The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Throwing an Immunity Challenge - Strategy or Gluttony?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flipper 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-15-05, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flipper Click to send private message to Flipper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Throwing an Immunity Challenge - Strategy or Gluttony?"
I'll miss Coby, he was a favorite of mine and seemed like he had potential to outlast, but at the end I found myself yelling at my television "Coby, have you ever seen this game played"? I'm dissapointed that my favorite just threw in the towel after playing so well for so long. And I don't mean his diving for donuts move, I mean his overall "I'm crabby and I don't care who know's it" attitude.

I was also disappointed in the others who jumped in the water abandoning their hope for immunity for what were basically snacks. I mean I love pizza like everyone else, but for a million bucks? Not even if it had beluga on it.

So then I was thinking, was there a strategy reason everyone jumped? Did Stephanie jump because she knows she's perceived as a threat and she didn't want to paint herself as one who will do a run of immunity challenges? And for Ian, Greg, Jenn and Katie, did they really feel so secure that they didn't even try to win? I can think of examples where giving up trying for immunity, or actually giving up immunity paid off a bit, in Pearl Island, Burton giving Rupert his Immunity bought him a little more time. And on Africa one tribe took a dive in an immunity challenge because they wanted to get rid of some dead wood at tribal council.

I'm not mentioning Janu, because I think the reaction of a starving animal when it sees food is self-explanatory. She is the one Survivor who did what she should have done and it spared us having to see her start gnawing her own sinewy limbs.

So here's my question: Is it ever really worth it to throw immunity, either as a tribe and as an individual?

Flipper

"Whatever!"

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Throwing an Immunity Challenge ... PepeLePew13 04-15-05 1
 RE: Throwing an Immunity Challenge ... J I M B O 04-15-05 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-15-05, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Throwing an Immunity Challenge - Strategy or Gluttony?"
As outlined elsewhere, it was pretty obvious the tribe had already decided upon Coby as the bootee. So, there was no need for the 7 involved to exhaust themselves too much once they saw Coby had folded faster than a cheap suitcase -- I wouldn't be surprised if some of them stuck it out just so they could be offered some food! Did you see how quickly some of them jumped once food was offered?

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

J I M B O 6839 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-15-05, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Throwing an Immunity Challenge - Strategy or Gluttony?"
i think it is a calculated risk to throw it. from the final vote tally, it looked pretty clear that a majority decision had been made to vote for Coby. i can understand the risk taken if it reduces the perceived threat for the future.

also, nobody said it, but a lot of them probably realized after an hour that they weren't likely to be the last one standing. so why not get some dessert instead of falling off later and get nothing?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •