The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 3 Title: "The Brave May Not Live Long, But The Cautious Don't Live At All""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-16-05, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 3 Title: "The Brave May Not Live Long, But The Cautious Don't Live At All""
Thanks to Blind Freddy.

Ep 3 Title: "The Brave May Not Live Long, But The Cautious Don't Live At All"

Who comes up with these?!

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 3 Title: "The Brave May Not ... Flowerpower 09-16-05 1
 Sounds like Loquatrix 09-16-05 2
 RE: Ep 3 Title: "The Brave May Not ... volsfan 09-19-05 3
   RE: Ep 3 Title: "The Brave May Not ... dabo 09-20-05 4
 RE: Ep 3 Title: "The Brave May Not ... Bebo 09-20-05 5
   RE: Ep 3 Title: "The Brave May Not ... Colbys_Chick 09-20-05 6
   RE: Ep 3 Title: "The Brave May Not ... forehead 09-21-05 7
 This title screams "Gary" FesterFan1 09-21-05 8
   RE: This title screams "Gary" TeamJoisey 09-23-05 9
   Disagree udg 09-23-05 10
       RE: Disagree dabo 09-23-05 11
           RE: Disagree body 09-23-05 12
               RE: Disagree volsfan 09-23-05 13
                   RE: Disagree body 09-23-05 14
           RE: Disagree udg 09-23-05 15
           So you wanna know what Princess Dia... Snidget 09-23-05 18
               RE: So you wanna know what Princess... tvgeek401 09-25-05 23
                   RE: So you wanna know what Princess... udg 09-25-05 24
       RE: Disagree udg 09-30-05 30
           RE: Disagree PepeLePew13 09-30-05 31
 Actual quote source... udg 09-23-05 16
   RE: Actual quote source... biancaxxx 09-23-05 17
 RE: Ep 3 Title: "The Brave May Not ... sylvester 09-23-05 19
   RE: Ep 3 Title: "The Brave May Not ... body 09-23-05 20
   RE: Ep 3 Title: "The Brave May Not ... KimberA00 09-23-05 21
       RE: Ep 3 Title: "The Brave May Not ... Booted 09-23-05 22
           RE: Ep 3 Title: "The Brave May Not ... Thaibeach 09-26-05 25
               Lydia sorgee 09-26-05 26
               It's been awhile, lvoetulips 09-26-05 27
                   RE: It's been awhile, MDSkinner 09-30-05 32
 Another thought... Brownroach 09-27-05 28
   RE: Another thought... lvoetulips 09-27-05 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-05, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep 3 Title: "The Brave May Not Live Long, But The Cautious Don't Live At All""
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-05 AT 02:12 PM (EST)

Hmmmmm, perhaps they get rid of a freeloading coat tail rider? Sounds intriguing! Or maybe one of the weak links goes all out and is saved???

Thanks BR!

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-16-05, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Sounds like"
the moral of the story in some Mayan tale of warrior life or some such.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-05, 09:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep 3 Title: "The Brave May Not Live Long, But The Cautious Don't Live At All""
This site has it as a quote from The Princess Diary. It is the third from last.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-05, 00:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep 3 Title: "The Brave May Not Live Long, But The Cautious Don't Live At All""
In that case, they're probably using the line because one of the players said it sometime. Possibly someone plots something, or makes a critical decision, who knows. Anyway, whichever player said it would obviously be safe from the boot this week.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-05, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep 3 Title: "The Brave May Not Live Long, But The Cautious Don't Live At All""
Gut reaction? I think we're getting our first female boot. And it think it's going to be a Yaxha TC. We've got a few prime candidates on that tribe for weakness boots, with Lydia and Amy sticking out in particular.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Colbys_Chick 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-20-05, 11:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colbys_Chick Click to send private message to Colbys_Chick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ep 3 Title: "The Brave May Not Live Long, But The Cautious Don't Live At All""
Maybe since this is a quote from the Princess Diaries we might have a 'Princess' going out?

DOWN WITH JERRI!!!!

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-21-05, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ep 3 Title: "The Brave May Not Live Long, But The Cautious Don't Live At All""
>Gut reaction? I think we're getting our first female boot. And it think it's going to be a Yaxha TC. We've got a few prime candidates on that tribe for weakness boots, with Lydia and Amy sticking out in particular.

So who is the brave that left in ep2? Gary?
forehead

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 09:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "This title screams "Gary""
LAST EDITED ON 09-21-05 AT 09:07 PM (EST)

Who is the player we know is playing cautiously and not wanting to let folks know who he is or what he can do? That's right, it's Gary.

I'm not sure if this means he plays it too cautiously and gets booted or if it means he realizes he has to go full tilt like Tom did in order to get ahead, but this title has to refer to Gary in some fashion.

Right now, I'm leaning toward the former. He seems to have a nice 3-Ep story arc brewing.

Ep 1: Introduced as the crafty player who is going to hold back a little.

Ep 2: We see the consequences of holding back, as Yaxha goes to TC. He escapes the boot.

Ep 3: He doesn't want to take control of the tribe out of fear of being seen as the leader by Rafe and Co. He pays the price anyway.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way. He doesn't want to do A, he can't do B, so the tribe exercises option C.

Fester

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-23-05, 00:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: This title screams "Gary""
Has anyone mentioned that you need to come out of the woodwork more often?

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-23-05, 00:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Disagree"
I hesitate to disagree, because Fester is usually right, but...

To me, the title screams, "Several idiotic brave Nakum souls go swimming in crocodile infested waters."

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-05, 00:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Disagree"
A Princess Diary quote. Um, I'm a guy, what is Princess Diary?

body 36 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-05, 01:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail body Click to send private message to body Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Disagree"
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-05 AT 08:03 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-23-05 AT 01:20 AM (EST)

what did ep2" man down scream " ? title doesn`t mean a boot.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-05, 07:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Disagree"
EPMB usually has a couple of meanings for his titles. Most times the title has something to do with the boot and it is interesting trying to put it all together.

09-23-05, 08:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail body Click to send private message to body Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Disagree"
just wondering .

09-23-05, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Disagree"
The fact that guys do the swimming doesn't mean that a guy says the quote.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-05, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "So you wanna know what Princess Diary is do ya?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-05 AT 10:37 AM (EST)

It's a movie.
With a sequal even

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0247638/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368933/

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-25-05, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: So you wanna know what Princess Diary is do ya?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-25-05 AT 06:25 PM (EST)

Wasn't that The Princess Diaries?

I've seen both of those movies and I don't remember that quote. Plus, that seems too deep for a Disney movie.

A Cygnus Masterpiece ignore this space. ignore, ignore, ignore this spaceIcecat is da bomb!

09-25-05, 08:32 PM (EST)
24. "RE: So you wanna know what Princess Diary is do ya?"
The Princess Diaries are also a series of books. It's possible the quote was in one of those, although I don't see it (using Amazon.com's "search inside this book" feature). http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0380814021/

09-30-05, 00:14 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Disagree"
Woo! I finally got one right!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-05, 06:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Disagree"
Yup, good call!

I also thought that the 'cautious don't live at all' referred to Brianna's cautious approach in the IC game. Instead of being brave and getting physically involved in the game, she chose to just stand around and let Steph get pummeled.

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

09-23-05, 09:58 AM (EST)
16. "Actual quote source..."
While the quote, or a variation of it, did appear in The Princess Diaries, the original seems to predate that. A variety of sources quote the author as Timothy Luce, about whom, unforunately, I know nothing.

http://www.borntomotivate.com/FamousQuote_TimothyLuce.html
http://www.qotd.org/archive/2004/11/22.html
http://www.generationterrorists.com/quotes/fear.html
http://halife.com/speakers/quotes.html
http://reiterations.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=41

biancaxxx 282 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-23-05, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail biancaxxx Click to send private message to biancaxxx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Actual quote source..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-05 AT 10:13 AM (EST)

Ran a search on Timothy -- came across this ;) He works at Presidio Studios, an advertising company.

Timothy has extensive creative brand-building experience with nationally known B2B & B2C companies. While VP of Creative Services for a full-service advertising agency, he was actively responsible for managing a full creative staff, while overseeing projects through to completion with multiple vendors. Mr. Luce has received multiple awards from the American Advertising Federation, is an Expert Advisory Panel Member of the Packaging Network, led the team that won a national packaging award, and has been honored at the Junior Achievement Business Hall of Fame Ceremony. An abridged summary of Timothy's account experience includes, AT&T, Boston (Bausch & Lomb), C.B.Fleet Pharmaceuticals (Summer's Eve), Reynolds Metals Corporation, ITT Industries (GaAsTEK), Tyco Electronics (M/A-Com), Big Brothers Big Sisters, and Junior Achievement. Timothy's personal motto is: "The brave don't live forever, but the cautious don't live at all. Here's to the brave." His personal interests include photography, international humanitarian work, and outdoor adventure.

Bianca

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-05, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Ep 3 Title: "The Brave May Not Live Long, But The Cautious Don't Live At All""
After last night's preview it seems that the brave are the Nakum's going into croc infested waters.

That leaves the cautious that don't live at all to either be a Nakum that won't participate in the croc baiting or the Yaxha tribe in general. I lean towards Yaxha going back to TC because of the focus on Amy's injury in the preview.

09-23-05, 12:23 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Ep 3 Title: "The Brave May Not Live Long, But The Cautious Don't Live At All""
i`m wondering if amy is the brave one who wont live long so to speak,an that would mean she stays ep3.the cautious one could be gary .can`t wait to see.

KimberA00 38 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-05, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KimberA00 Click to send private message to KimberA00 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Ep 3 Title: "The Brave May Not Live Long, But The Cautious Don't Live At All""
In the previews, doesn't it show one of the guys talking about how he never felt so "alive" until after they swam with the crocs?? Could that be a boot hint?? I wish I could remember which tribe member said it.

Kimber

Booted 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-23-05, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Booted Click to send private message to Booted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Ep 3 Title: "The Brave May Not Live Long, But The Cautious Don't Live At All""
Kimber

That was Brandon.

Boot Ed

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-26-05, 07:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Ep 3 Title: "The Brave May Not Live Long, But The Cautious Don't Live At All""
LAST EDITED ON 09-26-05 AT 08:40 AM (EST)

The "Princess Diaries" was about an ordinary, kind of dorky girl who finds out she's a princess when her grandmother, the queen, comes to America to convince her to take her rightful place as the ruler of (whatever fictional country it was).

She's reluctant, afraid, and embarrassed, but eventually realizes it's the right thing to do and it can also be a great thing for her personally.

To me, with a gender switch, it could mean that Gary (reluctant to tell the truth, nervous about his lie, scared of the consequences if his tribe finds out (a) that he's an ex-NFL QB, and (b) that he lied about it even when asked directly by his own tribemate, Brian) finally realizes how stupid and risky it is to continue lying, so he decides to come clean to his tribe and wants to take what he sees as his "rightful" place as their leader.

Of course, whether Yaxha forgives him is another question. His "bravery" could lead to his torch-snuffing demise.

(I also wondered if the Princess could refer to Steph, but ain't no way she's reluctant to take her place! I love her, but she's got a sense of entitlement the size of Star Jones's behind.)

ETA: I am probably wrong. EPMB just isn't that deep. He likes to make us think he could be, but usually things are much simpler than we try to make them, or much more marginally related to the title. I'm a sucker for this carp every time

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-26-05, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Lydia"
perhaps?

lvoetulips 1025 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-26-05, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lvoetulips Click to send private message to lvoetulips Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "It's been awhile, "
LAST EDITED ON 09-26-05 AT 04:18 PM (EST)

since I've actively spoiled, but I'm thinking Rafe here...

They heavily focused on his inability in the last episode to complete his part of the challenge, climbing up the ladder..

Combined w/ his quote about not wanting to be a leader...

I see wary Rafe going home.

I started one too!

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-05, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: It's been awhile, "
At this point, I tend to agree with you here. I think you combine the couple of things that you mentioned along with the fact that Morgan really seems to like him as can be seen in her transcript (meaning she spent some time with him at loser lodge) makes me think that despite the spoiler that says that Rafe makes it far, I am of the belief he could very well be gone this coming week.

I will wait to see what everyone brings to the table this week in terms of arguments for others, and what vid clips show etc.. but Rafe's time may well be close to up.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-05, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "Another thought..."
...What if someone is debating whether or not to force a tie vote at TC this week? Being "brave" would be taking a chance on it, being "cautious" would be voting expediently with a majority.

The most logical person to be put in this position would be Rafe, imo. He was the closest to Morgan and his alliance didn't have a problem booting her, so, although he thought a "unified vote" was important last week, by this week he may be wondering where exactly he fits into that alliance. Brian might be able to persuade Rafe to join forces with himself, Jamie and Lydia.

Anyway, just wanted to toss that into the mix.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

lvoetulips 1025 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-27-05, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lvoetulips Click to send private message to lvoetulips Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Another thought..."
or....

I was thinking this might just refer to one of these scenarios:

IC: Your tribe chooses a task, ala TAR- choose the hard way and it may be faster, or choose the easier more tedious route...

or: Someone (amy) decides to take it easy and ends up hurting herself after all. She makes the quote, then is booted.

BTW, I haven't spoiled in some time, so my theories tend to be quite loose...

I started one too!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •