The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 1 Title: "This Has Never Happened Before!""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-03-05, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 1 Title: "This Has Never Happened Before!""
...courtesy of Harold Balzaccio at Sucks.

Survivor 10, Episode 1: "This Has Never Happened Before!"

Survivor Palau, airdate Feb. 17, 8 p.m. (ET), 60 minutes, CBS.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 1 Title: "This Has Neve... Flowerpower 02-03-05 1
 I'm guessing..... ohmyheck 02-03-05 2
 RE: Episode 1 Title: "This Has Neve... Devious Weasel 02-03-05 3
   RE: Episode 1 Title: "This Has Neve... Estee 02-03-05 4
       RE: Episode 1 Title: "This Has Neve... RyrieRae 02-03-05 5
   RE: Episode 1 Title: "This Has Neve... Brownroach 02-03-05 6
       RE: Episode 1 Title: "This Has Neve... Flowerpower 02-03-05 7
       RE: Episode 1 Title: "This Has Neve... FesterFan1 02-03-05 9
 "No Help of Any Kind!!" Scarlett O Hara 02-03-05 8
 Titan TV... Brownroach 02-04-05 10
   RE: Titan TV... volsfan 02-04-05 11
       RE: Titan TV... Brownroach 02-04-05 12
           Not quite... AyaK 02-04-05 14
               RE: Not quite... Corvis 02-04-05 15
               RE: Not quite... Brownroach 02-04-05 16
   RE: Titan TV... biancaxxx 02-04-05 13
   RE: Titan TV... nailbone 02-04-05 17
       Slang? Brownroach 02-04-05 18
           Sum of the parts. Krautboy 02-04-05 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-05, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 1 Title: "This Has Never Happened Before!""
Thanks for bringing this over, BR. Boy, what an original title...once again we are being hit over the head with something shocking that happens in the first 10 minutes, and that this is indeed a different Survivor!

...I say, bring it on!

ohmyheck 1919 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-03-05, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmyheck Click to send private message to ohmyheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "I'm guessing....."
Stephenie says this one.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-05, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 1 Title: "This Has Never Happened Before!""
Sixty minutes? I guess the thing that happens within the first 10 minutes is the two people going home.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-05, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 1 Title: "This Has Never Happened Before!""
That running time is frustrating. I'm betting no contestant introduction segment again, and there's no way we're going to have everyone's names, faces, and first confessionals before they roll closing credits. Whatever happened to taking a moment for giving out a bad first impression?

RyrieRae 416 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-03-05, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RyrieRae Click to send private message to RyrieRae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 1 Title: "This Has Never Happened Before!""
Even sucky Apprentice got it's first two episodes of the season at an hour and a half. Come on, Mark

02-03-05, 06:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 1 Title: "This Has Never Happened Before!""
This was the quote from Jeff's voiceover in the first promo:

From the beginning the game will be changed in a dramatic way. Everything the Survivors have come to expect will be wiped in the first 10 minutes.

It depends on if he is referring here to the first ten minutes of the game or of the edited-down TV show. Probably a little bit of both, imo. The fact that they get no instructions at the start and have no idea what to do (and therefore, what to expect) can be considered wiping the slate clean at the start of the game. I think the "lost" element will be played up in the first ten minutes of the show as well, and that we will hear from pretty much everyone about it in the first segment.

The eliminations will probably come in the second segment. If it's going to be "emotional", there has to be enough of a set-up for it.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-05, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 1 Title: "This Has Never Happened Before!""
BR, I think you are right! We'll see how they row to shore, after being fired upon and come upon the wrong beach, then we'll see them get back into the boat to keep searching for the generic green Survivor Sign marking camp....

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-05, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 1 Title: "This Has Never Happened Before!""
I think the "lost" element will be played up in the first ten minutes of the show as well, and that we will hear from pretty much everyone about it in the first segment.

The eliminations will probably come in the second segment. If it's going to be "emotional", there has to be enough of a set-up for it.

I agree with this. There will likely be 4 segments in the show. The 1st will focus on the "Lost" element. The second on the tribal selection and first 2 boots. The third on the fallout and IC. And the 4th on last second politicking and the TC, where Boot #3 occurs.

I'm guessing that those with a lot of face time in Segment #1 are at the most risk for being iced in Segment #2.

I can't believe they're going with a 60-minute premiere. I mean I get that CSI is The Eye's sacred cow, but come on. 2 of these DAWs won't even get their 15 minutes...literally. Yet there they'll be for 14 more episodes in the opening credits. And every week we'll see them on the screen and say to ourselves "Who?".

Fester

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-03-05, 09:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. ""No Help of Any Kind!!""
I just saw this on a CBS commericial for Survivor. Looks like the rumors are true. They are given "no help of any kind" and "this has never happened before!"

02-04-05, 11:45 AM (EST)
10. "Titan TV..."
...has this description up:

This Has Never Happened Before! - (Source: Titan TV)
The 10th edition of the series begins with 20 castaways being abandoned on Palau, a group of islands in the western Pacific. Initially, the players are given no information on how they are to proceed. The unusual start claims two early casualties who get lost and don't make it to the first challenge. By the end of the first episode, three players depart. Jeff Probst is the host.

Did they cobble this together based on MB's remarks in that interview? MB already said that three people leave by design. I think this is wrong.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-05, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Titan TV..."
They must have BR.

I think it would be really strange for Jiffy to show up whereever these two are lost and say ok...you are too stupid to be on this show...LEAVE!

We have never heard it mentioned that if someone doesn't make a challenge they are eliminated. Usually everyone travels together to the challenge beach. Isn't challenge beach on another island? They would have to be in the boat. Right?

02-04-05, 12:46 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Titan TV..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-04-05 AT 12:49 PM (EST)

I think it would be really strange for Jiffy to show up whereever these two are lost and say "ok...you are too stupid to be on this show...LEAVE!"

True (but I do think Jeff should have the right to say that at least once per series).

I can't imagine this copy came from CBS. Even it were going to happen that way, they wouldn't spoil it in the promo copy.

ETA: I would imagine that if you just refuse to show up for a challenge there is a penalty, possibly elimination. But getting lost? The crew would surely reroute anyone they saw going the wrong way. Nope, it would never happen.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-05, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Not quite..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-04-05 AT 02:16 PM (EST)

Actually, we DO know that you are required to show up for all challenges, even if you're sitting out, or you're disqualified from the show. AND we also know that the crew are under orders to "not interfere" with the actions of the players.

We also know that CBS provides "screeners" of the first episode (leaving out the final 15 minutes) to TV reporters (but not us, because we're seen as "spoilers" who would blab anything we learn). Thus, some people may actually know what happens early in the episode.

I'm not saying that this description is correct ... but it is also not inconsistent with the gameplay facts that we know.

On the other hand, it is inconsistent as all heck with Burnett's comment that the first two leave by design, as BR pointed out.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-04-05, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Not quite..."
I sent an email to the Titan TV asking them if that was copy that came straight from CBS. I'll let you know if they respond.

02-04-05, 02:51 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Not quite..."
(but not us, because we're seen as "spoilers" who would blab anything we learn)

We would never do that, would we?

Thanks, ayak, I was 99% sure about the disqualification for not showing up. I know the crew are not supposed to interfere, but they do have a filming schedule. If two contestants were to inadvertently start off in the wrong direction to get to an imminent challenge, potentially causing an hours-long delay if they got lost, I would think the crew could at least say, "hey you're supposed to be going the other way". And if I remember correctly, in S2 Kel Gleason said one of the crew told him that they (Jerri) were talking about him smuggling food back at camp.

Anyway, it just seems very improbable to me that anyone would literally get lost.

biancaxxx 282 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-04-05, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail biancaxxx Click to send private message to biancaxxx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Titan TV..."
I believe that promo is misleading.

Too many of our sources point to a pick'em style game to sort out who is eliminated. The speculation on Blows about Jenn and Coby is right. They were reacting to the elimination.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-05, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Titan TV..."

I think that the last ones to show up are eliminated, right? If they get lost they'd probably be the last to show up.

Handcrafted by Rolly - ain't it cool!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

02-04-05, 06:38 PM (EST)
18. "Slang?"
"Get lost" can be a euphemism for "leave". Maybe this is MB being coy.

I still believe that no one will literally lose their way, and that the two get eliminated via the tribal pick'em. Apart from there being sources who've said this, this method of elimination is the most logical to me.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-04-05, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Sum of the parts."
This Has Never Happened Before! - (Source: Titan TV)
The 10th edition of the series begins with 20 castaways being abandoned on Palau, a group of islands in the western Pacific. Initially, the players are given no information on how they are to proceed. The unusual start claims two early casualties who get lost and don't make it to the first challenge. By the end of the first episode, three players depart. Jeff Probst is the host.

BR, I think you are exactly correct about the copy being "cobbled together", but all of the pieces taken seperately probably do occur:

"The unusual start..." refers to no instructions and everyone together from the start.

"...claims two early casualties..." refers to the pick 'em elimination of the last two not selected for a tribe.

"...who get lost..." is true because the whole tribe probably gets lost looking for camp. (The Tom Westman spoiler also mentioned that Tom got lost lost following one of the younger guys, so it's very likely that several people got lost looking for camp, including the two early casualties.

"...and don't make it to the first challenge." this refers to the fact they are eliminated before the challenge.

So, all the parts taken seperately are probaly true...

Krautboy

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •