The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Caryn slips up on Survivor Live and reveals final 2?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Andromeda 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-15-05, 00:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Andromeda Click to send private message to Andromeda Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Caryn slips up on Survivor Live and reveals final 2?"
Hopefully this has not already been mentioned; I've looked around in most of the other threads and I haven't seen anyone bring this up so I thought I'd broach the subject.

Obviously this season has been extremely well spoiled and from all indications it will be a Tom/Katie final 2. However, I thought this was worth posting because I think that Caryn slipped up during Survivor Live and basically confirmed that Tom will be in the final two.

At 8 minutes 15 seconds into the second (archived) part of this week's Survivor Live, a caller named Linda asks Caryn "what made Tom a god?"

Caryn gives an extended answer but begins to talk about voting out Tom and at 9 minutes 18 seconds in she says:

But two key opportunities, the two challenges he lost, the two immunity challenges, were the--- have been the only two opportunities and it didn't happen and now everyone's going to have to eat crow on account of it.

I must say that she recovered immediately and barely skipped a beat, but she's a lawyer and I wouldn't expect her to behave otherwise. Still, I think this was a major slip of the tongue on her part.

By beginning to say "the two challenges he lost ... were the only two opportunities" to vote him out she basically confirmed that Tom wins the rest of the immunity challenges and therefore ends up in the final two.

Also, even though she recovered, she slipped up again at the end (without realizing it, it seemed) when she said that "everyone's going to have to eat crow on account of it." If Tom didn't win the rest of the immunity challenges and there was another opportunity to vote against him she would have said something along the lines of "everyone's been having to eat crow on account of it." However, since they're "going to have to eat crow" this means that there never is another chance to vote out Tom.

~*~Andromeda~*~

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Caryn slips up on Survivor Live... JuniorTheorist 05-15-05 1
 RE: Caryn slips up on Survivor Live... becca 05-15-05 2
 Confirmed by Snewser emydi 05-15-05 3
 RE: Caryn slips up on Survivor Live... RealityMom 05-15-05 4
   RE: Caryn slips up on Survivor Live... Andromeda 05-15-05 5
       RE: Caryn slips up on Survivor Live... becca 05-15-05 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JuniorTheorist 77 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-05, 02:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JuniorTheorist Click to send private message to JuniorTheorist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Caryn slips up on Survivor Live and reveals final 2?"
Great thoughts here, something to keep in mind as we go into Sunday.

becca 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-15-05, 06:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail becca Click to send private message to becca Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Caryn slips up on Survivor Live and reveals final 2?"
Caryn didn't necessarily slip up. The reason I say this is because Stephanie at Survivor Live made a comment about how that one episode was the only time Tom didn't have immunity, and they didn't take him out. However the next episode, Ian won immunity again.

These players are heavily coached. And one of the things they are coached about us the importance of only talking about events that happened during your stay. If Tom wins every single immunity hear on out, then why was she so upset with the girls for not taking Ian out. Wouldn't it be a fair statement to suggest that no matter what happens Tom wins the game.

All I'm saying is that its totally possible a player like Ian's chances of winning are not being mentioned. And the Survivors are being coached to heavily stress Tom's dominance in the challenges.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-15-05, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Confirmed by Snewser"
Snewser's picks are up

Tom and Katie in F2 TOM WINS

http://www.survivornews.net/snn.php?sid=spoilers

RealityMom 560 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-15-05, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityMom Click to send private message to RealityMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Caryn slips up on Survivor Live and reveals final 2?"
Andromeda,
That's really paying attention and a good note on your part. I didn't catch the significance at all. But I'm not sure why Caryn felt they'd be eating crow because I don't know who, except for herself, she would have wanted to win except Tom. I assume she was just referring to not taking advantage when they had the opportunity but I may be overthinking her words.

Andromeda 51 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-05, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Andromeda Click to send private message to Andromeda Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Caryn slips up on Survivor Live and reveals final 2?"
Hi again, RealityMom! I wasn't sure if you came over to the spoilers boards or not so it's nice to see you here on this thread. It was a very small slip of the tongue so I'm not surprised you didn't give it a second thought. For whatever reason, though, I was really tuned in to her choice of words at that moment and I think she blew it. When she said "everyone's going to have to eat crow" I do think she meant that since no one voted out Tom when they had the chance they're going to have to deal with the consequences of their actions (meaning he wins the final 3 immunity challenge). The "crow" comment, though, seemed a bit bitter and does seem to suggest that she thinks Tom will win in which case one can't help but wonder who (besides herself) she would have wanted to win...

Becca, you're right that she may not necessarily have slipped up. I really think she did, though, because if she had been talking from the standpoint of only things that happened while she was on the island (as she should have been), there would have been no need to change her sentence from "were" to "have been." I know they are heavily coached but that doesn't make them infallible and since the show is live anything can really happen. Also, I didn't necessarily take her comment to mean that Tom wins but it certainly means that Tom makes it to the final two. However, I must admit I would be happy if you were right that this was all propaganda and someone like Ian wins instead; in that respect I hope that I have interpreted her words incorrectly.

Emydi, thank you for posting Snewser's picks and the link to Survivornews.net! I'll head on over there to check things out; Snewser is almost always right and if Snewser says Tom will win then I think that shall be what ends up taking place.

~*~Andromeda~*~

becca 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-15-05, 07:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail becca Click to send private message to becca Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Caryn slips up on Survivor Live and reveals final 2?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-05 AT 07:55 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-15-05 AT 07:53 PM (EST)

Andro, I dont' think that really means anything. The reason I say this is Stephanie made a similar comment in Survival Live. They were talkign about Tom. And she said how horrible stupid those people were. This is the one time Tom didn't have immuntiy, and they didn't take them out.

A lot of people were saying, see Tom wins every immunity. But then the next week, Ian wins it. So, I think something is up there, and the players could be told to really stress/stress/stress Tom's challenge winning ways.

Caryn also sounded kind of mad in her interviews that the girls didn't take out Ian, while they could. IF Tom goes on an immunity run, then what would be the difference if Ian stays or goes. In another interview, Caryn said Katie didn't have the guts to take Ian out. She also mentioned how Ian's made a lot of promises in the game, and until that episode Ian was golden with the jury. And she wanted the jury to get that Ian was lying to people. She explained the issue was that Ian made a lot of promises, but really the only time Ian was mentioned was when it came to the Katie/Ian incident. But all of this talk about ian was only in context of Caryn's jury comments and Ian's incident with Katie. It also leaves some doubt in if Ian makes it will he get Caryn's vote.

The players have been really silent about Ian. They rarely talk about him, or how he's playing the game. They all mention that the men are controling this game. The men are the one's who deserve to win. Caryn/Stephanie. But, they never mention Ian's name seperate from Tom. And Ian only got seperately mentioned when it came to the Katie/Ian incident and that was why it was a problem.

All I'm saying is that Its interesting that some of the jurors are so quick to mention that the men are controlling the game. The men deserve to win this game. However, when asked to praise the men. Stephanie praises Greg/Tom. Caryn, goes on and on about how awesome Tom is what a threat Tom is etc. Gregg also spent a great deal of time praising Tom and talking about Katie. Caryn mentions that the women are playing for runner up, and the men are playing to win.

All i'm saying is that the jurors and the editing is quick to tell us that the men: now referred to as Tom/Ian are the only players left who deserve to win this game. However, the jurors consistently go on and about what a great player Tom is only and how strong he is. Never, mentioning how Ian's won his share of immunities.

That's a huge red herring. I'm reminded of Amazon when the media couldn't stop talking about Rob, and all of the jurors were saying: Sure if Rob wins this will vote for him.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •