The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Will a Kidnapping/POW even occur in Ep 7?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-28-05, 08:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Will a Kidnapping/POW even occur in Ep 7?"
This episode poses alot of unanswered questions(finally a week we can sink our teeth into!). At the crux of the problem is the info that CMC posted regarding a kidnapping/POW situation where a male is kidnapped. CMC has been very accurate with their spoiling and is known to have had a credible source. They accurately predicted Koror listening in on the Ulong TC, and then getting to grant the one most likely to be voted out, immunity. I have seen speculation regarding this kidnapping info in almost every thread pertaining to this week. This is a thread devoted to speculating every possible outcome for this week.

If CMC has indeed spoiled that a kidnapping/POW situation will occur then I think that it must occur in this episode. Let's just say for the sake of argument that it's BJ that does get taken as a POW to Koror. That would leave 2 Ulongs to go to TC. When they arrive at TC, Jiffy says, well, as there are only 2 of you here, and you cannot vote for yourself, then there will be a tie. So, instead of voting, we will have a special challenge to determine who stays and who goes. As you know, fire is life here, so the challenge will be, the first one to get fire will remain, and the other will leave immediately. And so the fire challenge takes place between Steph and Ibe and Steph wins, and goes back to camp alone, and is absorbed by Koror the next day.

If the Kidnapping were to occur next ep, Neandrathal Man, then the three Ulongers would go to TC this ep, and vote off a member in the traditional way, leaving 2 to go back to camp. If the kidnapping were to occur next week, then that would leave Steph all alone. Would the IC be tribal then, and be a fire building challenge, where Steph would win, and then send Koror to TC where they would proceed to vote off BJ. If it is tribal, and Steph wins, then Ulong would win one IC. I don't see this happening. I think in order for there to be a special fire building challenge, that it must occur in this episode. We can deduce that the fire building challenge most definately will occur as Mersaydeez has given us this info, and her record of spoiling the show, speaks for itself.

To me, the kidnapping makes more sense to occur in this episode, if it is going to occur at all.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occu... volsfan 03-28-05 1
   Why would a Koror kidnapping be pro... bobscure 03-28-05 55
 RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occu... kary1371 03-28-05 2
   RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occu... Surviette 03-28-05 3
 RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occu... emydi 03-28-05 4
   RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occu... Surviette 03-28-05 5
       RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occu... Surviette 03-28-05 9
   RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occu... Brownroach 03-28-05 6
       RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occu... volsfan 03-28-05 7
           RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occu... sylvester 03-28-05 8
               RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occu... Flowerpower 03-28-05 10
                   RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occu... sylvester 03-28-05 11
                       RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occu... Kiddiepool 03-28-05 12
                       RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occu... Flowerpower 03-28-05 13
                           RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occu... sylvester 03-28-05 14
                               RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occu... knuckles487 03-28-05 16
                                   RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occu... Brownroach 03-28-05 18
                                   RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occu... emydi 03-28-05 19
                               RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occu... Flowerpower 03-28-05 17
                           RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occu... emydi 03-28-05 15
                               RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occu... Brownroach 03-28-05 20
                                   RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occu... Devious Weasel 03-28-05 22
                               RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occu... sylvester 03-28-05 23
                                   RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occu... emydi 03-28-05 25
                                       RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occu... Krautboy 03-28-05 33
                       RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occu... bobscure 03-28-05 56
                           RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occu... kary1371 03-31-05 85
 Is There Anything Devious Weasel 03-28-05 21
   RE: Is There Anything emydi 03-28-05 24
       RE: Is There Anything Krautboy 03-28-05 30
   RE: Is There Anything Flowerpower 03-28-05 26
       RE: Is There Anything Devious Weasel 03-28-05 27
           RE: Is There Anything Surviette 03-28-05 29
               RE: Is There Anything Devious Weasel 03-28-05 35
                   RE: Is There Anything Surviette 03-28-05 38
                       RE: Is There Anything Devious Weasel 03-28-05 39
                           RE: Is There Anything Surviette 03-28-05 42
                   RE: Is There Anything Brownroach 03-28-05 41
                       RE: Is There Anything Devious Weasel 03-28-05 45
                           RE: Is There Anything Brownroach 03-28-05 47
 Callmeecrazee Quotes... Krautboy 03-28-05 28
   RE: Callmeecrazee Quotes... emydi 03-28-05 31
   RE: Callmeecrazee Quotes... Flowerpower 03-28-05 32
       RE: Callmeecrazee Quotes... Krautboy 03-28-05 34
           RE: Callmeecrazee Quotes... Devious Weasel 03-28-05 36
           RE: Callmeecrazee Quotes... Flowerpower 03-28-05 37
               RE: Callmeecrazee Quotes... Devious Weasel 03-28-05 40
               POW speculation Debberz13 03-28-05 43
                   RE: POW speculation Surviette 03-28-05 44
                   RE: POW speculation Brownroach 03-28-05 46
                       RE: POW speculation msmkmk 03-28-05 48
                       RE: POW speculation Devious Weasel 03-28-05 49
                           RE: POW speculation msmkmk 03-28-05 50
                               RE: POW speculation Surviette 03-28-05 51
                               RE: POW speculation Brownroach 03-28-05 53
                                   RE: POW speculation Devious Weasel 03-28-05 54
                                       RE: POW speculation bobscure 03-28-05 58
 Timelines and Problems Devious Weasel 03-28-05 52
   RE: Timelines and Problems volsfan 03-28-05 57
   RE: Timelines and Problems Brownroach 03-28-05 59
       RE: Timelines and Problems bobscure 03-28-05 61
   RE: Timelines and Problems Debberz13 03-28-05 60
       RE: Timelines and Problems Brownroach 03-28-05 62
           RE: Timelines and Problems Flowerpower 03-28-05 64
               RE: Timelines and Problems Debberz13 03-29-05 67
                   RE: Timelines and Problems Flowerpower 03-29-05 68
       RE: Timelines and Problems emydi 03-28-05 63
           RE: Timelines and Problems Debberz13 03-28-05 65
               RE: Timelines and Problems biancaxxx 03-29-05 71
                   RE: Timelines and Problems Debberz13 03-29-05 72
   Variation aethelstan 03-29-05 70
 RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occu... mavsfan 03-28-05 66
   RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occu... Brownroach 03-29-05 69
       interesting cap Debberz13 03-29-05 73
           RE: interesting cap Brownroach 03-29-05 74
           RE: interesting cap kingfish 03-29-05 75
           RE: interesting cap bobscure 03-29-05 76
           RE: interesting cap bobscure 03-29-05 77
               AOL's TV Guide Debberz13 03-30-05 78
                   RE: AOL's TV Guide gwrbassin 03-30-05 79
                       RE: AOL's TV Guide Devious Weasel 03-30-05 81
                   RE: AOL's TV Guide Surviette 03-30-05 80
           RE: interesting cap msmkmk 03-30-05 82
               RE: interesting cap msmkmk 03-30-05 83
 No P.O.W biancaxxx 03-31-05 84
   RE: No P.O.W Brownroach 03-31-05 86
   RE: No P.O.W montanagirl 03-31-05 87
       RE: No P.O.W Surviette 03-31-05 88
   RE: No P.O.W bobscure 03-31-05 89
       RE: No P.O.W gengin 04-01-05 90
           RE: No P.O.W gengin 04-01-05 91
               RE: No P.O.W biancaxxx 04-01-05 92

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-05, 08:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occur in Ep 7?"
I am still doubting the kidnapping for this episode.

Doesn't it seem strange that EPMB isn't even teasing us that there isn't a TC this episode? I don't think EPMB would let that slip by and not promote it to no ends. The only reason he has to not promote would be to try and slip it past us spoilers. All of his editing tends to be for the "normal" or "general" viewer. Isn't it? What is to gain to not promote a "kidnapping" or to not promote a "there is no tribal council and you can't believe how the next person gets booted" episode.

I think there is more merit to promote the "kidnapping" than to not say ANYTHING about it in the previews.

bobscure 217 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-28-05, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bobscure Click to send private message to bobscure Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "Why would a Koror kidnapping be promoted?"
If Ulong was doing the kidnapping, that's a huge swing. Why promote a kidnapping if the result has no bearing on the outcome? The previews aren't very subtle. You can tell Ulong lost - something. Do they look like they have a future?

The viewing audience expects Ib or BJ to be voted out next since they've been shown to be in danger. With a Koror kidnapping what's a likely result? Ib/bj gets voted out this week and Ib/BJ probably gets voted out next week. Why invest more time in a tribicide?

kary1371 631 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-28-05, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kary1371 Click to send private message to kary1371 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occur in Ep 7?"
I too think it would make more sense this episode than next.

I was thinking about it last night and that is exactly what I thought could happen, but I couldn't word it like you did...

I would agree that we have to consider BJ/Ibe being POW this week and the fire challenge with BJ/Ibe vs Steph as well. That would partly explain why there are no images(did I miss some?) of the challenges this week.

Surviette 124 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-28-05, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Surviette Click to send private message to Surviette Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occur in Ep 7?"
I AGREE POW would be Ep7, bc the numbers forced it. I think the Storyboard was adjusted at Ep7 bc the U team couldn't win even one IC. With 1 team down to 3, something had to be done, such as POW. Otherwise, considering U was batting 0-fer, outcomes become predictable.

BJ "Kidnap" might be what we see all over the Web Promo (where only the fans dare to venture). Tom'n Shark might be a lure(NPI)
to capture a larger audience. Not everybody watches Survivor,but
most would be curious to watch a shark slaughter!

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-05, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occur in Ep 7?"
But that Neand. Man Ep. 8 title just screams to me: Fire building challenge...

I think the kidnapping happens this ep. too, but I don't think BJ stays there...if Ulong would have won the Reward, the kidnapped Koror would have stayed a Ulong, but bc Ulong again foiled EPMB's plans, he is returned to Ulong so a regular TC can occur...and then he may even get voted out... Remember, Jiffy said... a tribe of three, it has never happened before, I think that at TC of three occurs this week, I just don't know who for sure goes... I have it narrowed down to two tho

03-28-05, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Surviette Click to send private message to Surviette Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occur in Ep 7?"
Re: Above Scenario. Do you think EPMB would at least allow BJ to be granted immunity? After all, Ibe received a surprise immunity! Then, viewers might be led to believe Steph is vulnerable (I don't think she is,but editing played-up her supposed indecision in Ep6).

03-28-05, 01:34 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occur in Ep 7?"
ETA. BJ "Win as a team, lose as a team."

What if... BJ is kidnapped and given the choice to stay at Koror(w/ind. immunity) or return to Ulong(w/ind. immunity)? BJ learns of his choices after the kidnapping,so Steph and Ibe only know BJ
is gone. STEPH CONVINCES IBE TO KEEP HER. BJ decides to return to U (to lose-as-a-team). BJ is safe from the vote. BJ sticks to his plan with Steph bc he still believes her.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-05, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occur in Ep 7?"
Since the RC is going to be SOS, this cap is probably the three of them headed for the IC:

And I don't see how a POW provision would fit with the SOS challenge, so *if* there is any kind of kidnapping this week it would probably have to occur following the IC.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

03-28-05, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occur in Ep 7?"
I agree BR and I also think the shot of the three Ulong on beach looking upset is after the SOS challenge and BJ is there for that challenge as well. Even if it post IC, BJ would be back with the Ulong for that challenge.

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-05, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occur in Ep 7?"
The scenario of the kidnapping makes no sense to me if BJ participates with Ulong both for RC & IC, then also attends TC and is vulnerable.

What's the point of kidnapping him them? So Koror can interrogate him?

I want so badly to believe that Koror does take BJ & keeps him, mostly for uh, personal beefcake type reasons. But I digress.

There has to be a reason we have no challenge shots though. I know that sometimes we get very few, but has there ever been a case where we got nothing to work with?

P.S. I should say that I've had puter issues since my monitor died Thursday evening, just trying to get back up to speed this morning (t.y. Dell!) So if I'm all wet, just tell me, lol.

Please call me Cat!!

03-28-05, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occur in Ep 7?"
the scenario of the kidnapping makes no sense to me if BJ participates with Ulong both for the RC & IC, then also attends TC and is vulnerable.

Cat, condolences for your moniter! LOL! But, you are right. I think that we can conclude that BJ will not be kidnapped at all if he is present in the RC/IC/TC. That will not happen.

I also agree that there is vidcap evidence of BJ participating in the RC, and going to the IC this week. We know that the IC is tribal. I believe he will indeed compete in both challenges. Therefore, if a POW is taken, imo, it will happen for the IC challenge winner...

So, the most likely time for the POW to be taken then is after the IC is finished....and then BJ would not be present at the TC, and thus set the stage for the fire-building challenge to occur between Steph and Ibe.

03-28-05, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occur in Ep 7?"
Awwww FP, thank you for the condolences! It's been a tough weekend for me with NO Survivor info, lol. Thought maybe I'd die, but I survived.

Anyway, why would MB do a kidnapping after the IC? Is this a joint team/individual challenge? Koror wins the team IC, BJ wins the individual IC, and Koror gets not only team immunity but the capture of Ulong's biggest threat?

If that were the case I would think BJ then becomes a Koror, otherwise it again makes no sense to me. That leaves Ibe for the boot Thursday, Steph left alone for a night, then absorbed into Koror the next day. No merge, BJ is already there, Steph is last arrival and Koror member.

Hmmmmm. I guess in a season when they seem to be trying everything they can to shake things up, that scenario is at least possible.

Please call me Cat!!

Kiddiepool 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-28-05, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kiddiepool Click to send private message to Kiddiepool Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occur in Ep 7?"
What if the kidnapping happens AT the immunity challege? After they lose the reward challenge, Steph, BJ, and Ibe head to the immunity challenge together, at which point they find out which one of their tribe mates (BJ) will be competing for Koror. This also would play into the 'forced to sit out' scenario in the misdirection, as a member of Koror who thought he'd be competing is replaced by BJ!

03-28-05, 02:04 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occur in Ep 7?"
Cat, why would MB do a kidnapping after the IC?

Think of it as taking a POW....after a battle, there are casualties....taking a POW could be considered a casualty.

Koror would win the tribal challenge, but I have no idea what you mean by, BJ wins the individual immunity?....there would be no individual immunity if the POW scenario plays out. Instead, BJ would go with Koror back to their camp as a POW, then Steph and Ibe would go back to Ulong, then march off to tc where there would be a special fire challenge to determine the boot...no immunity involved for either one of them....get it? At least this is one scenario that's speculated.

03-28-05, 02:15 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occur in Ep 7?"
"Koror would win the tribal challenge, but I have no idea what you mean by, BJ wins the individual immunity?...."

Blame that spec on my puter 'issues', lol. I thought I remembered reading spec on Thursday that there was evidence of an individual II necklace sighting.

I must be remembering wrong, lol.

I'm just plain out of the loop this week, reading like crazy trying to get back in before I have to make my picks.

I get the POW thing, thanks for the explanation. I would think that would make BJ a permanent Koror though, do you agree? Maybe MB is trying to end the Solong suffering as quickly as possible? That would make the poor IC winless tribe over and done with this week, so that next week it's all Koror and we can finally get into the dynamics over there with full force.

Please call me Cat!!

knuckles487 178 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-05, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail knuckles487 Click to send private message to knuckles487 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occur in Ep 7?"
I'm trying my best to be useful but so far I'm just like James and keep missing the target. But what about this.......

Part of the reward for the RC is the chance to kidnap an opposing player during IC. Koror wins the RC, gets the MREs, and the next day when they gather for the IC they get to "kidnap" one of their players but only get to keep them for the duration of that challenge.

Koror chooses BJ, figuring he might be the biggest threat DURING the challenge. He is then FORCED to watch during the competition (that would fit with the new wording we are seeing for the weekly preview) and he is the one that has doubts about his teams ability to win.

Of course Ulong loses, BJ is "freed" and returned to his team, the three of them return to camp, and the next day they go to TC where for whatever reason Ibe and Steph join together and vote BJ out. Since I have seen info in other places that after leaving the game, BJ was VERY upset about what happened to him, maybe this is it.

This would still leave Neanderthal Man for the fire building challenge next week and Stephs destiny to spend a night alone all intact.

It's been said all over the place that usually the best answer is the simplest one, and this is about as simple as I can imagine it and still have all the pieces fit together. So how about this one, is any of IT possible?

03-28-05, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occur in Ep 7?"
Since I have seen info in other places that after leaving the game, BJ was VERY upset about what happened to him...

Where have you seen this? Links, please.

03-28-05, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occur in Ep 7?"
Welcome Knuckles..I think you've laid out perfectly and concisely, what I have been trying to say, quite imperfectly, might happen to get to a possible BJ boot in ep. 7

I think I see a shout out in my SOTS for you!! yes....it will be perfect....

03-28-05, 02:42 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occur in Ep 7?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-28-05 AT 02:44 PM (EST)

Actually Cat, you are correct. There has been an immunity necklace sighting in the TV guide!...for this weeks ep. BJ from Sucks found it. But, I just don't know how it would apply for this ep.....

ETA:http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm11.showMessageRange?topicID=1180.topic&start=101&stop=113

See BJ's post

03-28-05, 02:21 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occur in Ep 7?"
Ok, if the kidnapping is after IC, why would they pick BJ if they know Ibe is the weakest? Is Tom that powerful that he says it and it happens (sort of like switching islands in Ep. 1)

So what if they KIDNAP IBE? and then BJ loses the fire challenge to Steph

I still can't get over the Neand. Man title for Ep. 8--I think it's the fire challenge but it could be (as BR?? said) in reference to Steph being all alone, but then why wouldn't the title be Neand. Woman??

SO for my SOTS, it looks like I'm going to have to set out 18+ different scenarios ...so much for trying to keep it short

03-28-05, 03:01 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occur in Ep 7?"
Ok, if the kidnapping is after IC, why would they pick BJ if they know Ibe is the weakest?

I don't know. I'm only saying that if there is a kidnapping, that seems to be the only time it could happen, from what we are seeing in the promos (and presumably the kidnappee would then be absent from Ulong's TC).

But frankly I don't like this scenario. I have a feeling there is piece missing from the info we have about the next couple of episodes.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-05, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occur in Ep 7?"
While I agree that there may be pieces missing from the puzzle, I also think there is an extra piece, the supposed kidnapping, that people are trying to fit into the puzzle, that doesn't actually belong.

03-28-05, 03:23 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occur in Ep 7?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-28-05 AT 03:25 PM (EST)

"Ok, if the kidnapping is after IC, why would they pick BJ if they know Ibe is the weakest?"

Emy, they'd pick the strongest member I think if they were choosing a permanent Koror.

They would also choose the strongest member if they knew the TC would then come down to Steph & Ibe. I go back to the first episode alliance hint of Steph, Ian & Tom. Perhaps they figure Steph's chances are better against Ibe than they are against BJ?

Oh, and Emy I don't envy your having to do the SOTS this week! Lol, you're gonna need that vacation!

Edited to add that what I just wrote about choosing BJ to save Steph makes no sense at all, why not just take Steph? Duh me!

K, I've got no clue.

Please call me Cat!!

03-28-05, 03:36 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occur in Ep 7?"
But Koror has to know individual immunity challenges are just around the corner...why would they want to save the strongest one, the one most likely to go on an immunity run...

There will be only one Ulong left if a kidnapping occurs and one of the two remaining Ulong leaves in Ep. 7.

If the kidnapping occurs after IC, it would have to be Ibe, imo...

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-28-05, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occur in Ep 7?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-28-05 AT 03:59 PM (EST)

The reward for the RC is the MRE's (meals ready to eat). The military nature of the reward could easily include the option of choosing a POW from the other tribe to share in the reardw with Koror.

A boat pulls up at the Ulong beach and says "Bobby Jon" come with me, you've been selected. BJ could then share the MRE's with Koror on their beach and be released back to his tribe later that evening or the next morning, so that BJ could still walk to the IC with his tribe and be voted out in EP7, so that the EP8 Neanderthal Firebuilding Challenge can still take place as desrcibed by Mersaydeez.

Krautboy

03-28-05, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bobscure Click to send private message to bobscure Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occur in Ep 7?"
In Pearl Islands Rupert was kidnapped after the IC. As I recall it had nothing to do with the RC and was simply an IC reward.

kary1371 631 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-05, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kary1371 Click to send private message to kary1371 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
85. "RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occur in Ep 7?"
Didn't Ruppert participate in one challenge with the other team when captured? I seem to recall that, for a while, which ever team he was on would win, until they decided to loose...

Or maybe my memory is not as good as I think...

03-28-05, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Is There Anything"
Other than CMC's word, that would lead one to think a kidnapping would take place? Anything? Wouldn't this be the sort of thing we would have gotten something on - vid cap, voice over, misdirection - something?

03-28-05, 03:31 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Is There Anything"
I was looking for this too, and I found what KB set forth in the Mersaydeez thread:

BJ/Ibe get "kidnapped" (Callmeecrazee Spoiler) in EP7 (the reward?),Ibe/Bj gets voted out, by either Koror or Ulong, after being returned.

EP8 we still have two tribes, Ulong with just Ibe/BJ and Steph. Ulong loses the last team IC (fire building?) and a second fire building challenge is used as a tiebreaker instead of TC to determine who goes home between Steph and Ibe/Bj. Steph wins and spends the night alone (Mersaydeez), before being absorbed into Ulong the next day, so no green merge buff is needed.(Bianca Spoiler)

I need KB to clarify, bc FP says that CMC did not specify which ep. the kidnapping occurs in.. and I do not think Mersaydeez specified what ep. the fire challenge would occur in other than the one before the "merge" or "absorption"

Because CMC was correct about Koror getting to eavesdrop on Ulong's TC in ep. 5 and award ind. immunity, CMC is given some weight...

Also, there is the lack of any challenge photos bc possibly BJ (or Ibe) is sitting out the IC or participating in it for Koror.

Now where is that German boy???

03-28-05, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Is There Anything"
>I was looking for this too,
>and I found what KB
>set forth in the Mersaydeez
>thread:
>
>
>BJ/Ibe get "kidnapped" (Callmeecrazee Spoiler) in
>EP7 (the reward?),Ibe/Bj gets voted
>out, by either Koror or
>Ulong, after being returned.
>
>EP8 we still have two tribes,
>Ulong with just Ibe/BJ and
>Steph. Ulong loses the last
>team IC (fire building?) and
>a second fire building challenge
>is used as a tiebreaker
>instead of TC to determine
>who goes home between Steph
>and Ibe/Bj. Steph wins and
>spends the night alone (Mersaydeez),
>before being absorbed into Ulong
>the next day, so no
>green merge buff is needed.(Bianca
>Spoiler)

>
>I need KB to clarify, bc
>FP says that CMC did
>not specify which ep. the
>kidnapping occurs in.. and I
>do not think Mersaydeez specified
>what ep. the fire challenge
>would occur in other than
>the one before the "merge"
>or "absorption"

e:

The scenario I put forth was just an attempt to put all the spoilers together in a logical sequence. I have posted the original CMC quotes below. CMC did not specify when the "kidnapping" was supposed to happen, and as I posted below, it may have already occured...

Krautboy

03-28-05, 03:38 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Is There Anything"
Other than CMC's word, what would lead one to think a kidnapping would take place?

Well, therein lies the delimma. See Vols spec, post #2 in this thread. There is nothing anywhere that would suggest or hint at a kidnapping or a taking of a POW.....except, the lack of challenge pics for the IC, perhaps, and maybe the old vidcaps of BJ from ep 2???

The only real reason one would speculate the taking of a POW is indeed the tip from CMC. And, if CMC didn't have such a good record for spoiling this Survivor, then we wouldn't give this a second thought.

03-28-05, 03:40 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Is There Anything"
I guess I don't give CMC that good of a record on spoiling this Survivor. I'd say about half and half. Remember Jeff not getting selected at all? Remember Caryn being an early boot? Remember Jeff quitting the challenge but not the show? I wouldn't even give CMC all that much credit for the double TC - after all CMC said "eavesdropping", which to me is something very different from "sitting there and watching".

03-28-05, 03:49 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Is There Anything"
"IS THERE ANYTHING OTHER THAN CMC'S WORD...?"
There's the Press Release: "...when one tribe member is FORCED to sit out a challenge...."
If the forced member isn't from ULONG, then the misdirection is
very lopsided, meaning it's all about Koror! I think a POW would be forced to sit out.

03-28-05, 04:07 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Is There Anything"
Well, no, the last item of the misdirection is clearly about Ulong. They are the only ones who would look at this IC as being crucial. And having three items of the misdirection be about Koror and one about Ulong at this point seems reasonable. Especially since, the original misdirection said nothing about being forced to sit out a challenge - it just said "sitting out a challenge". I think the forced is just a reference to the fact that the rules have changed so that if you do the first challenge, you can't do the second challenge.

03-28-05, 04:23 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Is There Anything"
OK, so I should have said it's MOSTLY all about Koror.
So, which KOROR member, who would be forced to sit out, would
"doubt their tribe's ABILITY to win"?

03-28-05, 04:27 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Is There Anything"
Coby. Caryn. Tom. Katie.

03-28-05, 04:38 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Is There Anything"
OR POW BJ -doubting Ibe's ability-AGAIN
Re: Misdirection#4: "During a crucial immunity, one survivor takes over for a struggling tribemate." We know this is Ulong.
We think there are 3 members, but read this again and pretend there are only 2 members!

03-28-05, 04:38 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Is There Anything"
I think the forced is just a reference to the fact that the rules have changed so that if you do the first challenge, you can't do the second challenge.

I thought the same thing when I first read this, but actually Surviette's theory makes the most sense to me of how there could be a "kidnapping" involved in Ep 7. One tribe (probably as a result of winning the RC) could be allowed to "steal" a member of the other tribe when they arrive for the IC, solely for the purpose of preventing that person from participating in the IC. (After all, that would be a pretty good reward for Ulong to win at this point.)

And as FP noted below, the "kidnapping" and the eavesdropping/bestowal of immunity on an opposite-tribe member were clearly communicated to CMC as two separate things; she just wasn't sure if they happened in conjunction with each other.

03-28-05, 04:59 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Is There Anything"
I think kidnapping is the wrong word. Snewser's wording talks about a POW Exchange. Exchange implies that I am giving you something and you are giving me something. In that light, I am inclined to think that if anything happens, the tribe that wins reward gets to pick someone from the other tribe to spend the day with them and also gets to send someone from their tribe to spend the day with the other tribe.

03-28-05, 05:06 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Is There Anything"
But maybe it isn't an exchange. So if you answer "yes", you get the question wrong.

I don't think Snewser knows the correct answer to every question he makes up for this game ahead of time. He gives choices based on the spoilers that are out there, as others have said, and then the correct answers are determined when the episode airs.

03-28-05, 03:45 PM (EST)
28. "Callmeecrazee Quotes..."
Here are Callmeecrazee's original quotes related to the "kidnapping":

Quote:

callmecrazee
Registered User(3/15/05 2:54 pm)
Reply ezSupporter

Re: Time will tell

"What I heard...one tribe gets to eavesdrop on the other's TC, but before they vote, the eavesdroppers appear and get to immunize the one person it appears the tribe is going to vote for, screwing up the vote because the tribe has to vote right away without a chance to talk about who else to vote for. The immunizing may or may not be a POW situation where they get to steal the person back to their own tribe, but this may happen later. I've been waiting to post either one of these because I wasn't given a timeline or whether they happened together, but it could fit in a double boot situation."

Quote:

callmecrazee
(3/16/05 11:07 am)
Reply ezSupporter

Re: THON

"Just to be clear, I don't know if both tribes are at TC at the same time or not - only that one tribe gets to decide on which person the other tribe can't vote out. Whether they listen in on Jeff grilling the other tribe during TC openly or in secret I don't know. Take it for what it's worth."

Quote:

callmecrazee
(3/17/05 12:25 pm)
ezSupporter

Re: Just some spoilers...

""If" Steph and Ibe do compete in this fire-making challenge as the last two of Ulong, and from what I heard someone does gets kidnapped (a male), that would leave Bobby Jon as the only logical one to get POW'd from Ulong because I just don't see Koror taking James."

Is it possible that the "kidnapping" already took place when "Ibrehem" (a male) was voted immunity and in essence "kidnapped" from the Ulong Tribe saving him from TC? Could it be that the original description of that event was interpreted as a "kidnapping" when it was really the "immunization" of Ibrehem by a vote.

You might say Ibrehem was kidnapped at the TC by the Koror vote and returned to the Ulong tribe after their TC...in which case nothing else will happen with regard to a POW exchange during EP7.

Krautboy

03-28-05, 03:53 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Callmeecrazee Quotes..."
THanks KB!!! So was what you set forth in the Mersaydeez thread, your take on what Mersaydeez and CMC have said about hte kidnapping and fire challenge?

03-28-05, 03:57 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Callmeecrazee Quotes..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-28-05 AT 03:57 PM (EST)

Is it possible that the "kidnapping already took place when "Ibrehem" (a male) was voted immunity and in essence "kidnapped" from the Ulong Tribe saving him from the TC?

At this point, it is possible...anything is possible.
But I am dubious. The way CMC worded the original spec about one tribe easedropping on the other and then saying the eavesdroppers then get to immunize the one person that appears to be getting voted out, and then saying that this could lead to the kidnapping scenario as well....they just didn't know. It sounds to me like CMC got two bits of info, and perhaps was trying to put the two pieces together here. It sounds as though hearing that one member of Ulong does get kidnapped(a male) is the second bit of info.

From my understanding CMC had a credible source before the start of the season. I have been led to believe that CMC may no longer be in touch with their source, so there is no way to clarify the details that they did receive. It sounds to me that the eavesdropping and granting of immunity to the one most likely to get the boot, and then the kidnapping of a Ulong male are 2 different details that they may have received. In their first post it seems as though it was CMC's way of fitting the 2 pieces of the puzzle together....just as we are trying to fit this piece of info into this episode now.....whether it fits or not!

03-28-05, 04:05 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Callmeecrazee Quotes..."
I tend to agree with yopu FP...the third CMC post above was made after the airing of the TC during which the "immunization" took place. CMC was still speculating about the Kidnapping at that point, indicating that CMC still believed the two events to be seperate.

Snewser also asks his question about the POW event in conjunction with the RC, which is where I think it will happen, if it does at all. MRE's and POW's seem to go hand in hand...

Krautboy

03-28-05, 04:08 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Callmeecrazee Quotes..."
Snewser's phrasing is interesting, as well, and actually leads me to give this a bit more credence. More on that in the "Jump the Shark" thread.

03-28-05, 04:11 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Callmeecrazee Quotes..."
KB, as Snewser asks the questions regarding the kidnapping/POW situation in conjunction with the RC, what is your response to the three Ulongers going somewhere with the tribal flag, BJ's carrying his canteen belt and shoes, and Steph is carrying a tray/tablet of some sort with items on it, that most are speculating is a shot of them going to the IC.

Could the POW be part of the reward, that will be carried out upon the arrival at the IC?

Do you think if a POW situation occurs that the POW will be with Koror indefinately, and not returned to Ulong, therefore leading to a fire building challenge to decide the boot at the TC?

03-28-05, 04:28 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Callmeecrazee Quotes..."
He calls it a POW exchange. Exchange implies that more than one person changes tribes.

Debberz13 132 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-05, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Debberz13 Click to send private message to Debberz13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "POW speculation"
How about this....

Koror wins reward, this entitles them to force a Ulong to sit out the IC as a POW. They get to tell who they have chosen at the beginning of the IC. Bobby isn't so much kidnaped as he is held prisoner during the challenge. That would explain why Koror would pick Bobby and also explain why he is seen in the caps going to the IC and this would be the answer to the CBS teaser.

They could even have a nice little bamboo cell for him and everything LOL.

03-28-05, 04:56 PM (EST)
44. "RE: POW speculation"
BJ in a bamboo cell? I thought this was family-rated!
It would actually answer two of the CBS teasers, IMHO.
The sit-out fo'sure (BJ) and possibly the last teaser:
"During a crucial immunity, one Survivor takes over for a struggling tribemate." I think, if there were 3 members competing
on the tribe in question (Ulong)then TWO survivors would be wanting to take over for the tribemate in question(Ibe)!

03-28-05, 05:01 PM (EST)
46. "RE: POW speculation"
That is what I would lean toward. The tribes won't see each other for the RC, they'll be at their camps. So if a POW scenario is part of the reward, most likely it would take effect when they meet up for the IC.

And again, why don't we have any caps of the IC?

msmkmk 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-28-05, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail msmkmk Click to send private message to msmkmk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: POW speculation"
Would this scenario fit all of the spoilers we have?

Koror wins RC and kidnaps Bobby Jon when Ulong arrives for IC. (Bobby Jon is forced to watch the challenge but not allowed to participate.)

Ulong wins IC and Koror votes off Bobby Jon.

Or, if Koror wins, the war is over and the POW is released. Ulong votes Bobby Jon off.

This would leave Ibe and Steph for the fire challenge on episode 8.

Ulong looses IC on episode 8 and Ibe looses the fire challenge to Steph.

If Steph only spends one night alone, she would join Koror on Day 22 of the Palau Calendar.

03-28-05, 05:07 PM (EST)
49. "RE: POW speculation"
Because it's a boring, non-physical IC?

03-28-05, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail msmkmk Click to send private message to msmkmk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: POW speculation"
No, because...

"During a crucial Immunity challenge, one Survivor takes over for a struggling tribemate. Will it be enough to win?"

If Ibe and Stephenie take on Ian and let's say Jen for example, maybe Jen is struggling and Ian attempts to take over and do everything in the challenge. Maybe he comes up short and Ulong wins IC.

Just a thought.

03-28-05, 05:22 PM (EST)
51. "RE: POW speculation"
Sure,but then the teasers would all be about Koror. One, atleast
or two IMHO should be about Ulong.

03-28-05, 05:26 PM (EST)
53. "RE: POW speculation"
If Ibe and Stephenie take on Ian and let's say Jen for example, maybe Jen is struggling and Ian attempts to take over and do everything in the challenge.

I was thinking the same thing. And it could apply to Ulong as well.

If it's a case of someone coming in from the bench, though, I think this has to refer to Koror. Either the IC is designed for three people -- in which case all of Ulong has to participate from the start -- or, if there is a POW scenario as we are discussing, it's designed for two people. But, in the latter instance, if Koror POW's someone from Ulong, the POW presumably cannot take over for anyone. However, if Koror only has to sit out five people, they may have the luxury of sending one person in as a reliever if necessary.

03-28-05, 05:29 PM (EST)
54. "RE: POW speculation"
Gross food challenge? The tribe has to eat a certain number of items, but anyone can eat them?

Course, they love to give us visuals of the gross food challenge...

03-28-05, 06:01 PM (EST)
58. "RE: POW speculation"
Nah, I'm taking bets the gross food challenge will be the ep. Coby's voted out.

03-28-05, 05:23 PM (EST)
52. "Timelines and Problems"
The problem I keep coming back to is this: Something is wrong when you need to construct elaborate scenarios in order to fit what we know happens with the spoilers we have been given. The more elaborate the scenario, the greater the probability that the spoiler is incorrect. Occam's Razor and all that. So what do we know happens?

Segment One - Reward Challenge
Segment Two - Shark is killed
Segment Three - Immunity Challenge
Segment Four - Lead up to TC

So how do you make a kidnapping fit into that? How do you make a POW Exchange fit? The simplest answer is that you don't - it doesn't happen. We don't have any pictures of the IC for the same reason we don't have any pictures of the RC - it's a non-physical challenge (which, at this point, makes sense as one that Ulong might have a chance of winning).

03-28-05, 05:54 PM (EST)
57. "RE: Timelines and Problems"
*applause!*

Thanks DW! I couldn't have said it any better! I with you on this one. It seems we as a group are more into fitting the spoilers into what we know and sooner or later this will catch up with us!

03-28-05, 06:14 PM (EST)
59. "RE: Timelines and Problems"
Segment One - Reward Challenge
Segment Two - Shark is killed
Segment Three - Immunity Challenge
Segment Four - Lead up to TC

So how do you make a kidnapping fit into that? How do you make a POW Exchange fit?

If it only relates to how the IC works it would fit without additional fanfare. It may not happen at all, but it doesn't have to happen in a way that necessitates its own plotline.

03-28-05, 06:21 PM (EST)
61. "RE: Timelines and Problems"
When Rupert was kidnapped there was no additional time allowed. It happened right after the IC. In the vidcaps for this week it appears all 3 Ulongs are at their camp all day. Why kidnap somebody for one day?

03-28-05, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Debberz13 Click to send private message to Debberz13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: Timelines and Problems"
Interesting...my Cableone guide for this week's show says "Days 19, 20, and 21".

I never saw where Mer said Bobby goes this week 100%. Every post I have seen say that she is speculating the final two Ulong members were Ib and Steph from the clues given to her.

So try this on.

The POW is an attempt by EPMB to yet again try to give Ulong a fighting chance but they screw up this one too. Koror wins RC, the prize is MREs and they get to pick a POW for the IC.

Bobby is the POW only for the IC this week, making him the frustrated sit out. He is kidnapped at the IC but not for very long.

The IC is titled Sea Stars...a swiming/diving challenge, forcing Steph to do all the work because IB sucks at swimming/diving. Making her the person who takes over for a struggling tribemate.

IC is over, Ulong loses, BJ is released, he and Steph have had it with IB and vote him out this week. Matching Corvis's confessional analysis.

Ep. 8 covers days 23, 24,& (maybe)25. Ulong loses immunity again. Bobby loses fire starting challenge to Steph. Steph spends Tribal Council night alone after Bobby is gone and then is absorbed into Koror. Matching the spoilers that Bobby last until the 4th week and Steph spending a night alone.

Jiffy warned us and the players this was going to be the most physical Survivor ever and that voting off strong team members would be a very bad thing....I am taking this to mean that all team ICs are going to be physical.

IMHO this makes all the spoilers possible without having to go out on a very tiny limb to do so.

And if we are very lucky we do get to see a caged Bobby LOL.

03-28-05, 06:22 PM (EST)
62. "RE: Timelines and Problems"
Works for me.

03-28-05, 07:52 PM (EST)
64. "RE: Timelines and Problems"
Works for me too, Deb! But, note TDT's calendar here: http://truedorktimes.com/survivor_palau/calendar.htm

03-29-05, 09:30 AM (EST)
67. "RE: Timelines and Problems"
Flower....day 21 is so very close to the 4th week. I am wondering if the cast off doesn't show up at losers lodge until the day (or even 2) after their vote off, could this be why your source is saying 4th week?

** Reason I think the cast off shows up the next day....I saw a show the other day and past contestants were talking about how after they are voted off they go see doctors for check-up and psyc evaluation. Tribal councils are at night, make sense that after all the time with docs they wouldn't make it to LL until the next day at least.**

03-29-05, 09:55 AM (EST)
68. "RE: Timelines and Problems"
Yes, this is what I'm thinking as well. Also, the survivors are there one day before official air time, for the press day, which was on OCT. 31. so, I am thinking that making it to the fourth week could indeed be interpreted as making it through ep 8....

03-28-05, 07:46 PM (EST)
63. "RE: Timelines and Problems"
LAST EDITED ON 03-28-05 AT 07:55 PM (EST)

Debb Ep. 7 covers days 16-17-18

Ep 1- days 1-2-3 Wanda, Jonathan, Jolanda
Ep 2 days 4-5-6 Ashlee
Ep 3 days 7-8 Jeff
Ep 4 days 9-10-11 Kim
Ep 5 day 12 Angie and Willard
Ep 6 days 13-14-15 James
EP 7 days 16-17-18 BJ/Ibe
Ep 8 days 19-20-21 BJ/Ibe
Ep 9 days 22-23-24 Coby/Janu
Ep 10 days 25-26-27 Coby/Janu
Ep 11 days 28-29-30 Steph
Ep 12 days 31-32-33 Gregg
Ep 13 days 34-35-36 Caryn
Ep 14 days 37-38-39 FINAL FOUR Jenn/Ian/Katie/Tom

I like this scenario too, despite the days, debb..I was 50-50 but then with the confessional analysis, Veruca Salt's analysis and all you convincing me, I think it is Ibe that goes now 60-40

BUT I think it may be a balance challenge...there has not been one yet and EPMB loves them...also, Snewser has that as a choice for what the RC involves--mostly balance. Therefore, Ibe can't balance and Steph takes over...see my post in jts thread.

03-28-05, 08:47 PM (EST)
65. "RE: Timelines and Problems"
Ok my cable company screwed up LOL.

Seriously I know the pick-em happened on day 3 but what I am not 100% on is did Jolanda get voted off on day 3 too? I know there is someone out there that knows this info.

biancaxxx 282 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-05, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail biancaxxx Click to send private message to biancaxxx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
71. "RE: Timelines and Problems"
Yes, she was voted off Day 3.

03-29-05, 04:00 PM (EST)
72. "RE: Timelines and Problems"
Thanks B

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-29-05, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
70. "Variation"
I think this may have been formulated above but I didn't quite see it. Maybe POW is an exaggeration of the actual events.

It could simply be that the IC challenge is designed as a 2 on 2 challenge (one man and one woman) but that the opposing tribe (or, the RC winning tribe) gets to choose who sits out.

Thus, Koror would force the better swimmer, BJ, to sit out. If Ulong got to choose at all, well, it wouldn't matter because even if Coby and Janu did the challenge they'd beat I-can't-dive-at-all Ib. Steph would have to do all the diving.

This type of challenge or reward would be swapped in deliberately in an effort to finish off Ulong because this is the tribal equivalent of a Pagonging and those make for bad tv. This would force the merge to happen sooner (than anticipated by the original storyboard), and, so what if it does? Post-merge, in this case, will make for better tv.

©Kittyloaf Creations, 2004
Yes. It's still winter here. What?
World Travel Tips

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-05, 10:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occur in Ep 7?"
A couple of thoughts:

First, what about an ambassador situation instead of a kidnapping?

BJ goes to Koror for a few hours, and Ian? goes to Ulong for a few hours. Not a POW situation, but If BJ were spot in Korors camp, this could be why.

I think It's virtually certain that BJ ends up at Koror and either sees Tom's shark, or maybe even HELPS Tom get the shark.
I know we've had a few comments from BJ about Tom being a Man's Man. And I think those comments are forshadowing of this week when BJ ends up one way or another in Korors camp and gets blown away by Tom killing a shark.

I think BJ ends up back at Ulong and gets voted out because we have the spoiler saying Steph ends up as the last Ulong vs 8 Koror. I think this tells us that BJ/Ibe don't make the merge, otherwise it would be 2 vs 8. It also doesn't make sense for Ulong to have a 1 vs 1 immunity challenge this week if BJ stays at Koror, and then have another 1 vs 1 immunity challenge next week.

So, BJ ends up at Koror (ambassador or POW) but gets returned pre TC vote. They have a 3 way TC. BJ's sent home (never leave your tribe if you can help it RC winner or not). Steph and Ibe next week compete for TC immunity and Steph wins - merging at 1 vs 8.

03-29-05, 11:09 AM (EST)
69. "RE: Will a Kidnapping/POW even occur in Ep 7?"
First, what about an ambassador situation instead of a kidnapping? BJ goes to Koror for a few hours, and Ian? goes to Ulong for a few hours. Not a POW situation, but If BJ were spot in Korors camp, this could be why.

I don't think so, mavs. MB clearly is not going to do anything now to make Ulong think there is going to be a merge. He wants to keep them in the dark until the very last minute.

So I don't think any "kidnapping" or "POW" or "whatever" scenario, if it does occur, is going to involve time at the other tribe's camp, becoming a member of the other tribe, or immunity from getting voted out at a TC.

03-29-05, 04:27 PM (EST)
73. "interesting cap"
I wasn't sure where to put this so I thought I would just plop it in here. I think that this cap might be of Ulong returning to their camp now that I found this other cap at sucks. Looks like the same tree and well walked sand path to me, just shot at and angle so you can't see the tribe banner.

What do you think?

03-29-05, 04:44 PM (EST)
74. "RE: interesting cap"
The trees looks very similar, but the branch extends closer to the edge of the water in the top cap. The path goes into a downward incline right where the end of the branch is, whereas in the bottom pic the branch stops well before the path reaches the incline toward the beach.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-05, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
75. "RE: interesting cap"
It's just hard to say. What in both pictures is actually the same? The Opp. Shore is much closer in 1 than in 2 (maybe lens effect), if the photog is past the banner for 1, then the tree overhang in 2 doesn't match than in 1, the rocks on the beach, the palm tree, these things don't tie the picts together.

It could still be, and the feel is right, so I have a feeling you are correct, but I can't get a actual detail to match up between the two pictures.

03-29-05, 05:41 PM (EST)
76. "RE: interesting cap"
After editing 2,483 pics of this scene I'm pretty sure they're arriving for the IC. BJ's carrying his canteen, I think Steph has hers (if it's a canteen) on top of a clipboard or photo album. I'm guessing they're carrying them because the canteens get in the way when they're rowing:

03-29-05, 05:51 PM (EST)
77. "RE: interesting cap"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-05 AT 06:23 PM (EST)

Oh, if they were returning to camp they'd look happy or sad if they won or lost and they don't. One of the new posters here watched the preview and described this scene looking like Ulong was headed off to work or something to that effect.

ETA: In the vidcap thread we were comparing the clothes in that pic with this pic:

In this pic they're either wearing their canteens or don't have them with them, BJ's shirt doesn't appear to be there, and his shoes weren't visible either so presumably he's wearing them. If they don't like wearing canteen while rowing and they've just rowed back from the IC and plopped down, where is BJ's shirt and why are they either wearing the canteens or have them somewhere else?

I still think this pic is post RC. They're wearing shoes because they've been running around trying to attract attention and the canteens may be elsewhere because it's awkward to run while wearing them.

03-30-05, 01:34 PM (EST)
78. "AOL's TV Guide"
Thought I would share what AOL has to say about this weeks show.

The Great White Shark Hunter

"Tom goes head-to-head with a shark; when one tribe member is forced to sit out a challenge, the other members begin to doubt the tribe's ability to win."

gwrbassin 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-30-05, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gwrbassin Click to send private message to gwrbassin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
79. "RE: AOL's TV Guide"
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-05 AT 02:37 PM (EST)

deb is this a diffrent statment or am I just lost. I thought the other statements we had stated that When on member is forced to sit out a challenge, HE/SHE begins to doubt the tribes ability to win. or something like that. What I am trying to say is the first time I thought it meant the person sitting out has the doubts now this sounds like the OTHERS are the ones with the doubts. I am only going on memory so I could be wrong But if BJ was not able to be in the IC then I could see IBE and Steph doubting their chances.

Ok found it the first statement is Sitting out of a Challenge, one survivor finds it hard to watch from the sidelines and doubts the tribes ability to win. So the statement on AOL is different.

03-30-05, 02:54 PM (EST)
81. "RE: AOL's TV Guide"
Well, the CBS official site still has the original statement. Odds are that TV Guide transcribed it wrong when they were adapting the press release.

03-30-05, 02:39 PM (EST)
80. "RE: AOL's TV Guide"
The Teasers are driving me crazy! This just HAS to be about Ulong
AND a POW situation!

Words that really bother me: "BEGIN TO"

03-30-05, 04:52 PM (EST)
82. "RE: interesting cap"
There is a very similar picture claiming to be the beach area at:

I don't know how to paste the picture in here.

Maybe the surrounding area and background will help with the questions as to whether Ulong is coming or going to a challenge.

03-30-05, 05:16 PM (EST)
83. "RE: interesting cap"
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-05 AT 05:17 PM (EST)

I'm not handy with pictures.

If someone can reverse this picture, it is the camp of Ulong.

When the picture is reversed-
It appears that rather than coming from the right side of the tree that is near the log that they sit on, they are coming from the left side of the tree near that log.

Notice that the "Y shape" portion of the log was cut off at some point.

03-31-05, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail biancaxxx Click to send private message to biancaxxx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
84. "No P.O.W"
I know this info is a little late, and that we've all speculated about it anyway, but my source has confirmed there will be NO pow exchange in this ep.

03-31-05, 10:44 AM (EST)
86. "RE: No P.O.W"
Thanks, bianca! So it's business as usual...

montanagirl 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-31-05, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail montanagirl Click to send private message to montanagirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
87. "RE: No P.O.W"
Thanks Biannca!

I have been answering NO to all of the kidnapping/POW exchange questions on all the boards...just felt that it wouldn't be prudent at this point...

HOWEVER, I did come up with an EXTREMELY speculative scenerio that might explain how a POW exchange would fit, given we were teased with a shot of the individual immunity necklace...

RC is SOS...Ulong loses (boo-hoo) and Koror gets their MRE Reward (See Korors celebrating on their beach - followed by a day of horrendus shitting, and Ian doing TP patrol at the privy).

IC is Sea Stars, but there's a catch...before the IC each team choses a 'POW' from the other team. This POW is made to sit out the IC AND go to TC with their captors. The OTHER catch...the POW has immunity. Koror chooses BJ to sit out, Ulong chooses Tom. Ulong goes to TC and Tom and Stephanie (see ep. 1 alliance) vote out Ibe. POWs go back home the next morning.

OR (more likely)

IC is Sea Stars, the POW sits out the challange (held 'captive' by the other team) and then goes to TC with their OWN tribe, bestowed with immunity for having to sit out the challange. Once again, Koror picks BJ to sit out, he gets the individual immunity when his tribe looses, they go to TC, and vote out Ibe.

In either scenerio, there are enough people for a vote at TC and Steph has someone at camp with her...leaving the fire challange for next week and Steph spending the night alone for after next weeks TC.

-montanagirl

03-31-05, 02:59 PM (EST)
88. "RE: No P.O.W"
The latter is what I'm thinking too! It wouldn't be so much a POW, as an amendment to the sit-out rule. If each tribe can neutralize the other's main source of strength, then it (in theory) would even out the playing field. We have already seen
attempts to create equality, such as Pick-Em, By-Any-Means and
the Sumo-at-Sea. Trouble is, nothing can change the fact that Ibe can't swim!

03-31-05, 05:32 PM (EST)
89. "RE: No P.O.W"
No exchange? Is it an exchange if only 1 person changes sides? That sounds like a kidnapping. Ulong really needs to be dissolved tonight. 2 half daid people for 3 days is just boring.

Bob, who hopes this isn't like the Bubba boot.

gengin 22 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-05, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail gengin Click to send private message to gengin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
90. "RE: No P.O.W"
No kiddnapping this week !!!!

gengin 22 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-05, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail gengin Click to send private message to gengin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
91. "RE: No P.O.W"
What prompted the inital thought of a POW plot?

04-01-05, 01:41 PM (EST)
92. "RE: No P.O.W"
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-05 AT 01:43 PM (EST)

CMC had posted a spoiler on a POW/Kidnapping over at sucks, which is where the idea of it came from.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •