The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Final Decision"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

nascargirl29 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-20-04, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nascargirl29 Click to send private message to nascargirl29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Final Decision"
Who should she pick?
Who WILL she pick?

Two questions with potentially different answers for a lot of people! The network is infamous for misleading us... so really you might start to think Ian will be the one she picks:
· For weeks we have all thought Matthew (admit it... or Lanny... admit it... you had it down to those two at some point)
· The network keeps saying she wants a ring - Matthew is willing to give that to her... pictures of him with a ring appear...

There is so much more but let's start there!

Vote now for the heck of it

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Final Decision leogirl_21 02-20-04 1
   RE: Final Decision redheaded_sweetheart 02-20-04 2
       RE: Final Decision kelli_blue 02-21-04 4
       RE: Final Decision Roobean 02-21-04 7
 RE: Final Decision mookiemeister 02-21-04 3
   RE: Final Decision reality_gal 02-21-04 10
   RE: Final Decision minkey 02-22-04 15
 RE: Final Decision Lolette 02-21-04 5
 Ian Tsunami 02-21-04 6
 RE: Final Decision ValleyGirl 02-21-04 8
   RE: Final Decision Rockytop Chick 02-21-04 9
 RE: Final Decision peacenlove2u 02-22-04 11
   RE: Final Decision leogirl_21 02-22-04 12
   RE: Final Decision Loree 02-22-04 13
       RE: Final Decision minkey 02-22-04 14
 RE: Final Decision djandy 02-22-04 16
   RE: Final Decision smiley 02-23-04 17
 RE: Final Decision ohiomobprincess 02-23-04 18
 Ian buckeyegirl 02-24-04 19
 RE: Final Decision redefine_perfection13 02-24-04 20
 RE: Final Decision silesia18 02-25-04 21
   RE: Final Decision freakusmaximus 02-25-04 25
 RE: Final Decision littlemisssmartypants 02-25-04 22
 RE: Final Decision realitybites 02-25-04 23
   RE: Final Decision freakusmaximus 02-25-04 24
       RE: Final Decision lennon29 02-25-04 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

leogirl_21 371 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-20-04, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leogirl_21 Click to send private message to leogirl_21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Final Decision"
I think that Meredith will choose Ian, I don't know why...just a gut feeling and the way Meredith is when she is around him.
I think that she should choose Matthew because he is amazing...he's sweet, kind, funny, and witty.
I think that the difference between Matthew and Ian is that Matthew is genuine. Ian seemingly isn't because of some of the things that he may have said.

redheaded_sweetheart 276 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-20-04, 11:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redheaded_sweetheart Click to send private message to redheaded_sweetheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Final Decision"
I agree with you leogirl. I think she'll pick Ian but that she should pick Matthew.

I don't necessarily think the network is pushing Matthew though. I think they are being "promoted" fairly evenly. I think she's gonna pick Ian because of that big-goofy-in love/lust grin she gets whenever she sees Ian. I don't see her face light up like that with Matthew.

kelli_blue 301 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-04, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kelli_blue Click to send private message to kelli_blue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Final Decision"
I'd like for her to pick Matthew, but think she'll pick Ian too. Maybe because he seems like more of a challenge for her.

Hope I'm wrong!

Roobean 155 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-21-04, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Roobean Click to send private message to Roobean Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Final Decision"
I totally agree with you about her goofy smile when she is with Ian. She seems happy to see Matthew but she has that giddy "I'm so in love" smile when she sees Ian.

Therefore, I think she picks Ian.

mookiemeister 284 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-04, 02:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mookiemeister Click to send private message to mookiemeister Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Final Decision"
From Meredith's interview, I get the impression that she's not ready to commit yet. Since Matt is ready to settle down, and Ian is not, Meredith will pick Ian. She won't pick Matt and then having to reject Matt when he propose to her.

So my pick is Ian as Meredith's final guy.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein

reality_gal 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-21-04, 08:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail reality_gal Click to send private message to reality_gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Final Decision"
>From Meredith's interview, I get the
>impression that she's not ready
>to commit yet. I thought the show was about finding someone to get committed to and marry not for experimenting like other dating shows. Trista was more genuine.

minkey 231 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-04, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minkey Click to send private message to minkey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Final Decision"
Interesting. What interview???

Lolette 254 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-04, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lolette Click to send private message to Lolette Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Final Decision"
The Winner is Ian !!! Why? Read this ... "Next week is the 2-hour finale where both guys head home to Portland to meet Meredith’s folks. Then in the biggest rose ceremony yet, Meredith makes her decision in front of all of America in what has to be one of the ugliest final outfits ever. What in the hell is she wearing? A black skirt and I some white t-shirt with a giant collar. Gee. Glad you dressed for the occasion. Maybe that means she picks Ian since she knows she’s not getting a ring. Hmmmmm….until next week when this season finally comes to an end. " From http://www.realitysteve.com/bachelorette2/bachelorette2.reunion.html

Tsunami 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-21-04, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tsunami Click to send private message to Tsunami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Ian"
LAST EDITED ON 02-21-04 AT 11:31 AM (EST)

Going with the crowd on this one. I just re-watched their overnight dates and it could go either way, but my gut is saying Ian (my gut being only slightly more reliable than Lex's). Either way, I'm sure I will cry for the "loser" - whoever it is is going to be so sad.

OK - Why am I so emotionally attached to these shows?!

Edited to add - her final rose outfit is hideous!

ValleyGirl 377 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-04, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ValleyGirl Click to send private message to ValleyGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Final Decision"
Matthew appears to be the safe pick, being portrayed as the nice guy, from a good family, good husband material, while Ian appears more mysterious, less settled, less ready to get married.
I think she will pick Ian, because as she says "I just melt when I'm around him".
Valley Girl
member Team MadDog

Rockytop Chick 314 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-04, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rockytop%20Chick Click to send private message to Rockytop%20Chick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Final Decision"
Ian and Matthew have been my favorites since the first show. I wouldn't be terribly dissapointed if she picked either one. And I don't think the proposal is so terribly important to Meredith, either. "I'd rather have love than a ring" I think that she will choose the one she most wants to be with , not necessaruly the one most likely to propose on national TV. Ian and Matthew are two completely different guys, but I really like both of them.

peacenlove2u 27 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-04, 00:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail peacenlove2u Click to send private message to peacenlove2u Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Final Decision"
Ok everyone - I think you're wrong! I think it is going to be our good guy Matt. My reasoning is this: Meredith says she is, at present, "in love". How many months ago did the show finish taping? If she did pick Ian there is NO WAY it would still be lasting! By now either his brother would have gotten in the way of their relationship or his "friend" with the loft (who I believe is actually his lover - but that's another story) would have helped put an end to it. Dramatic isn't it? ...

leogirl_21 371 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-04, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail leogirl_21 Click to send private message to leogirl_21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Final Decision"
Ooh I really hope that you are right, I want it to be Matt so bad...he's such a sweetie!
*keeps fingers crossed*

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-22-04, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Final Decision"
>>> How many months ago
>did the show finish taping?
> If she did pick
>Ian there is NO WAY
>it would still be lasting!
> By now either his
>brother would have gotten in
>the way of their relationship
>or his "friend" with the
>loft (who I believe is
>actually his lover - but
>that's another story) would have
>helped put an end to
>it.

Yes, but Meredith and who she picked have not been allowed to date publicly since the show. They have had very little contact. So she could have stayed "in love" with whoever she picked because they have not had a chance to fight and break up yet. Their friends are not suppose to know if they were the man Meredith picked.

minkey 231 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-04, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minkey Click to send private message to minkey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Final Decision"
LAST EDITED ON 02-22-04 AT 05:18 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-22-04 AT 05:16 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-22-04 AT 05:15 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-22-04 AT 05:07 PM (EST)

I don't trust any of it. The editing is telling the story. I choose (click heels in ruby slippers) to believe that there's much more to all these people than we're allowed to see. Due to editing, ALL conversation comes off artificial, superficial and stilted. If it's not the editing, I'm wondering... are any of them fit to hold down a job, get dressed by themselves. (Insert Meredith clothes joke here.) There must be something more to Ian than the unstable, brooding, distant man - and Matt can't be as da%m wonderful as he appears.

I think she'll choose Ian. (Unless, of course, their using reverse reverse-psycology on us... Their highlighting "good" Matt, so we all believe it's Ian, but it truly IS Matt... Are they that cunning... Doubtful!)

Also, Meredith is being portayed as not only a bed dresser (though, gasp, I liked several of her outfit), but a dim bulb. She might not be the "rocket scientist" but she clearly has more going on than the editing allows. After I got to see more of Andrew Firestone (post show), he seemed vastly more appealing - albiet, in a bad puppy sort of way.

- Uh, having a little problem getting my words straight here.

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-22-04, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Final Decision"
Who should she pick? Matthew
Who WILL she pick? Ian

And will she regret her choice soon? Yes (I give it 2 months).

djandy

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-23-04, 08:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Final Decision"
Couldn't have said it any better.

*Proud Member of the RR/RW Old Fart Club*

ohiomobprincess 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-23-04, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ohiomobprincess Click to send private message to ohiomobprincess Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Final Decision"
I think she'll pick Matthew, but will secretly long for Ian. I actually want her to pick Calvin Klein, so he can give her some much needed fashion advice.

Monica

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-24-04, 08:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Ian"
My heart tells me Matthew, but my mind tells me Ian because of the mystery factor.

~hoping I'm wrong...

redefine_perfection13 114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-24-04, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redefine_perfection13 Click to send private message to redefine_perfection13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Final Decision"
Hopefully ABC is pulling another Ryan and Trista, where we all think she'll pick Charlie (well in this case Ian)but as we all know picks Ryan

I think she'll pick Ian, something about the chemistry I guess

She should be picking Matthew!

silesia18 36 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail silesia18 Click to send private message to silesia18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Final Decision"
i'm going to go against everything and say she picks matthew b/c she would be a fool not to. and well, i always had the impression that meredith was not a fool. but i'm probably wrong and i'm sure i'll be just as disappointed tonight as i was when blob picked estella.

freakusmaximus 310 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail freakusmaximus Click to send private message to freakusmaximus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Final Decision"
why do you think she would be a fool not to pick matthew? just b/c he likes her so much? that is no reason unless she feels the same way about him! if you watch them together its clear there is no chemistry

littlemisssmartypants 477 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-25-04, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail littlemisssmartypants Click to send private message to littlemisssmartypants Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Final Decision"
She should have picked one of the first bunch she let go. Or Sean. He was yummy.
She will pick Ian, and they will travel back in time to the 70s where his look belongs (put him in a brown turtleneck and slap a handlebar moustache on him and you'll see what I mean).
He'll give her the ring. They're setting us up for his dramatic change of heart, where he gives her his love and opens himself up to her. But, it'll be Bob-style.

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-25-04, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Final Decision"
I have a mixed record with these things.

I think she'll pick Ian. He will NOT ask her to marry him. I'm not sure what they'll do with the ring.

freakusmaximus 310 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail freakusmaximus Click to send private message to freakusmaximus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Final Decision"
I think she will pick Ian because she is attracted to him and not to matt. that is the logical thing to do. why pick the "nice guy" if he isnt the one she is attracted to? if it doesnt work out with ian she will meet someone else- its not like her life is over after this show!

lennon29 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-25-04, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lennon29 Click to send private message to lennon29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Final Decision"
I think she will and should pick Ian.

There is no doubt that Matthew's a great guy, but all that really matters is who'se right for Meredith.

Her and Ian seem to be a lot alike and have obvious chemistry. While the whole not meeting the family/overprotective brother situation was strange, it might have just been that the family disagreed with his decision to go on TV to find love.

Seems to me he's in it for the right reasons and that he's very open to making a commitment. He just wasn't going to do it for the sake of doing it - and I respect that.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •