The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Beauty Product Challenge: Razors"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Mon Cherie 1813 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-12-03, 11:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mon%20Cherie Click to send private message to Mon%20Cherie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Beauty Product Challenge: Razors"
First off, do not let it be said that I am not a true devotee to beauty products. I have actually conducting an experiment on behalf of my fellow beauty product lovers.

How it began: I was recently at a friend's house, and she was extolling the virtues of the new Schick (no relation to our beloved Survivor Chick) Intuition razor.

Me: "It can't be better than the Gillette Venus razor, I have been using it for a long time and I am very happy with the results."

Friend: "But using the Intuition razor- it's like you're not really shaving! And you don't get nicks or cuts! It's definitely better than the Venus razor!"

Me: "No! Heresy! Nothing is better than the Venus razor for shaving!"

Friend: "What happened to your ankle? It's bleeding."

Me: (mumbling) "I accidentally hacked it up when I was shaving."

Evil Friend: "With your VENUS razor? Hah!"

Me: "Well, we'll see how smooth your legs are in a few days, as I do not believe that a closer shave can be achieved by anything but the Venus razor."

Thus, I bring you....

The Venus/Intuition Shave-Off

Day One: I shaved my left leg with my Venus Razor using Gillette shaving gel, taking care not to hack up my ankle again. I shaved my right leg with the newly-purchased Intuition razor. I have to say, the Intuition shaving experience itself was great. It took less time, because the shaving lotion is in the razor itself. I was also able to go over my ankles and knees quickly without any nicks.

Shaving experience: Intution 1, Venus 0

Smoothness after shaving: Intuition 1, Venus 1

So far, Intuition is an easy, fast, seemingly close shave. But is it as close as the Venus? Only time will tell.

Day Two: Both legs still pretty smooth. Intuition 1, Venus 1

Day Three: A tiny bit of stubble on both legs, seems even. Intuition 1, Venus 1

Day Four: Hair growth on both legs seems even. Intuition 1, Venus 1

Day Five: Hair growth seems even. Intuition 1, Venus 1

Conclusion: Both razors seem to have good outcomes. Intuition: Total 6 points. Venus: Total 5 points. The only thing the Intuition razor has over the Venus is the actual shaving experience.

Bonus Points for Websites: Intuition .03, Venus 1

Intuition
Venus

Now you can do something for me. Please explain to me why razor cartridges cost more than the razor itself? Why not just buy a new razor each time?

Mon

Another IceCat Creation

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razor... Sheila 05-12-03 1
   Shave Minimizing Lotions northernlights 05-13-03 22
       RE: Shave Minimizing Lotions Drive My Car 05-13-03 24
 RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razor... Wheezy 05-12-03 2
   RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razor... SaphireLady 05-12-03 4
 RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razor... desert_rhino 05-12-03 3
   RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razor... Thaibeach 05-13-03 9
       RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razor... Drive My Car 05-13-03 26
 RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razor... DataShark 05-13-03 5
   RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razor... anotherkim 05-13-03 12
       RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razor... DataShark 05-13-03 16
 RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razor... Asrai 05-13-03 6
 RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razor... Silvergirl1 05-13-03 7
 RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razor... Schnookie Palookie 05-13-03 8
 RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razor... nailbone 05-13-03 10
   RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razor... Drive My Car 05-13-03 27
 RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razor... Lisapooh 05-13-03 11
   RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razor... buckeyegirl 05-13-03 13
   RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razor... northernlights 05-13-03 17
 RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razor... sticks 05-13-03 14
 RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razor... anotherkim 05-13-03 15
 RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razor... true 05-13-03 18
 RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razor... snoocharoo 05-13-03 19
 RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razor... wildchickenhunter 05-13-03 20
   RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razor... Mon Cherie 05-13-03 29
 RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razor... Draco Malfoy 05-13-03 21
   RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razor... Drive My Car 05-13-03 25
 RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razor... Drive My Car 05-13-03 23
   RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razor... Mon Cherie 05-13-03 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Sheila 2069 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-12-03, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheila Click to send private message to Sheila Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razors"
I'm glad you posted this because I have this coupon for an Intuition razor and it looks so wonderful but I don't want to mess up a good thing I have going with my Venus. I might have to experiment though.

You don't get stubble until Day 3? WTF?!? I have a five o'clock shadow on Day ONE no matter what method of hair removal I use. I swear I think my mom inhaled something while pregnant to cause this sort of growth!

Anyway, thanks for the info because I think I will try the Intuition.

northernlights 5058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-13-03, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail northernlights Click to send private message to northernlights Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Shave Minimizing Lotions"
LMAO Sheila ~ I know what you mean! I think my Mom may have been out smoking with yours!

Have you tried the new Shave Minimizing Skin Lotions? I use Curel Smooth Legs and it seems to make a bit of a difference on the five o'clock shadow problem. Has anyone else tried a Shave Minimizing Lotion?

Thanks for the heads-up Cherie!

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-03, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Shave Minimizing Lotions"

These lotions sound too good to be true to me. AND do they work on the bikini line?
I need to know these things, my child is going to try to drag me to the pool everyday. A couple trips to the bar and I can deal with being chunky ( that a a good coverup) but fat AND hairy is too much for even me.

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-03, 11:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razors"

Mon, you astound me with your researchability. I know not what to say, except this: I have no idea. Intuition? Venus? I know nothing of these. Do they come in the 10 pack for $.99? 'Cause that's the fork I know. :-D

WHEEZE

brilliant. You are, you know.

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-12-03, 11:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razors"
I am so sorry for this, truely, but I had to laugh. What you just said, while I am sure was tongue in cheek, is so true for me. I buy what is cheapest cause I wear pants or hose so what do I care wether my legs are shaved perfectly.

"Now I will believe that there are unicorns..." William Shakespeare; "The Tempest"

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-03, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razors"
I have it on good authority that hand lotion makes for a better experience shaving than shaving cream or gel.

I'll do the experiment, and let you know tomorrow.

-- JV

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-13-03, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razors"
Try using hair conditioner instead of shaving cream or gel. It's thinner than lotion and will mix better with water. And it leaves your skin BABY SMOOTH baby!

Cherie, I do this type of product testing for a living (not testing myself but designing & planning panels & other tests). It's good to see people interested enough to do their own tests!

05-13-03, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razors"
Yes, Thaibeach I agree, conditioner works great. I used to use a cream rinse product ( that I can't find in Texas) called Unicure. It was wonderful for soft hair and great for legs. It actually was a wonderful all over skin softener in the shower.

DataShark 1395 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-13-03, 00:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DataShark Click to send private message to DataShark Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razors"
I can't say I have any experience with this subject but I did ask DW her feelings.

She told me that if I woke her up for something like this again she would wait until I was asleep and show me what hot wax hair removal was.

So I really can't offer any insight right now.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-03, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razors"

OMG, DS, you nearly made me choke to death on a Little Debbie brownie (what a way to go though, ).

Yuo make me laugh!!!
Miscellaneous Ramblings
--thinks mrs. shark must be a funny chicky

DataShark 1395 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-13-03, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DataShark Click to send private message to DataShark Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razors"
Kim!

Missed Ya.

Awsome job on Sunday!

Asrai 6083 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-03, 00:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Asrai Click to send private message to Asrai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razors"
I use the venus, until I run out of refills. Man, I hate to spend so much on refills, that I'd rather just buy another razor! I usually keep the pink Daisy disposables on hand in case I run out.

I would really love to try the intuition, however. Thanks for the heads up, Mon!

"When I'm good, I'm very, very good. When I'm bad, I'm better!" Mae West

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-03, 00:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razors"

Thanks Mon for posting this very helpful report. I think I will buy the Intuition instead of a Venus.

Almost bought a Venus because of all the raves on OT.

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-03, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razors"
I've listened to you ladies rave about your Venus razors and kept wanting to get one (yes Moonie, I have Venus envy). Now that you've done the comparison on both the Venus and Intuition though, I think I'll go out and get one of those. I usually use the cheap pink Daisy razors and I also have an electric razor.

LOL at DataShark.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-03, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razors"
Pictures!! We wanna see pictures!!

No, not of the shaving experiment, just your fine legs!! And all the other hot OT ladies as well.

(c) 2003 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.
Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS)

- Except for ending slavery, fascism, Nazism, and communism, war never solved anything.

05-13-03, 10:43 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razors"

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-03, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razors"
well this is just great! Y'all raved about the venus for a year and a half and I finally run out and buy one - now you are saying I need to get Intuition instead. Summer sucks man. I like it when it's cold outside and I don't have to shave my legs every dang day.

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-03, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razors"
Thank you so much for doing the razor test! I am in love with my Venus razor, and have looked longingly at the intution, but was hesitant to switch brands. I'm now brave enough to give the intution a try.

A Proud owner of a Kyngsladye Original
"I believe the most important single thing, beyond discipline and creativity,is daring to dare" Maya Angelou

northernlights 5058 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-03, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail northernlights Click to send private message to northernlights Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razors"
LMAO! Another reason to move up here Miss Pooh! Of course, the most important reason would be living closer to ME! Oh, and living out in the boonies where I do, nobody cares if your belt/purse/shoes match!

I too bought a Venus razor because of everything I heard about them here and I was very happy I did. I haven't even heard about the Intuition one yet, but I know when I do see it, I'll end up buying one - lol! I mean, I've already bought the Carmex and the Cherry Garcia Ice Cream because of you peeps! Who says there are no commercials here on SBOT? Webby ~ are you getting a kickback for all this advertising?

sticks 1165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-13-03, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sticks Click to send private message to sticks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razors"
I'm a Venus loyalist; I avoid buying new cartridges by running the originals into the ground. I seriously use them like 30 times before replacing them. How sad am I? I only break out the new blades when I wear skirts. When I'm wearing hip hugging pants- there's no need to shave!

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-03, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razors"
Thank you, Mon. Yor expert opinion is always well-considered. You are the queen, babe!

Miscellaneous Ramblings

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-03, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razors"
As you know, Mon, I am your most loyal follower. I went out and got the Venus razor the moment you told me about it, and I love it!

Please keep those tips coming!

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-13-03, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razors"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-03 AT 10:36 AM (EST)

I haven't tried either of these products yet but I've been tempted. It's nice to have our own Consumer Reports here, thanks Mon!!!

I use a Gilette Mach 3, it's a guys razor. I get a really nice, smooth shave as long as I'm careful. My husband uses the same kind of razor so we just buy bulk refills at Costco where they are a bit cheaper, I think $25.00 for 20 refills. At the gym I always use disposables.

Oh yeah...what are those panties that everyone here raves about? I'm on an undergarment mission, my husband said that if I don't go buy myself some new bras and panties he will. That scares me. The last time he bought me undergarments he got like a size 2 sequined G-string & nipple tassel combo.

I need bra reccomendations too. Normally I buy the cheapest underwire bras I can at Wal-Mart. After 1 wash the underwire pokes out and sticks me in the armpit or I snap the straps. Just too much woman for those wimpy bras I guess...

"Believe in Yourself"
You too can cause forest fires...

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-13-03, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razors"
Wow, you went 5 days without shaving your legs....That is not right!

05-13-03, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mon%20Cherie Click to send private message to Mon%20Cherie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razors"
All in the name of science and devotion to my fellow product lovers, my friend.

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-03, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razors"
I shave my head every night before I go to bed. I'd do it in the morning, but that would require waking up at 330 instead of 4 am. F that. A lot of people urged me to use a "regular" razor and shaving cream, but I never have. I use an electric, clean it every couple of days, and it's good to go.

I just wish there was a way to make it not grow so fast!

You'll be next, MudBlood.

05-13-03, 10:38 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razors"
Draco, try the Venus. Buy it and claim it is a gift for your wife.

05-13-03, 10:33 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razors"

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Venus! ( even if the song runs through my head whenever I shave) I have never once nicked myself with a Venus. I shave more often because it is faster ( I too have leg hair that grows really fast) I also noticed you don't have to change the blades as often. I have even used it without soap or shave cream on my underarms with no razor burn.

How do they compare pricewise, Oh Beauty Product Queen?

I'm your Venus I'm your Fire

05-13-03, 11:27 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Beauty Product Challenge: Razors"
I love my Venus too, but I'm leaning towards the Intuition for the summer cause it's so fast and easy to use.

Prices: Venus Razor: $8.49, Refill Cartridges (4) $8.49

Intuition Razor: $8.49, Refill Cartridges (3) $8.49

Mon

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •