The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Twila v. Julie"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-10-04, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Twila v. Julie"
Did Twila purposely go back into the hut during the IC, delaying Julie and causing her to lose the IC?

Julie had to wait for Twila. Twila came out and saw Julie waiting, then ran back into the hut. She may have just gone back to dump the puzzle back into the box, but she may have done that solely to delay Julie just enough for Eliza to win.

So was it a delaying tactic?

Handcrafted by Rolly - ain't it cool!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Twila v. Julie pmspml5 12-10-04 1
 Of course.... emydi 12-10-04 2
   RE: Of course.... PepeLePew13 12-10-04 4
       RE: Of course.... Devious Weasel 12-10-04 5
           RE: Of course.... PepeLePew13 12-10-04 7
               RE: Of course.... Devious Weasel 12-10-04 8
                   RE: Of course.... Devious Weasel 12-10-04 9
                       RE: Of course.... emydi 12-10-04 10
                           RE: Of course.... Devious Weasel 12-10-04 11
                               RE: Of course.... emydi 12-10-04 12
                                   RE: Of course.... Devious Weasel 12-10-04 13
                                       RE: Of course.... emydi 12-10-04 14
                       actually... arturbars 12-10-04 15
                           RE: actually... Devious Weasel 12-10-04 17
       RE: Of course.... emydi 12-10-04 6
 RE: Twila v. Julie JohnMc 12-10-04 3
 RE: Twila v. Julie Loquatrix 12-10-04 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-10-04, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Twila v. Julie"
I dont think it was on purpose - they were suppose to close the box with the puzzle so the next person had to put it back together again. In the middle of the challenge like that I'd find it hard to believe she was do something like that on purpose.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-04, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Of course...."
it was Boner...she knew she was gone if Julie won so she did what she did (and had every right to do) to stay in the game...I have no problem with it. Julie wasn't going to vote for Twila in F2 anyway so what did Twila have to lose?

BUT..the fact that EPMB showed it just adds fuel to the "Twila is out at F4" fire though.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-04, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Of course...."
The problem is that Twila had just spent a few moments in the question booth with the curtain closed, so how would she have known that Julie was there?

IMHO, she honestly forgot to put the question away -- but when she saw Julie, she remembered she had to cover up the question and was inspired to go back to slow her down or was perhaps reminded by the cameraman/producer that the question had to be covered up so she went back.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-04, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Of course...."
Yeah, but we didn't see anyone else reminded to go back even though Chris and Eliza kept leaving and leaving the puzzle intact.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-04, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Of course...."
Thanks for clarifying that for me -- I couldn't recall if anyone else had been shown going back and/or leaving a question open.

If it were me in the game, I'd have "forcefully" thrown the thing back so hard that the question pieces went flying onto the ground. Ooops. Let the others pick it up for themselves and waste a few extra seconds. *snicker*

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

12-10-04, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Of course...."
I think Julie was so close only because Eliza kept leaving the puzzle's together.

12-10-04, 12:55 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Of course...."
And, having said that, could that have been Eliza's intention?

12-10-04, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Of course...."
Why to help Julie out? so she could go on the "auction" block? Chris would have just replaced Eliza's name..for him E/J are interchangeable...he wants to go to F3 with T and S.

I think it was just in her rush to get the next one, she just ran out as soon as she got the white tusk.

Remember, never ever throw an immunity challenge...WORST.STRATEGY.EVER.

12-10-04, 02:31 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Of course...."
No, so that if she didn't win, Twila or Scout wouldn't. At that point, she still felt confident in Chris.

12-10-04, 03:35 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Of course...."
But wouldn't keeping the questions together help Twila and Scout win also?

Am I misunderstanding

12-10-04, 03:44 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Of course...."
There are certainly flaws with the theory.

12-10-04, 03:57 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Of course...."
LAST EDITED ON 12-10-04 AT 03:58 PM (EST)

As did my Chad getting to F2 theory

arturbars 605 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-10-04, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arturbars Click to send private message to arturbars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "actually..."
I think Eliza was one of the only ones that made sure to close the puzzle after she was done... I think Twila did it on purpose - if it was Scout or Chris out there waiting she would not go back in to do it...

12-10-04, 04:23 PM (EST)
17. "RE: actually..."
Nope - Eliza left every puzzle in tact as she left.

12-10-04, 12:44 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Of course...."
Pepe, I too think it was only after she came out and saw Julie that she remembered to go back in...she would not have done that if it was Chris or Scout. IMO she would have probably done it too if it was Eliza, but definitely Julie.

I really do think it was shown to make Twila look even more negatively...at least that's what the people I was watching with (not spoilers) thought about Twila after that display

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-10-04, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Twila v. Julie"
You could see it either way. May have been a delay tactic to keep Julie from winning, or may have just been the rule.

(Plus, had she left the puzzle up, that would have made it faster for Julie to solve. Why would she want to do that, regardless?!)

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-10-04, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Twila v. Julie"
The way it played out, for me, was like this:

Twila, in her haste to try to win the challenge, forgets to close the puzzle box. However, seeing another competitor waiting outside the booth is a dramatic reminder of the good sense (if not actual game rule) in closing the puzzle box so as not to give another competitor an advantage.

I think Twila would have behaved exactly the same way no matter which other competitor was standing there. The fact that it was Julie in particular, and the fact that we all knew Julie was on the chopping block, simply leaves us with the impression that Twila's action re: the box lid was that much more deliberate and intentional a Julie-delaying tactic than it actually was.

Of course I have no doubt at all that EPMB would have been delighted that Villain Twila and Chopping Block Julie were the two competitors concerned! I had the impression that several other times, people forgot to close the box lid and forgot also to go back and fix it. Showing us these two particular characters in the act just made for extra-good TV considering the overall game circumstances.

It also underlines that Twila is wily and has her head in the game. Good work on that one, Twila.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •