The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Inspire me"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-07-03, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Inspire me"
It's Wednessay May 7 and smack in the middle of finals. I finished a take-home essay (11 pgs. at one 1/2 spacing because 2 made it too damn big). Two Supreme Court Briefs, one ruling each way in the Michigan Law School affirmative action case. Sapped my brain trying to write a Scalia opinion. Then I have an exam in Criminal Procedure on Monday the 12th and I have to work in a "free-slot" exam (take it when you want) on International Human Rights Law before next Wed.

I am currently attempting to teach myself human rights law, as my professor was useless and I never understood a word the man said all semester. And the text book was written by him too. Always a bad sign.

I really need some inspiriation to buckle down and do this. I would take out my wireless card (what can I say, Mr. Spidey is a computer geek and we have a wireless LAN in our home), but I can't teach myself human rights law without aid of the internet.

I promise to buckle down and work really hard if you all promise to make me laugh and smile in this thread when I return. (I'll pop in this evening to reward myself for a job well done.) Go to work!

Don't you think we could all use some good laughs right about now?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Inspire me Devious Weasel 05-07-03 1
 RE: Inspire me snoocharoo 05-07-03 2
   snooch moonbaby 05-07-03 5
       RE: snooch snoocharoo 05-07-03 6
           RE: snooch Spidey 05-07-03 17
               RE: snooch snoocharoo 05-07-03 21
 RE: Inspire me Drive My Car 05-07-03 3
 exercise wendyp 05-07-03 4
 RE: Inspire me SaphireLady 05-07-03 7
 RE: Inspire me Lisapooh 05-07-03 8
   RE: Inspire me Devious Weasel 05-07-03 9
 RE: Inspire me dangerkitty 05-07-03 10
   RE: Inspire me TechNoir 05-07-03 15
   RE: Inspire me Spidey 05-07-03 20
 RE: Inspire me dabo 05-07-03 11
 RE: Inspire me Jims02 05-07-03 12
 RE: Inspire me kiki_k 05-07-03 13
 RE: Inspire me snoocharoo 05-07-03 14
 RE: Inspire me TechNoir 05-07-03 16
   RE: Inspire me Spidey 05-07-03 18
       RE: Inspire me diamond 05-08-03 22
           RE: Inspire me TechNoir 05-08-03 23
 Reply Spidey 05-07-03 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-03, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Inspire me"
Here’s my favorite lawyer joke, and as a former lawyer, I feel I can tell it.

Lawyer dies, and goes to hell. (Where else?) Satan comes up and says, “Well, you’re dead, but you lived to ripe old age of 95.”

Lawyer replies “Ninety-five? I was only 60.”

To which Satan says “Not according to your billable hours…”

Remember: There are no funny lawyers, just funny people who make horrible career decisions.

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-07-03, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Inspire me"
See this is why education is bad...it requires MOTIVATION and that my friend is just crazy-talk.

THE DEAD ARE COMING, THE DEAD ARE COMING...if thoughts of a summer show don't cheer you up then I formally declare you hopeless.

"WE WILL SURVIVE"

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-03, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "snooch"
FYI there's going to be some kind of 3 day festival in around Riverhead (LI) this summer and the Dead are gonna be there!

05-07-03, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: snooch"
OMH...are you serious???? Do you have anymore info?

05-07-03, 06:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: snooch"
Snooch,

BONNAROO NORTHEAST, Riverhead, NY, August 8-10, 2003

Same people who are doing the 2nd annual Bonnaroo in TN in June.

05-07-03, 08:48 PM (EST)
21. "RE: snooch"
JCJoe and I both want to go. The dates
work out for us and we can camp it or sleep in the van somewhere. The kid will be in Ohio with my mom and dad...WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

If you're going, or anyone else for that matter we MUST hook up. Please e-mail me !!

Snoochie...one Twisted Sister

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-03, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Inspire me"
Hey Spidey Hey Spidey Hey Spidey!!!!

Look Look Look!!!

I can do a cartwheel

Help me make a Pie Spidey

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-07-03, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "exercise"
Atleast you are not exercising1
Exercise at our age

It is well documented that for every minute that you exercise,
you add one minute to your life. This enables you at 85 years
old to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5000
per month.

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-07-03, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Inspire me"
I am not a real funny person, well at least rarely intentionally am I a funny person, so I don't know if I can make you laugh. However, chocolate is a great mood elevator along with a little walk and you might feel ready to go to the next thing. Don't forget to give your self a few minutes every hour, You don't have to exercise but maybe a walk somewhere, just getting up and stretching will ease tension. GOOD LUCK

"Now I will believe that there are unicorns..." William Shakespeare; "The Tempest"

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-03, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Inspire me"
booger booger booger booger!!!

it cracked me up

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-03, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Inspire me"
>it cracked me up

And that's all that matters...

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-07-03, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Inspire me"
Give it up, Spidey. You are a liberal and therefore not Really Smart. It's no use pretending anymore. Just accept your not Really Smart - ness and drop out of school. Then you won't have to worry about all these papers and exams and stuff. It's hopeless anyway as you are not Really Smart. You heard about this not Really Smart thing, didn't you? I'm afraid it's true. So you'd better not sound Really Smart in any of your posts anymore, you are so busted now.

I have to go now and make sure that samiam and Tech Noir and Fester know about this. They often sound Really Smart in their posts, too, and that just has to stop!

as some NRS person once said: "It's funny. Laugh."

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-03, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Inspire me"
damn DK, you can't even spell librul right

how yu gonna lern the rest of us

<-- knot Relly Smart or knot even a little bit smarte

05-07-03, 07:10 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Inspire me"
If all of us not Really Smart libruls (did I get it right, Tech?) left the hallowed halls of law school, most of the classrooms and just about all of the professors offices would be empty! Place is crawling with stinkin no good lefties.

(With the possible exception of the future tax lawyers and the future prosecutors and they stand out like a sore thumb.)

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-03, 05:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Inspire me"
Human rights, one of the most convoluted subjects in the entire world, and getting everyone to agree on it seems virtually impossible. Anyway, as a philosophical matter, I suggest you start with The Golden Rule as the fundamental precept in human rights, take it from there.

Anyway, if you need a break from all that heavy stuff, which maybe you do, then contemplate an entirely unrelated (and perfectly just for fun) question. Therefore, since they are unlikely to ever answer the question in the cartoon, or even on ADULT SWIM, this is your thing to wonder about:

What would they make into a vibrator on The Flintstones?

(Let's not get too wild and let this get out of hand, peeps; stick to construction and leave application to the imagination.)

SMILES ARE FREE

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-03, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Inspire me"
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-03 AT 05:46 PM (EST)

OH NO!!!

Your spidey-senses are on the fritz!

CALL THE POLICE CHIEF!!!

(a little bit o' drama for you!)

In Honor of Summary Writers...
7. "Christy wins the Jan Gentry “Aim High” Award" -Fester
8. "Heidi and Jenna are more Butch than Butch" -Draco
9. "Matthew: DINNER!" -Anotherkim
10. "Janet misplaces her granola bar. Granolagate!" -Swami
11. CARLA: "C'mon...do something! They just do jackbleep" -dabo
*SMILEY GOD AND PROUD OF IT!*

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-07-03, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Inspire me"
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-03 AT 05:48 PM (EST)

Two lawyer jokes to inspire you: (and I'm a lawyer):
A first year law student is trying to write his Moot Court brief and he is really worrried about it and struggling with it. The devil appears at his shoulder and says: "Look, I'll get you an A on this brief, I'll get you on the Moot Court team and on the Law Review. You'll graduate with an Order of the Coif. Then, I'll get you a job at the best law firm on Wall Street, where you will make partner in less than 5 years. You will never lose a case. In exchange, you will give me your soul and the souls of all your unborn children."
The first year law student looks at the devil and says "Ok, but what's the catch?"

Second joke:
A lawyer dies and goes up to the pearly gates. St. Peter looks and him and says "This is kind of embarrassing, but you came to the wrong place. You were suppossed to go to hell. But, I'll tell you what, to apologize for the mix up, I'll let you spend 24 hours in hell and 24 hours in heaven, and you can choose where you want to spend eternity." The lawyer agrees and elects to try hell out first, to get it over with. In hell, he sees everybody he knows, they are all dressed up in tuxs and cocktails dresses, drinking, laughing, dancing and having a good time. After 24 hours there, he goes to heaven, which is very nice and peaceful, but no where near as fun as hell. At the end of the second 24 hours, St. Peter asks him were he wants to spend eternity and the lawyer says "Believe it or not, I'm going to choose hell, because I know everyone there, and it was such a good time. Besides, I stick out here in heaven, being the only lawyer and all." So, he goes to hell. When he gets there, the same people he saw before are now all dressed in rags and pulling huge boulders behind them uphill. The lawyer exclaims: "What is going on here, I was just here 24 hours ago and everyone was partying and having fun! What happened?" And the devil tells him, "That's true, but yesterday you were a recruit. Today you are an associate."

(and not to discourage you, spidey, but wait till you graduate and you will find out how true this second joke is!)

Good Luck on your exams!

compliments of GeorgiaBelle

Beauty Product Queen of the Boards and a fancy girl to boot!

05-07-03, 05:47 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Inspire me"
uh Spidey I got some inspiration but I can't pass it that far...

Snoochie...one Twisted Sister

05-07-03, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Inspire me"
dunno about you but I'm laughing hysterically at the notion of you (or me) writing a Scalia opinion

At least it wasn't Clarence Thomas ... now that would be a real challenge

"Half of Tech's charm is that sometimes I have no idea what she's talking about" -- True

05-07-03, 07:02 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Inspire me"
It killed me, it really did. To switch my not real smart brain from focusing on the Constitution and common sense to try to mangle the history and meaning of the 14th amendment and our nation's "dedication" (that made me laugh) to equality. Wonder how much it will reflect the actual opinion they'll issue this summer. Something tells me sadly too much.

*No hijacking my thread to praise Scalia, Thomas or any other justice, fascist right or socalist left. This thread is supposed to be fun!!!*

diamond 2307 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-08-03, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail diamond Click to send private message to diamond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Inspire me"
I.HEART.ANTONIN.SCALIA

(Sorry, couldn't resist. Hope that doesn't give anyone nightmares.)

Wishing somebody had told me about the Not Really Smart thing years ago. Would have saved me a lot of trouble.

05-08-03, 05:22 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Inspire me"
Wishing somebody had told me about the Not Really Smart thing years ago. Would have saved me a lot of trouble.

Yeah, me too.

"Half of Tech's charm is that sometimes I have no idea what she's talking about" -- True

05-07-03, 07:06 PM (EST)
19. "Reply"
Thank you all! Lots of laughs and smiles. And after reading about human rights atrocities all day, I sure needed it! Not sure the lawyer jokes are a real inspiration, but damn funny.

I busted my butt today and found several websites that taught me all about the self-executing treaty doctrine, accountability and prosecution for international human rights abuses, etc. Criminies, why didn't my professor just assign the internet? I've learned more today than all semester. Tenure sucks.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •