The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 10: Reward Challenge (TV GUIDE)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-10-05, 07:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 10: Reward Challenge (TV GUIDE)"
LAST EDITED ON 04-10-05 AT 07:22 AM (EST)

TV Guide (April 17th) has a preview of the RC for episode 10. The description says that "both teams" must build a scaffold over water to retrieve a flag . At each stage, they must swim out with a 35 pound piece of the scaffolding to construct it. The last "group" back to shore wins.

I think this means that there are partners. Tom and Gregg are in the pictures, but there's no buff visible on Tom. The picture (at SurvivorAddicts) is too small to see if Gregg has his on.

I can't get the picture to attach, so here is the link:

http://boards.survivoraddicts.com/showthread.php?p=184092&posted=1#post184092

ET Fix Link

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 10: Reward Challenge (T... Flowerpower 04-10-05 1
 RE: Episode 10: Reward Challenge (T... Scarlett O Hara 04-10-05 2
 RE: Episode 10: Reward Challenge (T... Flowerpower 04-10-05 3
   RE: Episode 10: Reward Challenge (T... KLicK 04-10-05 4
       RE: Episode 10: Reward Challenge (T... Flowerpower 04-10-05 5
           RE: Episode 10: Reward Challenge (T... KLicK 04-10-05 6
   RE: Episode 10: Reward Challenge (T... tomsmom 04-12-05 16
 Here's the text... Flowerpower 04-10-05 7
   RE: Here's the text... sylvester 04-10-05 8
       RE: Here's the text... KLicK 04-11-05 9
           Paging Flowerpower 04-11-05 10
               RE: Paging sylvester 04-11-05 15
           RE: Here's the text... VolcanicGlass 04-11-05 11
               RE: Here's the text... Flowerpower 04-11-05 12
                   RE: Here's the text... Debberz13 04-11-05 13
                   RE: Here's the text... Brownroach 04-11-05 14
                       RE: Here's the text... tomsmom 04-12-05 17
                           RE: Here's the text... Brownroach 04-12-05 18
                               Winner Debberz13 04-14-05 19
                                   RE: Winner KObrien_fan 04-15-05 20
                                   RE: Winner lovwigglesworth 04-15-05 24
                                       RE: Winner Brownroach 04-15-05 25
                                       RE: Winner Debberz13 04-15-05 26
                                           RE: Winner Brownroach 04-15-05 28
                                               RE: Winner Flowerpower 04-15-05 29
                                                   RE: Winner Brownroach 04-15-05 30
                                   RE: Winner DeeVa 04-16-05 33
                                       RE: Winner tribephyl 04-16-05 34
                                           RE: Winner DeeVa 04-16-05 35
                   Episode teaser KLicK 04-15-05 21
                       RE: Episode teaser kary1371 04-15-05 22
                           RE: Episode teaser Flowerpower 04-15-05 23
                           RE: Episode teaser braveheart 04-15-05 27
                               RE: Episode teaser SFGW 04-16-05 31
                                   RE: Episode teaser michel 04-16-05 32
                                       RE: Episode teaser Witless 04-17-05 36
                                   RE: Episode teaser biancaxxx 04-17-05 37
                       RE: Episode teaser Flowerpower 04-17-05 38
                           RE: Episode teaser LookeeLoo 04-18-05 39

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-10-05, 07:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 10: Reward Challenge (TV GUIDE)"
LAST EDITED ON 04-10-05 AT 07:53 AM (EST)

Sounds very physical, surprising that Gregg and Tom are paired together as they are the most physical of the men out there. They must of had to draw for partners....the team with Janu, should just relax on the beach while the others participate, I can really see her swimming with 35# of scaffolding!

Boy, I wonder who will win that challenge?

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-10-05, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 10: Reward Challenge (TV GUIDE)"
If they are indeed on "teams" than they must have had to have drawn straws to determine the team. Also, it must be for reward and some kind of luxury trip to a spa, coffee bar, boat, etc. -- winning team gets to go enjoy the reward. I cannot imagine that it would be for immunity.

Scarlett

04-10-05, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 10: Reward Challenge (TV GUIDE)"
here is the pic posted by VG over at Sucks, and courtesy of Survivor Addicts:

If you will note, Gregg and Tom must be on the same team, but also note that there is another hand on their scaffolding indicating that more than 2 are on a team. As there will be 8 Survivors left in that show, the teams must be made up of 4 people each.

04-10-05, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 10: Reward Challenge (TV GUIDE)"
I see two different "types" of arms in that picture. The lower one seems masculine, while the upper one seems feminine.

It doesn't really help (since it could be Coby or Ian), but it may next week.

04-10-05, 05:23 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Episode 10: Reward Challenge (TV GUIDE)"
LAST EDITED ON 04-10-05 AT 05:25 PM (EST)

KLick: I think it is only one other hand in that pic. If you look closely at the feminine hand holding on to the scaffolding in the lower right corner, what you think may be another more masculine arm down there is really Gregg's left leg extending that way...I only see one other hand belonging to someone out of the cap, in addition to Tom and Gregg.

ETA: Could that be someone's head with the mask on their head in the water right next to the green circle container for the scaffolding, below and in front of Tom...in the water...???

04-10-05, 05:52 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Episode 10: Reward Challenge (TV GUIDE)"
We're talking about that at SA.

I thought it might be Caryn! I've asked Slitter to look at the original picture. She usually only posts at night...so we may have to wait.

~Gabby/KLicK

tomsmom 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-12-05, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tomsmom Click to send private message to tomsmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Episode 10: Reward Challenge (TV GUIDE)"
Hi, I'm new here, hope I am welcome. I think I may have figured out this challenge.
1. The green thing on toms belt is a buoy that is to help the survivors carry the 35 lb pieces out to the station.
2. There are 3 large pieces to the scaffold. See the drawing of the challenge.
3. Toms team is close to winning in the picture. Because: from the sketch you can see the top piece looks like a "house roof". They have their roof (last piece) and are attaching it. Imagine the rest of the scaffold is underwater. After they get the "roof piece secured, they will stick the bottom of the scaffold in the green buoy things to float it high. they can then climb up to get the flag.
What do you think?
Tomsmom (not tom westman's mom, silly)

04-10-05, 10:37 PM (EST)
7. "Here's the text..."

For the record, I think that is someone's head in the water under and in front of Tom, with a mask on their head...

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-10-05, 11:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Here's the text..."
"For the record, I think that is someone's head in the water under and in front of Tom, with a mask on their head..."

Fp, it's definitely someone in the water with a mask on, and it's one female hand on the right side of the pic. That's Greg's leg arcing out that someone thought was another hand. I cut out that part of the pic and enhanced, see what you think:

Please call me Cat!!

04-11-05, 05:38 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Here's the text..."
I wish I could bring over the pics, but Slitter checked and made a new scan of the picture. That is Caryn in the bottom corner. You can also see a bracelet on the arm -- which matches Janu's!

Bye Coby!

http://boards.survivoraddicts.com/showthread.php?t=15064&page=1&pp=15

(Post #9 - #14)

04-11-05, 06:19 AM (EST)
10. "Paging "
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-05 AT 06:46 AM (EST)

Paging Cat or Bobscure! Could you guys see if you could work your magic with that pic? I definately think that arm could be Janu's....it's quite slim. I do think that it is a female head in the water as well, and I could buy Caryn, but it's not definitive for me!

ETA: Here is a pic of Janu's bracelet and Caryn's head, for comparison!

Thanks KLick!

fp

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-05, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Paging "
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-05 AT 11:34 AM (EST)

Could someone bring over Slitter's entire pic? I'd like to focus on the person in the water, but I'm not a member of Addicts and it won't let me view the pic.

My first thought was Caryn too.

Edited my duh moment, lol. This is RC.

Please call me Cat!!
Got Candles?

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-11-05, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Here's the text..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-05 AT 10:22 AM (EST)

edited to clarify that this is Slitter's scan. VG

04-11-05, 11:16 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Here's the text..."
Thanks VG! That confirms to me that it is indeed skinny Janu's arm. Her contribution to the challenge is probably just holding on...lol!

Debberz13 132 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-11-05, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Debberz13 Click to send private message to Debberz13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Here's the text..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-05 AT 11:32 AM (EST)

Is that a person completely underwater between Greg's foot and the bar than Janu is holding on to? Diving mask facing camera, right arm extended out in front of him/her?

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-05, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Here's the text..."
Well -- that confirms Janu is not getting the boot this week...

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

tomsmom 2 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-05, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tomsmom Click to send private message to tomsmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Here's the text..."
Hi, I'm new here, hope I am welcome. I think I may have figured out this challenge.
1. The green thing on toms belt is a buoy that is to help the survivors carry the 35 lb pieces out to the station.
2. There are 3 large pieces to the scaffold. See the drawing of the challenge.
3. Toms team is close to winning in the picture. Because: from the sketch you can see the top piece looks like a "house roof". They have their roof (last piece) and are attaching it. Imagine the rest of the scaffold is underwater. After they get the "roof piece secured, they will stick the bottom of the scaffold in the green buoy things to float it high. they can then climb up to get the flag.
What do you think?
Tomsmom (not tom westman's mom, silly)

04-12-05, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Here's the text..."
Hi tomsmom, and welcome.

That is a very plausible description. I think that the scaffold must be at least four pieces in its entirety though, since the article says the first piece is already in place and its sounds like they have to swim more than two pieces out. But it does look like the legs are supposed to get planted in the buoys.

04-14-05, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Debberz13 Click to send private message to Debberz13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Winner"
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-05 AT 10:03 AM (EST)

Greg's team wins this reward. In the previews from tonight's show, there is a segment where they show a fish platter being served. You can clearly see Greg's cut off pants. On the other side of the table there is a woman's hand putting down a water glass. I thought it looked like Jen's but by the pics above she is not on his team so it must be Caryn's.

edited to add pic*

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-05, 03:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Winner"
So if it is Tom, Gregg, Caryn, and Janu on one team, that means the other team is Steph, Ian, Jenn, and Katie. It makes sense that Tom's group wins even with the piece of driftwood that is Janu competing.

lovwigglesworth 239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-15-05, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovwigglesworth Click to send private message to lovwigglesworth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Winner"
Are we sure this is Greg? The arm looks feminine to me. Does one of the females have dark shorts?

04-15-05, 03:05 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Winner"
I agree the arm looks feminine. Isn't that probably their, um, waitress serving the platter?

04-15-05, 03:35 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Winner"
This isn't the best pic but you can tell that the person attached to the shorts is male in the preview (large, muscular, hairy arm).

04-15-05, 05:58 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Winner"
Alright, I am confused. First of all, I don't see any shorts. The person with the platter is not Gregg -- Gregg does not wear a bracelet, which the platter-bearer has on their right wrist:

And these are not Gregg's arms. This person is wearing some red fringe-y thing, it is a Palauan native.

So am I missing something here? What are you seeing that I am not?

04-15-05, 06:24 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Winner"
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-05 AT 06:26 PM (EST)

OKay BR, the arms on the right side of the cap that are holding the fish platter, serving, with the bracelet are indeed the servers arms. We are noting the arm on the farthest left side of the cap, if you look just below that arm you can see some material from their shorts. In the other cap of the served fish, you can clearly see that they are shorts. Peeps are speculating that that is Gregg, sitting down, being the one served. In the other cap of the served fish, you can see Gregg's hand reaching for the glass...

...at least that's how I saw it...help Cat, we need you and your magic arrows again!

04-15-05, 06:36 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Winner"
Okay, I see it now, the edge of the shorts and a tiny bit of leg. The arm putting down or removing the water glass belongs to the person with the shorts. That does look like Gregg's arm to me.

DeeVa 4 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-05, 10:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DeeVa Click to send private message to DeeVa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Winner"
The arm reaching for the glass mug seems female to me...and I will attempt to post the the vidcap I found of Gregg but his shorts look more ragged than what we see in this picture...

Here goes nothing...

ok uploading the pic didn't work...but look at it here picture is #S10E06CBS12 :

http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/graphics/gallery/GreggCarey

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-05, 10:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Winner"
For reference:

DeeVa, Just right click on the image, choose "copy image address" then paste address in your post. Super easy.
No need to upload.

DeeVa 4 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-05, 10:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DeeVa Click to send private message to DeeVa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Winner"
Thx tribephyl I don't get that option...I get copy...then I don't get the paste option in here

04-15-05, 05:36 AM (EST)
21. "Episode teaser"
An unexpected performance by a tribemate during a Challenge results in a victory for the team.

Could that be Janu? Nah...dumb idea.

kary1371 631 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-05, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kary1371 Click to send private message to kary1371 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Episode teaser"
But then again, who else would we be surprised to see perform???

04-15-05, 10:52 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Episode teaser"
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-05 AT 03:36 PM (EST)

Maybe Caryn is the unexpected member that helps to seal the RC win....we see Tom and Gregg up on the structure, busy building it, maybe Caryn's marathon training comes into play here and she is the one to swim and retrieve some of the 35# of scaffolding?

braveheart 104 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-05, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail braveheart Click to send private message to braveheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Episode teaser"
Personally, I'd fall over if Katie were to perform anything other than a puppet show.

SFGW 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-16-05, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SFGW Click to send private message to SFGW Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Episode teaser"
What do we know of the actual Reward?

Looks like dancing, food, and a cultural class from the chiefs. Is this even close to where the tribes are staying? Do we know where this feast happens at? Do we have any idea of the time frame involved? Win challenge early afternoon, get sent by boat/helicoper, to the other island, and come back the next day?

Last season the same reward 4 vs 4 had them go to the same type of Reward, but I don't remember how they got their or if they even stayed overnight?

What do you think?

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-05, 08:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Episode teaser"
From what I remember, they stayed overnight because Chad had too much Kava and had to go sleep it off.

Witless 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-17-05, 01:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Witless Click to send private message to Witless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Episode teaser"
They were supposed to stay all night, anyway. That was part of the reward.

biancaxxx 282 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-17-05, 03:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail biancaxxx Click to send private message to biancaxxx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Episode teaser"
I heard this from an interview with one of the people from palau:

For example, one of the prizes called for a feast, a local feast with the chiefs. And that was done for them. So the contestants had the opportunity to enjoy a traditional feast and have one of the chiefs talk to them about Palau's culture, about Palau's history and the significance of the dances and the chants, the traditional chants and dances.

04-17-05, 07:29 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Episode teaser"
LAST EDITED ON 04-17-05 AT 08:59 AM (EST)

An unexpected performance by a tribemate during a Challenge results in a victory for the team.

Although it does seems as if the Gregg/Tom team may win it all, I am speculating about the other team of Ian/Steph/Jenn/Katie. Perhaps Steph and Jenn step up somehow to get all the scaffolding pieces while Katie and Ian build it, could this be the challenge where Ian's height really comes into play and leads to a win?

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-18-05, 07:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LookeeLoo Click to send private message to LookeeLoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Episode teaser"
Now that Steph is here, it could make both Jenn and Katie step up in the competition! If we can only determine who's shorts those are at RC!. Some think it looks female, some think it looks male.

I'm looking at the hand. It looks hairy to me, but I am not good at pics.

Also, do we have a list of survivors who have black or dark shorts? I can only count these right now: Gregg, Katie, Caryn. I saw Tom in something black, but the length went down just below the knee.

LookeeLoo

Another Dicey Original 2004

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •