The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"(Not Krautboy’s) Confession Analysis"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-03-05, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"(Not Krautboy’s) Confession Analysis"
Pardon the interruption...

What “cultural studies” scholars do: consume “culture”. read theory. write essays. give papers at silly academic conferences. plan for world domination.

And as a graduate student, I’m supposed to be working on the second to last sentence there. But as many of you know from my OT ramblings, with all the hullabaloo of a family medical crisis, I’m not at my most intellectually, or most correctly perhaps academically, productive. So I spend most days online (here at Sblows, rearranging my Netflix queue, checking my email -- quite pathetic really), pretending that I am doing serious cultural work.

Yadda yadda yadda

Anyway, on the 15th, I’m presenting a paper at a folklore conference at my university. Uh, I haven’t written it yet, and uh, it’s in part about y’all (or at least boards like this one). (Is that creepy? I hope not)

Here’s what I proposed I’d write/speak about:

This paper examines the online communities dedicated to “spoiling” the reality TV show Survivor. “Spoilers” are a blend of gossip and news-leaks, and certain individuals have attained great status online for their predictions of whose torch will be extinguished. In the circulation and discussion of spoilers and promos, community members perform close readings of Survivor and create elaborate narratives speculating who will “Outwit, Outplay, Outlast.” Drawing on _____ (fill in the blank here with cultural theorist TBA), this paper demonstrates fans’ sophisticated engagement with the narrative and editing techniques of reality TV.

So some questions, if you like:
* Why are you interested in “spoiling” Survivor?

* What kinds of techniques do you think are most useful is “spoiling” the show? (e.g. Snewser-stuff, character development, etc)

* How does your reading/writing in this forum affect your relationship with watching Survivor?

* Does the kind of close attention that you give the details of Survivor change your viewing habits for other shows?

(for the record, I won’t cite anyone without their permission. except maybe chillone. thanks in advance for any responses, and thanks in general for being such a kickass board)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: (Not Krautboy’s) Confession Ana... KeithFan 04-03-05 1
 RE: (Not Krautboy’s) Confession Ana... mavsfan 04-03-05 2
 RE: (Not Krautboy’s) Confession Ana... volsfan 04-03-05 3
   RE: (Not Krautboy’s) Confession Ana... Scarlett O Hara 04-05-05 11
 RE: (Not Krautboy’s) Confession Ana... Krautboy 04-03-05 4
   RE: (Not Krautboy’s) Confession Ana... emydi 04-03-05 5
   RE: (Not Krautboy’s) Confession Ana... Scarlett O Hara 04-05-05 12
 RE: (Not Krautboy’s) Confession Ana... DRONES 04-04-05 6
 RE: (Not Krautboy’s) Confession Ana... JuniorTheorist 04-05-05 7
   RE: (Not Krautboy’s) Confession Ana... VerucaSalt 04-05-05 8
       ECO Challenge... LookeeLoo 04-05-05 14
       RE: (Not Krautboy’s) Confession Ana... VolcanicGlass 04-06-05 16
 RE: (Not Krautboy’s) Confession Ana... Flowerpower 04-05-05 9
 RE: (Not Krautboy’s) Confession Ana... Brownroach 04-05-05 10
 RE: (Not Krautboy’s) Confession Ana... kary1371 04-05-05 13
 RE: (Not Krautboy’s) Confession Ana... Wheezy 04-06-05 15
   RE: (Not Krautboy’s) Confession Ana... badger 04-07-05 17
 Spoiling has become an accurate wor... janisella 04-07-05 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-03-05, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: (Not Krautboy’s) Confession Analysis"
How does your reading/writing in this forum affect your relationship with watching Survivor?

I look at it as an enhancement; not really different than watching it in HD or surround sound- it just adds flavor to your favorite show.

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-03-05, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: (Not Krautboy’s) Confession Analysis"
I'm not into the spoiling as much as I use to be, but that's because my interest in SURVIVOR has waned. At it's best, spoiling SURVIVOR to me is taking a TV show and drawing out that enjoyement over the entire week. I see it as something similar to reading a Murder mystery and trying to decide Who Done It before before reading the final pages. In reality, the end result "Spoiling Survivor" is more to me about the intellectual excersise, and the process more than about the end result. The end result is just a way to keep score. IE. were the spoilers collectively or individually correct.

If all I cared about was spoiling the show, I'd just wait till Thursday and read Snewser. But, I can count on 1 hand the number of times I've been to Snewsers site. I don't see Snewser as really having much in common with what's done on this site. IE. Snewser has an insider who feeds him info - no real intellectual excersise required other than toying with us. In contrast, I stand in awe of the abilities of Krautboy, Brownroach, Verucasalt, Sleeve, Icecat and others who I consider true sluthes.

As far as the best tools for spoiling the show, I think Pic analysis, Character edit, and sifting thru conflicting rumors in that order are the most helpful.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-05, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: (Not Krautboy’s) Confession Analysis"
1) The enjoyment of truly "spoiling" Survivor has gone by the wayside. The way we used to spoil early on was really gratifying in that we really did spoil. This season we have had accurate events and boot list. In the early days of spoiling I felt very satisfied when we pegged a boot or we had the episode pretty much represented before it started. Now, it isn't as fun. (Maybe I need a break from the spoiling forum).

2) The way MB uses misdirection and the editing...I think these are the most important tools in spoiling an episode. I don't consider Snewser and other leaks to be spoiling tools but I do think they help direct the way we think things will happen.

3) These types of forums make the shows much better if you ask me. I think one of the best we have on this site at the moment is the Lost forum. There is no way I could/would have ever caught as much info as we as a group have collected. It makes the show much easier and informative to watch.

4) YES! Survivor has really primed me for Lost. The way I watch those two shows are very similar. However, Lost causes me to watch more closely because there are so many things shown and not said. A person really has to pay attention during Lost!

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-05-05, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: (Not Krautboy’s) Confession Analysis"
(Maybe I need a break from the spoiling forum) Oh Vols ... <SIGH> ... I hope that day never comes! You are such a part of these boards that I would hate to think of what this place would be like without YOU!!!

These types of forums make the shows much better if you ask me. I think one of the best we have on this site at the moment is the Lost forum. There is no way I could/would have ever caught as much info as we as a group have collected. It makes the show much easier and informative to watch.

Survivor has really primed me for Lost. The way I watch those two shows are very similar. However, Lost causes me to watch more closely because there are so many things shown and not said. A person really has to pay attention during Lost!

Gee, Vols, my family and I are also big fans of LOST. Hmmm, now YOU are giving me ideas! See ya on the boards!

Your,
Katie Scarlett

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-03-05, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: (Not Krautboy’s) Confession Analysis"
Spoiling Survivor is a hobby for me. I started as a lurker during S1, and eventually my "hobby" grew to the point where I wanted to join the "spoiling club". The spoiling community has grown into a very well organized group of people who share the same hobby.

Spoiling is like doing logic puzzles or solving a mystery and then each week on Thurday you get the gratification of finding out what you got right and where you went wrong. The next week you get to start all over again. I suppose it's alot like playing golf. Occasionally you make a great shot and it keeps you coming back, but you rarely can put all the pieces together at the same time...you always miss something along the way.

The vidcaps and editing analysis is probably the purest spoiling we do, but the process of sorting out spoilers fron hoaxes, weight loss reports from, misdirection. The unspoken battle we fight each week against CBS, is all part of the spoiling process now.

Survivor is also a study of human behavior, psychology and sociology all rolled into one. We all know people like the survivor cast, and we all love to compete vicariously through our favorite character, imagining how we would react in the same situation.

Spoiling adds greatly to the enjoyment of the show, because we know much more about the cast than the average viewer. We study the people, the place, the history. We know what is going on behind the scenes, in the editing room, and even in the mind of MB and JP. The viewing experience is greatly enhanced because we notice the subtle nuances that most people don't catch.

It's also satisfying to know that as part of the the spoiling community, we are part of an elite group that knows so much more about the show than the 20 million people who watch each week. We are probably Survivor snobs, but the time and effort we put into predicting the outcome makes us unique. That's kind of cool...

Mavsfan is right...it is all about the process, and the satisfaction is mostly individual, but spoiling on the public boards gives us a place to share our ideas and enjoyment with others. We have an opportunity to support and encourage each other, share our ideas, to get and give some recognition..and make some friends along the way...not a bad way to spend some leisure time.

Krautboy

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-05, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: (Not Krautboy’s) Confession Analysis"
LAST EDITED ON 04-03-05 AT 04:45 PM (EST)

Ok, you stole my answer

Not really, you are much more of an eloquent writer, but I agree with everything you wrote KB...I love the analytical reasoning and I even like being a little wrong about things...My dbf thinks I'm a lunatic but he's as obsessed with golf as I am with my survivor!!

Another thing I enjoy is all the games we have to play here: Spoiler island, on fanatics, on bashers, CBS fantasy and Snewswers JTS...I love playing them each week...and maybe I'll even win one one of these years, yeah right, I'm a dundahead...the only game I'll ever win is Tribe's Loser Lodge game!!!

But most of all I really like the friends that I've made on here from all over the world!!!

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-05-05, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: (Not Krautboy’s) Confession Analysis"
...spoiling on the public boards gives us a place to share our ideas and enjoyment with others. We have an opportunity to support and encourage each other, share our ideas, to get and give some recognition...

... and "Two heads are always better than one!!"

DRONES 615 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-05, 05:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DRONES Click to send private message to DRONES Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: (Not Krautboy’s) Confession Analysis"
I like it as a past time. I also like the idea of one uping CBS and MB by figuring it out before they want us to. My dw gets a kick out of how while the show is on I'll say things like, "I knew that was going to happen".

* What kinds of techniques do you think are most useful is “spoiling” the show? (e.g. Snewser-stuff, character development, etc)
First and fore most is editing, followed by confessional analysis, pics and weight loss spoilers and then lastly informers.

* How does your reading/writing in this forum affect your relationship with watching Survivor?
It actually enhances it, especially when I'm right on.

* Does the kind of close attention that you give the details of Survivor change your viewing habits for other shows?
Yes it does, especially when I watch shows like Lost. I pay closer attention to editing than I have before.

DRONES

JuniorTheorist 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-05-05, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JuniorTheorist Click to send private message to JuniorTheorist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: (Not Krautboy’s) Confession Analysis"
Why do I spoil? Because I like to think that there are intellectual reasons for watching this television show, despite the protests of almost every other intelligent person I know.

What's useful? I like the character development, story arc, visual narrative aspects of spoiling more than I like shady answers from shady people who may or may not have an inside track. To me, it's the process, not the quick and dirty answers.

How does writing here affect my show-watching? As a recent contributor to the boards, I'm not quite sure about this relationship.

How does doing this change my relationship with other shows? Well, it has forever ruined watching any elimination-style shows. I can now tell in the first five minutes of The Amazing Race, ANTM, etc, who's going home that episode.

As a graduate student (in English, natch), I'm super-interested in how (and with whom) you put this all together. Post the results?

Also, as a graduate student, I can feel your pain... I'm presenting a paper on Saturday morning that has yet to be written. Yikes stripes!

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-05-05, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: (Not Krautboy’s) Confession Analysis"
Much to my surprise, I quickly clicked on this as my curiosity over another analytical tool was very compelling Since I already "clicked" I hope I can contribute to your paper and wish you well

There are different types of people but one thing I have found in my observations is everyone likes a good mystery. Regardless of age or background, a good "who done it" is very attractive and people are compelled to come forth with their opinions.

I liken Survivor to this. However, I must add that the intrigue revolving around this show was certainly escalated by the message boards we frequent. General observers enjoy finding out "who goes" in the end but the message boards took it to a whole new level.

My personal interest in this show is the psychology of the show itself. I find myself actively participating each week questioning their motives, their strategies and obviously, their mistakes. This is probably the main reason why I like analyzing Survivor (I do not consider what I do "spoiling - perhaps I should not be responding this lol) I am fascinated by interpersonal relationships and people's motivations in the face of greed, loyalty or revenge and Survivor demonstrates the pyschological makeup of human behavior like no other show on television where the audience can actively participate.

I have always found merit in the editing of the game and the players so this part of figuring out the show is my "passion". While I tend to limit myself to only one thread, it is inevitable that other information comes into that thread but I normally will not rely on that information but rather follow Mark Burnett's editing patterns, symbolism he incorporates, and what I feel a certain player may do based on their evolving personality.

My writing (unfortunately for those here) has gotten longer Quite honestly, writing has been something I have always enjoyed so writing about something else I enjoy is only a bonus. It is never mundane to write my thoughts on what I see unfolding.

Survivor is a show that is unlike any other show so I can quite honestly say my viewing of Survivor does not change how I view any other show. This is probably why Survivor has prevailed in the quest to inundate our homes with reality television. Survivor is a great mystery novel whose chapters are shown each week and allows the viewers to watch, participate and dissect.

I would sooner use CSI's "watch the mystery unfold" to describe Survivor than to describe a completely scripted television show where, for the most part, the conclusion is fairly obvious

Good luck

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-05-05, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LookeeLoo Click to send private message to LookeeLoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "ECO Challenge..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-05 AT 00:10 AM (EST)

Nice to see "deep thoughts" from all in this thresd!

I actually differ only in one respect with VS, so count me in with the rest, but:

I like the sociology aspect of the game COMBINED with the psychology aspect of the game. That said, I'd like to say that I have never been a student of either sciences.

I'd like to recommend you get your hands on as many "Eco Challenge" series vids, or CD's that you can for your research. Before any reality TV series came about, there was Eco Challenge, produced by? Mark Burnett

Eco Challenge is the origination of reality TV for me. I've never connected with any other reality show to date other than Survivor. Why? If you see Eco Challenge you, see pure survival "in the raw", and that's what fascinates me. I'd recomend you see the earliest series of Eco Challenge as you can, as they are less scripted than the more recent years.

Eco Challenge is not about individuals competing for an ironman-type marathon, it's about hundreds of teams of 4, one team member being the opposite sex, competing as a team, for an ultimate ironman-type (but much more than ironman) marathon. In the competition, you are as stong as the weakest link, and sometimes that means physical strength, and sometimes that means mental conviction, but if you don't got both, you are hosed. Eco Challenge was much worse in the form of human physical abuse than Survivor ever will be.

The whole Eco Challenge social and psychological concept just kept niggling at me. I'm dense, so this was an eye opener. I was impressed.

The concept of survival, when deprived of the basics of water, food and shelter, affecting the psycho COMBINED with the social aspects of fitting in to a hierarchy, trust in others' abilities to provide for the tribe, is just fascinating!

ETA: spelling corrections and such...

LookeeLoo

Another Dicey Original 2004

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-06-05, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: (Not Krautboy’s) Confession Analysis"
>I do not consider
>what I do "spoiling

Oh VS! You are so a spoiler.
Absent direct evidence and sourced info, the type of analysis you do is a great tool. Yes, it is subjective by its very nature, but that makes it interesting.
Anyone who doesn't read your thread is missing out on a great resource.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-05, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: (Not Krautboy’s) Confession Analysis"
Badger, it is an honor to respond to your post.

1. Why am I interested in spoiling Survivor? I started out watching the show on the encouragement of others. When I began watching it, my school age kids did as well, and I found that they really enjoyed the show far more than I, at first. They were tremendously entertained by the likes of Richard Hatch, Sue Hawk, Colby and Tina, Lex, Big Tom, Young Rob on Marquesas, Boston Rob and others. The more the character/player was an extremist, the more we liked it. In the early years I never bothered going to the boards to seek out info on the show. We were content to just be viewers. Then, when CBS.com came out with the fantasy game, my kids and I played along with other family members. We formed our own tribe and had a ball with it. It was at this point that we sought out to make more accurate predictions and this is what led me to the internet and all of the Survivor sites.

Upon reading all of the sites, I found that SBlows was a much more on topic and cordial site. I lurked for about one season before I joined in on the fun. I only joined as I had stumbled onto some spoiler information myself, after a move to Loveland, Ohio. I am drawn to spoiling as I am drawn to any mystery that requires some good detective work, logic, and luck. I love figuring things out before they happen. That is what hooked me on the boards. Since becoming a frequent reader and poster, I have really come to view my other board posters as great friends. I love the insight and perspective that the entire group brings to the collective table.

2. What kinds of techniques do I find most useful in "spoiling" the show? I find that the vidcap analysis is far and away the best tool that I can personally use to spoil the show. In seasons past we could practically nail both challenges, the winners of the challenges, and the boot for every episode. I found that extremely rewarding, as we were only analyzing the same information that the entire general public was seeing. I love how logic plays a part in the vidcap analysis as well.
I have come to also depend on the experts in editing of the show as well. Veruca is so extremely talented at interpreting the editing and drawing us all into helping her, that it simply blows me away. I find I depend on her to either steer me in another direction, or to perhaps validate my own assessments.
Lastly, Dweezil mentioned last week when Snewser came out with his weekly prediction, that most of us were acting as though the show had already aired. True, Snewser's track record is legendary, and we use him to validate our predictions, even before the show airs.

3. How does my reading/writing in this forum affect my relationship with watching Survivor? I get so much more into the details of the show, things that went right past me before I frequented the boards. I find I get quite a bit more satisfaction from the entire show, seeing how my predictions unfold. I get a huge kick out of seeing unexpected events unfold as well. Reading the boards gives you a much clearer picture into each player as well.

4. Does the kind of close attention that I give the details of Survivor change my viewing habits of other shows? I would say most definately that it does with viewing other reality shows such as "the Apprentice" or "the Contender".

Hope this helps, Badger, and good luck!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-05, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: (Not Krautboy’s) Confession Analysis"
I will happily fill out your questionnaire, badger.

I wasn't, until I started reading this board. In fact I was content to just *read* the board for Season 2 and 4 (I skipped over 3 entirely) and had no intention of ever posting. Early in Season 5 I decided to jump in because I actually thought of a topic to post about.

Now it's fun, like solving a puzzle or mystery, as KB and VS and others have pointed out. In fact, for the rest of my answer to this question, see Krautboy's post.

I like a combination of everything. Reliable spoilers with sources, a la Snewser, are probably the most "useful", in the sense that their information will almost always be right. But I preferred it when there was less of this information floating around at the start -- which forces you to rely on vidcaps, editing, story arcs, OFG and emydi theories , sometimes just hunches -- whatever works.

I definitely watch to see what things we discussed for the week will turn out to be correct. I don't really get caught up in rooting for or against contestants, as probably more people in the general audience do.

No. I don't watch a lot of TV in general, and I don't try to spoil any other shows.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

kary1371 631 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-05, 10:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kary1371 Click to send private message to kary1371 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: (Not Krautboy’s) Confession Analysis"
Why are you interested in “spoiling” Survivor?

Spoiling was kind of forced on me at first (Pearl Island) about the time it was said Darrah would win, I really didn't want to hear that, but someone kept telling me in advance who would get the boot, so I started to read soiler boards so I could at least find the answers on my own term. As for others, it has become sort of a hobby, trying to figure out in advance what is going to occure, it makes the show more interesting because I want to know what I figured and what I didn't.

What kinds of techniques do you think are most useful is “spoiling” the show? (e.g. Snewser-stuff, character development, etc)

As others have said before me, I think the editing and confessionals as well as deductions made from the vidcaps are the best tools. Snewser is most of the time correct but if I am to wait to the afternoon of the show to find out something, I might as well wait for the show...

How does your reading/writing in this forum affect your relationship with watching Survivor?

For a while I went back to not reading these boards so I wouldn't know in advance, but reading these and playing Jump the Shark as brought me to analyse more of the pics available and try to make my own mind and not just read an answer on some site...

Does the kind of close attention that you give the details of Survivor change your viewing habits for other shows?

The difference is for "regular" shows, the fun is to let it take you where it wants to, with this it is nice trying to figure out what is going to happen as it is not set by a script, hey I figure my soaps pretty well!

Other than that, I do notice a lot of details when I watch something, always did, I just don't stop and think about the reasons why it's there, in Survivor there might be a reason, so I try to pay more attention, but most of the time I just get into the show and forget, same for other shows...

Hope this helps!

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-05, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: (Not Krautboy’s) Confession Analysis"
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-05 AT 10:25 AM (EST)

So some questions, if you like:

To be superior over my children, of course. To nod and smile knowingly; to casually mention 'I know who's getting voted off tonight,' then not reveal it; to give pitying looks to the person who thinks somebody's going to win it all; to shake my head when somebody *knows* who is in an alliance. Muahahaha. Idiots.

Yes, but it took a while before it came naturally. Most shows are edited similarly, yet there are different techniques used by different producers. So it takes a few shows for me to get accustomed to the style.

And. You must promise not to go away from here after your paper is done, or else we'll all feel used.

church.

etfix tags

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-07-05, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: (Not Krautboy’s) Confession Analysis"
thank you everyone who has responded! who needs yet another literary analysis of Austen or Dickens when one can spend time doing a close reading of Survivor alongside the wonderful words and intelligent insights of the great folks here at SBlows.

and to wheezy: as IF i'd leave this board. look at my DAW count, girl! i love it here!

Thanks

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-05, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Spoiling has become an accurate word"
Back in the old days when we used to try to figure out who was being voted off by watching the show and looking for clues, it was more fun. Now, because there are inside sources leaking real information, the predictions truly are "spoiled".

I remember how proud we all were when we predicted an exit based on a contestant being seen in NYC the day the show aired, or using weight loss reports from neighbors to predict someone's approximate staying time. Now, there is too much leakage out there and those of us trying to truly guess just by watching the show and gleaning tidbits of information are hard-pressed to not hear the actual bootee that has been leaked by an inside source.

My family is not spoiling this season because it's just not fun anymore.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •