The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ulong and Koror Tribe Members Confirmed"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorShrine 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-16-05, 05:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorShrine Click to send private message to SurvivorShrine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ulong and Koror Tribe Members Confirmed"
http://www.survivorshrine.com/s10/speculation/tribal_division.shtml

Survivor Shrine based on the newest information provided from the image caps by Dreamer along with collated information for a long while now has the tribes split up as:

KOROR:
Coby
Caryn
Gregg
Ian
Janu
Jennifer
Katie
Tom
Willard

ULONG:
Angie
Ashley
Bobby Jon
Ibrehem
James
Jeff
Jolanda
Kim
Stephenie

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ulong and Koror Tribe Members C... tribephyl 02-16-05 1
   RE: Ulong and Koror Tribe Members C... KObrien_fan 02-16-05 4
   RE: Ulong and Koror Tribe Members C... bobscure 02-16-05 23
 RE: Ulong and Koror Tribe Members C... Flowerpower 02-16-05 2
 Gender balance confirmed! Krautboy 02-16-05 3
   RE: Gender balance confirmed! FesterFan1 02-16-05 6
 Question aethelstan 02-16-05 5
   RE: Question FesterFan1 02-16-05 7
       RE: Question pmspml5 02-16-05 8
 Help an out of touch cat IceCat 02-16-05 9
   RE: Help an out of touch cat KObrien_fan 02-16-05 10
       A Follow Up IceCat 02-16-05 11
           From Survivor Phoenix volsfan 02-16-05 12
               Map reading part of it? IceCat 02-16-05 13
                   RE: Map reading part of it? KObrien_fan 02-16-05 16
                       RE: Map reading part of it? RudyRules 02-17-05 62
                   RE: Map reading part of it? Magic Fingers 02-16-05 22
               RE: From Survivor PhoenixQuote cuon10 02-16-05 14
                   It's not totally clear... IceCat 02-16-05 15
                       RE: It's not totally clear... cuon10 02-16-05 17
                           RE: It's not totally clear... volsfan 02-16-05 18
                               Ah... but remember IceCat 02-16-05 19
                                   RE: Ah... but remember volsfan 02-16-05 20
                                       *spoiling mojo returning* IceCat 02-16-05 21
                                           RE: *spoiling mojo returning* Magic Fingers 02-16-05 24
                                               RE: *spoiling mojo returning* volsfan 02-16-05 25
                                               RE: *spoiling mojo returning* KObrien_fan 02-16-05 26
                                                   RE: *spoiling mojo returning* volsfan 02-16-05 27
                                                   The two 'get lost'... IceCat 02-16-05 28
                                                       Like I said volsfan 02-16-05 29
                                                           Original source? IceCat 02-16-05 30
                                                               RE: Original source? volsfan 02-16-05 31
                                                               Found it... IceCat 02-16-05 32
                                                                   RE: Found it... volsfan 02-16-05 33
                                                                   RE: Found it... SurvivorShrine 02-16-05 34
                                                                       Motivation to go above radar IceCat 02-16-05 35
                                                                           RE: Motivation to go above radar volsfan 02-16-05 36
                                                                               Vanuatu - EP3 IceCat 02-16-05 38
                                                                                   Actually... FesterFan1 02-17-05 43
                                                                                       Yup... IceCat 02-17-05 45
                                                                                           RE: Yup... cuon10 02-17-05 50
                                                                                   RE: Vanuatu - EP3 cuon10 02-17-05 58
                                                                           RE: Motivation to go above radar Corvis 02-16-05 37
                                                                               If necklaces are only IceCat 02-17-05 40
                                                                                   RE: If necklaces are only Corvis 02-17-05 41
                                                                                       I already did... IceCat 02-17-05 42
                                                                                           RE: I already did... Wheezy 02-17-05 44
                                                                                               Crab? IceCat 02-17-05 46
                                                                                   RE: If necklaces are only KObrien_fan 02-17-05 47
                                                                                       I dunno 'bout this... IceCat 02-17-05 48
                                                                                           RE: I dunno 'bout this... Brownroach 02-17-05 60
                                                                                   RE: If necklaces are only cuon10 02-17-05 51
                                                                           ITA PhoenixMons 02-16-05 39
                                                                               RE: ITA biancaxxx 02-17-05 49
                                                                                   RE: ITA volsfan 02-17-05 52
                                                                                       RE: ITA biancaxxx 02-17-05 53
                                                                                           RE: ITA volsfan 02-17-05 54
                                                                                               RE: ITA biancaxxx 02-17-05 55
 On the morning show pmspml5 02-17-05 56
   RE: On the morning show volsfan 02-17-05 57
   RE: On the morning show cuon10 02-17-05 59
 Snewser's picks are up smokedog 02-17-05 61
   *sigh* IceCat 02-17-05 63

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-16-05, 06:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ulong and Koror Tribe Members Confirmed"
Those are some great photos, shrine and dreamer. When did this E! special happen?

There's the TribalImmunityIDOL ... under wraps, on JP's right.

Coupla great shots of the newly formed Koror

Looks like your spec. is right on!

Excellent job!

Sn'DCS©MMIV
Also, great site you have there shrine. I go there often.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-05, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ulong and Koror Tribe Members Confirmed"
Jolanda still has the immunity necklace on, Jeff hasn't taken it back yet.

S10 PTB Sign up HERE

bobscure 217 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-16-05, 09:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bobscure Click to send private message to bobscure Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Ulong and Koror Tribe Members Confirmed"
Have two competitions been ruled out? AS I recal the first ep usually has the IC but no RC. Is there a chance they have the competition leading to the pick-em, immediately followed by a RC? I know we have pics with oars, fording a stream, and rowing, but we also have pics that appear to involve balancing and different attire.

I'm allowing for the slim possibility that in the above pic where we see each tribe with a full complement of 9, that there's a reward under that blanket next to Jiffy. It could be basics such as a machete and a bucket.

That would leave room for 2 peeps, possibly from stronger Ulong, getting lost and not making it to the IC, leading to what seems like an unlikely Koror victory.

Bob

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-05, 07:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ulong and Koror Tribe Members Confirmed"
Just wanted to say that these pics sure clear up alot of question marks! Great find and thanks for posting them, SS! I really thought that Gregg, Caryn, Coby, and Tom would wind up on the same team thanks to the emotional vidcaps that I presumed occured post elimination. And they definately answer the question of who the eliminatees are: Wanda and Jonathan!

Great find, and in the nick of time!

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-16-05, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Gender balance confirmed!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-16-05 AT 09:27 AM (EST)

The confirmed tribes have a gender balanced configuration. This supports our speculation of alternating gender picking sequence.

Sure, it's possible that it's a coincidence, but then why would MB bother controlling the gender of the two "captains" in the first place. MB likes control, and he apparently wanted gender balance on the two newly selected tribes.

Krautboy

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-05, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Gender balance confirmed!"
It's probably a minor (and moot) point, but I think it's probably more to do with MB wanting his elimination to be gender-balanced. We've seen with Amazon, Vanuatu, and the random redistributions in S4 and S8 that he's not terribly concerned about competitive imbalance as regards gender.

He probably doesn't want to start the game with 10 men and 8 women or vice versa.

Fester

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-16-05, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Question"
With this split and the rumours floating around, how do we wind up with 6 Ulong and 1 Koror at any point in time?

If Jolanda is gone in Ep.1 and Ashlee said to be not long for the show. And James and Jeff not expected to stay too long...

We have Bobby, Ibee, Kim, Stephanie and Angie from Ulong and Coby, Gregg and Ian or Katie as people who might be around for a while...

©Kittyloaf Creations, 2004
Winter warning in effect.

02-16-05, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Question"
LAST EDITED ON 02-16-05 AT 09:56 AM (EST)

First, Dan Bollinger said the 6-1 information was more rumor than spoiler.

Second, we don't know the Ulong and Koror definitions the source of the information was using. By which I mean there's still the possibility of a tribal redistribution before the merge. If that happens, was the source using referring to original Ulong an Koror, or "new" Ulong and Koror?

I don't think we should concern ourselves with this info until much later in the season. It's a backburner item for now.

Fester

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-16-05, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Question"
I totally agree with that. Having the tribes pretty much figured out and then everyone changing because of some "inside information". We should have learned by now that pics are the best way to get info and not to let others change our minds.

We had a clear shot of Ibrehem with Kim, Angie, and JB and few would admit he was on Ulong because of CMC's comments.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-05, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Help an out of touch cat"
LAST EDITED ON 02-16-05 AT 06:02 PM (EST)

Has the chronological order of the following events been firmly established?

1) Two tribe members eliminated prior to tribal council

2) Division of the contestants into tribes

I guess my question is: given the current evidence, is it possible that the two contestants are eliminated prior to the forming of the tribes?

02-16-05, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Help an out of touch cat"
Yes, the pick em and elimination of two people is during the tribe selection process and before the first challenge.

S10 PTB Sign up HERE

02-16-05, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "A Follow Up"
Is it possible that the two early eliminations occur prior to the pickem ie: the eliminations do not result from a challenge per se.

I've been toying with the idea that the whole bunch of them are dumped on an island and are told to to make their way to some point on the island. They are also told that the last two to arrive will be eliminated (ala The Amazing Race).

They all eventually arrive at the designated rendezvous point, the two latecomers (who got lost) are told to leave, and the remaining contestants choose up teams from the remaining people maybe with the first man and the first woman to arrive acting as team captains.

My question is... has any evidence seen thus far absolutely rule out the above scenario?

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-05, 07:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "From Survivor Phoenix"
Survivor Phoenix Reports that:
"We will see a competition, though NOT a challenge. The competition should yield two winners who will begin a pick'em style chain selection for members of each squad... oops, make that 'each tribe'. The last two players remaining will be cut at this point ... oops, make that 'eliminated'.

I was thinking Jiffy P. said that the last two not picked would be eliminated but I can't find that exact quote right now.

02-16-05, 07:32 PM (EST)
13. "Map reading part of it?"
These guys look like they're stopping to get their bearings and referring to a map (maybe to confirm they are the destination?). Another competitor is coming up the hill behind them. No buffs suggests this map reading/orienteering activity occurs prior to the pick-em.

02-16-05, 08:07 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Map reading part of it?"
I don't think that is a map that Jeff is looking at:

S10 PTB Sign up HERE

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-05, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "RE: Map reading part of it?"
OMH!
Jeff has crabs!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist! )

Magic Fingers 377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-16-05, 08:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magic%20Fingers Click to send private message to Magic%20Fingers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Map reading part of it?"
That looks like a little GI Joe doll at first glance!!

cuon10 473 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-16-05, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cuon10 Click to send private message to cuon10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: From Survivor PhoenixQuote"
Here is the quote or one of the quotes on that courtesy of Survivor Fever:

Question: What about this report that there are people who don't make it to the first challenge and they are eliminated?

JP: That is true. There are two people will not make it to the 1st challenge. It's a brutal, brutal beginning to this season. The most brutal of social encounters. Same feeling as when you're not picked on a school yard or basketball game. Or when you're the first guy laid off... this is at it's core, Survivor is a social game. That is put to the test right away. Two people, in essence, never really get a chance to even play this game and yet they go through all the work to get there. That's not the only people that are gone. At the end of the 1st episode a total of 3 people are gone. Now we have 20 people... it's the most we've ever had...people would say why 20... it gives us more options... we can get rid of 3 people right off the bat. We still have 17. You can no longer, if you're a Survivor, assume that there's gonna be a Tribal Council every 3 days or one person will go home at every Tribal Council. The numbers are out of whack now, we're still out here 39 days so something is going to have to change.

02-16-05, 07:50 PM (EST)
15. "It's not totally clear..."
Is says the same feeling when you're not picked... or when you're the first guy laid off. It's presented as though these are both equally valid analogies but the 'laid off' example doesn't involve choosing teams.

It's just a hunch but I don't think that the pickem is the mechanism for the first two eliminations. I suspect the two early elims won't even be allowed to participate in the pick-em.

02-16-05, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cuon10 Click to send private message to cuon10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: It's not totally clear..."
I tend to agree and I will tell you why. Everything I have read
in regards to JP's response about that is more him responding, yes, that it is true that two are eliminated and do not even get to play the game. There may be a different quote out there that clarifies it more, though. But for some reason, I want to believe that I have read a couple of passages about someone not getting off the boat. Maybe the last two to respond to getting off are immediately done?

02-16-05, 08:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: It's not totally clear..."
We must keep in mind...this is Survivor. We always think these things through with all possible options (in which we should) but in the end there is always a simple answer!

I think the pick 'em is the answer. JMHO.

02-16-05, 08:25 PM (EST)
19. "Ah... but remember"
... how Jiffy often takes one little element of truth and then twists it during an interview soundbite so that it misdirects. I think that he may be intentionally alluding to the pick-em as the mechanism for the first two eliminations when, really, the pick-em actually occurs just after the elims are sent packing.

02-16-05, 08:30 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Ah... but remember"
You could be right! I totally agree. But I am leaning more towards the pick 'em.

02-16-05, 08:32 PM (EST)
21. "*spoiling mojo returning*"
I may be spending more time in here this season...

Thanks to everyone for answering my queries!

Magic Fingers 377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-16-05, 09:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magic%20Fingers Click to send private message to Magic%20Fingers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: *spoiling mojo returning*"
I agree with you also IceCat. I just have this gut feeling that everyone is left to fend for themselves with no information and no tree mail. Jeff shows up after 1-2 days and says follow me and 2 (Wanda and Jon) are not at camp at that moment and he say...too bad so sad...they will lose out then. Then they do the pick-em.

I think Jeff said somewhere that starting with 20 players it gave them more room for surprises..something like that. This might of just fell in his lap as a good chance to start it off with a surprise.

02-16-05, 09:18 PM (EST)
25. "RE: *spoiling mojo returning*"
Jiffy has also stated that getting rid of the three was a planned event. Now, whether you chose to believe that is another story.

02-16-05, 09:30 PM (EST)
26. "RE: *spoiling mojo returning*"
Exactly, MB and JP both have said that the first 2 boots was a preplanned and not by accident thing. How could they ever manipulate who got lost or that somebody would, or that it would conveniently be a male and a female and gender balance would stay intact? All these scenarios have been discussed at great lengths and if you take a few minutes to read the SOTS and view the links you will see that. I am not saying 100% equivocally that they get eliminated via the pick em, but after exhausting all other possibilities it makes the most game sense.

S10 PTB Sign up HERE

02-16-05, 09:37 PM (EST)
27. "RE: *spoiling mojo returning*"
Also, look here at Surveysez's post.

02-16-05, 09:42 PM (EST)
28. "The two 'get lost'..."

I'm still thinking that an overland journey is part of the selection process. The last two to arrive are eliminated. What better way to arrive last than to 'get lost'?

02-16-05, 09:47 PM (EST)
29. "Like I said"
LAST EDITED ON 02-16-05 AT 09:51 PM (EST)

it is up to you whether you believe Jiffy but this is in the article posted by Surveysez and was a quote from Jiffy:

Viewers will see that difference for themselves when the first two Survivor Palau contestants get booted. They don't get kicked the traditional way at Tribal Council. They are victims of a tribal pick 'em. Two players aren't selected to be on a tribe and therefore must leave the game immediately.

ETA: Sorry for getting really off base of the original topic of this thread.

02-16-05, 09:50 PM (EST)
30. "Original source?"
It doesn't sound like Jiffy speaking.

02-16-05, 09:54 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Original source?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-16-05 AT 09:55 PM (EST)

The Calgary Sun written by Jon Powell of Sun Media.

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/CalgarySun/Showbiz/2005/02/16/932249-sun.html

There is the complete article.

ETA: That is not a direct quote from Jiffy. I don't know Jiffy said it but Jon didn't quote him directly.

02-16-05, 09:55 PM (EST)
32. "Found it..."
The part of the article you referenced is not a quote attributed to Jiffy but, rather, the author's interpretation of the 'schoolyard' feeling quote.

http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/TV_Shows/S/Survivor10/2005/02/10/926830.html

Probst said that confusing start doesn’t sound like a whole lot but it “pays off” in the first few days and Day 33 because the producers put into the players’ heads that ‘Palau’ is a slightly different game.

Viewers will see that difference for themselves when the first two ‘Survivor Palau’ contestants get booted. They don’t get kicked the traditional way at Tribal Council. They are victims of a tribal pick ‘em. Two players aren’t selected to be on a tribe and therefore must leave the game immediately.

“It is brutal. It is the same feeling you have when you’re not picked on a schoolyard or when you’re the first guy laid off. At its core, without question, ‘Survivor’ is a social game and that is put to the test right away. These people in essence never really get a chance to play this game and yet they go through all the work to get there,” said Probst.

02-16-05, 09:57 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Found it..."
Right. I saw that after reading the entire article.

SurvivorShrine 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-16-05, 09:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorShrine Click to send private message to SurvivorShrine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Found it..."
You know there is the possibility of having the last two to arrive in a location be eliminated but then what would be the point of having one man and one woman immune, is it just the luxury of making the first pick for your tribe?

02-16-05, 10:20 PM (EST)
35. "Motivation to go above radar"
If you said to them... 'first man and woman ashore gets to pick the teams' I doubt you'd get many takers as it would pop those two people straight up into the radar. The immunity 'bait' is used to get two people to unknowingly volunteer to be captains.

The immunity has nothing to do with the pick-em because they keep their necklaces after the pick-em. Yolanda still has her necklace when the tribes form up for the challenge (where the idol is under the green cloth). The immunity necklaces are for real immunity in the event your tribe loses the first challenge.

If the necklaces provided immunity for only the pick-em they would have confiscated the necklaces immediately after the pick-em occured.

IMHO Yolanda and Ian are safe for EP1.

02-16-05, 10:27 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Motivation to go above radar"
So do you think there will be no immunity challenge? Or if there is an IC you think that is to determine the tribe that is immune but the individual with the necklace on the losing tribe will be immune?

02-16-05, 11:11 PM (EST)
38. "Vanuatu - EP3"
There is a precident for individual immunity awarded prior to the team immunity challenge during the same episode.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor9/show/ep03/index.shtml

The reward challenge had an individual immunity necklace which John K. won. There was a subsequent team immunity challenge which the men won.

Jolanda and Ian could very easily be provided the same benefit of having individual immunity prior to the commencement of the team immunity challenge.

02-17-05, 00:19 AM (EST)
43. "Actually..."
It was the reverse, Icey. They had the team IC first, then they had the individual IC. Since Lopevi won the team challenge, only Lopevi members could compete in the individual portion, won by John K.

Fester

02-17-05, 05:40 AM (EST)
45. "Yup..."
Still... it goes to the idea of individual immunity and team immunity being in play in the same episode.

They would not call them Immunity Necklaces if they did not confer immunity in the way immunity necklaces have conferred immunity in every single previous episode of Survivor - at tribal council.

Keeping it simple:

'immunity' means 'immunity' Jolanda and Ian are safe tonight.

02-17-05, 08:09 AM (EST)
50. "RE: Yup..."
This is a good point because JP wanted to drive home the point of choices and also of eliminating your strongest players in the beginning. Which has become a pattern not always necessary in the beginning. If you eliminate all your strength at first, you cut your own throat in tribe challenges. The point of the game is to get as far as you can in the game. They pretty much structured that competition/challenge to flip that around some.
To keep some of the stronger players around for a little bit to make the challenges a little more interesting again.
It only fitst their philosophy of "different survivor" to make to individuals immune in the beginning, thus protecting them during tribal council. I believe to have them see the importance of a physically stong player in the beginning and how it plays in tribal dynamics. It also creates the desire for the tribe to play more as a tribe with each player trying harder to present their contribution to the tribe. There are still opportunities deeper into the game to get rid of the biggest threats.

02-17-05, 09:53 AM (EST)
58. "RE: Vanuatu - EP3"
Exactly, Iceman. People have not seen the new precidents that survivor has slowly been setting. What went on with John K. is a first. I believe this will also be a first. There are no rules against it. What better way to continure Survivor into a long-term or endless run than to build many different avenues for this game to be played? And to create many different casting strategies, as well.
Having 2 people on opposite tribes wearing an immunity necklace from the start of the challenge, creates an atmosphere of NO ONE wanting to go to first tribe tribal council, thus the tribe playing as a whole to win immunity. You don't start off with the immediate stronghold divisions completely by age, gender
and so on. Why? Because if you create the fear or notion that there is always going to be an individual immunity within the tribe before the tribal immunity, you create the need for people to watch out for themselves first, but to also realize that they need to show why they are valuable to that tribe, plus wanting to work with other tribe members to get to know them for voting strategies. You want the tribe to be planning their voting strategies for farther down the road when it is more necessary, rather than walking around with who is the first one they want to get rid of. It keeps them from getting to know the target person, and thus, what they have to offer. That then creates
fewer dynamics for the tribes to play upon. When the puzzle challenges or the archery challenges or the obstacle challenges come around, that person you just got rid of that you did not know may have been you saving grace. Point is, it takes a few days to get to know the people your playing the game with.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-05, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Motivation to go above radar"
Or it happens like this:

Probst:

"Okay, we know who is on which tribe. Now it's time for your first immunity challenge. This will be a tribal challenge. One tribe will be safe and one tribe will vote someone off the island. Before I uncover the immunity idol, it's time for Ian and Jolanda to give back those immunity necklaces. You'll see at least one of those again later in the game."

If the immunity idol were uncovered and Jolanda still had her necklace, you'd have a stronger argument IMO.

Still, Icecat, thanks for bringing these ideas up. It's good to keep questioning what we think we know. We all thought Jeff was other eliminated person until this morning.

02-17-05, 00:08 AM (EST)
40. "If necklaces are only"
... used for the pick-em session, then does it not make sense to establish the end of immunity at the end of the picke-em session.

The only way your scenario makes sense is if they go straight from the pick-em session straight into lining up for the immunity challenge ie: one long sequence for the pick-em straight into the challenge. It doesn't seem likely to me - if I were the producer of the show, I'd be spreading the drama out a bit more than that.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-05, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: If necklaces are only"
Well, let's compare clothing between Pick Em shots and the challenge shots taking into account buffs. That should give us a decent idea if the two events happen right after each other or if there is a time interval. I am going to bed now, but I'll look at some vidcaps tomorrow. Unless someone else wants to before then.

02-17-05, 00:18 AM (EST)
42. "I already did..."
I'm suspecting that they all only have one set of clothes!

I'm going to look a little deeper tomorrow... bed calls.

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-05, 01:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: I already did..."

Well, some of them have a few layers of clothing...like Willard *cringe*

Nonetheless, I'm sticking with my gut and saying that two of them do indeed get lost. Whether it's because they have a race over land to get to the pick'em or they are out looking for water or firewood, it surprises the hell out of me that no one's gotten seriously lost in the last 9 seasons. It's about time. I agree with your way of thinking, Icey.

WHEEZE
And what if the map to water is written on the belly of the crab! How cool would that be?!

Wheeze * Everything In Between

02-17-05, 05:42 AM (EST)
46. "Crab?"
Crab? What Crab?

The map is clearly written on the belly of a GI Joe!

02-17-05, 05:44 AM (EST)
47. "RE: If necklaces are only"
If MB wanted to make the people who were wearing the immunity necklace feel that they were "safe" then he would let them keep the immunity necklaces until the next event in which to gain immunity, in this case the tribal immunity challenge. I think that just before he reveals the immunity idol, he takes back the necklaces.

This way it would be a way to keep players from making assumptions. I can just here Jeff now "Did I say you would be immune from the vote? The immunity made sure that you were selected for a tribe, you need to give it back to me now."

I believe the press release part of the being "lost" has started off as an MB comment that has been taken out of context and has now been run together with the fact that 3 people will be gone by the end of the episode. MB has stated that the 2 people to leave was a planned event. It just does not strike me that he would rely on exactly 2 people to get lost.

We'll find out soon enough.

S10 PTB Sign up HERE

02-17-05, 06:06 AM (EST)
48. "I dunno 'bout this..."
People are really trying awful hard to make things fit asking others to believe the following:

The Immunity Necklace really isn't for immunity...

A reporter for the Calgary Sun's interpretation of a Jeff Probst quote outweighs a CBS Press release...

When in doubt keep it simple and rely on basic principles:

1) CBS Press Releases ususally describe events that occur in the game
ie: 2 people get lost and it has to do with their elimination.

2) The Immunity Necklace has always conferred tribal council immunity
even on the one past occasion when both tribal immunity and individual
immunity were both in play during the same episode.

BTW: Getting lost during a task to travel overland to the pick-em site would be a 'planned event' would it not?

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-05, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: I dunno 'bout this..."
Icey, MB has repeatedly said that he wanted to blow the contestants out of the water at the very start this time, so that they would not be able to expect *anything* to go normally. KO's observation that Ian and Jolanda would be allowed to keep the necklaces after the pick'em makes perfect sense to me -- they would wonder if it meant immunity later, but they wouldn't know until they got to the challenge.

Also, Jeff Probst stresses the "social" element of Survivor in describing the eliminations. He doesn't literally say they are eliminated by the pick'em, but everything he says in and around it makes it clear that that's what happens, imo.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

02-17-05, 08:15 AM (EST)
51. "RE: If necklaces are only"
There would still be alot of drama. A whole lot. Because if what the others perceive the person winning the immunity necklace as the strongest player, some are going to gravitate toward building an alliance with this person, others are going to plot their first chance to rid themselves of this person first chance they get, and the true strategists are going to play in the middle, trying to determine how long this player will be useful and when exactly to eject this player. Thus, they are taking a risk and everyone is going to be striving for what they will believe is an individual immunity within immunity, and to show their value on the tribe in other areas.

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-16-05, 11:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "ITA"
LAST EDITED ON 02-17-05 AT 00:28 AM (EST)

ETA: agreeing with you Icey...on my end you can't tell...the curves are all gone.

I've actually been thinking this was the case for a few days now, but it was more of just a "Lex gut" based on the quotes I'd seen and everything else up to that point.

The getting lost thing just doesn't sit right with me unless they actually do get lost. Maybe my brain is just too stuck on Lost (the ABC show) but I definitely agree with all of your reasoning (and was thinking much of the same already).

I guess we'll see tomorrow.

Got blog?

biancaxxx 282 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-05, 06:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail biancaxxx Click to send private message to biancaxxx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: ITA"
"The getting lost thing just doesn't sit right with me unless they actually do get lost."

Well, I know that the last 2 to reach the shore might be considered "lost" because i think the tide takes them out. But other than that..it'd be just because they have no help/directions etc

02-17-05, 08:27 AM (EST)
52. "RE: ITA"
Keeping with the whole "two people get lost and don't make the first challenge" idea...where do the pics of Jiffy on the beach fit in? Are you (as in the ones believing that two get lost and get booted) thinking this is the pick 'em? If so, are there two tribes of 10?

bianca, hasn't your source told us that the first twist happens right after the Jiffy on the beach scene and that two peeps are eliminated at that twist? If so, I don't think two peeps can get lost following Jiffy.

02-17-05, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail biancaxxx Click to send private message to biancaxxx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: ITA"
They don't get lost following Jeff P.
That walk is right before the pick 'em.

The closest thing to lost that I heard was that two take a long time to come back to shore, because they tide has taken them out.

02-17-05, 08:46 AM (EST)
54. "RE: ITA"
Has your source told you that all 20 survivors are present for that walk or has 2 been eliminated at that time?

02-17-05, 08:57 AM (EST)
55. "RE: ITA"
The walk is prior to the elimination, and Jonathan can be seen in the walk too.

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-05, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "On the morning show"
There were only 2 vidcaps on the morning show - the first one where JP tells them 1 mile to the beach and 2 immunity necklaces - you can row or swim.

And the walking video - Jeff is in the middle and Wanda is at the very end I think but not positive about her. Walk is before pick-up but after they race to shore.

02-17-05, 09:21 AM (EST)
57. "RE: On the morning show"
So Jiffy doesn't tell them what the immunity necklaces are for? He just says that the first male and female will have the necklaces...right?

02-17-05, 10:05 AM (EST)
59. "RE: On the morning show"
There is nothing saying that the tide carrying them out is about swimmers. When you only have a couple of people in a row boat, you can have a problem controlling where it goes in the current.
Thus, the ones who stay in the rowboat may get swept back out and without enough strength against the tide, they could be the last ones onshore. Also, this is a show about choices and consequences, so choosing to row over swimming could have the consequence. Choosing to do what the fewer of the group, whichever that is, could be the thing that has a consequence.
Or it could be swimmers whose strength is not swimming against the currents and their choice brings about their consequence. It is about the dynamics of "thinking" of "decision making" and of "weighing the choices you make" instead of making them off the cuff. The first 4 Survivors were alot of weighing their options and also of having a backup plan. In S1, it ended up benefitting Rudy and Rudy's team because they got to know him
and he ended up being more beneficial then a problem, and it made their alliance work.

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-17-05, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "Snewser's picks are up"
Nice job team - you nailed it!

02-17-05, 05:14 PM (EST)
63. "*sigh*"
*spoiling mojo dissipating*

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •