The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SURVIVOR KIM"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-13-05, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SURVIVOR KIM"

Born in California, Kimberly Mullen was raised in Huber Heights, Ohio. She attended Ohio State University, where she received a Bachelor of Arts degree in international studies with a concentration in Middle Eastern studies. She also minored in psychology and political science. She is currently a graduate student at Wright State University, where she is pursuing a Master of Humanities en route to a Ph. D. in political science. She also works part-time as a government contractor for H.J. Ford/Department of Defense.

Mullen has previously worked as a recruiter, non-profit fundraiser, teacher and model, having lived in Atlanta, Miami Beach and Athens during modeling assignments. She represented Ohio in the 2002 Miss USA Pageant.

Mullen enjoys working out, socializing and sailing. She describes herself as spontaneous, intelligent and calculating. She is most proud of learning Arabic after the tragedy of September 11, 2001, in order to get a worldly perspective on reports coming in from the Middle East and has incorporated this knowledge into her studies. She hopes to continue to work in the non-profit sector while working towards her goal of becoming a professor of political science and an international organization consultant. She is a passionate supporter of raising awareness for ovarian cancer and human rights issues worldwide.

Mullen, who is currently single, remains in Huber Heights and Columbus, Ohio. Her birth date is March 13, 1979

Colors: Blue
Scents: Soap, men's cologne, ocean
Flowers: Orchid, yellow rose
Board Games: Jenga, checkers
Video Games: College football (PlayStation 2)
Sports to Play: Football, water sports, horseballs
Sports Teams: Ohio State Buckeyes
Outdoor Activities: Water sports, fishing, riding 4-wheelers
TV Shows: News, The Simple Life
Movies: Joe Dirt; O Brother, Where Art Thou
Actors: Sean Connery, Brad Pitt
Actresses: Julia Roberts, Sharon Stone, Audrey Hepburn
Music: Modest Mouse, The Shins, U2, Oldies
Magazines: Vogue, People, Newsweek, The Economist
Books/Authors: Palace Walk (Naguib Mahfouz), Dan Brown
Cereals; Special K with strawberries
Fruits: Pineapple, blueberries, strawberries
Snack Foods: Cashews
Cookies: Girl Scout Cookies
Candy Bars: Protein bars
Alcoholic Drinks: Grey Goose martini with bleu cheese stuffed olives
Non-Alcoholic: Water

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SURVIVOR KIM CornerOfMax 01-13-05 1
   RE: SURVIVOR KIM Witless 01-15-05 4
 RE: SURVIVOR KIM Brownroach 01-13-05 2
 RE: SURVIVOR KIM buckeyegirl 01-14-05 3
 RE: SURVIVOR KIM SurvivaBear 01-19-05 5
 Hair info buckeyegirl 01-23-05 6
   RE: Hair info biancaxxx 01-24-05 7
 RE: SURVIVOR KIM cuon10 01-24-05 8
   RE: SURVIVOR KIM Witless 01-27-05 9
       RE: SURVIVOR KIM cuon10 01-28-05 10
           RE: SURVIVOR KIM skyhoneybear 01-28-05 11
           RE: SURVIVOR KIM Witless 01-28-05 12
               RE: SURVIVOR KIM cuon10 01-29-05 13
                   RE: SURVIVOR KIM Witless 02-15-05 14
                       RE: SURVIVOR KIM kyleontheweb 02-22-05 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

CornerOfMax 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-13-05, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CornerOfMax Click to send private message to CornerOfMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SURVIVOR KIM"
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-05 AT 11:03 AM (EST)

Huber Heights is, literally, right down the street from me.

Too awesome.

ETA: That's near Dayton, BTW.

Witless 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-15-05, 03:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Witless Click to send private message to Witless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SURVIVOR KIM"
I live near Huber, too.

And I taught in the Humanities Department at WSU for two years.

Suddenly I'm feeling a strong urge to look up some old colleagues .

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-13-05, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SURVIVOR KIM"
On TES, she talked about using flirting as a game strategy.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-05, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SURVIVOR KIM"
LAST EDITED ON 01-14-05 AT 10:18 AM (EST)

:: Picks mouth off floor!:: She goes to my hairdresser. I know this because when I went last week she had a signed autograph from her that said thanks for the great hair. I think I need to find another excuse to go back to see what I can learn.
This is a first for me.

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-19-05, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SURVIVOR KIM"
Hiya to all the Ohio peeps on the board! I also live in Huber Heights and have worked at WSU. Does she still attend WSU/work in the area? It seems like some of us could find some info like when she came back and what she looked like. If anyone gets some leads that I could help with, just PM me.

A lovely creation by the lovely Syren
I CAN'T WAIT!

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-05, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Hair info"
I made a trip to my hairdresser, and was able to get a tiny bit of info. about Kim. She was in to see my hairdresser not too long ago, and as my hairdresser wasn't a fan of the show the only thing that she could tell me was that Kim's hair was totally fried and damaged. She asked her where she had been for her hair to get so ruined, and she said she had been on a trip to Africa. My hairdresser was like where in Africa, because your hair was totally ruined by salt water. Kim quickly changed the subject, and then a few days later our local paper ran the article about her being on Survivor and then everything clicked.
Sorry I don't have more info...

biancaxxx 282 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-24-05, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail biancaxxx Click to send private message to biancaxxx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Hair info"
That's good info. I'm assuming that kim would have to be out there for a while (longer than a few eps) for her hair to get so damaged.

cuon10 473 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-24-05, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cuon10 Click to send private message to cuon10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SURVIVOR KIM"
Here are a few things that make her a possible player deep into the game:She works in a government contracting job while still going to school, she learned a detailed language, which is usually not an exciting program, people will assume she is a blonde just selling her sex appeal, but she seems to have a plan and she seems to make sure her bases are covered. IF her whole game does not just come off as sex,sex,sex, she will possibly be past the merge.

01-27-05, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Witless Click to send private message to Witless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: SURVIVOR KIM"
>Here are a few things that
>make her a possible player
>deep into the game:She works
>in a government contracting job
>while still going to school,
>

That might sound impressive, but I did the same thing when I was in college, both as an undergrad and a grad student, and so do a heck of a lot of other students around here. Wright-Patterson Air Force Base basically surrounds Wright State University and the place is crawling with students from WSU and the University of Dayton and several other local colleges who work either full or part time. You can even take classes from some of those colleges on base; I teach some of them.

WPAFB has the highest civilian employee population of any military base in the world. You can't swing a dead cat in this area without hitting someone who works for a government contractor, either on or off base. Sometimes it means a lot, sometimes it doesn't. When I was a DoD contractor in grad school, I was also a TA, and I spent most of my time at the base grading papers because I had nothing else to do. It was a great job from that perspective; I was paid (and very well) to do my other job.

Kim works for H. J. Ford, which is a small DoD contractor with an off-base corporate office right across the road from WSU. Going by what's on their web site http://www.hjford.com/dayton.htm I would say that she shuffles a lot of papers either there or on the base; they appear to specialize in acquisitions and management, and that means paperwork. It's not at all uncommon for students to have jobs like that here, especially students from WSU, who tend to be older and self-supporting.

01-28-05, 00:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cuon10 Click to send private message to cuon10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: SURVIVOR KIM"
I know what you are saying. I know all about government contractors as well. My husband works with dozens of them and ends their contracts as well if they bring in people that cannot do the job, his boss has him end their contracts at the end of their term. My husband was in the AF for 14 years and I lived on several AF bases and worked on them as well, so I know about the paper shuffling. Here in New England, they hire college students only for summer hires and most of them are great. I just find that for a younger woman that is into modeling and acting, she also thinks more practically than many like her in similar circumstances. As far as acquisitions goes, it is usually hand-in-hand with logistics, which is about getting all
the things the military needs to them and all the contracts done and all the manuals shipped with the equipment they depend on in
day-to-day living where it is supposed to go.
The thing about Kim is initially, I am like, oh great, another blonde model needing her exposure on-camera to get more jobs or get "discovered" but knowing what some of the summer hires think about working for the gov't contractors and the gs system, she must be able to handle monotony, as well as, excitement. I am just wanting to find things in this "cast" that make them likable. It is almost as though the casting team threw the apps up in the air and went the first 800 picked up are who we interview and the fifty that have their passports intact will proceed through the process. There just seems to be a bit of bs'ing in alot of the bio's. NO ONE, Not even the most dedicated athlete's have time for all the things a couple of these people claim that they do on a regular basis.

skyhoneybear 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-28-05, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skyhoneybear Click to send private message to skyhoneybear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: SURVIVOR KIM"
I am a graduate student at Wright State in Dayton ( not in the same program). I have never met her but she is on the front page of our School Paper. She is here but she can't say anything because of her contract with CBS

"I don't wanna grow up, I'm a grown a$$ kid"---Kanye West "Through the Fire"
"If Karma is a boomerang, I will see you sooner than later."---Will, Big Brother 5, USA
" Ling-Ling so want visit from father. He great warrior/dry cleaner. He coined classic phrase..."No Ticky, No Washy."--Ling Ling(Drawn Together)

01-28-05, 11:41 PM (EST)
12. "RE: SURVIVOR KIM"
> Here in New England,
>they hire college students only
>for summer hires and most
>of them are great.

WPAFB is, as every AF person who has ever been here will tell you, very different. Civilian employment is a requirement of the base's lease agreement with the county, so while the AF runs the place, it's civilian contractors who do most of the work. The AF people hate us, but I believe we outnumber them. Of course, they have guns and we don't, so that tends to equalize things.

The AF has summer hires here, too. They are better know by an acronym for Summer Hires In Training. My husband got started working at the base in that capacity. His boss used to say things like "Hey, #####. Go wash my car if you've got nothing better to do."

He had nothing to do, but he did nothing so well that they brought him back the next year to do nothing again. One of the contractors asked him what he majored in and, upon hearing it was computer science, told him to send in a resume and he's been a government contractor ever since. As I said, it's not at all unusual for a student to work for a contractor.

>I just find that for
>a younger woman that is
>into modeling and acting, she
>also thinks more practically than
>many like her in similar
>circumstances.

Maybe. But I figure that she is going to grad school at WSU, and grad school does not generally leave a person with a flexible schedule that allows for travel, so a modeling and acting career are out, not to mention this isn't exactly Hollywood or New York. So she's in grad school, she plans on getting a Ph.D political science, there are part-time jobs available in defense contracting, and the corporate office is right across the street from the college. It's a practical choice, yes, but I think it's a natural one as well. You have to pay the bills.

I also think she must be giving up on the modeling and acting, considering her major--and also considering that WSU has pretty good theater and film departments that she isn't part of.

I doubt very much that her job is anything like that of a summer hire. It's probably not a student-type position at all, but a regular part-time job with regular duties.

>I am just wanting to
>find things in this "cast"
>that make them likable.

The word I am getting about Kim is that she is very personable and not the sterotypical beauty queen type at all, a really down-to-earth kind of person who is comfortable to be around.

But since this is Survivor, who knows what Kim we will see on the show.

01-29-05, 00:53 AM (EST)
13. "RE: SURVIVOR KIM"
That is true, very true. I recently visited a couple of other boards and they are talking "smack" about the rumors that this survivor is "thailandish" which is the thing I am afraid of. People want to see MB fail or they act as if they do. Fox would love for Survivor and Apprentice in the toilet over the next couple of years. I just want the show to stay on for a few more years. I would like a chance at playing the game before it goes away. May never happen, but if they pick a couple more of the Thailand or Amazon type casts, they could cut off their nose to spite their face. There are 3 or 4 females in the mix that might be ok, but it seems more males this time around.
The first photos and info out on some of the boards talked of her modeling and there were some pre-outing photos and she was listed as an actress having appeared on a couple of different shows. Of course, that could explain a need to try to win some money. Hoping for an exciting season.

02-15-05, 03:30 AM (EST)
14. "RE: SURVIVOR KIM"
My suspicion is that they decided to that they needed to really give a cast a hard swift kick in the ##### to pique interest in the show again, hence the emphasis on how "different" this show would be, "no help at all," and some really physical, hard challenges, and then someone said, "You know what we ought to do? Cast this show with a lot of pretty-pretty mediawhores who hit the gym daily but whine if they break a nail. If America loves anything, it's seeing a bunch of good-looking whiny people getting their tails seriously kicked when they have dirty hair and no makeup."

And everyone nodded sagely and took notes.

Then they threw in a couple of purely likable people, an oddball or two, and some token not-so-pretty folks, and added three lawyers to guarantee that there would be some people there who could strike sparks off the others while waxing eloquent in confessionals and voila!--Survivor Palua was cast.

For me, this cast kind of looks like one I will enjoy in a negative way, as in I will really enjoy disliking some of them. To me, the show gets kind of boring when there's mostly likable people on it. The nice people strategize in very predictable ways; it's the not-nice types who make for interesting moves. I generally don't watch to feel morally superior to the cast (if you thought Jerri Manthey was the biggest witch in the show's history, it's only because I haven't been cast--there is no way I could stand to be nice to all those people for more than a month without adequate chocolate, a lot of good books to hide in, and a good night's sleep every night, million dollars or no), but occasionally someone comes along......and I suspect there might be one or two on this show.

Oh, yeah, this is a spoiler board. Um, things have been really quiet in the news so far, even though the Dayton Daily News tends to have quite a bit of Survivor coverage. I am not sure what this means for Kim's future. Ducking and running.......

kyleontheweb 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-22-05, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kyleontheweb Click to send private message to kyleontheweb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: SURVIVOR KIM"
All I can tell you guys about her is that she is apparently a huge megabitch. At least, she used to be. My wife is the same age as her and went to school with her at Wayne High School in Huber Heights. She says that she was such a huge megabitch to her and a number of other people all the time. Basically, we like to watch survivor now so we can watch Kim lose. That would be fun.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •