The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"So, latest thoughts on our Idols?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-23-04, 10:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"So, latest thoughts on our Idols?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-04 AT 10:12 PM (EST)

I thought Jasmine and Jon Peter both blew it big time. Both were off key. For Jasmine, a song that is meant to sound effortless sounded hard to get out. Her words were jerky and seemed out-of-sync with the backups.

Both singers are very popular, though, so it probably won't hurt them. I think it should. If you have a weak night it should be reflected in the votes.

Paula saying to Jasmine that she could be a huge star after the performance Jasmine gave was ludicrous. IMO, it isn't fair to the other contestants to say something like that after such a poor performance. Pop idols should be nearly flawless, and I think Jasmine bombed her song, big time.

Diana continued to rock.
And I still love the purity of John Stevens's voice.

PS. Does it technically count as singing a country song if doesn't resemble country in the least?? George sang well tonight, but it seems to defeat the purpose of having theme nights, if you aren't going to call someone on his absence of anything remotely country.

Amy upped the anty this week and Latoya was also rock solid.

Jennifer-- still on the bubble.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idol... I_AM_HE 03-23-04 1
   RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idol... EnglProf 03-23-04 2
       RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idol... I_AM_HE 03-23-04 7
   RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idol... ohboy 03-24-04 21
 RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idol... frisky 03-23-04 3
 RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idol... Angelfood 03-23-04 4
   RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idol... ManilaESQ 03-23-04 5
 RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idol... Risti 03-23-04 6
   RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idol... rwarren 03-24-04 28
 RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idol... Mistral 03-24-04 8
 RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idol... 712 03-24-04 9
 my list I_AM_HE 03-24-04 10
 RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idol... greenmonstah 03-24-04 11
   RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idol... AugustGirl 03-24-04 12
       RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idol... greenmonstah 03-24-04 13
           RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idol... AugustGirl 03-24-04 23
 My thoughts Breezy 03-24-04 14
 RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idol... ElroyJetson 03-24-04 15
   RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idol... leogirl_21 03-24-04 16
 RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idol... yensid 03-24-04 17
 RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idol... nailbone 03-24-04 18
   RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idol... Risti 03-24-04 25
       RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idol... nailbone 03-24-04 26
 RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idol... managerr 03-24-04 19
 RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idol... kiki_k 03-24-04 20
 RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idol... raidersfantom 03-24-04 22
   RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idol... managerr 03-24-04 24
 RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idol... rwarren 03-24-04 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-23-04, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idols?"
completely agree on Jasmine - she was off key all over the place, reverting to her awful semis performance. i love the song, and she killed it

JPL i agree and disagree. he had some bad pitch problems, but he also showed a much nicer voice in many spots that i didn't realize he had. In any case, I'm still pulling for him!

Amy was awesome. still getting busy signals for her, so WOOHOO!

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-04, 10:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idols?"
Glad you responded, He, because I wanted to ask what you liked about JPL this time around. I can see what you mean, but the pitch problems (and the weird dropping of one of the main words/notes every time he sang) ruined it for me.

I don't mind if he's safe this week (Have him as my #2 in PTTE though I don't know why) but I'm thrilled Jasmine cracked because she bores me the way John Stevens seems to bore others

03-23-04, 11:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idols?"
yeah, i can understand you on JPL also. if you already don't like him, i doubt this performance will change your mind (in fact it may only strengthen your opinion), but if you do like him and have been waiting to see that *something* from him, i think he started to show that tonight (vocally at any rate, as he had already done it personality and performance wise IMO)

ohboy 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-24-04, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ohboy Click to send private message to ohboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idols?"
I thought that Jasmine was horrible but the judges weren't too bad with her, I honestly hope that she is gone. I don't think she deserves to be int he competition. To bad about JPL he sucked and he will probably go.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-04, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idols?"
Bad and In Trouble
==================

Camille
Awful. Dreadful. I'm just not getting it. She should go.

Jasmine
Terrible performance, and it looked like she knew it. Probably safe based on last performance.

Metro Matt
I'm just not diggin it, dawg.

JPL
I agree with He in that I finally got a bit of a handle on what his voice actually sounds like. It wasn't a good song. He'll stay based on teenage girl vote, but it was really mediocre.

John S.
I just don't like his voice, and he looks like a mannequin up there.

Jennifer
I didn't like the song, and she was kind of pushing the attitude thing, which may hurt her. She shouldn't go before Camille.

Good and Safe:
==============

Fantasia
George
LaToya
Amy
Diana

Card-carrying RBBRTFHLA/Sugar Ho Division
Non-Embezzling GAWKUR Treasurer

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-23-04, 10:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idols?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-04 AT 10:57 PM (EST)

Not disagreeing, but Camille and Matt were Worse off-key!.

ETA: Just looked at my notes, and Jasmine WAS the worst, but more because a)she can't sing the low notes at all or was quiet; and b)hit several bad notes(THAT the way). Sorry, please proceed...

George was cute tonight.
John S. was darling - saw more personality, but still, the poor boy has no passion or excitement when he sings.
Fantasia - very good.
Jennifer - adorable, but very low-key.

ManilaESQ 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-23-04, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ManilaESQ Click to send private message to ManilaESQ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idols?"
Jennifer should go. Bye!

Risti 190 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-04, 11:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Risti Click to send private message to Risti Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idols?"
I'll throw this here as well:

The quickest way to sum up my thoughts of American Idol this week:Just about everyone who showed there weaknesses last week showed their strengths this week. Unfortunately, the reverse is also true. Mainly, this was a week where alot of people really held back, with a few exceptions I'll mention in a minute. Because they held back, it made for a rather boring show. Country ballads sung with an R&B voice mean R&B ballads, something which is not really my style of music. That said, I thought the stars of tonight were Diana(despite a performance that wasn't as good as last week), John Stevens(it didn't sound country, but it sure did sound good), Latoya and Amy. The last two were victim to some poor balancing as the background music threatenned to overpower them at times, but I can't blame them for that.

Diana opened up the evening with a performance that was just about everything you could hope it would be. The power and control of her voice amazed me once again, but it was in my opinion her weakest performance yet. It shows how well I think everyone performed this week that she was still one of my picks. Her video clip showed just how much of an all American girl she is. I was half expecting her to walk out and sing the anthem as her country music pick. However, she had moments in the song that she did do that grated on my ear slightly, something her voice has never done before, and I don't think it was just the country style.

John Stevens. I thought he showed some of the best connection with the audience today that he ever has. He just looked comfortable on stage. Yes, he messed up the words, but despite what he said, he didn't panic about it. In that, he acted like a professional. Mistakes happen. People forget words. Anyone who has seen more than a couple of live concerts knows that. However, he didn't let it phase him, and finished off the song with style(the looking over his shoulder bit was priceless). Vocally, it was a slightly more upbeat song, and he took it and just made it his own. This performance made me realize why so many people thinks he has potential. I still think he might need a couple years to mature, but I give him props for tonight's show.

Latoya. The first person of the evening who really understood the spirit of country. She got a bit behind her music at one point - I wonder just how well she could hear it out in front of the stage like that - but she caught up, and delivered a great performance even though you knew that wasn't really her style. If AI is going to do these theme weeks, you have to go for them full force, or they're pointless. While the performance wasn't flawless, she made up for last week's performance in my opinion, and I really began to seriously consider her as being able to win this thing.

Amy. Amy, Amy, Amy. In her top 32 performance, I remember thinking to myself 'that's how I'd sing that song, if I ever had to.' It was a diva song, but not really a diva performance, just singing it with a fresh bit of edge. This week, as I saw her excel in country, a genre she 'hadn't really considered', I realized I'd found my vocal match(with a slighty more soprano range). I too am someone who didn't really consider singing country for a long time, until one day, I realized hey, I can sing this stuff, and sound good doing it. It's an odd position to be in, realizing that your vocal strengths lie in a genre that isn't your favourite. However, when I tried out for Canadian Idol last year, what did I sing? A country song. The trick that I hope Amy realizes is that you can trick people into thinking they're hearing something different when you use that country tone to it's full potential. Anyhow, enough about me. Amy did a great performance tonight. Totally makes up for last week's bottom two.

To quickly sum up the others. JPL and Matt Rodgers, again, you disapointed me. Matt, you did sell out. Go back to that raw rock edge you had in your first performance. You have a voice that could have done country so well, but instead you shyed away from the genre. If you'd picked a more up tempo, undeniably country song, you could have rocked. Camille, you overcame your nerves better than last week, but unfortunately it was still a weak performance. George...this is what I was worried about. This style really didn't suit you, and the song wasn't in the sweet spot of your range. You need to remember to keep things higher up in the register, because your lower range gets a little too growly. Fantasia, Jennifer, good performances, but nothing really standout in my mind. I don't think either of you have to worry about going home yet though. Jasmine...Jasmine you disapointed me so much tonight. Not a strong performance at all for you.

Winner for Tonight: Amy Adams. You go girl!
Winner overall: Still too early to really tell, but Latoya and Diana got their spotlight tonight as part of the 'good group of five'
Going Home: Camille or Jasmine, I believe, although it could be Matt Rodgers. I think he, like Josh last season, has perhaps a little too much of a fanbase to go too early in the season. If I had my way I'd put JPL in that list as well, but take the fanbase comment and multiply it by a 100 for him. How long will those dimples get him through this competition?

rwarren 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-24-04, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rwarren Click to send private message to rwarren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idols?"
ennifer is going and then either Matt or John

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-24-04, 01:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idols?"
Just saw it here on the Left Coast.

I'm not a big Country music fan, and I didn't know about half the songs they sang. Which I guess is good in a way, because I didn't have a lot of preconceived notions. But I thought this night was WAY weaker than last week.

The best:

Amy - such an improvement from last week and I'm glad because I'd like to see her stick around. She nailed it.

Latoya - She is a very poised and polished performer. She could probably do any genre thrown her way. Still my fave.

Diana - came out strong, good performance. I think this is the first time I saw her do a ballad, but like Latoya, I think she could probably sing anything.

The worst:

Camille - Please. I still think she'll get a lot of the Hawaii votes, and she is a really cute girl, so she has that going for her.

Jasmine - just not the right genre for her. I don't think she has the diversity. But like Camille, she'll get the Hawaii vote so I think she's safe.

JPL - I just don't get what people like about him. I don't care for his voice, and since I'm not a big Kenny Rogers fan, double ick. Can't hit the low notes, either.

Just so-so:

Fantasia - would liked to have something more upbeat here; I think she does that better. Plus, I am really sick of her ego.

Matt - I know I'm alone here, but I think he has the best voice of all the guys. I just didn't care for the song.

Johnny Red - better than last week, and since my 15-year old is in love with him, I gotta hope he sticks around.

Jennifer - not her genre, but I figured that anyway. Like the hair!

George - I still think he sounds strained. And the good ole boy schtick is getting to me.

712 356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-24-04, 01:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idols?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-24-04 AT 02:15 AM (EST)

1) LaToya London - That's what it's all about, right thurr, and nobody else seemed to understand this. Background vocals took away from her performance though. There was a lot of that this evening.

2) Diana Degarmo - I probably would have cried if there weren't people in the room.

3) Amy Adams - Colour me impressed!

4) George Huff - Steel guitar in the background does not a country song make, but I like the way he says "mushtache".

5) Fantasia Barrino - Ehh. Still not buying into the whole Fantasia thing. Her attitude irritates me.

6) Camille Velasco - An improvement, I thought. I hope she stays.

7) Jon Peter Lewis - Holy complete wrong song. Come on man, have fun with it. It's what you do best.

8) Jasmine Trias - Not good. Not good at all. Huge disappointment. I think the new rule of thumb should be DON'T SING A SONG THAT GOT SOMEBODY KICKED OFF LAST YEAR. (Remember? Julia Demato?)

9) John Stevens - Whatever. Just looking at him creeps me right out.

10) Jennifer Hudson - Terrible! Butchered a damn good song! It actually pissed me off, because I was wanting someone to pick something upbeat, you know, other than these lameass ballads. Then someone does, and I hated it.

11) Matt Rogers - He's such a dickhead. He can't sing. I still stand by my last week's proclaimation that I could do just as good. And he just has this smug look on his face the whole time that makes me want to slap him silly. He's so damn proud of himself, and for what?

12000000) KOJO??!!!?!?! - Jesus, I thought I was going to be ill.

Thank you.

03-24-04, 01:54 AM (EST)
10. "my list"
since it looks like we're ranking in this thread, here goes:

First, in order of performance:

Diana – the last note was indeed a “Wow” but it doesn’t cover up some bad notes, flat spots and unimpressive slurs. It was also hard to understand much of the song. Frankly, I’m a bit disappointed after last week, I thought she’d do much better. My impression this week is the same as I had after her semis performance – she doesn’t deserve to be here.

George – let me say right up front I’m SO VERY GLAD those dips are gone! I also love his voice and personality, but this performance just didn’t do it for me

Fantasia – quite simply, I loved it. Best of the night so far. But I hated her talking back to Simon

John – ouch. I DO think it was by FAR his best performance so far. The tone of his voice was great, and he found a song he could do, although it didn’t seem very country to me. BUT he did forget the words and his voice just wasn’t deep enough for the low notes, so I have to drop him.

Camile – still think she has a pretty voice, and she did a decent job, but she still sounds nervous

Jennifer – iffy ending, but it was different for her and I liked it.

JPL – Hmmm. Wow. Some pitchy spots, but some really, really nice spots too. Both better and worse than I expected from him tonight. Showed a lot of potential. Go JPL!

Jasmine – like the song, strongly disliked her singing it. Off pitch, just like her semis performance, and like Diana, reconfirms my opinion after a good 1st week that she shouldn’t even be here. Really bad, although I didn’t expect much from her with this genre.

Matt – I expected him to do well with the genre and he did. Still wasn’t blown away, but that’s because I think he’s one of the worst ones in the finals. Probably his best performance to date, but not good enough to get him much further.

Latoya – great job. Wish she’d picked a different song that showcased her voice better, but she did a superb job.

Amy – YES! I knew she’d shine with Country! She even got a good twang down LOL! I don’t even like the song, but she was great. Just like last week, the Latoya-Amy 1-2 was the best of the night! Glad they got the end of the show rather than the bginning this time. 1-866-436-5711 America!

And now rankings:

1. Amy
2. Latoya
3. JPL
4. Fantasia
5. Jennifer
6. Matt
7. John
8. Diana
9. George
10. Camile
11. Jasmine

Based on TONIGHT:
Bottom 3 – Jasmine, Camile, George
and I’d be thrilled for Jasmine or Camile either one to get the axe.

Based on everything so far:
Bottom 3 – Camile, John S., Jasmine
and Camile is easily the boot IMO

What I THINK the audience will do:
Bottom 3 – Camile, John, Jennifer
With Camile the boot (I hope) over Jennifer

- Go JPL!!

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 06:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idols?"
Stellar performances:
Amy, (I was happy for her- she nailed it), Latoya (although, I was reminded how well Josh handled this song last year, I really thought overall, this is just not Latoya's genre.) Matt (there goes my credibility) I thought he did really well with his song. I was pleasantly surprised.

Banal but tolerable:
John S See EnglProf pont on what counts as country...to me this song is not true blue counrty...but hey, what do I know. I am just a monstah from New England who has never even tried Bock Beer. JPL Of all nights to comb this boys hair...his voice can be so unique and some of his notes sound beautiful but I am still waiting for someone to come up with the ultimate catch phrase for him.

Drunken karaoke in my living room:
Pretty much the rest...

Judges
Simon: Pretty much looked bored most of the night (except for his Jon Boy comment)
Randy: Dawg, some peeps are just not understanding your lingo this go around.
Paula: Usual kind self but what was up with the Klingon jewlery?
Ryan: Given the role you play there, I guess you have to be that way.

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 07:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idols?"
You had drunken karaoke in your living room and didn't invite me?

*pout*

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 07:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idols?"
I went alllllll the way over to the bar to look for you but I had to wait in line forvever so I finally just left. I take it, you didn't get my telepathic messages to come on over?

abso-smurfly loves AugustGirl

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idols?"
I was wearing my aluminum foil hat last night. You never know when aliens are around. Apparently aluminum foil interferes with telepathic messages. Who knew?

i THOUGHT i SPOTTED ONE ON THE BOARDS JUST THIS WEEK. i GOT SCARED SO i PUT IT ON. SORRY i MISSED THE KARAOKE!

*BUMMED*

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 08:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "My thoughts"
LAST EDITED ON 03-24-04 AT 08:18 AM (EST)

First off, if the theme is going to be country then only allow them to sing true country songs. Not songs that have crossed over to the pop side.

Diana- awesome note at the end, slurred a few lines though

George- no dip thank goodness, but I'm in the don't like his voice camp

Fantasia- lose the attitude quick, also don't like her voice

Camille- go home and work on the nerves

Matt- stop with the cheese and start using your voice to get votes

JPL- I actually liked this performance, I was surprised at his voice. He actually has a nice voice.

Jennifer- started out bad, way over sang the song and tried to do too much with it

JohnyRed- as soon as they announced the song, I knew you could sing it. But you have no life or emotion in your singing. Go home grow up and then come back.

Jasmine- wrong song, 1. it's a cross over song 2. I think only Faith Hill can sing Faith Hill songs.

LaToya- loved it. Side note- I loved the dress.

Amy- great performance and yes you should be singing country.

Bottom three voted by America- Camille,Amy,Jennifer

Another side note- I heard the Josh Grayson song this morning. It's not bad we'll see how it does on the charts.

Just say no to trolls.

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-24-04, 08:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idols?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-24-04 AT 08:34 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-24-04 AT 08:27 AM (EST)

1. George - Excellent performance and display of range and emotion.
2. Diana - Excellent performance and display of range and emotion.
3. Amy - Good performance but the judges weren't complementing her. They were saying, "Leave here and go to Nashville"
4. Fantasia - Like her better when she's not over the top. Battle w/Simon could hurt.
5. Jennifer - Best performance yet for her
6. Latoya - Not sure what everyone liked. Couldn't understand the words. Performance seemed shouted and forced. Didn't like the song on her.
7. Jasmine - Hard to hear her this week. Was outclassed by others.
8. John Peter Lewis - Rough week but I still like the voice. Has potential. Has a Don McLean/Art Garfunkel thing going on.
9. John Stevens - Needs an image change to not become boring.
10. Matt - Looking forward to his ouster. If he flexes again I will puke. Go back to junior high.
11. Camille - Aloha and mahalo

Bottom 3 as chosen by America:
Fantasia
Jennifer
Camille - Buh bye

Edited to add bottom feeders

leogirl_21 371 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-24-04, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail leogirl_21 Click to send private message to leogirl_21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idols?"
Here's my two cents on last nights performances:

IMO no one had an exceptionally well performance.

Good:
-Diana - nice performance...great way to start off the night.
-Amy - I think she may have caught up with the others because she did well
-Latoya - I liked it...very energetic performance
-Matt - I don't agree with Simon on this one...I liked it!

Okay:
-JPL - A little bit off from his regular style but it was different...not bad.
-John S. - Better than last week for sure...nice voice.
-George - Good, not bad, though I think he can do better.
-Jennifer - She was okay too, but I gotta say that I LOVED the hair!

Whoa:
-Camille - I don't know but it didn't do much for me.
-Jasmine - She disappointed me this week...she's capable of so much more.
-Fantasia - The only reason I put her in the "Whoa" Category is because her attitude and ego is really starting to get on my nerves.

yensid 786 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail yensid Click to send private message to yensid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idols?"
Thought I would drop in with a few cents on the performances tonight.
I completely agree with the people that said, if you are going to do a country night, then make sure the songs really are country.

Diana - I really thought her performance was great, especially when compared against the rest of the group. A good style of music for her.

George - yuck! A great song, although a cross over which I didn't like. He butchered it. Not his style at all

John Stevens - good performance. Great old country song that he did well at

Latoya - WOW! Very difficult song since the words are so quick, but not really a lot of singing. Still a very good job

Amy - who knew the pink haired girl should be a country music star. best performance from her yet

Camile - I like her and I wish she would get more comfortable on stage. Better than last week, but not great.

Jasmine - Not so good. Good song but hard to sing and/or make your own.

Matt Rogers - too corny. I was really looking forward to his performance because I figured this would be a great theme for him, but I was disappointed. However, I don't have a problem with his smile.

Jon Peter - so so for me. I don't really know what everyone sees in him

Jennifer - Attitude is ok if you have the stuff to back it up. You don't have the stuff.

Fantasia - Interesting choise of song which she made her own, but it didn't really do much for me.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idols?"
Good:

Amy - HOME RUN!! She had the twang and the yodel of a country star!

George - He's just good, whatever he sings. I still can't believe he's only here due to someone else screwing up!

Diana - OK, technically, I missed her performance, but the bits I have heard show that she's still one of the best.

LaToya - OK, not my fave tonight, but still good

John S. - perfect song for him tonight.

Bad:

JPL - eh. Tried to go against the wild-and-crazy image. Stick with what works.

Jasmine - eh. She'll survive based on other performances

Jennifer - she looks tons better, but out of her element here

Ugly:

Matt - horrible song choice. He shoulda gone with something more upbeat.

Camile - one of my fave songs. She just didn't do it justice. She still looks too nervous.

Fantasia - don't like her voice, don't like her look, don't like her attitude with Simon. Didn't that backfire on somebody last year?

Bottom 3 (prediction, not choice): Camille, Jennifer, Matt
Camille goes bye-bye.

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

Risti 190 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Risti Click to send private message to Risti Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idols?"
George - He's just good, whatever he sings. I still can't believe he's only here due to someone else screwing up!

I couldn't believe it when he wasn't let through originally. When they showed that room, I was like 'oh...this room is going through because it has George...too bad because I don't like those other people...' I find it highly ironic that he's been a judges favourite since they let him back in. Did they realize they may have messed up on their choices before or after the Roman brothers, I wonder...

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idols?"
I agree. He should have come through from the beginning. Well, he's sure making up for it now.

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-24-04, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idols?"
1. Diana - I loved it. I did think it was one of her better performances. I understand what Simon meant. She was smiling and "performing" too much, I didn't feel she understood the song.

2. LaToya - Upon listening to it the 2nd time, it really wasn't all that good, but like Jasmine's performance last week, it was the "unexpected" factor. You didn't expect her to sing such a crazy song--and despite it not being perfect for her, she didn't bomb and was quite above average. I enjoyed that she challenged herself and it paid off.

3. George - I agree with Paula that he has a sexy singing voice. He has not been so over the top in terms of bubbliness (Like Rickey last season) to irritate me yet. I enjoyed him.

4. Amy - Only this low because I hated the song. I expected Simon to say: "You are a country singer, now get out of the pop competition." But she deserves a pass this week.

5. Fantasia - Unlike others, I saw her comments with Simon as playful, but it won't help those who feel she has a diva attitude. She could be a surprise Bottom 3 tonight.

**GAP**

6. Camille - When I listened to Camille, I thought she would be the worst of the night. But other people were far worse. It was vocally worse than last night, but she didn't look too petrified tonight. I think sitting on the chair helped her.

7. JPL - Awful, maybe the dancing disguised my like for him.

8. Jennifer - I wanted to shout "What are you doing?" She has one of the best voices, but chooses the worst songs. Not in terms of something she can't sing, but she picks songs that are obscure and have no beat, the audience can't connect with her.
Like Camille, Jennifer is one of the contestants I am nervous for before they perform. I believe they have the ability to hit it out of the ballpark, but they can't quite do it. Get it together Boomquisha!

9. Jasmine - Awful--how can you go from the best last week to one of the worst tonight? Tamyra and Julia were both awful on this song. I went to a Faith concert and I thought even Faith sounded pretty bad singing this song live. (It's a studio song)

10. John Stevens - Gee judges, he FORGOT HIS LINES TWICE WHILE HE WAS IN HOLLYWOOD YET YOU STILL ADVANCED HIM. I can see why you would be more forgiving of him FORGETTING AGAIN!

11. Matt - I actually liked the smiling. Too bad I couldn't get over how awful he sounded. I can't believe that Josh Gracin sang this song better.

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-24-04, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idols?"
My thoughts:
Fantasia -- stand out rendition of a Willie Nelson song that I absolutely adore -- this is the first time I have actually liked her performance, as I have found her to be too "showy/loud" on previous shows. But this song was controlled and beautiful. Then, wouldn't you know it, she has to go and ruin it with some kind of tourrette's reaction to Simon, who was actually complementing her -- he was saying that she is so unique, exciting, etc. he doesn't want her to start dressing too conservatively. (sidebar -- I don't think it is fair the way the others always interrupt Simon -- he doesn't do that to them, and like him or not, he is actually the one who says to most constructive comments)
So, Fantasia would have been my number one pick, but her "scene" afterward knocks her down a peg or two. So, my list (from best to least) of last night's performances goes:

1. Amy Adams -- great song, great performance
2. Latoya London -- always good
3. Fantasia
4. Diana -- I totally get what Simon was saying, she needs to not come off too "slick" for her age
5. John S. -- love his voice, love the song, he has grace
6. George Huff -- he connects emotionally with the audience
7. Jennifer Hudson -- I like this girl
8. Matt -- the only reason he is this high is because the others were worse
9. JPL -- I've complained that I can't hear his voice with all his "antics" on stage -- now I heard it, and I'm not impressed
10. Camille -- nerves got her again
11. Jasmine -- huge disappointment, but I guess everyone is entitled to a bad night -- hopefully this one performance will not hurt her in the long run.

I predict the audience will vote off Camille next (with the other bottom 3 being rounded out by Jennifer Hudson and Matt).

compliments of GeorgiaBelle

All happy families resemble one another, but each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way

raidersfantom 137 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail raidersfantom Click to send private message to raidersfantom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idols?"
Lists are fun....
Top Three

1. Amy Adams - can't wait 'til she's gone but she nailed that song last night. Definitely her genre to sing in. Agree with an early post that the judges were saying get off this show and go to Nashville.

2. Latoya London - she is a pro already. She's definitely going to be Tamyra'd though But for a girl from Oakland to go out and nail a Garth Brooks song like that was just unbelievable!

3. Fantasia Barrino - I liked the fact that she softened up too. IMO Simon was just picking at her because he wants to see if she can change her attitude.

Middle of the Pack

4. Diana DeGarmo (sp?) She was "Aight", but I've heard that song sang by Martina a million and one times over. My daughters just love Martina, (5 & 8 yrs. old) and they thought that it was terrible.

5. Jasmine Trias - This was a very safe song, I mean very safe. I've heard it at the Karaoke bar a lot. No way she should have tanked it. She wasn't very good at all.

6. George Huff - He may have thought he was lucky to be singing an All4one song, but he really didn't carry it as well as he could have. He needs to be fun, not serious.

7. John Stevens - Can't really screw this song up, and he did. But who knew? Only the judges til they said something. IMO this guy will be good when he gets older, he's too young right now and needs some maturity to overcome his lack of personality.

8. Jennifer Hudson - She was Aight as well, but, she could've really blown away a few singers if she would've started this song out right, and given it some of that Wynonna grrrrowl.

The bottom feeders.

10. John Peter Lewis - he stunk. He can't dance and can barely hold a tune. I don't know what people see in this guy. He's got to go.

11. Matt Rogers - He was my favorite until last night. He was worse than his first attempt. He has succesfully taken two songs that were great and ripped every last little bit of soul out of them.

12. Camille Velasco - Desperado is a great safe song. Hard to screw up. Just sing along with the melody. Of course she didn't even come close, but she did sound closer to the key than her Hawaiian sister. Just seems nervous and out of her league now.

That's my list, although I think the real bottom three by vote will be Jennifer Hudson, Amy Adams and Matt Rogers.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-24-04, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idols?"
7. John Stevens - Can't really screw this song up, and he did. But who knew? Only the judges til they said something. IMO this guy will be good when he gets older, he's too young right now and needs some maturity to overcome his lack of personality.

I thought everyone knew! Last week both Amy Adams and Leah Labelle forgot their words and covered much much better!

rwarren 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-24-04, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rwarren Click to send private message to rwarren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: So, latest thoughts on our Idols?"
i replayed the show and thought jasmine was not bad at all. JPL definitely bombed. He was out of tune and the timing was off.

I was not impressed with George. I think he's gonna be in the bottom 3 tonight.

Camille was ok for me. I thought she had a good performance last night.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •