The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Two Possible Boot Spoilers Already?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

palpatine 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-07-05, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail palpatine Click to send private message to palpatine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Two Possible Boot Spoilers Already?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-07-05 AT 01:11 PM (EST)

WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILERS?!

I found the link to this Guatemala blog (http://www.guate360.com/blog/archivo/000599.php) that reported about Survivor filming there off of truedorktimes. There are still some recent replies to the original message & the last two replies appear to contain two possible boot spoilers and contestant names. This is somewhat speculation from me and I don't know how reliable the messages are.

I do not speak Spanish, so I had to use an online translator so some of the word meanings might be a little off. If someone can actually translate Spanish, we may be able to get a more accurate meaning.

The first reply is from July 31:

The original:
La película de la serie de Guatemala del sobreviviente es alrededor extremo en la semana próxima. El CBS está muy contento cómo ha resultado. Hemos oído que cinco están dejados solamente con el pasado ido antes fueron llamados Marjorie. Son comienzo ahora a limpiar encima de la aldea del equipo.

The translation:
The movie of the series of Guatemala of the survivor is around extreme in the next week. The CBS is very I please how has turned out. Ourselves have heard that five are untidy only with the past gone before were calls Marjorie. They are beginning now to clean over the village of the team.

This post mentions the name Marjorie. A few days after this post truedorktimes revealed the name Margaret as a contestant which is very similar. Could the two names have gotten confused based on the language barrier? If so, this could tell us approximately when Margaret got voted off if that is what the post means.

Based on truedorktimes calendar, at the time this message was posted there would be five people left which is mentionned in the post. If the calendar and post are right, then could Margaret/Marjorie be voted off sometime right before or close to the final five? Or maybe there is someone named Marjorie in addition to Margaret?

Then, on August 5 another post was made.

The original:
El programa de Guatemala del Survivor acaba de terminar película en fecha ayer. Hay porción del entusiasmo del equipo de la demostración y el CBS está muy contento con los nuevos sobrevivientes. La limpieza ahora va encendido y contamos con un alza del turismo al área muy pronto. El sobreviviente final a ganar es una mujer nombrada Lynda.

The translation:
The program of Guatemala of the Survivor has just finished movie in date yesterday. There is portion of the enthusiasm of the team of the demonstration and the CBS is very I please with the new survivors. The cleaning now goes lit and we include a rise of the tourism al very quick area. The final survivor to gain is a woman named Lynda.

This one says that the final survivor (winner?) is a woman named Lynda. Could there be a contestant named Lynda/(Linda), or a very similar name? I'm not sure how anyone could know the winner but maybe this person is just in the Final Two and is a speculated winner? If the name turns out to be right, then I guess this will be more credible.

One thing I'm happy about is that it seems CBS is happy with the season based on these two posts, so it should be good.

Again, I don't know how accurate the messages/translations are, but it's something to keep in mind.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Two Possible Boot Spoilers Alre... Flowerpower 08-07-05 1
 RE: Two Possible Boot Spoilers Alre... VolcanicGlass 08-07-05 2
   RE: Two Possible Boot Spoilers Alre... palpatine 08-07-05 3
       RE: Two Possible Boot Spoilers Alre... palpatine 08-07-05 4
           RE: Two Possible Boot Spoilers Alre... Brownroach 08-08-05 5
 RE: Two Possible Boot Spoilers Alre... Flowerpower 08-11-05 6
   RE: Two Possible Boot Spoilers Alre... Brownroach 08-11-05 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-07-05, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Two Possible Boot Spoilers Already?"
Welcome to our boards palpatine, and what an interesting find. First could you please provide the link where you got this. As you know many hoaxes are planted along the way and almost anyone could be behind this. To post the link just type in the http://address in your post here. This seems worthy of snooping into.

The translation of the first paragraph is something like you have interpreted...."We have heard that there are 5 left with the passage before the fire was Marjorie"....sure sounds like Marjorie is reportedly the F6.

The second paragraph may go something like this: Cleaning up is going on now and we anticipate a rise in tourism to the area very soon. The final Survivor to gain is a women they call Lynda. But I know that lindo/linda means pretty in spanish...if there's not a contestant that is named Lynda, perhaps it refers to a pretty girl???

At any rate, please provide the link here on the boards....you never know!

Thanks for noting it here,

fp

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-07-05, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Two Possible Boot Spoilers Already?"
FWIW, the two original messages in Spanish read as if they had been translated from another language by a non-Spanish speaking person.

Interestingly, the blog seems to be down, although the info is still accessible through the Archived Post.

08-07-05, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail palpatine Click to send private message to palpatine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Two Possible Boot Spoilers Already?"
Sorry, I wasn't sure how to post a link, but the one that was posted by the person above is where I got it from.

The site I used to translate it from the original post was http://www.freetranslation.com (hopefully that works). Is there another online translator that might give more accurate results?

08-07-05, 01:13 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Two Possible Boot Spoilers Already?"
Thanks for welcoming me, flowerpower. I like your idea that Lynda might mean a "pretty" woman but that could be any of the ones that are known so far.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-05, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Two Possible Boot Spoilers Already?"
Very nice find, palpatine, and welcome.

El sobreviviente final a ganar es una mujer nombrada Lynda.

"Nombrada" means "named", as you posted it. And "ganar" means "win." This is saying specifically that a woman named Lynda wins (but how would they know the winner?).

Also, antes fueron llamados Marjorie means "earlier they were called Marjorie". "Marjorie" might refer to the name of the tribe that these people were in.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-05, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Two Possible Boot Spoilers Already?"
Could Margaret be the F6 and could Lynda refer to Lydia, the fishmonger from Washington? Could Lydia be F2, or perhaps F3? This could be interesting indeed.

What exactly is a fish monger???

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-05, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Two Possible Boot Spoilers Already?"
Maybe so, because the person did spell "Lynda" with a "y", which is a less common spelling than "Linda".

I don't think we should consider the Spanish posts too reliable at this point though. And I still don't believe that the part about "Marjorie" refers to an individual because the clause has a plural construction.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •