The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor 11: Guatemala"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

toad8098 199 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-16-05, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toad8098 Click to send private message to toad8098 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor 11: Guatemala"
Just out of curiousity, anyone know why they're going back to 18 survivors??? Could they been doing 3 tribes of 6??? Or back to male-female tribes??

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor 11: Guatemala Dakota 05-16-05 1
   RE: Survivor 11: Guatemala wikidimagination 05-17-05 4
 RE: Survivor 11: Guatemala kary1371 05-17-05 2
 RE: Survivor 11: Guatemala Brownroach 05-17-05 3
 RE: Survivor 11: Guatemala SurvivorBlows 05-17-05 5
 RE: Survivor 11: Guatemala JuniorTheorist 05-17-05 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-16-05, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor 11: Guatemala"
My guess is that booting Jonathan and Wanda on day 2 was anti-climactic and then they had to manufacture another elimination (Willard) to fit the network timeframe. If they want to have more contestants, they should extend the length of the season rather than creating uninteresting ways of getting rid of people.
One thing Jiffy said last night was that Survivors would have to live like the Mayans did. Whatever that means. But I doubt it will be male v. female.
Charter Member: Club Anti-DAW

wikidimagination 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-17-05, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wikidimagination Click to send private message to wikidimagination Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor 11: Guatemala"
"One thing Jiffy said last night was that Survivors would have to live like the Mayans did. Whatever that means. But I doubt it will be male v. female."

That really got me too....Jeff said, "The Survivors will be FORCED to live as the Mayans did!"

That sounds SOOOOOOOOOOO exciting.

The rituals, and ceremonies...living inside the ruins.....WISH I WAS THERE!

kary1371 631 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-17-05, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kary1371 Click to send private message to kary1371 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor 11: Guatemala"
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-05 AT 01:06 PM (EST)

Vanuatu had 18 people. 2 teams of 9.

This season was actually 18 people, 2 teams of 9.

So I don't think it means anything special.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-05, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor 11: Guatemala"
The kicking-two-people-out-right-away thing was a gimmick that could only work once -- the shock really depended on no one expecting it. Now future contestants would be half-anticipating it. It wouldn't be that interesting for the audience to see again. They will probably manufacture a different "surprise" for the Guatemala opening.

Unless they kick out two in order to go back to initial tribes of 8.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-05, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor 11: Guatemala"
I agree, the kick two out immediately thing wasn't something that you could do in back-toback editions -- plus if they ever do another cast of 20, the castaways will all immediately suspect something.

18 is also still less than ideal (for spoiler viewers at least) as given the 39 day limit the show still keeps itself to, it still requires them to break the every-three-days formula that the first seven editions which featured 16 contestants had.

But it does keep the castaways on edge and give the producers at least one extra episode to broadcast (allowing them to do things like skip the recap episodes that Burnett hates doing) so I'm not expecting a return to 16 anytime soon.

JuniorTheorist 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-17-05, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JuniorTheorist Click to send private message to JuniorTheorist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survivor 11: Guatemala"
Okay, so I'm super-excited about the new season of Survivor being set in Guatemala. This will be an excellent opportunity for some great natural scenery and interesting cultural background.

Something I hope they don't do, however, is try to paint the Mayans as a militaristic or conquering peoples. No Palau here -- the Mayans were believed to have died out fairly peacefully at the hands of more militaristic civilizations.

At any rate, I'm happy about the return to eighteen contestants, but I'm always wishing, in the back of my mind, for a return to the sixteen contestants. It was much easier to get to know the contestants at 16 -- but I think MB is hedging his bets. If he gets total duds in a smaller group, he's forced to give them more air time than in twists like Palau and Vanuatu.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •