The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 2 Title: "Love Is In The Air, Rats Are Everywhere""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-09-05, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 2 Title: "Love Is In The Air, Rats Are Everywhere""
Again, courtesy of Harold Balzaccio at Sucks.

Feb. 24

Survivor: Palau Episode 2

"Love Is In the Air, Rats Are Everywhere"

A fourth castaway is eliminated

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 2 Title: "Love Is In Th... KObrien_fan 02-09-05 1
 RE: Episode 2 Title: "Love Is In Th... FesterFan1 02-09-05 2
   RE: Episode 2 Title: "Love Is In Th... Corvis 02-09-05 3
   RE: Episode 2 Title: "Love Is In Th... Loquatrix 02-10-05 15
 RE: Episode 2 Title: "Love Is In Th... PepeLePew13 02-09-05 4
   RE: Episode 2 Title: "Love Is In Th... RyrieRae 02-09-05 5
       RE: Episode 2 Title: "Love Is In Th... PepeLePew13 02-09-05 9
           RE: Episode 2 Title: "Love Is In Th... RyrieRae 02-10-05 16
 RE: Episode 2 Title: "Love Is In Th... Flowerpower 02-09-05 6
   RE: Episode 2 Title: "Love Is In Th... Brownroach 02-09-05 7
   Eliminated? tribephyl 02-10-05 10
       RE: Eliminated? cuon10 02-10-05 11
           RE: Eliminated? memacmur 02-10-05 12
               RE: Eliminated? Brownroach 02-10-05 13
                   RE: Eliminated? cuon10 02-10-05 14
               RE: Eliminated? Spidey 02-11-05 18
 RE: Episode 2 Title: "Love Is In Th... cuon10 02-09-05 8
   RE: Episode 2 Title: "Love Is In Th... RyrieRae 02-10-05 17
 RE: Episode 2 Title: "Love Is In Th... thetick 02-13-05 19
   RE: Episode 2 Title: "Love Is In Th... cuon10 02-14-05 20
   RE: Episode 2 Title: "Love Is In Th... Corvis 02-15-05 21
       RE: Episode 2 Title: "Love Is In Th... bobscure 02-15-05 22
           RE: Episode 2 Title: "Love Is In Th... cuon10 02-15-05 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-05, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "Love Is In The Air, Rats Are Everywhere""
The Romber strategy spreads, it worked before, so why not again? All the pre-game strategies of flirtation are starting early.

S10 PTB Sign up HERE

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-05, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "Love Is In The Air, Rats Are Everywhere""
LAST EDITED ON 02-09-05 AT 03:12 PM (EST)

Oh, gross. That's all we need...another season full of raging hormones. </selfish commentary>

As for the second part of the title, are we talking literal, Pagong-style dinner rats or figurative, Dicque-redux rats?

Fester

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-09-05, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "Love Is In The Air, Rats Are Everywhere""
I am hoping for some rat eating. I want to see these Survivors struggle to survive the elements.

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-10-05, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "Love Is In The Air, Rats Are Everywhere""
Dinner rats! Dinner rats! I want to see the dinner rats, and I send FesterFan a cookie for inventing that delightful phrase, which is going to amuse me all day.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-05, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "Love Is In The Air, Rats Are Everywhere""
Love in the air?

I'd think that if Bobby Jon and Ashlee survive the first episode, it could be them. We've seen them sitting side-by-side in the boat on the way to the islands, Ashlee leaning on Bobby Jon in the group picture (where I initially thought Ashlee might have been 'edited in') and during the Early Show intros we see these two joking around.

'Course, it won't last long as one of these two (or both) are looking like very early boots.

Scratch and sniff

RyrieRae 416 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-09-05, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RyrieRae Click to send private message to RyrieRae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "Love Is In The Air, Rats Are Everywhere""
<Love in the air?
I'd think that if Bobby Jon and Ashlee survive the first episode, it could be them.>

This was my first thought too, but their religious beliefs (Christian and Mormon) differ. Most people who follow these two faiths are also very particular about dating someone who also believes the same. Of course, if this is all strategy I huess it doesn't matter!

In regards to the title, aren't these usually quotes people have said in that episode? If so, then the rats are probably literal. But EPMB in his EP editing strategies may begin to introduce us to who will play the role of rats for future episodes.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-05, 07:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "Love Is In The Air, Rats Are Everywhere""
Then again, I don't know of too many Mormons or Christians who say they act according to their beliefs and then talk about their M60's or speak of taking advantage of their sexuality or talking about their own "humungous boobs." So... it wouldn't be a reach to think that they talk a better game than they preach when it comes to their religions.

Scratch and sniff

02-10-05, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RyrieRae Click to send private message to RyrieRae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "Love Is In The Air, Rats Are Everywhere""
That's true!

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-05, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "Love Is In The Air, Rats Are Everywhere""
Thanks, BR!

A fourth cast member is eliminated...

Does this mean that there is no traditional bootee via Tribal Council, and that there is another "competition" where one is eliminated???

What's with all the eliminations, is'nt casualty more of a war term?

02-09-05, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "Love Is In The Air, Rats Are Everywhere""
I think it should say "A fourth castaway is liquidated."

I doubt there will be another twist as early as Ep 2. This one gets booted at TC.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-05, 05:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Eliminated?"
(this ain't TAR! Dammit!)
I'm wondering the same thing.
either it's a "competition" as you have mentioned or perhaps someone is freaking out over the RATS, and decides to quit?
Not the typical "and a 4th castaway is voted out/booted off"

Also, RR, ... the titles for Survivor are not usually actual survivor quotes. There have been some, but very few over the seasons. "Stupid People. Stupid, Stupid People"(Shii-Ann) or "I've Been Bamboozled!"(Rich) for instance.
TAR is the one that always takes a player's quote as the title.
Survivor's titles are usually more of a double entendre or some ironic aspect of the game/show. Like "Shark Attack", "The Princess" or "Now Who's in Charge Here?!".

Sn'DCS©MMIV
Perhaps Angie falls in love with a rat. AND they decide to leave the island and get married.
teehee

cuon10 473 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-05, 08:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cuon10 Click to send private message to cuon10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Eliminated?"
As shown on the TV Guide special, there is going to be a traditional Tribal council area. JP showed it and gave a little synopsis. As for if the format changes at all, who knows. Maybe they eliminate a couple of people like the military would
determine some are not fit for duty due to flat feet, asthma etc.
only they did not follow protocol or whatever.

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-10-05, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Eliminated?"
Just thought I would chime in with my thoughts on use of the word eliminated.

Granted, they could be using a losers-get-booted immunity challenge type scenario at first or:

1) TPTB have decided they need stronger language to add drama to the boots (a la You're Fired).

2) Perhaps and early alliance sets itself up and refers to their 'victims' as eliminations.

Food for thought, as I have barely started my spoiling efforts for this season (too busy watching TAR)...

02-10-05, 12:31 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Eliminated?"
My guess:

Since Ep 1 sets the stage by having two people exit the game without getting voted out at TC, CBS opted to use "eliminated" for the duration of the show. It covers any type of exit from the game.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

02-10-05, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cuon10 Click to send private message to cuon10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Eliminated?"
Is it possible that the first two are eliminated kind of in a "boot camp" washout type thing like the military uses in basic training. And two people just can't handle it, therefore they are eliminated?

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-05, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Eliminated?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-11-05 AT 12:48 PM (EST)

Or perhaps the TV guide writer was just still in TAR mode when (s)he wrote this? May mean nothing.

02-09-05, 06:31 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "Love Is In The Air, Rats Are Everywhere""
Is this rats as in "chowtime" rats or rats, such as those whom may get eaten by the snakes as Sue Hawk so eloquently put it in S1.?

02-10-05, 06:11 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "Love Is In The Air, Rats Are Everywhere""
That's what we are trying to figure out. Based on past quotes (or titles) such as this, it probably means both.

thetick 279 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-13-05, 06:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thetick Click to send private message to thetick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "Love Is In The Air, Rats Are Everywhere""
2cents says this is the Willard episode

02-14-05, 11:29 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "Love Is In The Air, Rats Are Everywhere""
That's a good point.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-15-05, 00:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "Love Is In The Air, Rats Are Everywhere""
Why is it Willard's episode? What am I missing?

bobscure 217 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-15-05, 07:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bobscure Click to send private message to bobscure Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "Love Is In The Air, Rats Are Everywhere""
It's a reference to a movie called Willard, who owned many rats including one big, bad rat named Ben. Perhaps you've heard the Michael Jackson theme song?

02-15-05, 08:34 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "Love Is In The Air, Rats Are Everywhere""
Yes, and I am wondering if this is the season that Jeff Probst shows us he should have been the riddler in "Batman" for episode 1, he says in an interview "Two don't get picked and it is like the feeling you get in the schoolyard when your not picked or when you are the first guy laid off?" What could that reference?
Wanda and maybe James. Because James is a steelworker and production/manufacturing experience layoffs alot. Or do these two end up as tribal chiefs/captains? But is Episode 2 title a hint that Willard is a leader of his tribe or in control and his rats are doing the work, or his "rats" turn on him? Could mean everything or nothing. I do think that these are some offtrack clues maybe to drive viewers nuts this season.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •