The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Week 2 - Best & Worst"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-23-04, 10:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Week 2 - Best & Worst"
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-04 AT 10:07 PM (EST)

And, no, I don't mean the judges.
Who's on top of the charts?
Who's on the bottom of the pile?

Who wanted Josh to get up and sing tonight?
He was there anyway.
Me: "Josh, I will pay you to enter this competition"

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst Angelfood 03-23-04 1
   RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst EnglProf 03-23-04 2
   RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst SouperStar 03-23-04 4
 RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst I_AM_HE 03-23-04 3
 RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst Risti 03-23-04 5
 RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst tk72 03-24-04 6
 RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst Mistral 03-24-04 7
   RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst NikkiiBlu 03-25-04 40
 RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst coolflowerpowerman 03-24-04 8
   RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst ManilaESQ 03-24-04 9
       RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst shedevil 03-24-04 10
           RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst pmspml5 03-24-04 11
 RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst AugustGirl 03-24-04 12
 RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst Bebo 03-24-04 13
   RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst Lisapooh 03-24-04 24
       RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst MTW1961 03-24-04 39
       RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst arg2 03-29-04 42
 RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst ElroyJetson 03-24-04 14
 RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst libgirl2 03-24-04 15
   RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst mrc 03-24-04 16
 RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst Glow 03-24-04 17
 RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst Monicanada 03-24-04 18
   RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst leogirl_21 03-24-04 19
 RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst GuessItRains 03-24-04 20
 RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst MTW1961 03-24-04 21
   RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst rwarren 03-24-04 31
 RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst nailbone 03-24-04 22
 RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst brvnkrz 03-24-04 23
 RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst DoodleBug 03-24-04 25
 RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst managerr 03-24-04 26
   RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst Farmie 03-24-04 27
       Here you go: I_AM_HE 03-24-04 34
           RE: Here you go: Farmie 03-25-04 41
 RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst rwarren 03-24-04 28
   RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst Ricky 03-24-04 36
 RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst Oscirus 03-24-04 29
 RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst ValleyGirl 03-24-04 30
 RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst hunniebunns 03-24-04 32
 RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst BennyBoy 03-24-04 33
 RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst Ricky 03-24-04 35
   RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst badger 03-24-04 37
 RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst Mizz Eve 03-24-04 38

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-23-04, 10:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
Faves - Latoya - great again, did a hard one (fast) and showed some spunk.
Amy - they are right, she is made for country. or a pop-country hybrid, had a great attitude in her kick-a performance.
Diana - did great
JonPL - His singing & emotion really touched me tonight.

Bad:
Matt - I love that song and you Butchered IT!!! And you were off-key or flat, it hurt my ears, dawg!
Camille - I think she's adorable, but I can't understand her - too low and mumbly and Obviously TOO nervous - Simon's right.
Sorry sweets.

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-23-04, 10:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
I knew someone would simultaneously start a thread!! You're pretty quick Angelfood!!

SouperStar 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-23-04, 10:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SouperStar Click to send private message to SouperStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
Good - LaToya, Amy, Fantasia, Jennifer

Bottom 3 - Diana, Camile, Jasmine

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-23-04, 10:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
LOVED: Amy, Latoya, JPL

LOATHED: Jasmine (she's the only one I thought was just horrible, although Camile still sounded very nervous and George and Diana didn't do anything for me either)

Risti 190 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-04, 11:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Risti Click to send private message to Risti Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
I'll copy what I just posted to my live journal here:

The quickest way to sum up my thoughts of American Idol this week:Just about everyone who showed there weaknesses last week showed their strengths this week. Unfortunately, the reverse is also true. Mainly, this was a week where alot of people really held back, with a few exceptions I'll mention in a minute. Because they held back, it made for a rather boring show. Country ballads sung with an R&B voice mean R&B ballads, something which is not really my style of music. That said, I thought the stars of tonight were Diana(despite a performance that wasn't as good as last week), John Stevens(it didn't sound country, but it sure did sound good), Latoya and Amy. The last two were victim to some poor balancing as the background music threatenned to overpower them at times, but I can't blame them for that.

Diana opened up the evening with a performance that was just about everything you could hope it would be. The power and control of her voice amazed me once again, but it was in my opinion her weakest performance yet. It shows how well I think everyone performed this week that she was still one of my picks. Her video clip showed just how much of an all American girl she is. I was half expecting her to walk out and sing the anthem as her country music pick. However, she had moments in the song that she did do that grated on my ear slightly, something her voice has never done before, and I don't think it was just the country style.

John Stevens. I thought he showed some of the best connection with the audience today that he ever has. He just looked comfortable on stage. Yes, he messed up the words, but despite what he said, he didn't panic about it. In that, he acted like a professional. Mistakes happen. People forget words. Anyone who has seen more than a couple of live concerts knows that. However, he didn't let it phase him, and finished off the song with style(the looking over his shoulder bit was priceless). Vocally, it was a slightly more upbeat song, and he took it and just made it his own. This performance made me realize why so many people thinks he has potential. I still think he might need a couple years to mature, but I give him props for tonight's show.

Latoya. The first person of the evening who really understood the spirit of country. She got a bit behind her music at one point - I wonder just how well she could hear it out in front of the stage like that - but she caught up, and delivered a great performance even though you knew that wasn't really her style. If AI is going to do these theme weeks, you have to go for them full force, or they're pointless. While the performance wasn't flawless, she made up for last week's performance in my opinion, and I really began to seriously consider her as being able to win this thing.

Amy. Amy, Amy, Amy. In her top 32 performance, I remember thinking to myself 'that's how I'd sing that song, if I ever had to.' It was a diva song, but not really a diva performance, just singing it with a fresh bit of edge. This week, as I saw her excel in country, a genre she 'hadn't really considered', I realized I'd found my vocal match(with a slighty more soprano range). I too am someone who didn't really consider singing country for a long time, until one day, I realized hey, I can sing this stuff, and sound good doing it. It's an odd position to be in, realizing that your vocal strengths lie in a genre that isn't your favourite. However, when I tried out for Canadian Idol last year, what did I sing? A country song. The trick that I hope Amy realizes is that you can trick people into thinking they're hearing something different when you use that country tone to it's full potential. Anyhow, enough about me. Amy did a great performance tonight. Totally makes up for last week's bottom two.

To quickly sum up the others. JPL and Matt Rodgers, again, you disapointed me. Matt, you did sell out. Go back to that raw rock edge you had in your first performance. You have a voice that could have done country so well, but instead you shyed away from the genre. If you'd picked a more up tempo, undeniably country song, you could have rocked. Camille, you overcame your nerves better than last week, but unfortunately it was still a weak performance. George...this is what I was worried about. This style really didn't suit you, and the song wasn't in the sweet spot of your range. You need to remember to keep things higher up in the register, because your lower range gets a little too growly. Fantasia, Jennifer, good performances, but nothing really standout in my mind. I don't think either of you have to worry about going home yet though. Jasmine...Jasmine you disapointed me so much tonight. Not a strong performance at all for you.

Winner for Tonight: Amy Adams. You go girl!
Winner overall: Still too early to really tell, but Latoya and Diana got their spotlight tonight as part of the 'good group of five'
Going Home: Camille or Jasmine, I believe, although it could be Matt Rodgers. I think he like Josh last season has perhaps a little too much of a fanbase to go too early in the season. If I had my way I'd put JPL in that list as well, but take the fanbase comment and multiply it by a 100 for him. How long will those dimples get him through this competition?

tk72 151 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 01:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tk72 Click to send private message to tk72 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
Great:
Amy- she did great tonight!
Diana- showed confidence tonight.
Latoya- energetic perfomance.

Good: Jenifer, JPL, George, John S.

Poor: camile, jasmmine, matt- didn't do anything for me tonight.

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-24-04, 01:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
Best:

Amy - hot damn!
Latoya - but she could probably sing the phone book and I'd like it.
Diana - even if she has been raised to win competitions, she's doing ok.

Worst:

Camille - did anyone notice her left earring was sticking out? Plus, she has no stage persona.
Jasmine - I guess I expected better after last week, but it was very humdrum.
JPL - Guess I'm too old to find him cute. Don't care much for his voice, either.

That being said, I think they're all safe, even Camille because of the Hawaii thing. But I think it's time she went.

Who isn't safe: probably Jennifer - she doesn't seem to have the fan base, and her overall dissing by Simon may affect her chances.

NikkiiBlu 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-25-04, 05:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail NikkiiBlu Click to send private message to NikkiiBlu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
I Agree Camille has no presence, I like her voice but does she want this?

When shes on stage she looks like thats the last place she wants to be.

Fantasia is the best! she just needs to lay off the attitude

coolflowerpowerman 456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-24-04, 01:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail coolflowerpowerman Click to send private message to coolflowerpowerman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
My Rankings:

1. Latoya
2. Amy
3. Diana
4. Fantasia
5. George
6. Matt
7. Jennifer
8. Jasmine
9. John Peter Lewis
10. John Andrews
X 11. Camille

First, let me start by saying that the first performer (Diana) and the last two (Latoya and Amy) ROCKED!!! All of the ones in the middle were either mediocre, or just horrible to listen to.

Fantasia and George both did well, but their performances were nothing special, in my opinion.

I didn't think Matt, Jennifer, or Jasmine lived up to their potential this week, but based off of past performances I would keep them around.

John Peter had a very weak vocal performance, but he is staying above the other John because he actually has a personality.

John Andrews has an OK voice, but is as stiff as a board. Methinks his "fan base" will evaporate sooner than later.

Camille has a good voice, she's a pretty girl, but she is simply forgettable as a performer. She will not get the votes to continue, and I predict she will be voted off.

ManilaESQ 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-24-04, 03:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ManilaESQ Click to send private message to ManilaESQ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
Top 3: La Toya, Fantasia and Amy
Bottom 3: Jasmine, Jon Stevens (he forgot the lyrics!!!) and Jennifer.

Next bootee: Jennifer

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-24-04, 04:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
Top 3: Amy, George & LaToya
Bottom 3: Jasmine, Jon Stevens (he forgot the lyrics!!!) and Jennifer.
Next bootee: Jennifer
(Who I wish would be booted: Fantasia.. I don't find the "Donald Duck" sound to be a good one.)

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-24-04, 07:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
LAST EDITED ON 03-24-04 AT 04:39 PM (EST)

Ok well I dont think my taste will show in the voting however:

Did awesome:

Amy

Did Good:

Dianna DiGarmo
John Stevens (I dont think the judges should point out the words-
besides - my all time fav Clay forgot his words in
Chicago the other night)
Fantasia Barrino
George Huff
La Toya London (I thought it was just a tiny bit off for her)
Jennifer Hudson

Did Awful to me:

Jon Peter Lewis (although he took a chance so I think he stays)
Matthew Rodgers
Camile Velasco
Jasmine Trias (actually thought hers was the worse of the night)

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 07:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
LAST EDITED ON 03-24-04 AT 07:36 AM (EST)

Best:

Amy
Diana
George (I agree with Paula - George has a very sexy voice)

Worst:

Red head kid (I can never remember his name!)
Camille
Jon Peter - at least he didn't dance!

Jennifer will probably go because she just seems like she has a chip on her shoulder. But then again so does Simon. She did look good with the new do, though. And her intro piece about her mom thinking she was sick as a kid because her ribs were showing..... What a hoot!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 08:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
I tuned in late, so I missed seeing Diana, George, and Fantasia. But here's what I thought of what I saw:

Thumbs Up:
- Amy - I voted for her. Excellent song choice, delivered well. She finally picked a song in her range.
- Latoya - Picked a tough song and did it well.
- Jennifer - Loved her new look! Vocals weren't as strong as the other two, but she did way better than so many folks.

Eh:
- Jon Peter - Well, I kept saying there was a voice under there, and I wished he would let us hear it. Now that I've heard it, I'm not all that impressed with it. There are people who deserve ousting before him, but I don't want him sticking around until the end.
- John Stevens - If only he had half of JPL's personality to go along with his far superior voice. Even though he forgot the words, he picked the right song, and sang the parts he remembered a lot better than some of the folks did.

Bleah:
- Jasmine - The beginning of the song was too low for her, and then she never got up to the notes once it was in her range. Disappointing, but not as horrific as the two I'm listing below her.

- Camille - She butchered a terrific song. Randy's comments about her jerky delivery were dead on.
- Matt - Mr. B was afraid I was going to throw things at the TV during his performance because I was so appalled. Did he get any notes right? He was flat, flat, flat and hacked that song to bits. I wondered what drugs Randy and Paula had taken before his performance to be able to say nice things about it, and think they should be mandatory for the viewing audience if we're going to continue to be subjected to that crap.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
Bebo - were you at the grocery store last night too? I missed the same
three performances you did - so I'll just post under you.

I was really disappointed last night - I love country music and I was underwhelmed with the song choices and the performances.

1. Amy - it was good. I hate that they changed the lyrics. You can't say mattress dancin on TV now? Puh-leez.

2. Jennifer - it was awful in the beginning - really really bad. But she finished strong and got the crowd involved. She looked great too. There's so much room for improvement with her - she could be fierce! I hope America gives her the chance.

3. John Stevens - I'm not a fan of his but he picked the best possible song for his voice.

4. Latoya - This is very first time I've gotten to hear her. I was totally underwhelmed. Maybe my expectations were too high after reading all the praise for her or something. Seemed kind of mechanical and joyless considering the song she performed.

5. Jasmine - was last week a fluke? She was like a totally different girl last night.

6. JPL - I thought he was just awful. Wretched really. Vomit worthy. Not.Good.At.All.

7. Matt - can't sing. too smug. not attractive. not funny. not entertaining. not worthy. And I just know we are gonna be stuck with his tone-deaf ##### for weeks.

8. Camille - she sucks. The tremors in her voice? I'm not getting it. I have yet to hear her not suck and the nerves are not endearing - they are annoying and unprofessional.

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-24-04, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
Lisapooh - your I lvoed your comments. They are EXACTLY what I was thinking - every last word! I would only add that even though I, too, was underwhelmed by Latoya's performance, I did enjoy it. That may be due to what she's shown us so far.

Handcrafted by RollDdice - thanks, RollD, you are the MAN!

Poho and Bebo ROCK! But you both need TiVo!!! (I watched last night's episode in about 1/2 hour. Just the actual performances, though.)

arg2 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-29-04, 05:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arg2 Click to send private message to arg2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-04 AT 01:29 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-29-04 AT 05:33 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-29-04 AT 05:28 AM (EST)

Hello I'm a newbie. I really couldn't put my finger on my issue with Latoya, but Lisapooh hit it on the head.

Latoya- Caught her during an ANTM commercial break. From what I saw she rocked the H E C K out of Ain't going down. The girl can sing her betooshie off, but she seems like she is forcing her excitement for votes sake, both weeks...IMO.

Fantasia- Although she does too much sometimes, she is my favorite. Really liked her performance. Very controlled. I was kind of nervous when they said she was doing Willie Nelson. I will say that I thought her response to Simon was uncalled for even though she was kidding.

Jennifer- Strong voice, but too doggone gospel for this show. caughts bits of performance. Still over the top.

JPL- I missed his performance. ANTM was on.

John Stevens- I like the Rat pack. He makes me want to listen to "It might as well be Swing." I think this performance was his best so far. Vocally.

Missed Matt, Amy, and Jasmine.

Camille- What the hey? Why the bleep is she still there? Please shut her up. She can not be compared to Lauryn Hill in any way. I hope I've heard the last of that nonsense. Too freakin' timid. And what is with the little hip hop head knod thingy she does. Stop her. Now.

Diana- Too young. Performance was shakey IMO. Good voice though.

George- Talented, but I promise to high heaven that I hate that song.

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-24-04, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
1. George - Excellent performance and display of range and emotion.
2. Diana - Excellent performance and display of range and emotion.
3. Amy - Good performance but the judges weren't complementing her. They were saying, "Leave here and go to Nashville"
4. Fantasia - Like her better when she's not over the top. Battle w/Simon could hurt.
5. Jennifer - Best performance yet for her
6. Latoya - Not sure what everyone liked. Couldn't understand the words. Performance seemed shouted and forced. Didn't like the song on her.
7. Jasmine - Hard to hear her this week. Was outclassed by others.
8. John Peter Lewis - Rough week but I still like the voice. Has potential. Has a Don McLean/Art Garfunkel thing going on.
9. John Stevens - Needs an image change to not become boring.
10. Matt - Looking forward to his ouster. If he flexes again I will puke. Go back to junior high.
11. Camille - Aloha and mahalo

Bottom 3 as chosen by America:
Fantasia
Jennifer
Camille - Buh bye

Shamelessly cross posted. We really need to standardize this.

libgirl2 81 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-24-04, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail libgirl2 Click to send private message to libgirl2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
Best:
Amy- I waited all night to hear a Chicks song and was so glad it waasn't a cheesy ballad but something fun and kicky. She looked comfortable and was having a good time.

John S.- I know people do not like him, but this song was perfect for him. He might not be a "pop" idol, but the guy can sing when he has a good song for him.

Latoya- Fun and exciting. Glad to see her pick something other then a cheesy ballad. Very good.

Worst:
Camille- sorry but I couldn't even understand the lyrics and what is up with the jerky hand movements etc...??? Voice was weak and she still looks too nervous.

JPL-as much as I have been entertained by him in the past, this song did not suit him. I really thought he would do "Low Places" (why did no one do that one??!!!) or some kind of kicky fun song... this was boring dull and did not suit his voice.

Jasmine- Off-key, boring song and just average. I put her as one of the worse, cause she can do soooooo much better.

The rest were all in between (and I am a George fan) not bad, but not WOW!

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
Best--Diana and Amy
Worst--Jasmine, Camille, and Matt
Mediocre--Everyone else

While watching the (painful) line-dancing skit, it occurred to me that JPL missed his chance. He should have chosen Billy Ray Cyrus' "Achy-Breaky Heart." That would have been a perfect song choice for him, what with the cheesy lyrics and compulsion to dance whenever the song comes on. Not that I do . . . seriously, I don't, so stop looking at me that way!!

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
I so wanted to hear Josh sing.

Amy kicked butt last night. Latoya and Fantasia did beautifully. Again. They still blow the rest away. I wouldn't be surprised if Jennifer went home this week. She does nothing for me. I still like Camille. I don't know why.

an incredible JSlice creation

Monicanada 532 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Monicanada Click to send private message to Monicanada Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
Best: LaToya & Diana
Worst: John Stevens & Camille

Created by the amazing J Slice!
RMMW!

leogirl_21 371 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-24-04, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail leogirl_21 Click to send private message to leogirl_21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
Posted this elsewhere but I just copied and pasted it here.

BTW yes I would have loved if Josh Gracin did sing...he was one of my favs last season on Idol.

IMO no one had an exceptionally well performance.

Good:
-Diana - nice performance...great way to start off the night.
-Amy - I think she may have caught up with the others because she did well
-Latoya - I liked it...very energetic performance
-Matt - I don't agree with Simon on this one...I liked it!

Okay:
-JPL - A little bit off from his regular style but it was different...not bad.
-John S. - Better than last week for sure...nice voice.
-George - Good, not bad, though I think he can do better.
-Jennifer - She was okay too, but I gotta say that I LOVED the hair!

Whoa:
-Camille - I don't know but it didn't do much for me.
-Jasmine - She disappointed me this week...she's capable of so much more.
-Fantasia - The only reason I put her in the "Whoa" Category is because her attitude and ego is really starting to get on my nerves.

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GuessItRains Click to send private message to GuessItRains Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
Best 3 Performances (best to worst): LaToya, Diana, Amy
Worst 3 Performances (worst to best): Jasmine, Camile, John S

Best Attitue: JPL
Worst Attitude: Fantasia

My Predictions
America's Bottom 3: Fantasia, Camile, Jennifer
Going Home: Jennifer

I'm betting Jennifer is going home. She and Amy were the bottom 2 meaning they both had to sing their hearts out. Amy did (despite what Simon said I thought she was great). Jennifer was so-so and the performers who did worse than she did have bigger fanbases. Like it or not, she's going to be compared with LaToya and Fantasia, and her voice just can't compete with theirs.

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-24-04, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
LOVED: Diana and Latoya
LIKED: Fantasia, Amy
TOLERATED: John, George, Jasmine, Jennifer
VOMITED: Camile, Matt, Jon Peter

I think it comes down to Latoya and Diana in the end. To me, nobody else is even close. Both have been consistently amazing.

George and Fantasia are obviously popular and VERY good, but I just personally don't like either one's voice. Jasmine was GREAT last week, but terrible this week. The judges' comments were right on the money regarding her performance. Same with Jon Peter - he sounded just frightful.

Amy was awesome this week and may be a dark horse. She was one of my very early favorites, but hasn't sounded good the last few weeks.

I hope America sends Camile, Matt, and Jennifer home in short order - they are a cut below the rest.

Handcrafted by RollDdice - thanks, RollD, you are the MAN!

Proud Member RBBRTFHLA/Sugar Ho Division/Gummi Candy Section

rwarren 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-24-04, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rwarren Click to send private message to rwarren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
I agree. It's gonna come down between Diana and latoya. They are the only consistent performers aside from Fantasia who is not gonna last because of her irritating attitude.

I think Jennifer will go then maybe camille. Matt,JPL, and John will continue to survive because of a large fanbase.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
Good:

Amy - HOME RUN!! She had the twang and the yodel of a country star!

George - He's just good, whatever he sings. I still can't believe he's only here due to someone else screwing up!

Diana - OK, technically, I missed her performance, but the bits I have heard show that she's still one of the best.

LaToya - OK, not my fave tonight, but still good

John S. - perfect song for him tonight.

Bad:

JPL - eh. Tried to go against the wild-and-crazy image. Stick with what works.

Jasmine - eh. She'll survive based on other performances

Jennifer - she looks tons better, but out of her element here

Ugly:

Matt - horrible song choice. He shoulda gone with something more upbeat.

Camile - one of my fave songs. She just didn't do it justice. She still looks too nervous.

Fantasia - don't like her voice, don't like her look, don't like her attitude with Simon. Didn't that backfire on somebody last year?

Bottom 3 (prediction, not choice): Camille, Jennifer, Matt
Camille goes bye-bye.

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
I'll state the obvious that Latoya was great.
Now, I have always been a fan of Amy's personality but not so much her singing, but last night she was great. She tore that song up and I mean that in a good way. Simon was out of his mind. If she comes in the bootom 3 this week something is wrong.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
LAST EDITED ON 03-24-04 AT 04:37 PM (EST)

Top 5....

1. Amy Adams - YES! She rocked tonight. Perfect song choice
2. Latoya - I love her, but thought that was an odd song choice for her. She still rocked.
3. Diana - excellent job!
4. George - he's just so CUTE!
5. Fantasia - I thought she did a great job with the song, however, she's going to wear thin on me soon.

Bottom Dwellers......

6. John Stevens - I liked him tonight! Perfect song for him.
7. JPL - He was 50/50 tonight - I liked 50% of the song and the other half had me cringing.
8. Jennifer - I still don't like her
9. Jasmine - OFF KEY, bad job tonight
10. Matt - YUCK! I SO wanted Josh to sing this song tonight!!!
11. Camille - buh-bye

Snazzy new sigpic by Slice

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-24-04, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
I have to give Josh some props for *finally* losing the weight. Or at least wearing an outfit that camoflouged it well. He looked good.

But I don't want to hear him sing again ever. (Although if I were going to be tortured, I'd prefer them torture me with Josh's version of "Amazed" compared to Matt's)

Farmie 73 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Farmie Click to send private message to Farmie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
Hi! I'm new to these boards and have been reading for several weeks. I've really enjoyed what I've read...a lot of personality!

I'm not sure if this is where I should ask this here or start a new thread. I guess I should read the rules, huh? Anyway, would someone mind posting the songs each AI sang last night. I missed the show and forgot to set the VCR.

Thanks,
Suz <---- who will go back into lurkdom now

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "Here you go:"
(shamelessly stolen from www.idolonfox.com, for your future reference)

Diana - "A Broken Wing"
George - "I Can Love You Like That"
Fantasia - "Always On My Mind"
John S. - "King of the Road"
Jennifer - "No One Else On Earth"
Camile - "Desperado"
JPL - "She Believes In Me"
Jasmine - "Breathe"
Matt - "Amazed"
Latoya - "Ain't Goin' Down Till the Sun Comes Up"
Amy - "Sin Wagon"

- Go JPL!

Farmie 73 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-04, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Farmie Click to send private message to Farmie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Here you go:"
Thanks He! I'm sorry I missed it, I love "A Broken Wing."

And thanks for the website for future reference.

Suz

rwarren 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-24-04, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rwarren Click to send private message to rwarren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"

Best : Fantasia
Worst: JPL (very out of tune)
George (the screeching, poor choice of song)
Jennifer (great singer, wrong choice of songs)
Most Consistent: Latoya, Diana, Fantasia
Most improved: Camille (I thought she was among the best in the group last night;wondering where those comments of Randy's were comnig from)
Bye-bye baby: Jennifer

Fantasia never learns a lesson from the past contestants. She should take criticisms with poise and grace because there's no way she'd win public acceptance with that kind of behavior (regardless of whether she has a point or not). I think Simon is just testing how much pressure these kids can handle. Fantasia's behavior last night only reinforces the general public perception of how big her head is.
But she was the best for me last night, no doubt)

I think it becomes clearer that it's gonna be a fight between Diana and latoya in the end (and maybe Fantasia if the public forgives her for behavior last night).

I like Diana because she always takes criticisms gracefully (to think she is only 16, she behaves better than the most people in the group). I think Latoya would take criticisms in a nice way, too.

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-24-04, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
I agree with you about Diana taking critism well. She behaves more like 26 than 16. I'm not sure why Simon doesn't like her that much. Hopefully, he'll see the light soon.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-24-04, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
top 3- Diannna,Latoya, Fantasia
bottom3-Jennifer,Jasmine,Camille
gone-jennifer

honorable mention- John good job covering up that you forgot the words.

Bring back the spice rack
Congragulations to the apprentice Mr Kwame Jackson

ValleyGirl 377 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ValleyGirl Click to send private message to ValleyGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
Best performance of the night: Amy
Worst performance of the night: Camille

Good performances: Latoya, Diana,
Average performances: John, Fantasia, George,Jennifer
Poor performances: Camille, Matthew, Jasmine, JPL

Bottom three: Camille, Matthew,Jasmine

Going home: Camille, buh bye

hunniebunns 119 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hunniebunns Click to send private message to hunniebunns Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
Here goes...

Diana: She was good as always. I think she'll probably go pretty far in this.

George: I thought it was good, I hated that he chose a song that already had a R&B version. I wasn't blown away with it, tho.

Fantasia: I thought her song choice was excellent. I think it showed that she can sing without going overboard with it. I really like her voice too.

John Stevens: Well, I hope that the judges got what they wanted from him. Poor kid, he probably doesn't exactly know what to do...he gets too much conflicting advice. He did it well, but as an American Idol, I don't think he's ready.

Camille: I really liked her from the beginning and I have tried so hard to be a fan of hers but I don't think she's quite ready either. Last night was just horrible...not as bad as a few others but bad.

Jennifer: Gosh, I really don't like her. I don't like her personality or the way she seems to get bitchy when she hears something she doesn't want to hear from the judges. I think Simon was right when he said that she was out of her depth.

JPL: I just love him. I know alot of you don't but I think this at least showcased his voice. You could hear him better without all the dancing around. I think he's a breath of fresh air.

Jasmine: It was ok. I wasn't thrilled by it at all. I think another posted it well in an above post (sorry, forgot who it was) that said that the good ones from last week were not so good this week and vice versa. Jasmine fits that description very well.

Matt: I just wish he'd get voted off. He looks so goofy to me when he plays to the camera and I agree with Simon about the smiling. He sounded better tonight than I've ever heard him but I've heard him so many times now and this was the only performance, IMO, that was tolerable.

Latoya: Love her.

Amy: She is definatley a country singer. I'm just not a huge fan of hers...this was her best performance, tho.

Heather

BennyBoy 374 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BennyBoy Click to send private message to BennyBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
Best-LaToya,Diana,Amy

Tolerable-George, Fantasia, Jasmine (ok she did bad but she still looked good!)

Poop-John Peter Lewis, John Stevens, Jennifer Hudson

Diarrhea-Cammille and MATT

Overall:Unimpressed

*Bottom Three*
Matt
Camille
Jennifer

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-24-04, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
Diana was the best as usual. LaToya, Amy, and Fantasia were good too though.

Matt and Camile were the worst. Matt isn't even a good singer and his personality is wearing thin. I hope it's Matt who gets voted off tonight. Camile I think deserves one more chance. She is a good singer.

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-24-04, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
solid performances: Diana, Latoya, Amy

good: George, Jon

mediocre: Fantasia

blecccch: Jasmine, Jennifer, Matt, Camille, JPL

Mizz Eve 368 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mizz%20Eve Click to send private message to Mizz%20Eve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Week 2 - Best & Worst"
Best:

Amy the Pink Parrot - Where the hell did that performance come from? She kicked some country butt last night. Randy was right on, she is a country singer.

La You Can't Touch This Toya - No surprise there. She got down into the audience and sang her ##### off, as usual. I hated her dress. I kept everytime she spread her legs (stop it! you know what I mean), I kept thinking those buttons are gonna burst and we're gonna have another Janet Jackson/Superbowl episode.

Diana - She is a great singer and she picked a good song for her voice.

Good:

Fantasia the Mouth - She did very well and her dress was very pretty.

Old Man George - Okay, but he still sounded very R&B. He should have picked a more fun song.

Jennifer the Facial Contortionist - She really picked up towards the end, but I fear her days are numbered. She also showed slightly more control over her facial muscles.

So-So:

Jasmine - Boring.

Cheesy Matt - Hold onto Camille cuz you'll be following her out the door.

JPL - He should have performed a song that was in tune with his quirky personality.

Bad:

John I was Born 40 Years too Late Stevens - This kid is incapable of anything but a poor Dino knock-off. I've never considered King of the Road to be a country song, but I guess I was wrong (imagine that ). Plus, he forgot the words! His future is performing at third tier casinos in Vegas.

Camille I Can't Sing Velasco - Please keep this chick off of my television. She's horrible. She have no vocal control and she dresses horrible.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •