The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rodger's strategy"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Superman 3157 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-31-01, 07:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Superman Click to send private message to Superman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rodger's strategy"
Anyone else find it strange that Rodger had someone else read what was written in his Bible? He claimed that he didn't have his glasses with him. Isn't it odd that he would even bother opening his Bible without his glasses on, knowing that he couldn't read without them?

I think this was a clever ploy by Rodger to come off as a family man (which, I'm not doubting that he is). In a round about way he was letting everyone feel like they knew him better, by reading personal letters for him. Pretty clever if you ask me.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rodger's strategy George Tirebiter 01-31-01 1
   RE: Rodger's strategy potterybiz 01-31-01 2
   RE: Rodger's strategy treedom 02-03-01 3
       RE: Rodger's strategy Minstrel 02-03-01 5
 RE: Rodger's glasses moonbaby 02-03-01 4
 RE: Rodger's strategy YogiBear 02-04-01 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-31-01, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rodger's strategy"
I've asked about this, too--and it's been analyzed much more astutely by others here. Unfortunately, this place is getting too busy for me to remember who said what, or where! (Damn. This bodes ill for my ability to follow the show, if my attention span doesn't go beyond the page I'm currently on. . .) I can't figure out if Rodger is really clever, or just thinks he is. Does he figure he can recreate the Dique/Rudy relationship (minus the screw-up at the end)? The whole thing where they went off in the canoe together and compared oars smelled of something. . . and the Bible-reading seemed contrived.

I'm so thrilled we get a second fix, this week! Maybe we'll have more to work with, after tonight.

potterybiz 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-31-01, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail potterybiz Click to send private message to potterybiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rodger's strategy"
he doesnt seem that way to me. First off, in his application he listed his greatest acheivement as his daughter. That says alot about someone to me...as much as my parents adore me, I dont see my father listing that on his application. On the newspaper articles about him where they interviewed his students they all said how nice he is and how he gives them alot of help whenever they need it...and the reporter was looking for dirt and could not find any from kids in junior high! Having been a teacher, I can tell you if kids in junior high have only good things to say about you (and some of these kids asked that their last names not be used so that they would be anonymous)then you must be pretty darn extra-sweet.

I don't know, I think he seems really genuine. It also says alot to me that his son-in-law wrote a note to him that started out Dear Dad" Now, if he is being fake asking it to be read to him, it still says alot that he would be addressed that way; and his surprise and being touched looked quite real.

The article I read (what is the survivor site that has all the news articles? is it survivorsucks? I cant remember) said the tabloids tried hard to find negative information on him and failed. He is known as a sweet guy who is a dedicated teacher in his town and he could have made a big deal about how he knew how to build the shelter as he had been a home builder and was a shop teacher and thus look more valuable, but when the other guy was trying to be the leader, Rodger just let him be one. Everyone else seemed to be trying to prove their smarts and abilities etc and I was impressed that he stepped back and let someone else lead.

I dont know, he just seems like a sweet guy to be so close to his family and students...it would be a great twist to find out he is ruthless!

Also, he lost 25 pounds and has his pants pulled over and pinned when he returned home so hopefully this means he did really well. I also read this in the news articles.

Alana

treedom 4 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-01, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail treedom Click to send private message to treedom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rodger's strategy"
I dunno. Everyone on S2 seems to be very suspicious of everything others do. Look at how ppl were reacting to Kel and Michael going fishing. They weren't exactly rooting them on.

But, even though he hasn't exactly shined in the challenges, Rodger's tribe seems to like him.

So, suspicious as they are of everything, and given a good reason not to like this guy, they still do. Maybe he *is* a really nice guy.

Who knows?

Minstrel 422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-03-01, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Minstrel Click to send private message to Minstrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rodger's strategy"
Treedom I agree, Rodger is a nice guy. He may have been trying to see who would help him and thus, who could he trust. But one thing is for certain. He is the weakest link in the challenges and therefore, needs to find an alliance and fast! Unless Kucha has more "Debbs" in it or something as sudden as what happened to Kel, the weak will be targets. He needed to jump off that cliff and he did, but each time it seems something happens to him and his tribe loses. Before long this will not be acceptable.

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-03-01, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rodger's glasses"
LAST EDITED ON 02-03-01 AT 06:27 PM (EST)

Either it's a ploy or was Alicia using them when trying to start a fire on her own?

YogiBear 7 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-01, 03:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail YogiBear Click to send private message to YogiBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rodger's strategy"
It's been speculated that Nick will go early, I think the reason for them to vote him off would be because he is strong and is a threat. Rodger (my favorite so far), might stick around partially because he won't be seen as a threat. But keep in mind that I think that the original cast though that about Rudy and Rich. So he may have a complicated strategy.

1. He's become friends with a strong player in Mike, and may have made a deal for him to not vote against him. If Mike does last, then one vote could become critical eventually.
2. He's gotten a lot of the team to like him by being personable as has been said, with his bible and letters.
3. He's keeping the others from thinking he may be a threat to win, and they may decide to keep him around. I would rather be playing against people I wouldn't think would beat me.
4. Even if they do lose the challenges, they will see the writing on the wall and just try to make it to the merger, another reason to get rid of strong players asap.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •