The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What's so bad about Keith?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Thinking 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-15-01, 10:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Thinking Click to send private message to Thinking Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What's so bad about Keith?"
Hi, guys!

I've been noticing a lot of posts here and elsewhere that talk about how arrogant Keith is, making him less worthy than the remaining four contestants. I don't think he's any less arrogant than Colby or even Tina, from what I can see. Am I missing something?

Early on, Keith and Jerri got into it, true. But any enemy of Jerri's is no friend of mine! Besides which, I recall in the first episode how Keith tried to involve Jerri while he struggled to start fire (and she banged her bongo), which showed an attempt to reach out to her despite their rough start.

When Jerri arrogantly took over the cooking, Keith told the camera it was fine with him, despite Jerri making out she'd usurped his power and shamed him before the tribe. When Jerri demanded he bury the fish guts, he went along with it, though he--and most of America--agreed it was an idiotic thing to do.

Yes, they argued about when to cook the green tomatoes. But if I was a professional chef, I'd want my opinion considered when it involved cooking--just as any expert would about their field. Who isn't "arrogant" to a degree about their area of expertise?

Whe

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What's so bad about Keith? Palenquei 04-16-01 1
   RE: What's so bad about Keith? Thinking 04-16-01 5
       RE: What's so bad about Keith? Cherberrie 04-22-01 16
           RE: What's so bad about Keith? Thinking 04-22-01 19
               RE: What's so bad about Keith? Cherberrie 04-24-01 21
 RE: What's so bad about Keith? desert_rhino 04-16-01 2
   RE: What's so bad about Keith? darbygrl 04-16-01 3
   RE: What's so bad about Keith? Thinking 04-16-01 4
       RE: What's so bad about Keith? desert_rhino 04-16-01 6
           RE: What's so bad about Keith? Bushwacker 04-16-01 8
 RE: What's so bad about Keith? dangerkitty 04-16-01 7
   RE: What's so bad about Keith? Donzi 04-16-01 9
 RE: What's so bad about Keith? katttywoman 04-18-01 10
 RE: What's so bad about Keith? Survivorchick 04-18-01 11
   RE: What's so bad about Keith? Thinking 04-18-01 12
       RE: What's so bad about Keith? Donzi 04-19-01 13
       RE: What's so bad about Keith? ItzLisa 04-20-01 14
           RE: What's so bad about Keith? Thinking 04-20-01 15
       RE: What's so bad about Keith? Cherberrie 04-22-01 17
           RE: What's so bad about Keith? Thinking 04-22-01 18
               RE: What's so bad about Keith? Cherberrie 04-24-01 22
                   RE: What's so bad about Keith? Thinking 04-24-01 23
                       RE: What's so bad about Keith? Cherberrie 04-24-01 24
                           RE: What's so bad about Keith? Thinking 04-24-01 25
                               OMG IceCat 04-25-01 26
                                   RE: OMG Thinking 04-25-01 27
 RE: What's so bad about Keith? bloody_bozo 04-23-01 20
 RE: What's so bad about Keith? Survivorchick 04-25-01 28
   RE: What's so bad about Keith? Monkeyboy 04-27-01 29
       RE: What's so bad about Keith? Thinking 04-27-01 33
 RE: What's so bad about Keith? puggylove 04-27-01 30
   RE: What's so bad about Keith? BluSavana 04-27-01 31
   RE: What's so bad about Keith? Thinking 04-27-01 32
       RE: What's so bad about Keith? ACPS65 04-27-01 34
           RE: What's so bad about Keith? Cherberrie 04-28-01 35
           RE: What's so bad about Keith? Monkeyboy 04-30-01 36

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Palenquei 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-16-01, 00:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Palenquei Click to send private message to Palenquei Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What's so bad about Keith?"
Hi!...I'm a newbie, but I've been lurking here for a lil while. so I thought I'd join yall. I agree with this post completely...sure he was a tad bit arrogant by not bringing his backpack to TC, and perhaps he's burned too many bridges (he ain't gonna win against any of the other remaining five if he goes into the final two) But he's not malicious or overly conniving...plus he's rather amusing. Who doesn't get a kick out of a professional chef who can't cook friggin rice? His comments about Scerri are priceless...I have a soft spot in my heart for him, but I don't see him getting much furthur in the game...sorry, i had to pick something to discuss for my virgin post

04-16-01, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thinking Click to send private message to Thinking Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What's so bad about Keith?"
> But he's not malicious
>or overly conniving...plus he's rather
>amusing. Who doesn't get a
>kick out of a professional
>chef who can't cook friggin
>rice? His comments about Scerri
>are priceless...I have a soft
>spot in my heart for
>him, but I don't see
>him getting much furthur in
>the game...sorry, i had to
>pick something to discuss for
>my virgin post >>

Welcome, Palenquei! Thanks for posting on my thread (I'm relatively new to posting on this board myself.) We'll just have to see how far Keith gets, rice and all. BTW, he's going to be putting out a new cookbook titled, "Yes, I Can Cook Rice."

Cherberrie 1285 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-22-01, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cherberrie Click to send private message to Cherberrie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: What's so bad about Keith?"
Hey Thinking, I've been thinking about both your posts. After I read the first one I thought to myself, this person sounds like he/she knows Keith. Now that I've read the second post I think you are either Keith or that chef-lover friend of his that recently accepted his marriage proposal. Who else would know about his new rice cookbook?

-Cher

There's a conspiracy around every corner.

04-22-01, 09:35 PM (EST)
19. "RE: What's so bad about Keith?"
Are you kidding? I'm a 41-year-old married woman mother/professional book editor (and fiction author) fan of the show, is who I really am. My name's in the profile, if you care to check me out.

I knew about Keith's "I Can Cook Rice" book because it's been in the news. He's made several appearances to promote his current cookbook. I live in the Northwest and have never seen or heard of Keith until the show.

Read the rest of the posts on this board, hon. Lots of people feel the same way about Keith as I do without "knowing" him, except through what we've been shown on the show.

My question to you is, what do you have against him that you care that he has a fan here or there?

04-24-01, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cherberrie Click to send private message to Cherberrie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: What's so bad about Keith?"
>My question to you is, what do you have against
>him that you care that he has a fan here or there?

I never said that I had a PROBLEM with him having fans! And, I can't tell you what I have against him cause this is the "fanatics" board! Go browse around the "basher" board if you are interested in seeing what many people, including myself, have against Keith!

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-16-01, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What's so bad about Keith?"
>Yes, they argued about when to cook the green tomatoes. But if I
>was a professional chef, I'd want my opinion considered when it
>involved cooking--just as any expert would about their field.
>Who isn't "arrogant" to a degree about their area of expertise?

1: The stupid tomatoes were already pulled up and dead. The point of arguing that they'd have been better a day longer on the vine was what?

2: A smart professional chef would put in his 2 bits' worth and shut up, if it was clear his opinion wasn't wanted.

3: I go back to my previous comment about the Corn-Cobster, and expand it slightly to say that neither he nor Keith have yet learned that sometimes winning is losing. Arrogance invariably leads to excessive attempts to "win."

4: Is this about who's the better cook when you've got some fish, a handful of nasty green wild tomatoes and a cup of rice, or is it (and I'm voting for this one, myself) about who gets handed a check for a million dollars?

-- JV

Icarus steps out for the afternoon.

darbygrl 293 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-16-01, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail darbygrl Click to send private message to darbygrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What's so bad about Keith?"
corn-cobster---LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

04-16-01, 11:30 AM (EST)
4. "RE: What's so bad about Keith?"
>1: The stupid tomatoes were
>already pulled up and dead.
> The point of arguing
>that they'd have been better
>a day longer on the
>vine was what? >>

So Jerri denuded the entire bush? Or were there others he was hoping she wouldn't pick before their time?

>2: A smart professional chef
>would put in his 2
>bits' worth and shut up,
>if it was clear his
>opinion wasn't wanted.>>

I agree. Keith's not perfect by any means. I just don't think he's as arrogant as some think.

>3: I go back to
>my previous comment about the
>Corn-Cobster, and expand it slightly
>to say that neither he
>nor Keith have yet learned
>that sometimes winning is losing.
> Arrogance invariably leads to
>excessive attempts to "win." >>

Right. But he hasn't won squat in a while. Consequently, who do the tribe members think is the bigger threat--Keith, or Colby? In fact, I'd venture to say he's the one all of them would prefer to be in the final two with, at this point.

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-01, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What's so bad about Keith?"
>So Jerri denuded the entire bush?
>Or were there others he
>was hoping she wouldn't pick
>before their time?

Nah, she just yanked the whole thing up by the roots, and carried it back to camp. Stupid, but non-reversible, so his bitchy comments were worthless and only aggravated the situation.

>I agree. Keith's not perfect by
>any means. I just don't
>think he's as arrogant as
>some think.

I think what we have with keith is an equal measure of arrogance and mediocre intelligence. He chooses very bad times to assert himself.

>Right. But he hasn't won squat in a while. Consequently, who
>do the tribe members think is the bigger threat--Keith, or
>Colby? In fact, I'd venture to say he's the one
>all of them would prefer to be in the final
>two with, at this point.

The kind of thing I am talking about when I say "win" is his "winning" the argument about walking across the log in the current. It was a stupid argument, he took a stupid, dangerous position, and then had to "win," because he'd staked his pride on doing it. Tina's plan was much smarter and safer. Faster, too.

I also think that being the person you want with you in the final 2 is hardly a position of honor. It's a statement that the person has so alienated and ticked off everyone on the jury that you're practically guaranteed a check for $1,000,000.

-- JV

Icarus steps out for the afternoon.

Bushwacker 74 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-16-01, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bushwacker Click to send private message to Bushwacker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: What's so bad about Keith?"
I agree that Keith isn't another Jerri but he has shown a side of himself that is a little too stubborn. Retreiving the rice canister is just one example. Tina was the brighter one there. Keith just appears to be a bit too cocky for someone whose not winning challenges.

I've been posting that I think everyone would prefer to go against Keith in the final two. It doesn't make Keith a bad person, just the one everyone else should be able to beat.

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-16-01, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: What's so bad about Keith?"
I think a lot of what you are seeing lately re: Keith is due to the editing last 2 eps. Yes, there is an element of arrogance to his personality and style. Not saying it's good or bad, just the way he comes across. But in last 2 eps, it has been highlighted. Because Jerri is gone, and they need to give us someone to dislike, a source of conflict. The preview of the Colby-Keith spat may or may not be relevant to anything, but conflict is what makes good TV. I also notice a tendency to portray Keith as a bit of a dufus or fool.

Last 2 eps: During food auction, camera caught Keith' pouting face as he lost out on couple of items. Editing choice. During IC fire building, editing showed him tossing his bucket prematurely, then again his pout was captured when Colby won. Another backhanded swipe was after rescue of rice, it was Keith who went into the river with the matches in his pocket. Oh, we also had the interview about the grasshoppers where is remarks about Cowboy Colby suggested jealousy. Caption on the RC "Keith last place". Keith is getting the tag of both arrogant AND a fool.

This is just the facts of the editing that people are responding to. Potential for conflict, which preview for next week confirms as occuring. Keith is the one that is being used as a lightening rod for conflict. Is it entirely fair and accurate? Well... just like Jerri, you can't edit in something that didn't happen, but for all we know his stuff is being emphasized, and other people's annoying moments are not shown. Gotta have conflict!

dangerkitty

w.l.s.f.c.

Donzi 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-16-01, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Donzi Click to send private message to Donzi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: What's so bad about Keith?"
Great post, kitty... There's not much I can add. I agree that due to the editing Keith is being portrayed as the source of conflict, and that's what makes the show interesting. After all, what if the final five were all Lis or Rodger clones? We would love everyone. There would be no one to stir up any dissention or conflict, and our discussions about the personalities on the show would be all sweet and loving and BORING! Look how we hated Jerri, and after she was booted we had ambivalent feelings. Sure, we were elated that she was gone, but it was a letdown in that we didn't have that witch around to bash anymore. Not that I mean to imply that Keith is the male counterpart of Jerri, just that he is being portrayed as the least likeable of the remaining survivors.

That having been said, I'm going on record as saying that Keith is the one I'm pulling for to go all the way. I've liked this guy from day 1, and I have yet to waver in my opinion that he should walk off with the million.

katttywoman 160 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-01, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katttywoman Click to send private message to katttywoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: What's so bad about Keith?"
Ya know, I was starting to wonder if I was the only one out here who actually likes Keith!

Glad to see I'm not alone!

Meow to you too!

Survivorchick 1161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-18-01, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorchick Click to send private message to Survivorchick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: What's so bad about Keith?"
If you think about who is left in the game at this point, we are getting low on bad guys. In S1, I didn't really like ANY of the final five contestants. In S2, I like them all. Now that Jerri's gone, we need to hate somebody. Is it going to be Liz? Obviously not. Colby is pretty likeable. Tina is sweet, if also conniving. We can't complain about Rodger. Keith becomes the bad guy by default. A nice guy in general (especially when compared to the Richs and Kellys of the past) But he should've been voted off a long time ago. A little bit of arrogance goes a long way.

04-18-01, 03:21 PM (EST)
12. "RE: What's so bad about Keith?"
>If you think about who is
>left in the game at
>this point, we are getting
>low on bad guys. In
>S1, I didn't really like
>ANY of the final five
>contestants. In S2, I like
>them all. Now that Jerri's
>gone, we need to hate
>somebody. Is it going to
>be Liz? Obviously not. Colby
>is pretty likeable. Tina is
>sweet, if also conniving. We
>can't complain about Rodger. Keith
>becomes the bad guy by
>default. A nice guy in
>general (especially when compared to
>the Richs and Kellys of
>the past) But he should've
>been voted off a long
>time ago. A little bit
>of arrogance goes a long
>way.

If it's about arrogance, Colby has it in spades.

I don't need to have a bad guy to root against (I can't wait for goodness to prevail, to prove to Dique that his way of winning isn't the ONLY way!).

But of the rest of them, I LEAST like Tina for being a backpack-searching, Benedict Tina backstabber.

Here's a link to a great article that perfectly captures how I feel about the Keithster:

http://www.3bigshows.com/survivorii-keith.shtml

Here's an excerpt that captures my own feelings: "I love this guy. He is the ONLY one to take an early disadvantage against himself, stand up to peer pressure, exert his physical strength, endurance, and will to persevere, and come out on the better side. (At this point.) Sure, Keith has a bit of an attitude, especially around Jerri, but wouldn't YOU? I would love to see Keith win, I surely would. Sure, he's obnoxious about his cooking expertise, so what. No one is perfect. But he's strategizing, he's showing that forty-year-olds can get the job done, and he is honest in his approach to the game."

Donzi 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-19-01, 11:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Donzi Click to send private message to Donzi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: What's so bad about Keith?"
Thinking, I love your thoughtful posts! Thanks for the link to the article about Keith, AKA "Carrots." Of all the remaining survivors, he is being portrayed in the worst light, but I love the guy for all the reasons you stated and I'm hoping he goes all the way! When he proposed to his girlfriend online, I had tears in my eyes. It was so touching. (Actually, the whole show was a big tear-fest on my part. LOL)

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-20-01, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: What's so bad about Keith?"

>Here's an excerpt that captures my
>own feelings: "I love this
>He is the ONLY one to take an early disadvantage against himself, stand up to peer pressure, exert his physical strength, endurance, and will to persevere, and come out on the better side. (At this point.) Sure, Keith has a bit of an attitude, especially around Jerri, but wouldn't YOU? I would love to see Keith win, I surely would. Sure, he's obnoxious about his cooking expertise, so what. No one is perfect. But he's strategizing, he's showing that forty-year-olds can get the job done, and he is honest in his approach to the game."

*** Well, I'm sorry I'm chiming in late here, but better late than never! This is what I've said all along - WHAT is not to like about this guy??? I truly, honestly DO NOT see the arrogance and pomposity that others are complaining about! He's been decent and solid all along - loyal to that pretty boy dufus Colby (speaking of pompous!) and to Tina, good to everyone except Jerri - and can you blame him? I also admire the fact that he had Jerri's number from the minute they got off the plane. When Amber, Mitchell, and yes, for a time at firs, Colby and Tina were all blinded by her, she didn't have Keith fooled for a second! He saved their rice, he hasn't back-stabbed a single person, he's played the game like a gentleman - HOW is this guy coming off as an a.sshole? I just don't see it!

And Donzi - I got so weepy during the whole show too (I'm such a chump, LOL!!!)! I loved how he proposed online! I can't believe some people are calling that part of his "strategizing"!!!! Unreal! Okay, now Cowboy Colby bringing back coral - THAT's strategizing! That's one thing. But Keith just asked another person to spend the rest of her life with him, for cryin' out loud! Something that will change both of their lives - and folks want to accuse him of doing THAT to strategize the game???? I think it was a moment for him, at the risk of sounding corny. He's cold, he's homesick, he's hungry - hell, they all are. And in a moment of inspiration, he's in contact with his girlfriend for the first time in over a month on the other side of the world, and boom! He just pops the question. I was totally touched, but I wasn't surprised! Who among us might not be thinking along those lines in the situation he's in? He misses her, he loves her, he hasn't heard from her in a month - and yes, his better nature took over. That people think he's strategizing by doing something that changes both of their lives so significntly is just crass!

(And I'm totally surprised that our Miss Blu Savana isn't in on this thread!)

W.L.S.F.C. - NY chapter

04-20-01, 03:22 PM (EST)
15. "RE: What's so bad about Keith?"
>I also admire the fact
>that he had Jerri's number
>from the minute they got
>off the plane.

You said it. He knew what she was--and Jerri hated him for being "on" to her, IMO.

>I loved how
>he proposed online! I
>can't believe some people are
>calling that part of his
>"strategizing"!!!! Unreal!
>Okay, now Cowboy Colby bringing
>back coral - THAT's strategizing!
> That's one thing.
> But Keith just asked
>another person to spend the
>rest of her life with
>him, for cryin' out loud! >>

Right. And before this ep, some were speculating that Elizabeth's boyfriend would propose to HER--that being OK, apparently.

04-22-01, 10:47 AM (EST)
17. "RE: What's so bad about Keith?"
>If it's about arrogance, Colby has it in spades.

You have it backwards..."f it's about arrogance, KEITH has it in spades. Allow me to quote from that great article you love so much that "perfectly captures how I feel about the Keithster"...

"Right now, I'm feeling more ambilivent regarding Keith. I was a staunch supporter through almost this entire series, and in some ways, I still respect Keith for standing up to Jerri when it wasn't the popular or safe thing to do, but I also am now finally beginning to see and acknowledge the "attitude" that others have seen and talked about."

-Cher

There's a conspiracy around every corner.

04-22-01, 09:31 PM (EST)
18. "RE: What's so bad about Keith?"
>>If it's about arrogance, Colby has it in spades.
>
>You have it backwards..."f it's about
>arrogance, KEITH has it in
>spades. Allow me to
>quote from that great article
>you love so much that
>"perfectly captures how I feel
>about the Keithster"...
>
>"Right now, I'm feeling more ambilivent
>regarding Keith. I was a
>staunch supporter through almost this
>entire series, and in some
>ways, I still respect Keith
>for standing up to Jerri
>when it wasn't the popular
>or safe thing to do,
>but I also am now
>finally beginning to see and
>acknowledge the "attitude" that others
>have seen and talked about."

Where are the examples? What is she seeing? I don't agree with the author so much anymore (since she keeps adding to her article week by week, it makes sense). In fact, I e-mailed Gwennie about her silly idea that Keith cheated in the last IC, when all he did was ALMOST pick up one key, then go for the other. Especially silly when it's clear on tape that COLBY cheated in the previous RC when he had both his carabiners off the ropes! But Gwennie loves Colby, see, so she's somewhat biased.

Besides, I didn't say Keith WASN'T somewhat arrogant, just no more than other players are in other ways. The MOST ARROGANT player as I see it now is TINA. She has a real God Complex. She sits there deciding people's fates based on whether they have impressed her or not, like Lamber ("She hasn't shown ME blah blah blah") and most recently Rodger, looking for him to sacrafice himself for Elizabeth. Gross.

04-24-01, 11:12 AM (EST)
22. "RE: What's so bad about Keith?"
I have no intention of getting into a "pissing contest" with you over Keith. Let's face it: I think he sucks and you don't. We should just agree to disagree and go on our separate merry ways!

04-24-01, 07:12 PM (EST)
23. "RE: What's so bad about Keith?"
>I have no intention of getting
>into a "pissing contest" with
>you over Keith. Let's
>face it: I think he
>sucks and you don't.
>We should just agree to
>disagree and go on our
>separate merry ways!

Sounds great to me! I wouldn't have bothered to reply to your other posts at all, if you hadn't accused me of somehow channeling Keith or being Keith himself. It was a rather newbyish thing to do, and I just had to respond...

04-24-01, 08:56 PM (EST)
24. "RE: What's so bad about Keith?"
Ooops! I didn't plan to come across as "accusing!" I was just speculating as you seemed to have what I thought was insider knowledge on the cookbook. You indicated that you are in the publishing industry so now it all makes sense!

BTW, welcome to the board! I see you are a newbie!

04-24-01, 09:08 PM (EST)
25. "RE: What's so bad about Keith?"
>Ooops! I didn't plan to
>come across as "accusing!"
>I was just speculating as
>you seemed to have what
>I thought was insider knowledge
>on the cookbook. You
>indicated that you are in
>the publishing industry so now
>it all makes sense!
>
>BTW, welcome to the board!
>I see you are a
>newbie!

Hi, again! Thanks for the welcome. I'm fairly new posting here, definitely. I was reading it long before I broke down and posted. (I've posted for years on other boards, though.)

Can you tell me, what does OMG <click> mean? I get "Oh, My God!", Amber's fave expression. But what's with the click?

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-01, 05:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "OMG "
The <click> is the sound of the official OMG counter clicking over evrytime someone says OMG.

04-25-01, 11:35 AM (EST)
27. "RE: OMG "
>The <click> is the sound of the official OMG counter clicking over evrytime someone says OMG.

LOL!! Thanks, IceCat. It makes perfect sense now. OMG <click>, that's SO funny!!

bloody_bozo 3 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-01, 11:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bloody_bozo Click to send private message to bloody_bozo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: What's so bad about Keith?"
Duh!! He's a total sissy!! I don't like the way he acted innocently in front of the whole world! About the marriage thing, I think Peas said yes just as a cover-up!! Who on earth would embarrass his/her boyfriend in front of the whole world.!

Survivorchick 1161 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-01, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorchick Click to send private message to Survivorchick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: What's so bad about Keith?"
Yeah. The proposal thing was TOTALLY strategy. Who proposes over the internet after they haven't seen their girlfriend for over a month and won't see her for another two weeks? Not my idea of romance. Why wouldn't he wait to do it in person as soon as he got back? The only reason I can think of... portray himself as endearing to the jury. Someone who really needs that money because he is getting married blah blah blah.

The reason I don't like Keith, is because if I were out there in the outback with him, I can see him driving me crazy. Just the way he acts like he knows more than everyone else. The way he decides how much rice to make even though it was already divided up. The way he doesn't bring his backpack to TC. Why did Jerri, Elizabeth, Colby etc find him so irritating if it was just the editing of the show? I hope he goes this week.

Monkeyboy 1224 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-01, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Monkeyboy Click to send private message to Monkeyboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: What's so bad about Keith?"
Welcome aboard Thinking!
As one of the founding members of the Keith fan club,
I thought I'd better chime in with my continued support for the
old salt-&-pepper beard!
Keith seems like a mellow fellow....much more standable to me
than Mr. Prima-Donna hothead Colby. I don't think we've ever seen an episode where Colby hasn't been trash talking behind somebodies back or losing his cool with somebody.
I don't know about the rice squabble. I find it hard to believe that Keith wouldn't understand the importance of not wasting the rice.
I just wish Keith would get his act together at the challenges because I am so sick of Colby winning everything in sight.

*** GO KEITH ***

04-27-01, 02:07 PM (EST)
33. "RE: What's so bad about Keith?"
>Welcome aboard Thinking!
>As one of the founding members
>of the Keith fan club,
>
>I thought I'd better chime in
>with my continued support for
>the
>old salt-&-pepper beard!
>Keith seems like a mellow fellow....much
>more standable to me
>than Mr. Prima-Donna hothead Colby.
>I don't think we've ever
>seen an episode where Colby
>hasn't been trash talking behind
>somebodies back or losing his
>cool with somebody.
>I don't know about the rice
>squabble. I find it
>hard to believe that Keith
>wouldn't understand the importance of
>not wasting the rice.
>I just wish Keith would get
>his act together at the
>challenges because I am so
>sick of Colby winning everything
>in sight.
>
>*** GO KEITH ***
>

Hi, Monkeyboy! I recognize you're clanging cymbals from the Boot Camp board. I was a fan of Balloonboy, too. *sob*

puggylove 3 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-01, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail puggylove Click to send private message to puggylove Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: What's so bad about Keith?"
When Keith asked Tina to drop off the post into the water so he could win immunity, that told the guy's character. I lost all respect for him. Was tickled pink to see Jerri go. I definitely want Tina to win. That is a lady with character.

BluSavana 694 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-27-01, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BluSavana Click to send private message to BluSavana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: What's so bad about Keith?"
Although Keith has a tendency to do some unlikeable things, I still root for him. I must say, though, to be thoroughly impressed with Colby's winning streak. If he wins, I will be a happy girl! Go Texan! Blu

Stop eye-balling me Recruit Lemon!

04-27-01, 02:06 PM (EST)
32. "RE: What's so bad about Keith?"
>When Keith asked Tina to drop
> off the post into
>the water so he could
>win immunity, that told the
>guy's character. I lost all
>respect for him. Was tickled
>pink to see Jerri go.
>I definitely want Tina to
>win. That is a lady
>with character.

Huh?? Character?? She shouldn't have wasted so much of BOTH their energy trying to win! Keith was absolutely right--in the interests of their entire tribe, she had to step down. He needed it, but more importantly, the Ogakors needed to keep a majority. If she'd continued to be stubborn and won that challenge, she wouldn't be in the final three now.

ACPS65 240 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-27-01, 10:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ACPS65 Click to send private message to ACPS65 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: What's so bad about Keith?"
Out of the final three, Keith is my fave. Go figure. Really can't think of a whole lot he's done that's been worse than what Colby and Tina have.......I'm suprised at the animosity everyone has against the three personally, I think Keith, Colby, and Tina sounds a hell of a lot better than Rudy, Richard, and Kelly....but, just my opinion.

04-28-01, 09:33 AM (EST)
35. "RE: What's so bad about Keith?"
>I think Keith, Colby, and Tina sounds a hell of a lot
>better than Rudy, Richard, and Kelly....

That's fur sure!

Monkeyboy 1224 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-01, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Monkeyboy Click to send private message to Monkeyboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: What's so bad about Keith?"
>I think Keith, Colby, and
>Tina sounds a hell of
>a lot better than Rudy,
>Richard, and Kelly....but, just my
>opinion.
I disagree! If I was having a barbecue party...
who would I rather have come? I think I'll invite Rudy, Rich, and Kelly if you don't mind.
This seasons threesome is SOOOO boring!

"Go Keith"

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •