The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"State of the Spoiling, Episode Fourteen"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-10-04, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"State of the Spoiling, Episode Fourteen"
LAST EDITED ON 12-10-04 AT 04:43 PM (EST)

State of the
Spoiling
Episode Fourteen

Okay, so not much to go on. Nothing new there - it is Finale Weekend, when we often have little to go on.

CBS Misdirection

This thread has the all we have been given for a promo for the finale. No surprise; the finale promo is usually info-free. It’s somewhat interesting that we don’t have a Scout Voice-over or visual (other than her picture at the start of the promo), but whether or not this has importance is open to speculation. Bebo posits that the order is the boot order – others theorize that the way the words are imposed over the shot points us to the winner. I’m inclined to believe that if that is the case, the winner is Jiffy.

Episode 14 Title

As I point out here, the episode title is Spirits And The Final Four. Given that we haven’t had much by way of talking about spirits up til now, could this be a return to the spirit stone? And if so, does that mean Chris wins? Thanks to Brownroach for pointing out that Forehead posted this title already in a thread that has almost dropped off to Page Three.

Titles are always picked for a reason. (Remember how the title of the Neleh-Vee finale was “Soul Survivor”?) I think the island spirits will make a big reappearance in this episode. That reappearance, however, could be either foreshadowing or ironic.

Four Person IC

As of this writing, we don’t have any clear indication of the Final Four IC, other than the fact that it may involve a wall of some sort. Well, and that it involves four people, one of whom will win immunity.

Three Person IC

As of this writing, we don’t have any clear indication of the Final Three IC, other than the fact that it involves three people, one of whom will win immunity.

Surprising Winner

This thread was about whether or not TV Guide gave away the identity of the Final Four (which we know it didn’t) but it did have this quote from Jiffy. (T)he game concludes with a 'very heated and emotionally honest' two-hour finale, according to host Jeff Probst that yields 'tears, anger, hurt feelings, healed feeling and a surprising winner'.

As BR points out, surprising winner could be spun to apply to any of the remaining four. Indeed, this is probably the least likely F4 most people would have foreseen at the start of the season. Maybe the thing to do is work backwards – that is, who among this group would be the least surprising winner. The problem is, these quotes aren’t usually aimed at the spoiler community – they are talking in terms of what would be surprising for the casual viewer. Given that we have been beaten over the head with Twila and Scout being a strong F2, I would think the surprising winner has to be referring to either Chris or Eliza.

Spoiling Activity

Our main spoiler activity is taking place in two threads – Veruca’s Editing Thread and tbraff’s Final Four thread. (Note: tbraff’s thread is not to be confused with the Finale Vote Thread, which Sherps will probably have up shortly.) The big debate on Veruca’s thread is over Chris – some think he got a very cocky edit in Episode 13, others think it was confident without being cocky. (Put me in the “confident without being cocky” camp.) The consensus seems to be that Twila's editing has turned negative for a reason, but most (except for Jims) think it's because she is going F4 or F3.

tbraff’s thread has a lot of posts with people positing their predictions per the PTTE from here out. Feel free to add to the discussion.

Summary

Well, like I said, not much to go on. I’ll try to drop by over the weekend and update this if it seems pertinent. For my money, the final order is

4. Scout
3. Chris
2. Twila
1. Eliza

unless, of course, it's

4. Scout
3. Eliza
2. Twila
1. Chris

SOTS is provided by SurvivorBlows.com
as a service to our readers. The purpose of this post is to consolidate the threads in the Spoiler Forum pertaining to this week's episode. Feel free to reply to this post if you feel that a theory you support was not adequately represented in this message... Please use this thread for unified discussion of all topics as we approach the next episode.

Thanks to Bebo for, well, she knows why.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... ShadyLady 12-10-04 1
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Brownroach 12-10-04 2
   RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Devious Weasel 12-10-04 3
       Blue..... emydi 12-11-04 13
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... KeithFan 12-10-04 4
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... strid333 12-10-04 5
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Krautboy 12-10-04 6
   RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... RyrieRae 12-10-04 7
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... emydi 12-10-04 8
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... greg2557 12-10-04 9
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... alwaysintruble1 12-10-04 10
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Capn2patch 12-10-04 11
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... KObrien_fan 12-11-04 12
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... kingfish 12-11-04 14
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Flowerpower 12-12-04 15
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Jims02 12-12-04 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ShadyLady 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-10-04, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShadyLady Click to send private message to ShadyLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Fourteen"
DW,
Nice job! You are correct-not much to go on, but you wrapped it up nicely and gave us direction for searching further if that's what blows our gasket. Thanks for a great job.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-04, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Fourteen"
Woo and hoo, Dweezil! Excellent summation of, as you note, not very much. (Oh and thanks for mentioning me )

I like your sig-pic, but why does it have two s's? And do tell us why you are thankful to Bebo.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-04, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Fourteen"
It's an Ice Cat - you'd have to ask him. As for Bebo, well, she reminded me this morning that I was on tap for this SOTS. Which I had forgotten.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-04, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Blue....."
I hear you callin'....

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-04, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Fourteen"
Excellent job, especially with just 1 day!

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-10-04, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Fourteen"
Thanks for summarizing the crunch time so well.

I saw three ships come sailing in.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-04, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Fourteen"
Thanks DW...you work well under pressure. Impressive, given the tight time frame.

Thanks.

Krautboy

RyrieRae 416 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-10-04, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RyrieRae Click to send private message to RyrieRae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Fourteen"
As little information given, this actually gives us a lot to work with... good job.

So, you don't see the possibilty of a Chris/Eliza final 2?

I definetly agree that Scout goes at 4. Her appearance in Epiisode 13 was minimal-to-nonexistent, and this follows the popular confessional analyses. This also must mean that Eliza wins F4 immunity, as we have seen that Chris has his mind made up about which F3 alliance he will stick with. Chris, Scout, and Twila will be on the chopping block, and of these three, I see Chris and twila teaming up most likely.

I can see a Twila/Chris Final 2 if Twila wins Final Immunity, but If Eliza wins Final Immunity, I believe she will take Chris. I simply do not see Eliza and twila in the Final 2 together, nor do I see Chris winning Final Immunity.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-04, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Fourteen"
Great SOTS Dweeze!!

greg2557 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-10-04, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greg2557 Click to send private message to greg2557 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Fourteen"
Very Nice.Hopefully we get a little more to go on by sunday.

alwaysintruble1 2878 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-04, 10:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alwaysintruble1 Click to send private message to alwaysintruble1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Fourteen"
Great STOS on short notice DW. Lets hope we get a little more to go on before Sunday.

Holliday wishes from Alwaysintruble, created generously by Syren

Capn2patch 2785 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-04, 11:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Capn2patch Click to send private message to Capn2patch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Fourteen"
Thanks for doing this DWeeze. Impressive job on such short notice.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-04, 01:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Fourteen"
Thanks for the SOTS Dweeze, short weeks are tough.

2004 ASS Trivia Champ

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-04, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Fourteen"
Nice job.

I will post my final prediction after the next episode, be sure and tune in.

I agree with your first list, except that I would switch 4 and 2.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-04, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Fourteen"
Just wanted to give a thanks, DW! Great SOTS with not much to go on!

fp

...I think option B is the one....Go Chris!

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-04, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Fourteen"
Great job with the SOTS! The Finale *is* tough since we have so little to go with.

Thanks for the shout-out about the Twila edit.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •