The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Percentage of Votes for Each Contestant"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Mizz Eve 368 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-20-04, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mizz%20Eve Click to send private message to Mizz%20Eve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Percentage of Votes for Each Contestant"
I'm sure the answer is obvious to everyone but me......

How do we know what percentage of the votes each contestant received. I know that Leah received the least, but who came in first, second, third, etc?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Percentage of Votes for Each Co... qwertypie 03-20-04 1
 RE: Percentage of Votes for Each Co... zeffy 03-20-04 2
 RE: Percentage of Votes for Each Co... Risti 03-20-04 3
 RE: Percentage of Votes for Each Co... Jethro 03-22-04 4
   RE: Percentage of Votes for Each Co... Mizz Eve 03-22-04 5
       RE: Percentage of Votes for Each Co... gorgoniol 03-22-04 6
   RE: Percentage of Votes for Each Co... qwertypie 03-23-04 7
       RE: Percentage of Votes for Each Co... pmspml5 03-23-04 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-20-04, 06:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Percentage of Votes for Each Contestant"
I would love to know that too. Maybe Fox decided that they would get much more voter participation if people did not know the point spread.

zeffy 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-20-04, 07:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zeffy Click to send private message to zeffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Percentage of Votes for Each Contestant"
That would be nice and actually quite interesting but it also makes sense not to show it. People could easily gain up together and vote like hell for another contestant or such..

I remember readingabout the first Pop Idol how they did that..at least near the end.

Risti 190 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-20-04, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Risti Click to send private message to Risti Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Percentage of Votes for Each Contestant"
I remember later on in the season they began letting us know who had gotten the top number of votes(usually Clay) and how much those were, as they were starting to break records. Also began letting us know how close some of the bottom two were to each other, I think...

Jethro 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-22-04, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jethro Click to send private message to Jethro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Percentage of Votes for Each Contestant"
The cynic in me believes they withhold that info because it would then be easy to lie and present whatever results they think would get the best ratings.

To my knowledge they have rarely (if ever) said exactly how many votes anyone has received, so that is fuel for many conspiracy theories.

For example, this season really could have been 12 females in the top 12 - and probably should have been, but you know Fox would never let that happen. So what if the public voted in 12 females? Fudge the numbers and no one would ever know the difference...

Mizz Eve 368 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-22-04, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mizz%20Eve Click to send private message to Mizz%20Eve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Percentage of Votes for Each Contestant"
But they were giving the percentages just a few weeks ago, right?

gorgoniol 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-22-04, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gorgoniol Click to send private message to gorgoniol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Percentage of Votes for Each Contestant"
only for the yop one (or 2 in case of the second set)

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-23-04, 01:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Percentage of Votes for Each Contestant"
Wow Jethro, and I thought I was cynical and suspicious. I guess I will have to keep my eyes on the tabloids for when the scandal breaks. Your theory does explain some of the strange results tho'.

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-23-04, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Percentage of Votes for Each Contestant"
If I remember right they have mentioned the percentages during the finals but never which contestant had the most votes. They have said it is because they dont want the results from one week to influence the next weeks vote.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •