The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Which reward is which?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-17-05, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Which reward is which?"
I was going to start a thread for each of the challenges, but then realized I wasn't sure which was which...

Once we know which is which we can start a thread for each to help keep the discussions focused.

So what have we got?

The Storyboard Spoiler indicates that "Shoot and Switch" was originally scheduled as a RC. Is it still?

We also have this shot of Jeff starting the Challenge (Name?) that involves swimming...

It appears that Coby and Ton are sitting out behind JP. Would Tom really be sitting out if this was the Immunity Challenge. Wouldn't they save him for the unknown IC.

So, it appears that "Shoot and Switch" may be the IC and the swimming Challenge for Reward. Do we see the idol anywhere? Is there any evidence of a switch prior to the IC?

The web promo vidcaps are available for viewing at Phoenix:
http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/graphics/gallery/S10E06
(Thanks VG!)

What do you think?

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Which reward is which? Devious Weasel 03-17-05 1
   RE: Which reward is which? biancaxxx 03-20-05 2
       RE: Which reward is which? Flowerpower 03-20-05 3
           RE: Which reward is which? volsfan 03-20-05 4
               RE: Which reward is which? Flowerpower 03-20-05 5
       I agree shoot and switch is RC but ... emydi 03-20-05 13
           Well, maybe not... emydi 03-20-05 14
 Necklace? KLicK 03-20-05 6
   RE: Necklace? kathliam 03-20-05 7
       RE: Necklace? Surviette 03-20-05 8
           RE: Necklace? kathliam 03-20-05 9
               RE: Necklace? Flowerpower 03-20-05 10
                   RE: Necklace? kathliam 03-20-05 12
               RE: Necklace? Debberz13 03-20-05 11
                   RE: Necklace? VolcanicGlass 03-20-05 15
                       RE: Necklace? KLicK 03-20-05 16
                           RE: Necklace? Debberz13 03-20-05 17
                               RE: Necklace? kathliam 03-20-05 18
                               RE: Necklace? volsfan 03-20-05 19
                                   RE: Necklace? kathliam 03-20-05 20
                                       RE: Necklace? volsfan 03-20-05 21
                               RE: Necklace? sylvester 03-20-05 22
                                   RE: Necklace? biancaxxx 03-20-05 23
                                       RE: Necklace? Flowerpower 03-20-05 24
                                   RE: Necklace? volsfan 03-20-05 25
                                       RE: Necklace? biancaxxx 03-21-05 39
                                       RE: Necklace? Scarlett O Hara 03-21-05 54
                                   RE: Necklace? Risti 03-20-05 26
                                       RE: Necklace? kary1371 03-20-05 30
                                       RE: Necklace? Devious Weasel 03-21-05 41
 There is something screwy going on ... volsfan 03-20-05 27
   RE: There is something screwy going... bobscure 03-20-05 28
   RE: There is something screwy going... FunTimeLost One 03-21-05 51
 I think I've found the Immunity Ido... bobscure 03-20-05 29
   Very good forehead 03-20-05 31
   RE: I think I've found the Immunity... volsfan 03-20-05 32
   RE: I think I've found the Immunity... Debberz13 03-20-05 33
       IC/RC SFGW 03-20-05 34
           RE: IC/RC volsfan 03-20-05 35
           RE: IC/RC forehead 03-20-05 36
               RE: IC/RC SFGW 03-20-05 37
   RE: I think I've found the Immunity... VolcanicGlass 03-21-05 38
   RE: I think I've found the Immunity... Flowerpower 03-21-05 40
       RE: I think I've found the Immunity... sylvester 03-21-05 42
           RE: I think I've found the Immunity... biancaxxx 03-21-05 43
               which challenge is which Debberz13 03-21-05 44
                   RE: which challenge is which volsfan 03-21-05 45
   RE: I think I've found the Immunity... montanagirl 03-22-05 75
 Ok, I am not sure which is which...... emydi 03-21-05 46
   RE: Ok, I am not sure which is whic... FunTimeLost One 03-21-05 47
       RE: Ok, I am not sure which is whic... Debberz13 03-21-05 50
           RE: Ok, I am not sure which is whic... emydi 03-21-05 52
               RE: Ok, I am not sure which is whic... Debberz13 03-21-05 53
                   RE: Ok, I am not sure which is whic... montanagirl 03-21-05 55
                       RE: Ok, I am not sure which is whic... Debberz13 03-21-05 57
                   RE: Ok, I am not sure which is whic... emydi 03-21-05 56
                       RE: Ok, I am not sure which is whic... Debberz13 03-21-05 58
                           RE: Ok, I am not sure which is whic... kary1371 03-21-05 59
                               RE: Ok, I am not sure which is whic... FunTimeLost One 03-22-05 68
                                   RE: Ok, I am not sure which is whic... kary1371 03-22-05 71
           RE: Ok, I am not sure which is whic... TorontoFan1 03-22-05 70
   Just Stirrin' the Pot Surviette 03-21-05 48
       RE: Just Stirrin' the Pot FunTimeLost One 03-21-05 49
           RE: Just Stirrin' the Pot SFGW 03-22-05 60
               RE: Just Stirrin' the Pot kary1371 03-22-05 61
 Build it up, break it down biancaxxx 03-22-05 62
   RE: Build it up, break it down Flowerpower 03-22-05 63
       RE: Build it up, break it down biancaxxx 03-22-05 64
           RE: Build it up, break it down Debberz13 03-22-05 66
               RE: Build it up, break it down biancaxxx 03-22-05 69
                   RE: Build it up, break it down Debberz13 03-22-05 72
                       RE: Build it up, break it down Brownroach 03-22-05 73
                           RE: Build it up, break it down forehead 03-22-05 74
       RE: Build it up, break it down bobscure 03-22-05 67
   RE: Build it up, break it down Devious Weasel 03-22-05 65

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-17-05, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Which reward is which?"
FWIW, if you go to CBS and watch the promo, the voiceover clearly associates the challenge that involves swimming into the water with Immunity.

Do we know - do they get to find out what the challenge is before they decide who sits out? Considering that the one challenge involves shooting, and if there is some element to it where if you hit the right targets you get to switch tribes, then if Tom is the best marksman, you might want him on that challenge.

Especially if you felt that it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if you had to vote another person out...

biancaxxx 282 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-20-05, 03:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail biancaxxx Click to send private message to biancaxxx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Which reward is which?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-20-05 AT 03:49 AM (EST)

I agree with you. I think that they'd choose Tom to be in the RC because he might be the best at shooting. Jeff tells them about the challenge, then asks who they want to have sit out..

When I had first asked around about the storyboard circa ep 3, I was specifically told by my source at the time, to only swap Shoot and Switch, with By Any Means, so I'm going to stick with that and say that Shoot and Switch will be the RC.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-05, 07:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Which reward is which?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-20-05 AT 07:23 AM (EST)

Somehow I think that EPMB is trying to salvage Ulong, I would not be surprised if the challenge with Ian, Katie, Jenn, and Janu competing is the IC....another attempt to hand Ulong an immunity win. Just my 2 cents...

Or, perhaps Jiffy tells them about the shooting challenge being reward, and asks for volunteers. Tom says that he is a champion marksman and volunteers, but then Gregg quickly volunteers, secretly thinking that he may want to have Koror go to TC again to keep his plan of booting Caryn only to set his plan of he and Jen swinging to side with Coby/Janu to take Tom out ASAP. He quickly volunteers, knowing this will leave a weaker Koror to participate in the IC. Coby then volunteers to do the RC, as he follows Greg's line of thinking.....

I know I'm stretching here...

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-05, 08:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Which reward is which?"
I am not sure I follow you here FP, are you saying that EPMB is deciding the peeps that sit out a challenge? He is telling the tribes who to sit out?

03-20-05, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Which reward is which?"
No, I am just suggesting that if there is a way to slant the challenges so Ulong may have an increased liklihood of winning that EPMB could have employed it somehow.....

No, not suggesting that he told them anything about who they had to sit out...

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-05, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "I agree shoot and switch is RC but who wins this?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-20-05 AT 12:41 PM (EST)

I think the preview is clear and Shooting is RC..maybe Gregg and Coby do agree to participate like FP surmises, or maybe it is a male/female thing..

But who wins the shoot and switch...do Firemen have any special training??? Wouldn't country boys be pretty good shots (sans Ibe) and Steph is good at most things, so I think Ulong may win this and go and eat Pringles...James will be happy, his favorite snacke is Sour Cream Pringles!!

03-20-05, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Well, maybe not..."
Watching bball and saw the commercial...it really isn't clear which is which...the voice over talks about a do or die IC for Ulong as they run into the water but then it immediately cuts to the shooting challenge... Maybe they did switch the challenges and the water challenge is RC and Koror puts Ian on the team for the strength of his swimming and the rest of the women...with Caryn sitting out as the weakest swimmer. They figure the IC won't be a swimming challenge.

But it doesn't answer my question of who wins RC..I'm leaning towards Ulong either way..

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-20-05, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Necklace?"
Would Ibe be wearing his immunity necklace to the IC?

I don't see it in this shot, but don't remember if Ami ever "returned" hers in S9. Thoughts?

kathliam 3669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-20-05, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Necklace?"
I don't remember Jiffy giving Ibremen an immunity necklace at Tribal Council. Individual immunity hasn't yet begun and they haven't yet revealed what the II idol will look like. We've only seen the little monkey.

I think who you are seeing is Bobby Jon. He has a leather necklace he wears. You can see it in the web promo vidcaps.

Surviette 124 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-20-05, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Surviette Click to send private message to Surviette Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Necklace?"
Ibe received an immunity necklace, possibly same as the necklaces scooped by Ian and Jo in EP1.

03-20-05, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Necklace?"
I'm fairly certain the person in the vidcap they are referencing, holding the Ulong flag wearing the tunic-type shirt, is Bobby Jon. I don't recall Iberehem ever wearing a tunic. James does, but James is walking in front of Bobby Jon.

I know Ibrehem was given immunity at Tribal Council, I do not specifically remember Jiffy handing him an immunity necklace.

The Weasel is writing the summary for last week's episode, perhaps he can confirm whether Ibe has the IN.

03-20-05, 12:09 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Necklace?"
Here you go....the necklace!

03-20-05, 12:20 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Necklace?"
Thanks! Sorry 'bout that. I didn't recall seeing it.

Debberz13 132 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-05, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Debberz13 Click to send private message to Debberz13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Necklace?"
The shot in message # 6 is Ib with the tribe flag, in his shirt, you can see the right sleeve. Ib did receive one of the necklaces that Ian and Jo got in ep 1. He was given it by Jeff after winning the Koror immunity vote. More than likely it was taken back by Jeff at the end of tribal since immunity was only for that one vote.

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-20-05, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Necklace?"

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-20-05, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Necklace?"
The new question becomes...is this Ibe or BJ?

03-20-05, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Debberz13 Click to send private message to Debberz13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Necklace?"
Pretty sure its Ibe if you look on the far left in this cap you see BJ behind the palm branch. You can make out his tunic and brown shorts.

03-20-05, 05:26 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Necklace?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-20-05 AT 05:31 PM (EST)

That's a much clearer picture than we had before. You can clearly see Iberehem behind James, and can see BJ's tunic. Looks like BJ and Ibe are walking side-by-side.

Edited to add; compared to this photo, pulled from Ep.6 Web Promo vidcaps

03-20-05, 05:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Necklace?"
May I ask a really dumb question (I know, my friends tell me I can ask a dumb question like no one else)? Why the big question of who that is? I am missing the connection.

03-20-05, 05:36 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Necklace?"
No worries, vols. It started in post #6 with a question whether Ibe was wearing his immunity necklace and devolved into whether it was Ibe or BJ walking behind James.

03-20-05, 05:59 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Necklace?"
I think we can also say that this person is not wearing the II. Right? I sure as heck can't see it.

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-20-05, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Necklace?"
As Vols pointed out, I'm not sure how important this discussion is to the episode, but I'll point out a few things I noticed anyway, lol.

I do not see evidence of the II on Ibe. Here is another shot:

What I keep looking at is whatever is in Steph's hand, if anything. I circled the area I'm talking about. Is it just a blurry continuation of her hand? Or is she bringing something to a challenge? See what you think.

Also, for what it's worth, I can't see the beige blur as being BJ, because I can't see any legs, and to me it just looks like a canvas of some type:

But as already pointed out, not sure it matters anyway.

Please call me Cat!!

03-20-05, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail biancaxxx Click to send private message to biancaxxx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Necklace?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-20-05 AT 06:34 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-20-05 AT 06:31 PM (EST)

To me it looks like she is holding a bag of some sort, perhaps with ammo inside for the shoot and switch challenge?

ETA: oops, half of that is the flame

03-20-05, 07:08 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Necklace?"
Yes, Bianca, I think that you are right! It looks as though it is a sack of something, perhaps received in tree mail, and then instructed to bring to the challenge.

03-20-05, 07:36 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Necklace?"
Cat, I will play along for a little while:

Here is a different vid cap I think...can you get a better look at what is in her hand?

03-21-05, 05:51 AM (EST)
39. "RE: Necklace?"
Nothing?

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-21-05, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Necklace?"
This has absolutely nothing to do with this thread ... but I couldn't help but notice from this pick how skinny James and Stephanie both look. They really look emaciated to me! Pringles would do them both some good right about now ...

Risti 190 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-05, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Risti Click to send private message to Risti Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Necklace?"
I mentioned this in the screencap thread, but since this shot is being discussed here, I thought I'd point out that if you match clothing, you see that they are headed to the Shoot and Switch, rather than the Build it Up/Break it Down challenge during this shot. Stephanie also does a wardrobe change between challenges, but I'll leave it with just Bobby-Jon since his are more obvious

Bobby-Jon in Jesus outfit

vs

Bobby-Jon in shorts(editing puts these two scenes right next to each other)

But then we're back to Bobby-Jon in the Jesus outfit.

Now, before I convinced myself that this walk was them on the way to the immunity challenge, but this necklace talk has me confused again. I am sure though that the walk corresponds with the Shoot and Switch task.

kary1371 631 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-05, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kary1371 Click to send private message to kary1371 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Necklace?"
That is what I thought too and if Ibe is wearing the necklace, it means it's immunity! No??

I find that Ibe's head is a little blurry, isn't an example where they try not to show us what they don't want us to see??

03-21-05, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Necklace?"
Except he probably wouldn't wear his tunic into the water for a swimming challenge.

03-20-05, 07:57 PM (EST)
27. "There is something screwy going on here"
I was doing some vid cap analysis trying to determine if the II could be seen at one of the challenges. Here is the one vid cap that shows the beach during the build it up challenge:

The II idol isn't in the pic but could be just off to the right of the cap.

The next cap is of Ian running into the water and in the back left hand side of the cap you can see Tom sitting...the II isn't in the shot.

The screwy thing? We have Jiffy saying go twice at the same challenge:

He is saying go with his right hand and then his left. We also see Coby sitting behind Jiffy in both so it is at the same challenge. Could this challenge be run in heats?

Also, I find all the pics of the shoot and switch challenge to be very tight almost as if they are hiding something. There aren't any caps of wide views like the pics of the build it up challenge.

bobscure 217 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-05, 08:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bobscure Click to send private message to bobscure Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: There is something screwy going on here"
LAST EDITED ON 03-20-05 AT 09:03 PM (EST)

Vols, I was lurking over at Mess for the first time and I think they've figured out the problems you mentioned with the Build it up challenge. I don't remember who figured out what, but the synopsis is you can see Janu and Ib? with their shoes on and with the crates and you can see 4 peeps running into the water. The two starts are for the 2 teams.

The first start is for Jenn & Ian, Steph & BJ to race into the water and bring back something(s) wrapped in a good deal of rope. The second start is for the builders - Katie, Janu, Ib, and James who stay on the beach. They've surmised that as soon as a team of 4 completes their project they swap, and disassemble the otehr tribe's structure.

If the tribe that finished first did so well ahead of the otehr tribe, they'd have relatively little to break down.

I'm also tring to match up some Ian pics. In the Janu typhoon shots he's shown with some narsty facial wound. I'm working on enlarging the Build it up pics, but most appear to be too small. I can see him getting that wound whilst swimming with jellyfish I suppose, but it seems more likely to have happened during this challenge. They look rather like rope burns? With my spoiling record it most likely neither is true...

http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/graphics/gallery/S10E06showpromo/S10E06promo042

ETA: I can't tell for sure. I've enlarged, lightened, whatever. I think I see that chin booboo on the race pics but can't be positive. If nothing else, he does seem a good bit skinnier....

FunTimeLost One 85 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-21-05, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FunTimeLost%20One Click to send private message to FunTimeLost%20One Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: There is something screwy going on here"
Could Jeff be saying they are at a certain stage or have collected a number of items for the challenge? Two pieces of the challenge for whatever team?

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

And please, call me Funt

03-20-05, 09:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bobscure Click to send private message to bobscure Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "I think I've found the Immunity Idol"
Somebody at Mess pointed out a suspicious looking possible object here:

I went through the pics at Phoenix and found a pic that showed this area the best. It's pretty far away so I can't be sure:

The 2 dark vertical lines look like they line up with the arms:

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-20-05, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "Very good"
Thanks for bringing the II over! (Since we know Willard is not around for this ep...)

03-20-05, 09:57 PM (EST)
32. "RE: I think I've found the Immunity Idol"
LAST EDITED ON 03-20-05 AT 09:58 PM (EST)

You may be right! ETA: Great job Bob!

I wonder why we have such tight shots of the shoot and switch challenge?

03-20-05, 10:16 PM (EST)
33. "RE: I think I've found the Immunity Idol"
Bob that is the area of the bench for the sit outs for Koror. Taking in the fact this people in this cap are smaller by the distance from the camera we can tell this was shot with a wide angle len. So it is possible that what you are seeing is a Koror sit out... sitting on the bench, feet on the bench, arms wrapped around their knees. That is really what the 2nd of your caps looks like to me.

SFGW 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-20-05, 10:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SFGW Click to send private message to SFGW Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "IC/RC"
Just to throw a ringer into everything, sometimes I think people over analyze things. The simplest reason is sometimes the best.

1) We know that you can not sit out back to back challenges.
2) We only had 1 challenge last show.
3) RC is always 1st.
4) Katie and Janu sat out on the last challenge ( episode #5 ), which means they can not sit out the next challenge, whatever it is. They have to compete.

5) We see Katie and Janu competing in the Water Challenge. So to me, this has to be the RC. It's always the 1st Challenge. As far as Ian and Jen, they are both good swimmers, so maybe they tried to even out the odds with having to compete with Janu and Katie. Gives them the best chance to win.

Could it be that simple?

I'll let you guys decide.

Am I missing something?

03-20-05, 10:56 PM (EST)
35. "RE: IC/RC"
I like your logic here!

Also, I don't think Tom would sit out an IC unless he HAD to.

03-20-05, 10:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: IC/RC"
"4) Katie and Janu sat out on the last challenge ( episode #5 ), which means they can not sit out the next challenge, whatever it is. They have to compete."

No, the sit-out rule (up until now) has been confined to a single episode, i.e., after a TC, it starts from scratch. Once Koror is up 8 to 3, they'll have to make adjustments to this rule (or send BJ to Koror, or whatever).

Close but no car...

03-20-05, 11:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SFGW Click to send private message to SFGW Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: IC/RC"
We'll it was a thought, besides I just looked at the CBS site and Caryn sat out with Janu and Kate, we can tell by the Vidcaps that Jennifer is competing with Ian. If the sitout rule was continually in effect then Caryn would have to be competing instead of Jennifer.

I kind of just blew my own theory out the window.

Don't you just hate that when you do it.

BACK TO BACK SITOUT RULE APPLIES PER EPISODES. Kind of looks that way.

So we're back to the Drawing board on this one.

And to the person that show's an object behind BJ arm. That does look like the Immunity Idol. The Black lines sure do look like eyes to me.

I don't think I'm going to be much help to you guys. Contradicting my own theory's in my own post.

HA HA, I'll get some good thoughts in eventually.

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-21-05, 01:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: I think I've found the Immunity Idol"
I think you've got it!
Between you and BJ, good eyes.
Congrats!

03-21-05, 06:55 AM (EST)
40. "RE: I think I've found the Immunity Idol"
Bob, you and your vidcap doctoring are awesome! Once again you have solved the problem!

Thanks,

Fp

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-05, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: I think I've found the Immunity Idol"
VG, I have to agree with Deb and say that to me the 'blob' looks like a Koror sit-out, not the idol. It's too large to be the idol, since it's at a farther distance, compared to the size of BJ's arm in that shot. Since it's farther away, that would mean the idol is larger than BJ's arm, and it's not.

To my eyes, that is a Koror sit-out.

Please call me Cat!!

03-21-05, 11:30 AM (EST)
43. "RE: I think I've found the Immunity Idol"
Eek! I think I am starting to agree...it sort of looks like Caryn.

03-21-05, 11:55 AM (EST)
44. "which challenge is which"
Everyone has their reasons for which challenge is the RC and which is IC. I thought I would share mine so you could pick them apart

I think the RC is the water challenge and the IC is the shooting challenge here's why...

#1. Koror has a history of sitting out their weaker players for the IC.

#2. Jiffy has been more concerned with the tribes having an equal number of men and women competing in the ICs.

#3. In the previous ICs the idol has been right beside Jiffy.

#4. In the shooting challenge for some reason they are only showing one side of the gun and have even gone so far as to flip caps (Gregg shooting, Tom's emblem on shirt on wrong side) to make us think they are showing us both sides.

#5. In the caps of Steph during the shooting challenge her ponytail is very fluffy. One of Snewers questions this week gives us the possiblity that shampoo could be part of the reward.

With all respect to Bianca, MB is hiding something in the background of the shoot and switch challenge. Now I could be completely wrong and what he is hiding is the reward. LOL

03-21-05, 12:06 PM (EST)
45. "RE: which challenge is which"
Debb, I totally agree with you in that for some reason MB is hiding something from us in the shoot and switch challenge. I said this, if not in this thread, in another. It is bothering me that all the vid caps from the shoot challenge are so tight with nothing in the background.

montanagirl 69 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-05, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail montanagirl Click to send private message to montanagirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
75. "RE: I think I've found the Immunity Idol"
bobs -

I think what you are really seeing is:

Not the II, but Caryn sitting this one out.
Seeing as the II is pretty small - small enough to fit in your hand, then it would actually have to BE in BJs hand to appear that big in the vid cap.

what do you think?

-montanagirl

03-21-05, 12:55 PM (EST)
46. "Ok, I am not sure which is which...BUT"
I think I'm leaning towards a switch and the Shooting is IC but my question is more basic:

Who Wins the RC... I don't know why, but i have a feeling that Ulong wins it, they could win or lose either challenge, but we know they don't win both. So they could win the RC and lose IC...

IF RC is Shoot and switch--I see overall that the Bama boys (hunting experience?) and Steph would do better than the team of Tom who may have some experience being a FF, Gregg WHO KNOWS???, Caryn..yeah, right and Coby...I see a replay of Brandon's arrow fiasco LOL!!!

If the build it challenge is RC, BJ and Steph are better swimmers overall than Ian, he can't do everything, and Jenn...they have a chance...or they could blow it like they usually do...

03-21-05, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FunTimeLost%20One Click to send private message to FunTimeLost%20One Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Ok, I am not sure which is which...BUT"
My personal beliefe is S&S is reward, and Build it Up IC. The challenges always seem to have a way of favoring one tribe. IE last season the first few challenges were balance challenges giving the women a stronger advantage. I think this season the producers have struggled to find something Ulong is good at. I mean James is in construction, he should have built a better outhouse.

Shoot and Switch seems like it is once again Ulong centerd, James and BJ, I assume, probably both have hunting experience. Production might be thinking "Give Ulong a win, let them build some confidence, see how they perform in the IC."

In the end something stupid is going to happen like, Koror wins a round of Shoot and Switch and takes Stephanie from Ulong, then Ulong wins a round, and instead of pulling one of the sturdier members of Koror, they choose to bring Steph back. Then it ends with either team being the overall winner, winning reward. My money is on Koror. That may also explain why Steph's pigtail seems so bushy, she may be near pulling her hair out after seeing her path off of a losing tribe to sit with the big dogs and then has her slight glimer of hope smashed bcuz BJ and James want to keep the team together.

So, to sum up, RC is Shoot and Switch, IC is Build it Up, no teams trade players, Koror wins 2 more challenges.

And please, call me Funt

03-21-05, 02:15 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Ok, I am not sure which is which...BUT"
>>Shoot and Switch seems like it
>is once again Ulong centerd,
>James and BJ, I assume,
>probably both have hunting experience.

Just thought I would share info.

BJ list hunting as one of his hobbies in his bio.
James's bio states he was in the Navy. Basic training includes training with guns.

Add this to another reason why I think Shoot and Switch is the IC. MB is trying to give Ulong a IC win so he switched the challenges to one he thought they would have the advantage in.

03-21-05, 02:44 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Ok, I am not sure which is which...BUT"
Debb, that's what I was thinking about the Shooting challenge possibly being the IC, so if that is the case, my question remains, do you think Ulong wins the RC if RC is the building water challenge?

But I'm still not sure which is which...

03-21-05, 03:06 PM (EST)
53. "RE: Ok, I am not sure which is which...BUT"
Emydi,

I do think there is a good chance that Ulong wins reward. First because of the match up giving them the advantage. Second because Snewers hints there could be shampoo as part of the reward and in my opinion Steph's hair looks pretty clean, fluffy, and curly in the shoot challenge.

Of course all of this is just my opinions and we all know I have been wrong before.

montanagirl 69 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-05, 07:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail montanagirl Click to send private message to montanagirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: Ok, I am not sure which is which...BUT"
>I do think there is a
>good chance that Ulong wins
>reward. First because of the
>match up giving them the
>advantage. Second because Snewers hints
>there could be shampoo as
>part of the reward and
>in my opinion Steph's hair
>looks pretty clean, fluffy, and
>curly in the shoot challenge.

Add to this the fact that at the shooting challange we are not shown any face shots of the Ulong guys...could it be that is because they got to shave as part of the reward?

-montanagirl

03-21-05, 08:00 PM (EST)
57. "RE: Ok, I am not sure which is which...BUT"
Montanagirl

That could make sense.I started out with this post to prove your theory wasn't possible but now I realize it is. In this cap we see Ulong dress how they are for the shoot challenge. Steph's hair is no longer in the braid and looks fluffy, and the only male face we can see is James's. James has already stated that he isn't brushing his teeth so it wouldn't be unreasonable for him to not shave. Plus if he is anything like my hubby, his beard is past the "drive you crazy" itchy point. Who would want to start over?

03-21-05, 07:58 PM (EST)
56. "RE: Ok, I am not sure which is which...BUT"
debb~~I always am wrong when I try to spoil per how fluffy hair is...I've been wrong soooo many times on that in the past...but thanks for the backup--I'm thinking am I crazy for believing that Ulong has a chance to win Pringles LOL

03-21-05, 08:03 PM (EST)
58. "RE: Ok, I am not sure which is which...BUT"
We'll get matching straight jackets Emydi ;)

03-21-05, 11:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kary1371 Click to send private message to kary1371 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Ok, I am not sure which is which...BUT"
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-05 AT 11:20 PM (EST)

I have been tempering with the images we have.

Here's a shot of BJ at it would seem just before IC (if Shooting is IC because of how he is dressed)
Look at his beard and look at the images of him at the water (RC?) challenge. It seems to me there is a lot less hair.

(sorry for some reason I can't upload the picture!)

Also on the shot of Ulong going to shooting challenge when playing with the picture James and Steph mouths look like they have been blurred on purpose. Also maybe the torso of Ibe (hiding the Imunity necklace??)

Let me know what you guys think. I know you can't see what I see, but maybe some of you can also play with the pictures...

03-22-05, 11:44 AM (EST)
68. "RE: Ok, I am not sure which is which...BUT"
I know MB loves to play with editing to make us think one thing, like the challenges may be reversed, BIUBID for RC and S&S for IC, but I just can't believe he would give Ulong the upper hand so easily. That is why I think S&S is the RC, to possibly give Ulong a win before they even get to the IC, build up a little confidence, and hopefully turn the tide. Something I assume they tried to do with the outhouse challenge.

I still think no matter what advantages they give Ulong they will blow it and James or BJ is going home.

I'm also pretty sure this will be the last season we get to see the castaways pick their own members, from now on MB and his production staff will create more even teams to create better drama.

And please, call me Funt

03-22-05, 03:45 PM (EST)
71. "RE: Ok, I am not sure which is which...BUT"
I just think that the water challenge is RC and Ulong wins.

As per snewser questions in Jump the Shark, I think the P&G will also include personal hygene products, as well as chips AND beer (when have they ever given chips without beverages?!?!!)

That would explain Steph's nice hair at the S&S challenge... which Ulong will loose...

TorontoFan1 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-22-05, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TorontoFan1 Click to send private message to TorontoFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
70. "RE: Ok, I am not sure which is which...BUT"
>
>Just thought I would share info.
>
>BJ lists hunting as one of his hobbies in his bio.
>
>James's bio states he was in the Navy. Basic training includes
>training with guns.

Think Koror will have a momentary pang when they announce the shooting challenge ....."damn, finally a challenge that Willard might have helped us with - maybe we should have kept him around for another few days"....or did he lie/omit to tell them about his Marine Corp background too, in spinning his fake life story?

Or (and my apologies in advance to any postal workers) if they had bought in on his alias as a postal worker - would they assume that posties have a pre-disposition to automatic weaponry?

Surviette 124 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-05, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Surviette Click to send private message to Surviette Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "Just Stirrin' the Pot"
Sorry, both because I'm a rookie and because I have to Post and run!

Is there any possible way Koror could be split-in-two as a result of RC? Then, there would be 3 tribes and all would participate in IC.

03-21-05, 02:10 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Just Stirrin' the Pot"
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-05 AT 02:13 PM (EST)

No, I do not think so, we see team members of Koror sitting out in both challenges.

Plus there would 3 buff colors, a third beach, which is really late in the game to set up now, and probably some other good reasons why a 3 tribe system wouldn't work now.

And please, call me Funt

Edited for content

03-22-05, 00:04 AM (EST)
60. "RE: Just Stirrin' the Pot"
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-05 AT 00:43 AM (EST)

I just watched the Video Promo at Mess Hall, the announcer is making it sound like the Immunity Challenge is the water challenge. Stephanie's hair is wet, and she is shaking her head ( no ) like in dis-belief. With the water in the background. Looks like the challenge is already over, and Jeff could be saying, ( Ulong, you idiots, I'll see you at Tribal Council again tonight. )

Another shot, show's James hanging his head down, but unsure what challenge he is at in the picture and BJ, is distraught and putting his head down at the shoot and switch challenge. Doesn't look good for Ulong on any of these challenges, with their expressions and body language.

My bet is on Shoot and Switch being the RC with Kugor winning based on BJ's body language and the IC - BIU and BID with Kugor winning again, based on Stephanie's body and facial language. And of course the obvious spoiler we all have access to. Also, the competitors location at the time of the announcers description places the IC at the beach competition.

The Shoot and Switch Challenge could also simply be, 1 person shoots for 1 tribe, then switches with a person from the other tribe, and so forth. The tribes each shoot until their own target are cut in half, 1st team to get all 8 targets cut in half, wins. On the Video Promo, it show's a target already being hit, and Tom shoots it again and tears it in half.

Can't get much simpler than that. And no, the shoot and switch synopsis is not mine, I just looked at every site and every theory, and this was one of them I saw that makes the most sense, now that I watched the VIDEO PROMO.

Sounds good enough to be resonable explanation of things to come this week. If I'm right, cool, if not, there's always next week.

03-22-05, 07:17 AM (EST)
61. "RE: Just Stirrin' the Pot"
What you have to remember is that EPMB is good at making us believe what he wants, so I would say that Ulong may just win RC, then again statistics would say they would loose!

03-22-05, 09:24 AM (EST)
62. "Build it up, break it down"
From what I know about this challenge, each team is sent rope, and a box with the other tribes flag in it. They have to tie up the box so that the other tribe can't get into it.

When they get to the challenge, floating out in the ocean, around 50 feet away, are some boards. The teams have to swim out, get the boards, come back and try to build a trap around the other tribes box, using the boards and rope. They have around 20 minutes or so (will be edited shorter, of course). When the time is up, they switch and see who can undo the other tribes trap first. First to get it all down and open the box, and hang their tribes flag, wins.

03-22-05, 09:28 AM (EST)
63. "RE: Build it up, break it down"
EXCELLENT spoiling of the build it up challenge Bianca! You and your source are AMAZING!

Always appreciative,

fp

03-22-05, 09:32 AM (EST)
64. "RE: Build it up, break it down"
Thanks FP!
I would've previously imagined that a puzzle would've somehow be involved, as others have speculated, however I haven't heard anything about a puzzle yet from my source (except for untying knots lol). So we'll see how it goes.

03-22-05, 11:41 AM (EST)
66. "RE: Build it up, break it down"
Great job Bianca!!! Just one question...where do the tables, seen in the background come into play in this? They are why I thought there was a puzzle involved. Do they build their "trap" on top of the tables?

03-22-05, 01:33 PM (EST)
69. "RE: Build it up, break it down"
Sorry i'm not sure about the tables in the background...
I think the trap they build is the structure that is on the beach already.

03-22-05, 04:01 PM (EST)
72. "RE: Build it up, break it down"
Any bets this will be the most watched episode so far this season? Too many things we just can't figure out 100%.

What are those tables for?
Why did the Koror tribe picked who they did for the challenges? Does Ulong win reward?
Which challenge is RC and which is IC?
Will James really be voted out when he is not in the CBS Eye pics for this week?
Most important of all where is that darn monkey hiding?!?!Did Willard take his look alike with him or what?

The clock is ticking ever so slowly this week.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-05, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
73. "RE: Build it up, break it down"
Will Jenn form any syllables this week, or just giggle? Will we even see her?

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

03-22-05, 05:02 PM (EST)
74. "RE: Build it up, break it down"
"Will Jenn form any syllables this week, or just giggle? Will we even see her?"

Why yes, Sera-mail features Jenn on her new wooden couch...

Sorry...

03-22-05, 11:42 AM (EST)
67. "RE: Build it up, break it down"
Thanks Bianca! If Steph and Jenn are staying in the ocean while Ian and BJ swim back and forth with pieces, I believe that would favor Koror. I would also imagine Janu and Katie to be better at building puzzles or anything that involves being clever.

http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/graphics/gallery/S10E06short10C/S10E06shortE33

http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/graphics/gallery/S10E06short10/S10E06shortA33

Okay, now for more on the II and a bunch of other optioons that have been discussed if you can stand it.

I've been loking for a side view of the II and this is the first I ran across:

http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/graphics/gallery/S10E01/S10E01immunityidol

It's deeply carved but very flat and if it's where I think it is, it's almost entirely obscured by BJ's arm. I should use the camera angle link on Corvis' site. Whatever is behind BJ's arm is on a table I think to at least the left of Ian. It's much further over than it initially appears:

Also, BJ at Mess had another suspected sighting but I'm pretty sure it's just the tree seen on the right. I'm looking at the object that looks like wood on a table on the left:

It's been said somewhere that looks like Caryn, but when you look at the distant views of people they look relatively white with small dark eyes, and that doesn't describe the object on the left. Here's Caryn not too far away, but you get the idea:

Here's the isolated maybe II:

Here's a close-up of Steph's supposedly clean fluffy hair. She has naturally curly hair and IMHO, doesn't look clean to me:

Other than a tray with Pringles for the RC and the II for the IC, there's not much I can think of to look for. What BJ's arm is obscuring doesn't look like Pringles so I still think it's the II, but I'm usually wrong....

03-22-05, 09:52 AM (EST)
65. "RE: Build it up, break it down"
I can see Ulong spending too much time trying to figure out how to do it right and losing because Koror just went to work on it. And if they defer to James because of his construction experience, and he blows it again, then I can see him getting the boot for that reason.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •