The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Final Three Theory based on the Opening Credits"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Incognito9 1622 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-07-05, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Incognito9 Click to send private message to Incognito9 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Final Three Theory based on the Opening Credits"
There was a post recently in Fanatics about the order of the contestants shown in the opening credits and how it changed from First Episode to Second Episode and thereafter once the tribes had been assembled.

There were remarkably very few differences. The only ones who switched from their original order:

Jenn and Tom were shown somewhere in the first ten, which contained 8 Ulongs --> Ulong now shown in the first 10 each time

Jeff and Kim were shown somewhere in the second ten, which contained 8 Korors --> Koror now shown in the second 10 each time

Ian was originally listed in the Koror half... but the switch to put Tom in there shoved Ian two slots down the line in the Koror 10 from the Secon Episode thereon

So... Mark Burnett ended up switching five total people in the order: JEFF, KIM, JENN, TOM, IAN

JEFF and KIM became a couple. They've been long gone.
But now IAN, TOM, JENN are all still in the game... which has me thinking..

If MB is playing mind games here... there are 2 possible Final Three scenarios:

1) Third: Ian (switched only in order)
Top 2: Jenn and Tom (switched tribal lines in the Opening)

2) 2nd and 3rd: Jenn and Tom (ditto)
Winner: Ian (ditto)

Any thoughts?

NOTE: I really would prefer not seeing other known spoilers on here... i.e. don't reply back saying "That won't be, because www.survivorfakecrap.edu says the Final 2 are Caryn and Katie blah blah blah blah"

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Final Three Theory based on the... Jenna_F 05-07-05 1
 RE: Final Three Theory based on the... PepeLePew13 05-07-05 2
   RE: Final Three Theory based on the... Incognito9 05-07-05 3
 RE: Final Three Theory based on the... justwrong 05-07-05 4
   RE: Final Three Theory based on the... grit 05-07-05 5
       RE: Final Three Theory based on the... dabo 05-08-05 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Jenna_F 310 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-07-05, 02:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jenna_F Click to send private message to Jenna_F Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Final Three Theory based on the Opening Credits"
well, I would think the little switcher thing was just because he didn't want people to know the tribes right from the very start of the episode. Sometimes, I think it is better to not look into things too deeply, sometimes.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-07-05, 07:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Final Three Theory based on the Opening Credits"

>NOTE: I really would prefer not
>seeing other known spoilers on
>here... i.e. don't reply back
>saying "That won't be, because
>www.survivorfakecrap.edu says the Final 2
>are Caryn and Katie blah blah blah blah"

Sorry, Incognito, but this IS the Spoilers forum. People WILL use spoilers in here to help prove/disprove a point or theory put forth in this thread if they have to. You posted a theory speculating on who the finalists might be and there WILL be people who come out and say "it's not going to happen because we have a spoiler saying..."

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

Incognito9 1622 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-07-05, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Incognito9 Click to send private message to Incognito9 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Final Three Theory based on the Opening Credits"
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-05 AT 10:32 AM (EST)

>Sorry, Incognito, but this IS the
>Spoilers forum. People WILL
>use spoilers in here to
>help prove/disprove a point or
>theory put forth in this
>thread if they have to.
>You posted a theory
>speculating on who the finalists
>might be and there WILL
>be people who come out
>and say "it's not going
>to happen because we have
>a spoiler saying..."
>
>

Ouch, Pepe, you can be soooo hurtful when you're drunk
My virgin ears can't handle that

Look, I can use CAPITAL LETTERS too!

justwrong 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-07-05, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail justwrong Click to send private message to justwrong Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Final Three Theory based on the Opening Credits"
the first problem i see with this is suposedly not even MB knows who will win until the live ending. so i can almost buy option 1, but 2 wouldn't work.

it seems somewhat far fetched, but then we have found a couple of real acurate spoilers in the intro... of course we have never really knows they were right until after the season was over. i think if MB does put any intentional spoilers in the intro, he makes sure it only means something in hindsight.

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-07-05, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Final Three Theory based on the Opening Credits"
the first problem i see with this is suposedly not even MB knows who will win until the live ending

MB knows who will win the night the final vote is cast. They don't wait until the live ending to actually count the votes. After the final vote is cast, MB goes back home and edits all the footage knowing how far each person goes in the game. Then he decides what he wants in and how each person is edited so that people like us can sit around analyzing the editing and try to figure out the winner is.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-08-05, 04:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Final Three Theory based on the Opening Credits"
While it is fair to say that MB has a pretty good idea who will win the night the final vote is cast, the actual facts about the filming of final TC are the most shrouded secret of Survivor. The biggest unanswered question is who runs the cameras to record the final votes as they are cast. Supposedly the whole voting area is on automatic recording, but if there is someone manning the station it would be MB himself if possible.

That said, beginning with S2 MB started employing a "lockbox" on the final TC votes. The votes themselves are sealed, and all recordings from the voting stage are unreviewed and under lock and key as well. This material is not reviewed until some three weeks or so before the broadcast of the finale. At that point two people, possibly a handful more in the following days, absolutely know the outcome, but that remains a well-guarded secret until the night of the final broadcast.

In any event, MB would absolutely know who the final two are at the time these opening credits were edited.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •