquita Click to send private message to Chiquita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Meredith's explanation stunk!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-27-04 AT 10:47 AM (EST)

I totally agree. She seemed very embarassed also. She really had no explanation, she just kept avoiding the truth. To me it seems like maybe at that time, she really did contemplate picking Matt as she knew that he would give her a ring. Then at the last minute she turned around and picked Ian. I really felt bad for Matt last night....I kind of thought when he was sent away in the limo the other night he sounded somewhat scripted...but on last night's after the Rose episode, you could really see that he was hurt and angry...but of course he handled his anger well because that is the way he is....He did not let her off easy with that question and I am glad..there was so many times he could have ended the conversation but he didnt...he let her stammer on and try to make an excuse... He really got "the last word" on last night's episode....

drooler 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-27-04, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drooler Click to send private message to drooler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Meredith's explanation stunk!"
It wasn't just that she said she'd be honored to get a ring--the worst part was when she said she'd been trying to give him bits and pieces of her feelings for him and then that she'd just given him a huge chunk with her comment about getting a ring. Up until then I'd been sure she would choose Ian, but I got suckered in along with poor Matthew.

I think she knew Matthew was the "right" choice for husband material but couldn't get past Ian's need for her and the glam lifestyle/hot lust he offers. Remember on the Puerto Rico date when she told Matthew he was the kind of guy she'd always pushed away . . . hmmm?

ValleyGirl 377 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ValleyGirl Click to send private message to ValleyGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Meredith's explanation stunk!"
I really felt bad for all concerned, including Ian, who had to sit off stage and listen and watch it on a monitor. I agree, I think Meredith got caught up in the excitement and said something she didn't really mean and it was very embarassing both her and Ian to be there on live tv and face a very hurt Matthew who was looking for an explanation.
Valley Girl
member Team MadDog

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-27-04, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Meredith's explanation stunk!"
I think she didn't want to say her real reason, which, the phrasing she chose suggests to me, was more along the lines of trying to offer some kind of consolation prize. "I would be honored to get a ring from you" and I do agree that finding out where he was out sounds REALLY lame.

She just didn't think it through.

I'm still glad she didn't choose Matt, tho. I'm sure she wishes she hadn't said that.

I wish she had been able to tell Matt that it wasn't going to be happening with him, and to just sit down and instead of snuggling on the last date, she should have been able to take the opportunity THEN to explain to him, in a more relaxed atmosphere, why she didn't mean to give him the wrong idea, etc. Sometimes the show does force the central person to put on an act for the sake of the drama.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-27-04, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Meredith's explanation stunk!"
Unfortunately I missed the showdown but from what I gather, her explanation did not surprise me as she has taken the 'easy' (?) way out before (like her rejection of Lanny saying it was only that they did not have enough time together when the real reason was they had TOO much time together--with his mom). It was difficult to face Matt, but she had how many weeks to craft an answer? I mean she knew she would have to face him eventually. Oh well.

commentator 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-27-04, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail commentator Click to send private message to commentator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Meredith's explanation stunk!"
I see Meredith with new eyes now. She's become quite the puffed up b****. She was gushing with joy and lovey dovey with Ian at the beginning of the show without a care in the world. Then halfway through the show, Matthew comes out to confront her, and destroys her wonderful bubble. She bumbles through her explanation because she really doesn't have one. If the truth be known, she said what she said to Matt so that she could have the satisfaction of knowing he wanted her, and she deliberately used and hurt him to fill her own ego. She started to look ugly and her true colours came out then. In her answer to Matt, she was more worried about how she appeared to him and others, then how much she had hurt Matt. He's trying to get answers so that he can find a way to get over her and move on with his life while she's living in cloud nine! What makes her so special anyways? I hope Matt saw in her answer and behavior how shallow she is and that she would never have been the person he'd want to spend the rest of his life with. I think he did and that this knowledge will help him get over her.

What Ian said to Matthew was nice. For once, he spoke well. If Ian were smart, he'd see that Meredith is bad news to treat Matt the way she did. I have never understood people who think that when a person treats another badly, they won't also treat you badly. It's like when a woman who had an affair with a married man, then marries the man. Doesn't she think that he'll cheat on her too? Ah well, Ian doesn't seem like the greatest person either, so perhaps they belong together or are together for publicity sake.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Meredith's explanation stunk!"
> I have never
>understood people who think that
>when a person treats another
>badly, they won't also treat
>you badly.

So true. A great insight is watching how a person treats the people around you when you are on those first few dates. Someone that is rude and dismissive to waitresses and doormen and others is not a kind person. The guy may treat you like gold on the first date, but treat others around you badly. They will turn on you too later on.

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-27-04, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Meredith's explanation stunk!"
Well, Meredith did admit to cheating on a boyfriend, and she chose someone with a commitment phobia. It looks like Meredith is not ready to settle down, and chose (consciously or unconsciously) someone who it most likely will not work out with. I give it 2 months.

And did anybody else think M's dress was hideous? Ugh!

djandy

02-27-04, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Meredith's explanation stunk!"
Would you have expected anything less from our fashion plate?

asianflow 13 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-04, 01:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail asianflow Click to send private message to asianflow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Meredith's explanation stunk!"
Meredith showed her true colors last night. I thought she was a terrible choice to be the Bacherlotte going into the show because she was boring and average looking on the Bacherlor. And the show aired, and she didn't do the baby voice which I was thankful for, but after the final episode and last night, the true lying SOB came out. Her explanation was terrible. If she knew it was Ian early on why did she tell Matthew she wanted him to give her the ring and why did she make out with him?

This was the first season where I taped the eps instead of watching it live anf ff through a lot of stuff. Hopefully the good ol Canadian boy Jesse Palmer's one is better.

Tiggertramp 3141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-27-04, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiggertramp Click to send private message to Tiggertramp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Meredith's explanation stunk!"
I agree that she never should have said " I want a ring from you" But once it's said, what do you do? She should have said what she was really feeling in a different way.

She could not come right out then and say "Hey I am in love with this Ian guy, but you are so special to me and I have strong feelings for you too..." That is not allowed. She blew it, plain and simple. And then to explain it, and national TV in front of millions of people, talk about awkward. Horrible.

Am I excusing Meredith? No. I am just saying there is no way to take it back, there is no way to make it better. It's like hitting someone with your car, and saying your sorry. It's empty. It's a lose lose situation.

Meredith is responsible for saying something stupid she can't take back, thereby hurting a really good person. ABC really set it up for you to feel the emotions you feel.

What's the point? To feel better? WE have it easy here. We can be evil, vile, and as nasty as we want to be. WE have the luxury of hiding behind the anonymous names and no faces on a board read by whoever stumbles in here.

I give Meredith the credit of facing the music. It sure was not easy being her last night. I give her a heck of a lot of respect. She screwed up, but she faced up to it.

leogirl_21 371 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leogirl_21 Click to send private message to leogirl_21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Meredith's explanation stunk!"
I agree...her explanation was terrible! She even said that she knew she was going to pick Ian during the final date...they why not even TRY to hint toward Matthew that he may not be the one? Why get his hopes so peaked that he was SHOCKED when he wasn't chosen? I expected better from her...she was covering up and looked embarassed, good for her because she hurt him and deserved to be confronted at the least. But I do think that it must have been hard for her to do. Matthew still looked upset, sad, disappointed that Meredith did not choose him. I think, in all honesty, that he deserves much better than her. He is a great person and he deserves equal love, respect and attention in return. I say its her loss that she let a great person like Matt go....good for Ian though, he got her but to me he is still a shady person.

tweet 22 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tweet Click to send private message to tweet Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Meredith's explanation stunk!"
I first thought she had (almost) equal amount of feelings toward Mathew and Ian, I thought maybe that's why she said "I would be honored to receive a ring" because she knew Mathew would do whatever it takes. Plus the last episode showed how after the alone dates, she was "excruciatingly painful" and not wanting to have to choose one of them.

But after watching the "After the Final Rose", I was surprised to hear she said she knew early on. It did not make sense; why it would be such a difficult decision if she knew all along, and why would she said she wanted a ring.

She definitely messed up; she cannot take back what she said, and I think her explanation last night made the situation worse. I feel so bad for Mathew, he did not get the explanation he expected, and did not seem like he will be moving on soon. Why does ABC had to show the re-cap of the last rose ceremony between Mathew and Meredith, it's so sad

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Meredith's explanation stunk!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-04 AT 02:36 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-27-04 AT 06:53 PM (EST)

I really wish I could have seen this show but Survivor was on!

I flipped over a few times during commercials and was treated to a few moments of the most uncomfortable TV I've seen in a while.

Maybe I'm just not that much of a voyeur but I felt guilty for listening in on that very personal conversation.

From what little I did see, I thought Meredith was doing her best to help Matthew get over it but I was really surprised that his pain was still so raw - at least in the mometnts I witnessed. It's been a few months, hasn't it? I guess it's hard to relive those feelings every week watching the show.

I felt bad for them both. And usually come to mock, so look at that!

ETA: I'm starting to believe that there is really no chance for The Bachelor(ette) to come out of this thing clean. Has any of them survived with dignity, integrity, etc. intact? For me, Bob and Trista are prime examples of this phenomenon. Both very likable before they took on the starring role. After it's over...not so much.

Edited 'cause I called Trista Christa!

kelli_blue 301 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kelli_blue Click to send private message to kelli_blue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Matthew"
Matthew looked VERY uncomfortable and even mad during Meredith's explanation. I really felt bad for him, because he is still hurt.

minkey 231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-27-04, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minkey Click to send private message to minkey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Meredith's explanation stunk!"
I agree with AMAI. I think she was trying to tell him how special he was to her and used the most unfortunate wording ever. Who hasn't blown it and then not been able to dig-out??The difference was that this was on TV in front of millions. I honestly believe her intentions weren't bad... She just blew it. Then of course the powers that be wouldn't let her undo it. She said she wanted to tell him everything that final night.

Her explaination seemed inadequate and really painful. She felt like crap and I don't think it was just for her own ego. Her conversation with Matt was directed at him, not the cameras. She blew it, but that doesn't make her a bad person or even dishonest. I think part of her fumbling for the explaination was being flustered by everything and unsettled by Matt's obvious anger.

I'm sure that part of her horrible explaination was to soften things for Ian, too. She was trying to minimize what her words to Matthew really meant to her. I think much of what she said was filtered through the lense of a new relationship. I don't think she really understood her true feelings for Ian until the end.

I'll admitt it sounded bad, but I think there are reasons besides Meredith being a wicked B$$ch for her fumblings.

danigirl334 1 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail danigirl334 Click to send private message to danigirl334 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Meredith's explanation stunk!"
I totally agree with you about her response being softened for Ian. I think she had very strong feelings for both men and she really believed she was going to choose Matthew at the moment that she said that about the ring. But then she changed her mind and she couldn't take back her comments to Matthew.

During the 'After' show, she was trying to say that Ian was the one all along, but it seemed like she was just saying that because Ian had said he knew when he got out of the limo. But during the episodes, it seemed more like she was in love with both of them and didn't make up her mind until the very end, but how would you say that to Matthew without hurting Ian? I think that's why she didn't have a very good answer for Matthew. But what do I really know? - only what the editors chose to give us.

Overall, I think she was trying to be sincere and was not trying to play Matthew. But she just made a mistake, like we all do. I hope she and Ian can get past it and all the other obstacles that can halt a new relationship. And I hope Matthew can get over his hurt soon. I was surprised he grilled Meredith so much in the 'After' show since he was such a gentlemen in the FRC. I was surpised he hadn't gotten past it more after 2 months. It really put a damper on the reuniting of Ian and Meredith.

02-27-04, 10:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minkey Click to send private message to minkey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Meredith's explanation stunk!"
That's how I see it! You could tell by her interactions with Matthew how much she cared for him and how hard it was to say good-bye. I think she was totally put on the spot and was trying to do the best she could by both of them in the 'after show'. After all, she did agree to speak to Matthew without Ian there - which shows she cares. You could see how flustered she was trying to respond. I think it had more to do with starting a relationship with Ian on the right foot than blowing-off Matt's intense questions.

RTVJunkie 2 desperate attention whore postings

02-29-04, 00:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RTVJunkie Click to send private message to RTVJunkie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Two Theories: stinky explanation & shady Ian"
1. I think Meredith was pressured by the producers to tell Matthew that she "would be honored to have a ring from him". The show has to build a case for both men. And, it is Meredith's job to deliver the material they need. So, under this pressure, the pace of the show, the emotions involved, she slipped up by not weighing the consequences of her statment at that time. And, by the way, "honored" does not exactly mean "want". So, at the time, she probably justified in her mind that she was not exactly lying or leading Matthew on.

Furthermore, if you were listening carefully to the After the Rose program, you would have heard her tell Matthew "it's tv". This occured at a time when she was visibly flustered and the cameras did a good job of fading out so the tv audience would not focus on her comment. She was put in a difficult situation - either destroy the show's credibility or compromise her own reputation. We have watched her through two Bachelor shows and she has always come across as deliberate and a good communicator. So, this is the only logical explanation that I can find for her illogical explanation to Matthew.

2. I think Ian is loaded and comes from a prominant family. That explains his excuse of not wanting his parents to meet Meredith on national tv. And, it justifies why he is not working, traveling, and his brother has a very nice loft in NYC. If he was protecting his family's name and privacy, this makes him less shady and more attractive to Meredith.

I just have to add that his proposal was totally cheesy. Who wants a proposal that starts off "Baby, I'm so scared..." If he really "trusted his instincts" he would not have been so scared. I don't think he is ready for marriage because he does not know what he wants.

What do you think???

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings

02-29-04, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Two Theories: stinky explanation & shady Ian"
First, a shout-out to minkey, who agrees with me! Woo!

Reality TVJunky, I think there is definitely something to your idea about the producers having had a hand in pushing Meredith towards saying something about a ring to Matthew. She was umming alot when she said it to, broken sentence fragments. Like she didn't know how to segue to the required material.

I do think the show does everything it can to make it appear as a close race between the final 2. Meredith was able to help out naturally, because she really was torn between two different paths. She had no true doubt as to the feelings of the men, but I think she was struggling between doing "what's expected" (i.e., settle down with someone "stable") and doing what she really wanted to do (i.e., have a wild romance and see if some kind of long-term relationship could be fashioned from it.

However, she may have been more sure of which path she was more interested in taking, somewhat sooner than the producers wanted her to be, so she had to trowel on the uncertainty and say things to Matt that gave him a misleading idea. And we saw how skeptical he was. He was all, "really?" "You're sure?" Obviously it was quite a leap in her response to him, from what had gone before.

And even if they do break up, I sincerely think that Mere would not regret having gone for it with Ian and given it her best shot.

I've agreed for ages about Ian's background, that it's not shady, but very conscious of publicity and privacy. I mean for one thing, it's just not a good idea to let the general public know that you're a wealthy family, if only because of the threat of blackmail, kidnapping, ransom, etc.

02-29-04, 10:19 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Two Theories: stinky explanation & shady Ian"
AMAI - I'm with you girlie!

I can see two scenarios to explain Ian and his family:

1. They are total wealthy WASPs and extremely repressed about emotional things. His parent's found his going on the show to be silly, embarrassing and frivolous and didn't want to be a part of it. (His brother seemed really skeptical, to say the least.) This would also help to explain Ian's reserve and inability and fear to articulate his feelings.

2. His parents are eccentric and Ian didn't want to throw that at the nation and Meredith on tv.

I felt that Ian was totally overwhelmed by the whole thing and couldn't believe it was happening so quickly. After years of self-protection and emotional repression - falling in love, on tv no less, felt totally strange and probably surreal. At the 'after show', when he'd had time to digest everything, he seemed much more open, calm, articulate and together.

Who knows if they'll make it. I'm sure she made the right choice, though.

debibug5 2 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-04, 07:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail debibug5 Click to send private message to debibug5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Two Theories: stinky explanation & shady Ian"
I'm sure i've missed it somewhere in one of these forums, but did Ian ever say where his parents lived? Is that why they are going to Brazil?

Carpe Nochas 5 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-04, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Carpe%20Nochas Click to send private message to Carpe%20Nochas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Today on the "View""
Meredith and Ian were today on the “View” and the very first question was about this conversation with Matt.
Ladies poked around a lot and basically Meredith confessed that she got caught up in a moment and that there was an influence from the producers. She wanted to tell Matt what was going on, especially on the last date, but wasn’t allowed. Ian had also mentioned that a lot of things were not shown that would have explained a some of the things said and done.

03-01-04, 01:31 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Today on the "View""
Thank you so much for posting! Because of the editing, many people weren't able to look deeper than what their emotions dictated. It was really hard not to be righteously angry for Matt but it always seemed to me that the anger should be directed at the show's producers!!!! So, Mer admitted that there was pressured to say things and that she wasn't allowed to be honest at the end... It makes me want to boycott the show.

Am I taking this all too seriously?? I've been a little worried about myself !

RealityAddict 327 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-04, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityAddict Click to send private message to RealityAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: I worry about myself, too."
It makes
>me want to boycott the
>show.
>
>Am I taking this all too
>seriously?? I've been a
>little worried about myself !

It's funny you say that minkey...my co-worker and I discuss the show with such enthusiasm/heart that passers-by think we are talking about friends of ours...I obviously get a little worried about myself at that point!
I also say that the producers edit so much that it really misleads us and I "will not watch another season of the Bachelor ever again!" HA HA HA! I'm already gearing up for Jesse! We all seem to be suckers for this type of thing...and ABC eats it up. I really don't know what programs I watched before reality tv!!!!!

03-01-04, 08:49 PM (EST)
27. "RE: I worry about myself, too."
My husband sits by me playing Everquest while I'm compulsively checking the boards. The other day he started to mock me for being so involved in such "tripe", when he stopped himself - realizing he spends hours a day playing a female elf!!! I worry about him, too!!

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-04, 08:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Today on the "View""
It was really hard not to be righteously angry for Matt but it always seemed to me that the anger should be directed at the show's producers!!!!

Well put minkey! I think all of the fans of this show should be disappointed in the way the producers portray the participants. I want to see more of the mushy stuff between Ian and Meredith so I can be happy for them! Instead we were treated to simulated mushy stuff between Matt and Meredith and I am left trying to figure out what happened.

Here is a good idea - on the "After the final rose" show they should have shown us the stuff that made it clear that Meredith had fallen in love with Ian. We could have seen more of them laughing together and maybe some more of the interviews that showed her gushing over him (they showed one, but I would love to see more). Then we could all say, "Poor Matt, Yeah for Meredith and Ian!!"

03-01-04, 10:39 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Today on the "View""
But that is part of their evil plan -- leave us unsatisfied and wanting more. Just like a drug addiction.
I too, wondered what I did before reality TV. I was so smug that I was not caught up in the original Survivor when it aired. Then I watched the recap show. I was hooked and it only took one time (just like crack cocaine )

hunterjax 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-02-04, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hunterjax Click to send private message to hunterjax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Meredith's explanation stunk!"
Us San Diegans didn't get to see the After the Rose show until Saturday because of political pre-empting. I have to say, that was the most awkward moment on television when Meredith was failing miserably at providing a satisfactory explanation to Matthew. It was painful to watch and seemed to last forever. I totally agreed with him when he said it would hurt less if she had just said she didn't mean it and had just gotten carried away. She should have had plenty of time to come up with a good answer even if it was slightly false just to spare Matthew. It's been 2 months since the taping and he still looks devastated. What a sweetheart he is.

Ian pulled through with a the right dose of sympathy for what Matthew has been through. Clearly he is the only person that can truly understand it.

03-02-04, 08:34 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Meredith's explanation stunk!"
I understand! Read #23 on this topic. I found it helpful.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •