The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"puttin on the jury glasses"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

darbygrl 293 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-20-01, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail darbygrl Click to send private message to darbygrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"puttin on the jury glasses"
At this point, lets speculate who has the charms to win the jury over. I think it will be a tough jury. Alicia and Jerri have scowled each and every TC since being booted. Amber seemed very relaxed (did you see her big smile survivoriest?). Nick - well he is just kinda there as always. Now we add KJ.

Assuming the oga3 boot Eliz,(barring immunity) that leaves T,C,K,.
They are listed in order of favor with the jury.

Tina- she would probably have Alicia, KJ and Liz's votes. I'm not sure about the others. Probably not Jerri. But put Tina against either "peas marry me Keith" and "my tears make my eyes look blue-er Colby" she would win over either.

Colby has a better chance than Keith. I have to agree with Colby's comment that K has done nothing spectaular to stay in the game thus far.

Keith- well he won't make it because his rice grubbing will leak to the jury. (kidding) I know for sure, that he would not have Alicia and Jerri's vote. Not sure about Nic or Amber. Can't tell where their strategies or favors would be. The best thing about him is that he would be the perfect match to be in the final 2 with because he would get the boot.

Liz- if she gets immunity and makes it into the final 2 throws a wrench into it. She would have more favor with the jury than the K.

Any ideas?

**** GO TINA! ****

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: puttin on the jury glasses Fast Eddie 04-20-01 1
   RE: puttin on the jury glasses desert_rhino 04-20-01 2
       RE: puttin on the jury glasses Fast Eddie 04-20-01 3
           RE: puttin on the jury glasses darbygrl 04-20-01 4
           RE: puttin on the jury glasses Fast Eddie 04-20-01 5
               RE: puttin on the jury glasses desert_rhino 04-20-01 6
   Just cause she looks cute? Survivorchick 04-20-01 7
       RE: Just cause she looks cute? Kokoro 04-20-01 8
           RE: How they voted and Why moleseeker 04-20-01 9
               RE: How they voted and Why HeronNoire 04-21-01 10
               RE: How they voted and Why The Tribe Has Spoken 04-21-01 11
               RE: How they voted and Why Kokoro 04-21-01 12
                   RE: How they voted and Why moleseeker 04-22-01 13
                       RE: How they voted and Why Kokoro 04-22-01 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-20-01, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fast%20Eddie Click to send private message to Fast%20Eddie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: puttin on the jury glasses"
If Keith is one of the last two, the other person will win. If he isn't, but Lis is, the other person will win. They all like Lis, but I'm sure they realize that Lis has done nothing since the beginning except look cute. It would be like giving the prize to your cat. If it's Colby vs. Tina, it will be very tough. Colby has been the best player physically, Tina the best mentally.

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-20-01, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: puttin on the jury glasses"
Yes, but you're thinking this will be a logical decision. There are people on that jury who are clearly going to vote emotionally. If it was Tina and Bessy, I think Jerri would vote Bessy, just to snub Tina.

Just a thought.

-- JV

OMG! {click} It's so SOFT and CUDDLY!!

04-20-01, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fast%20Eddie Click to send private message to Fast%20Eddie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: puttin on the jury glasses"
>Yes, but you're thinking this will
>be a logical decision.
>There are people on that
>jury who are clearly going
>to vote emotionally. If
>it was Tina and Bessy,
>I think Jerri would vote
>Bessy, just to snub Tina.

I feel confident that, faced with awarding $1 million, people will act rationally. If only 1 or 2 vote emotionally it may not matter. But you could be right. Thinking back, I wouldn't call Greg's vote rational on S1. And the three who voted for Kelly seemed more emotional than rational. (I wonder. On reflection, if they could go back and change their votes now, would they? Someone should ask them.)

darbygrl 293 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-20-01, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail darbygrl Click to send private message to darbygrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: puttin on the jury glasses"
Your comment about Greg is a good one. That is the beauty of how this game is played; and the fragility of the jury to go one way or another. Greg was an odd personality though-- never really knew just whose side he was on. I think there will be some wacky voting strategy on this jury too.

04-20-01, 01:00 PM (EST)
5. "RE: puttin on the jury glasses"
Upon further reflection, I realize that I am not as confident as I thought that the players will act rationally. If I were, I would have said that they would choose Keith over Lis. But I said Keith would lose to anyone, including Lis.

Yes, emotions and other factors will be very important. I hope the jurors carefully consider the consequences of their actions. Imagine how Kelly must feel, knowing that she lost by chance, rather than a clear expression that her opponent was better.

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-20-01, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: puttin on the jury glasses"
I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that Kelly feels cheated. Then again, Kelly has one of those histories that leads you to believe that the person in question would feel cheated no matter how justly they were slapped down.

However, I think that emotions are, if anything, MORE important than rationaly concerns. Of course, the GAME is just now getting interesting, no matter HOW the show has been going...

-- JV

OMG! {click} It's so CUTE!

Survivorchick 1161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-20-01, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorchick Click to send private message to Survivorchick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Just cause she looks cute?"
I don't know. I think all of the Kuchas on the jury will vote for Liz. Especially now with KJ rallying for her. She's the most likeable. Tina has stabbed quite a few people in the back. If Liz makes it to the final two, she'll be the only one who has played the game completely ethically without having to lie to anyone. I'd say that's pretty impressive if it happens.

Tina has been manipulative from the very beginning.
Colby lied to Jerri and Amber.
Keith has played quite ethically, really. He was never secretive about his intentions (kind of like Richard). But he isn't well liked.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-20-01, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Just cause she looks cute?"
And adding to this, most of last year's votes were emotionally based:

Gervase felt sorry for Kelly.

Jenna also felt sorry for Kelly and liked her better than Rich.

Sue voted out of spite.

Sean doesn't understand the basics of the game and voted for Rich based on sentiment.

Rudy voted for Rich 'cause he keeps his word.

I believe Greg thought Rich was a better player, plus he didn't seem to get to know Kelly at all while he was there.

I was surprised to find that Rich and Colleen were good friends but I'm not sure if her vote was a sympathy vote or because she was satisfied with the answer Kelly gave.

And Kelly destroyed herself with that crappy speech she gave....also, I really don't think it's fair to have one person talk first and the other gets to follow up....they should do the jury process one at a time. IE. Person #1 comes in, answers questions, makes their final statements, then leaves and then person #2 comes in and does their thing.

Ooooh watch out everyone there's a "crack" in the alliance. Yeah, maybe; If crack was slang for millionaire.

moleseeker 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-20-01, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moleseeker Click to send private message to moleseeker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: How they voted and Why"
>And adding to this, most of
>last year's votes were emotionally
>based:
>
>Gervase felt sorry for Kelly.

>He thought she played the best and did great On Ic's. Hedidn't like Sue after the speech and wanted her to "rub it in Sue's face"

>Jenna also felt sorry for Kelly
>and liked her better than
>Rich.

> Jenna thought Kelly had all of the traits of a Survivor (winning Ic's for one) and that she "got the vibe that she is a good person"

>Sean doesn't understand the basics of the game and voted for
>Rich based on sentiment.

>He thought that Kelly was more sneaky and manipultative. He also liked Rich and the "fat naked Fag" thing

>Rudy voted for Rich 'cause he
>keeps his word.
>
>I believe Greg thought Rich was
>a better player, plus he
>didn't seem to get to
>know Kelly at all while
>he was there.

>Actually Greg had them pick numbers Richard was closer.

>I was surprised to find that
>Rich and Colleen were good
>friends but I'm not sure
>if her vote was a
>sympathy vote or because she
>was satisfied with the answer
>Kelly gave.

>She was going to vote for Rich but changd her mind after Kelly's speech. Kelly said will was required to win the game. Colleen agreed she had it. Also she thought Kelly needed it more than Rich.

HeronNoire 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-21-01, 00:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HeronNoire Click to send private message to HeronNoire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: How they voted and Why"

>
>>Actually Greg had them pick numbers Richard was closer.
>

I seriously don't think Greg's "pick a number" thing had anything to do with the way he voted. From what I understand, Greg really played up to Rich after the merger and even flirted with him (accoring to MB's book, that is). I think the "pick a number" ploy was Greg's way of making the Final Two uneasy and to keep them -- and us -- guessing.

The Tribe Has Spoken 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-21-01, 04:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail The%20Tribe%20Has%20Spoken Click to send private message to The%20Tribe%20Has%20Spoken Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: How they voted and Why"
>>Actually Greg had them pick numbers Richard was closer.

Greg did say that if Kelly had gotten closer, he would have simply changed the number. He fully intended to vote for Rich regardless, but making them pick numbers was his way of both squirm one last time.

04-21-01, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: How they voted and Why"
<<He thought she played the best and did great On Ic's. He didn't like Sue after the speech and wanted her to "rub it in Sue's face">>

Partially give on that one....although his tirade on Sue lasted about 3 times as long as his "Kelly played the best" speech.

<<Jenna thought Kelly had all of the traits of a Survivor (winning Ic's for one) and that she "got the vibe that she is a good person">>

I also noticed Jenna trying her best to sound out the word "strategy" aaand how she compared her to "everyone else". Kelly was Jenna's friend, she voted for who she liked.

<<He thought that Kelly was more sneaky and manipultative. He also liked Rich and the "fat naked Fag" thing>>

He also mentioned that neither one of them deserved it and he was voting for the "least objectionable." Pure and simple, Sean voted for Rich 'cause he was closer to him than he was to Kelly.

<<Kelly said will was required to win the game. Colleen agreed she had it. Also she thought Kelly needed it more than Rich.>>

I believe this one 'cause Colleen said it herself but she also adds that she's voting for her 'cause Rich doesn't need the money, as you've said.

I won't mention the Greg thing, as I see it's already been discussed....

Ooooh watch out everyone there's a "crack" in the alliance. Yeah, maybe; If crack was slang for millionaire.

moleseeker 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-22-01, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moleseeker Click to send private message to moleseeker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: How they voted and Why"
>
>I believe this one 'cause Colleen
>said it herself but she
>also adds that she's voting
>for her 'cause Rich doesn't
>need the money, as you've
>said.

Everything I wrote was directly from the DVD of their comments. may have taken Greg to seriously ( I hadn't heard he said either way he was going to vote for Rich ) As for you other comments you either added more of the speech that I didn't want to type or echoed my comments. Thanks

04-22-01, 05:33 PM (EST)
14. "RE: How they voted and Why"
Greg is a strange one....all he said that I can recall was something like: "Everyone picks seven....the number was nine!"
But I'll join the G.N.A.I. club because I think he had made a decision.

Counters really, but whatever you want to believe.

Thanks. THE END.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •