The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SURVIVOR TOM"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-13-05, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SURVIVOR TOM"

Born in Queens, New York, Tom Westman attended Archbishop Molloy High School, where he was a peer group counselor and member of the track team. In 1982, he held the school record in the pole vault, 14' 6'', which held for 20 years. He then studied history for three years at the State University of New York in Binghamton. In 1985, Westman followed his father's footsteps and joined the New York City Fire Department. He is currently a Lieutenant of Ladder Company 108 in Brooklyn. Simultaneously, he is finishing his undergraduate degree at Queens College, the City University of New York, pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree in history.

Westman enjoys sailing, skiing, scuba diving, golfing and cooking. He is most happy spending time with his family and friends. He describes himself as gregarious, practical and competitive. He is most proud of his department's response to the rescue efforts of September 11, 2001, and the everyday efforts to help alleviate the suffering in New York City. His hero is his daughter, Meghan, who lost her hearing to meningitis at 18 months old and, after receiving a cochlear implant at 2 years old, is currently mainstreamed and thriving in the third grade.

Westman is a member of the Uniformed Fire Officers Association and the Fire Department of New York Emerald Society. He was also a member of the Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing. Having been recognized for his support by Disabled Sports, USA, in 2001, Westman has returned every year since to volunteer as an instructor where he helps introduce recently disabled veterans to adaptive skiing.

Westman currently resides in Sayville, New York with his wife, Bernadette, and their three children, Meghan (8), Declan (6) and Conor (4). They have one golden retriever, Guinness. Westman's birth date is January 4, 1964.

Colors: Blue
Scents: My wife's neck
Flowers: Daylilies
Board Games: Trivial Pursuit, Cranium
Video Games: No favorite
Sports to Play: Golf
Sports Teams: Any team my kids are on
Outdoor Activities: Sailing, skiing, running, gardening
TV Shows: All HBO originals, anything on History or Discovery Channels
Movies: The Pope of Greenwich Village, Pulp Fiction, Braveheart, The Gangs of New York
Actors: Sean Connery, Christopher Walken, Tom Hanks, Gary Sinise
Actresses: Nicole Kidman, Halle Berry, Laura Dern, Charlize Theron
Music: Van Morrison, Black 47, Billie Holiday, The Chieftains, Jimmy Buffett
Magazines: Time, Men's Journal, Cigar Aficionado
Books/Authors: Hemingway, Steinbeck, Frost
Cereals: GOLEAN Crunch!
Fruits: Banana, watermelon
Snack Foods: Cheese, pepperoni
Cookies: Pepperidge Farms Sausalito
Candy Bars: Hershey bar
Alcoholic Drinks: Guinness Stout
Non-Alcoholic: Starbucks coffee

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SURVIVOR TOM Brownroach 01-13-05 1
 RE: SURVIVOR TOM pmspml5 01-13-05 2
 RE: SURVIVOR TOM Wheezy 01-13-05 3
 RE: SURVIVOR TOM Flowerpower 01-13-05 4
 RE: SURVIVOR TOM pmspml5 01-13-05 5
   RE: SURVIVOR TOM Loree 01-14-05 6
       RE: SURVIVOR TOM pmspml5 01-14-05 7
 brief news article on him moonbaby 01-16-05 8
   RE: brief news article on him Scarlett O Hara 01-16-05 9
 He may not have done well Brownroach 01-19-05 10
   RE: He may not have done well FesterFan1 01-19-05 11
   RE: He may not have done well volsfan 01-19-05 12
   RE: He may not have done well Krautboy 01-19-05 13
       RE: He may not have done well Brownroach 01-19-05 14
 RE: SURVIVOR TOM cuon10 01-24-05 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-13-05, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SURVIVOR TOM"
On TES, he said something like "just like every fire is different, every game (of Survivor) is different."

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

01-13-05, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SURVIVOR TOM"
Just my little tid bit - he sounds a lot like boston Rob

Also, none of his favorite actors were the ones in hat DAW picture lmao

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-05, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SURVIVOR TOM"

I like this guy. Seems very well-rounded.

He may have an advantage in that he looks older than he is. He's only 40.

--->

Wheeze * Wheeze's Blog

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-05, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SURVIVOR TOM"
....and most importantly, his favorite flowers are DAYLILIES!!!! I like him!

01-13-05, 05:53 PM (EST)
5. "RE: SURVIVOR TOM"
Favorite scent - my wifes neck - oh I really really like him

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-05, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SURVIVOR TOM"
>Favorite scent - my wifes neck
>- oh I really really
>like him
>

I loved that line too. And his birthday is my wedding anniversary.

01-14-05, 02:07 PM (EST)
7. "RE: SURVIVOR TOM"
He is now officially my preview favorite - which unfortunatley for him means he probably goes right b4 the jourey like all my other pre-view favs

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-05, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "brief news article on him"
here: http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/271890p-232735c.html

Blurb:
Westman clearly has a lot going for him, but can he win "Survivor?"

Sure, says neighbor Jeanne Christensen. "He runs all the time," she noted. "And he's very, very strong-willed."

His only drawback, Christensen added, may be that "he's too nice."

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-05, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: brief news article on him"
Hmmmmm....my wife's neck .... prrrrrrrrr baby! This one could go far ... he seems like a real likeable and more importantly, grounded kind of guy ... whose priorities are on straight! I'm cheering for him too! Plus ... he's got those incredible baby blues going for him as well

He might do well to play more under the radar though in his early game ... as we know this guy will be a strong and competitive challenge participant ...

01-19-05, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "He may not have done well"
LAST EDITED ON 01-19-05 AT 12:09 PM (EST)

There is a thread here at Sucks by a GinaS4110, who said she and her husband know Tom. I should have copied it here earlier since she's deleted all her text. If you read through the thread you can get the gist of what was there though.

The overall feeling it conveyed was that Tom didn't do that well and his strategy didn't work, from the statement:

"...but he would do it again differently..." and there was also a reference to him "trying" to organize the younger guys (see GarboTalk's post on page 2 -- I don't remember the exact wording that was used originally).

It also said:

"They walked hours to find a camp and Tom said it was tough but he followed a young guy around who acted like the leader."

The wording "he followed a young guy" makes it sound like there were different groups trying to find camp -- maybe the two boatloads of people? I wonder who the young guy who acted like a leader would be.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-05, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: He may not have done well"
It wouldn't surprise me that he didn't do as well as he would've liked. This guy absolutely screams Savage-or-Sarge level boot position. Sight unseen, I'm thinking early jury for Tom. Too much of a leader and too trusting with the wrong folks.

Fester

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-05, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: He may not have done well"
there was also a reference to him "trying" to organize the younger guys

I hope this doesn't mean that he sticks around long enough to realize that the young guys are the targets and he tries to wake them up to see what is happening.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-19-05, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: He may not have done well"
Thanks BR...

I recall reading that Tom tried to instill some of the firefighter's spirit of "brotherhood", in order to unite the younger guys...but he said in the end they didn't buy it and aligned with the younger women instead...definately didn't do too well

Krautboy

01-19-05, 02:23 PM (EST)
14. "RE: He may not have done well"
Yes, that was it! Thanks, KB. I think he may well be gone pre-merge in that case.

cuon10 473 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-24-05, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cuon10 Click to send private message to cuon10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: SURVIVOR TOM"
I would not count him out before seeing the first and maybe second episodes because alot of the things that are put out there are bs and left as tidbits to throw people off. I remember everyone debating the fact that Julie was off right at merge. Did not happen. There were a couple of people that had weight loss spoilers and they went earlier. People's bodies react differently based on their metabolisms. Therefore, who knows. I am rooting for this guy and something about him says he may just be able to handle this group. Of course, being a firefighter, he may just want to play this game with a little too much integrity.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •