The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"This weeks eyemail"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-11-05, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"This weeks eyemail"

Steph is highlighted but also three Korors: Tom, Ian, Gregg

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 But... Brownroach 04-11-05 1
   RE: But... pmspml5 04-11-05 2
       RE: But... PepeLePew13 04-12-05 3
           RE: But... KObrien_fan 04-12-05 4
               RE: But... PepeLePew13 04-12-05 5
                   RE: But... pmspml5 04-12-05 6
                       RE: But... volsfan 04-12-05 7
                           RE: But... Dakota 04-12-05 9
                           RE: But... redbeard103152 04-12-05 13
                               RE: But... KObrien_fan 04-12-05 15
               RE: But... Brownroach 04-12-05 10
                   RE: But... KObrien_fan 04-12-05 11
                       RE: But... Brownroach 04-12-05 12
                           RE: But... TanNymph 04-12-05 14
   RE: But... sylvester 04-12-05 8
 RE: This weeks eyemail Loree 04-12-05 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-11-05, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "But..."
...Coby is mentioned in the copy. The week of James' boot, he was also mentioned in the copy but not shown.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

04-11-05, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: But..."
I'm going with a Tom upsets Coby - Coby is caught trying to break up the Tom/Ian/Katie alliance and is voted off to save on the drama.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-05, 06:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: But..."
For the life of me, I'll never understand why Gregg and Jenn apparently isn't going to team up with Coby and Caryn to try and take out Tom/Ian/Katie. We know Caryn has spoken out against Tom's ubercontrol of the tribe. They should be working on Steph or Janu to join them, and Gregg would be the heavy favourite in physical ICs once Tom/Ian are out.

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-05, 06:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: But..."
Even though 9 is an odd number, trying to get the 5 votes needed at this point in time is extremely tough if you are going up against a strong alliance. Especially with a swing vote that you haven't known for 20+ days. If you jump too soon in the game, your game is up, Gregg will bide his time and try his coup at 7. Unfortunately for him, there won't be enough unhappy peeps from Tom's alliance to overthrow the government.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-05, 07:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: But..."
Oh ya, but once Gregg sees Coby is gone, any shot of an overthrow is lost. Coby's going to be pissed at Tom in this episode, now is the time to strike while the iron's hot. They've got four together for sure -- Coby/Caryn/Gregg/Jen plus they can work on Janu to get her to see she's got zero shot with Tom/Katie/Ian. This way, they take Steph out of the equation, lessen the risk of her getting recruited by Tom/Ian and they can take her out once they're up 5-3 to avoid any waffling on her part.

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

04-12-05, 08:23 AM (EST)
6. "RE: But..."
That could very well be the plan - however the plan is foiled when Tom wins immunity and Gregg/Coby can not agree on taking out Katie. Gregg does not want to and Coby does. Therefore Gregg gets frustrated with Coby - sees him as wishy washy and unreliable - votes him off instead. JMHO

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-05, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: But..."
I agree with Pepe on this and I think the most important part of the game is knowing when to make your move if you are Gregg. I think this is the best time for Gregg to make his move. From what we have seen with Coby I think he would vote with Gregg to make sure his alliance is safe against Tom, Ian or Katie at any point in the game. If Coby goes this week I think it is going to be the lack of Gregg stepping up to make his move. JMHO!

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-05, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: But..."
Also keep in mind that Tom has been seen "stroking" Janu, while Coby is critical and fed up with her. She also hasn't been seen making any kind of alliance with anyone. Gregg/Coby getting Janu to vote with them is not likely IMO.
Charter Member: Club Anti-DAW

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-12-05, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: But..."
There are some special times when the alliances can be busted. If you dont take one of the majority alliance members out when you can you may never have the chance again. Losing even one member of the minority alliance lessens your chance of being succesful as the numbers will be even more against you. Ask Lex and Kathy from All Star Survivor how not taking Amber out when she was seperated from Rob during the switch changed the way the rest of the game would be played.Players should learn from past mistakes. If they dont then they are doomed to suffer the same fate.Even if one of the majority alliance wins immunity you can still take out one of the others. Greggs plan of going against Katie at the final two cannot be successful if he is not around long enough to get there. This game is best played day by day. Looking too far down the road can cause you to overlook chances you have at this particular time that you may never have again.The biggest fools in the world are those who do not learn from past mistakes.RedBeard

04-12-05, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: But..."
The beauty of Survivor is that each season/game is different and is based on the mindset of the players playing it. In All Stars you had a bunch of people that were unwilling to make a change in their overall place in the game to risk a coup. Kathy and Lex had planned to work with Rob and Amber after the merge, they fully expected the favor to be returned, but keeping Jerri did not give them the numbers they needed anyway, so the point was moot.

In Marquesas they did shake things up, in Thailand they didn't. In Pearl Islands the game kept shifting after the merge with no alliance getting any firm hold on the goal.

I think what matters here is the mindset of the bottom dwellers in the alliance. Gregg already realizes his place in Tom's alliance, so he is looking for ways to better himself. If Coby goes this week as expected and then they give Janu her mercy boot next week, then Steph goes as all is expected via Merceydes, then Gregg should be in pretty good shape after two of Tom's babes have been booted. But that is only setting up a tie at F6. So either Caryn or Jenn pulls a flip flop, or Gregg loses a tie breaker to Katie, IMO.

04-12-05, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: But..."
Even though 9 is an odd number, trying to get the 5 votes needed at this point in time is extremely tough if you are going up against a strong alliance. Especially with a swing vote that you haven't known for 20+ days.

It shouldn't be, though. Gregg doesn't need Stephenie for this vote, he just needs to marshall Coby, Caryn and Janu to vote the same way as he and Jenn do.

In fact, the smart move would be for the five of them to vote Stephenie out first. They have a good rationale for staging such a coup right now if Tom/Ian/Katie make it known they don't want Stephenie gone this week.

04-12-05, 01:19 PM (EST)
11. "RE: But..."
I guess I see Janu in with Tom, Ian, and Katie. Tom picked Janu for the tribe to begin with, he seems to be her strongest advocate for not giving up, in fact the episode title is "I will not give up" (or something like that, and I think it refers to Janu. Sure, Gregg maybe will try to feel the waters and see what he can do, but I don't think he should go out on a limb right now, he just doesn't have the numbers.

The way I see the split:
Coby, Caryn

Janu, Tom, Katie, Ian, Stephenie

Gregg and Jenn can go with whichever group he thinks will have the power without tipping his hand. He may not know about Steph's secret alliance with Tom, Katie, and Ian, but talking to her once she is there, she is usually quite frank about who she intends to side with or at least vote for.

Gregg will try to play both sides, but ultimately he will decide that he does not have the numbers to help keep Coby, and in the end he will vote against him.

Coby will want to target either Janu or Steph, both ladies are in Tom's alliance. Tom will tell Gregg, we are going after Coby, I have Katie, Ian, Steph, Janu and myself, are you with me? Of course he will say yes and he will stick with that.

If Gregg were to tip his hand to Tom this soon, he would be the next to go since he is a strong challenge threat. Gregg will not rock the boat and will hope to be able to pursuade some bottom dwellers that they have no chance for moving up once they get to 7. The way it is looking though, that won't be possible.

04-12-05, 02:35 PM (EST)
12. "RE: But..."
It's true we don't really know what Gregg's connection to Janu is. He has (or had) plans involving her, but did he ever talk to her about them, or only to Coby? We don't know. Gregg doesn't consider Janu to be part of the Tom alliance, but maybe Tom is stringing her along privately. So it's conceivable she's not someone Gregg can depend on. (If she'd say something once in awhile it would help.)

Also, Coby has been badmouthing Janu, so it's possible she doesn't like Coby either if she feels he's giving her "attitude."

But the thing that would make Stephenie an ideal boot choice for Gregg is that he's not tipping his hand to Tom. Gregg can argue that they should get rid of the lone Ulong before dumping any of their own, since they came all this way together as a tribe. If Tom continues to hem and haw, Gregg can also question Tom's motives for wanting to keeping another immunity threat around.

And after TC, Gregg could say, sorry, I did what I thought was right by voting out Stephanie. At that point it's too late for Tom.

Anyway, obviously his plans are going kaput this week.

TanNymph 309 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-12-05, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TanNymph Click to send private message to TanNymph Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: But..."
BR and KOB both your theories are great strategies. I'd like to toss one out there. I know that it'll never happen but what if after Coby is toast, Steph could rally the girls to boot the remaining guys. She could argue challenge strengh as a motive. And why would any of the girls want to sit next to Ian, Tom or even Gregg in the finals. The counter argument from the girls would be that Steph is just as strong as the guys. But she could tell them that anyone sitting next to her would have a entire tribe to vote for them. It could get Steph further in the game. Like I said, I know it won't happen thanks to Mer.

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-12-05, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: But..."
Coby is mentioned in the copy and was also the feature of last week's eyemail. That pretty much nails it for me (along with the pic confirmation that Janu is in next week's challenge). Here's last week's eyemail for a reminder:

Please call me Cat!!
Got Candles?

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-05, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: This weeks eyemail"
I could see Gregg worrying about trying to take out Tom or one of his allies at 9. That would mean Gregg's side would need 5. And in an alliance of 5 there is often a 3-2 divide. Gregg is sure he has Jenn's vote. But he may not trust Coby to not rally the other 2 against him and Jenn. He may think he should wait till it is down to 7. Then you need 4 on your side and at least him and Jenn would have an even chance against the other 2 in their alliance.

Also Jenn seems close to Katie and may not want to vote with Gregg instead of voting with Katie. And Gregg may worry that Jenn and Katie will talk and Katie will blab his plan to Tom. I can see Gregg wanting to wait and vote with the majority which includes Tom.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •