The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 7"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

ssshaw 548 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-18-04, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ssshaw Click to send private message to ssshaw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 7"
I'll say right off that I am really pissed off today.

First, I found out I have to head back to college tomorrow. Then, last night, my favorite team, Charla/Mirna were eliminated. It just keeps getting worse and worse.

Oh well, here are the choices:

1. Colin/Christie take three other teams with them to Swiss Air and book flights without looking for other options.

2. In Bahrain, Charla/Mirna and Linda/Karen, in an effort to get away from the other teams, get tickets to Nairobi via Dubai. When they get to Dubai, they find out that their flight has been delayed, and they are now behind the other teams instead of ahead of them.

3. Brandon/Nicole and Kami/Karli get on a bus to a town 17 miles away that charges them over a hundred bucks for the ride. On top of that, the bus runs out of gas.

4. Brandon/Nicole choose the Busy detour, but Brandon ends up doing it himself because Nicole won't lift a finger. They are passed by the Bowling Moms.

5. Colin does the roadblock but has a lot of trouble getting the ostrich egg down. His team gets passed by Chip/Kim.

Somebody else take over next week because I won't be able to do it.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 #3 ARnutz 08-18-04 1
 #3 realitybites 08-18-04 2
 #3 StarryLuna 08-18-04 3
 Three Molaholic 08-18-04 4
 #3 qwertypie 08-18-04 5
 #3 dajaki 08-18-04 6
   RE: #3 tarfanINDIA 08-22-04 17
 #3 memacmur 08-18-04 7
 three newsomewayne 08-18-04 8
   Aside FFantasyFX 08-18-04 10
 3 Pensha26 08-18-04 9
 Option Three FFantasyFX 08-18-04 11
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... Oscirus 08-19-04 12
   oops #3 Oscirus 08-20-04 15
 3 gatortod 08-19-04 13
 # 1 PepeLePew13 08-19-04 14
   agree, #1 I_AM_HE 08-20-04 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-18-04, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "#3"
This was a very bad move!! Luckily, it didn't hurt them too much.

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-18-04, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "#3"
The worst of a pretty bad bunch.

"This is realitybites and I approved this post."

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-18-04, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "#3"
Lots of bad moves, but 3 seems the worse by far.

Slice'n'Dice circa 2004
Searching for Jillian Barberie since 2004.

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-04, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Three"

1. Colin/Christie take three other teams with them to Swiss Air and book flights without looking for other options.
Since they were amazingly able to get on the Cousin/BM's flight anyway, this didn't matter. Just an example of Colin/Christie's war with Mirna/Charla.

2. In Bahrain, Charla/Mirna and Linda/Karen, in an effort to get away from the other teams, get tickets to Nairobi via Dubai. When they get to Dubai, they find out that their flight has been delayed, and they are now behind the other teams instead of ahead of them.
Like anything else involving flights in Africa, it's a crap-shoot on departures/arrivals (especially when Brother Bruckheimer is involved).

3. Brandon/Nicole and Kami/Karli get on a bus to a town 17 miles away that charges them over a hundred bucks for the ride. On top of that, the bus runs out of gas.
Actually, I thought it was 70 miles. But this is definately the NSM for the week. Brandon's karma kicks him in the tookas by giving him the Driver From H-E-Double Hockey Sticks. (Even though the Cousin's/Mom's <<potty break>> was close, too)

4. Brandon/Nicole choose the Busy detour, but Brandon ends up doing it himself because Nicole won't lift a finger. They are passed by the Bowling Moms.
Nicole, lift a finger? Only to get that diamond, baby.

5. Colin does the roadblock but has a lot of trouble getting the ostrich egg down. His team gets passed by Chip/Kim.
Actually a good move, because if Christie would have done the roadblock, we'd still have Team Oompa Loompa with us. Phil would have had to make a second consecutive trip to "the course" to eliminate Colin and the egg-susted Christie.

A.S.S. PTB Red Points CONSOLATION winner
sigpic a GeorgiaBelle creation MMIV

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-04, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "#3"
Almost went with #2
#3 to me just seems like bad luck, #2 could have been MUCH MUCH worse. (I am always nervous about making connections through 'minor' airports), but looking back on it, KK and BN didn't handle the situation well by offering them so much money off the bat to leave early. Should have jumped out of the window.
Lot of Dumb A$$ moves in this episode.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-18-04, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "#3"
I think that the NSMotW was Charla turning the cart around to avoid the mud puddle that the BMs powered through. But, of the choices listed, I've got to go with #3. Though this mistake didn't cost B&N or K&K the race tonight, it may cost them later when they don't have cash reserves to fall back on. Many teams have been eliminated when they felt they had to save money by taking a bus rather than a cab. I see this scenario in their future.

tarfanINDIA 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-22-04, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tarfanINDIA Click to send private message to tarfanINDIA Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: #3"
>I think that the NSMotW was
>Charla turning the cart around
>to avoid the mud puddle
>that the BMs powered through.

I agree with you 100%

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-18-04, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "#3"
It didn't lead to elimination this week, but is just plain stupid for so many reasons.

1. They show up clearly showing agitation and a desire to get to their location as fast as possible. As such, Mr. Bus Driver (wearing a t-shirt bearing the city of Calgary's name on it and a hat with a red maple leaf BTW) sees a foursome of easy American 'marks'. Rate suddenly goes up astronomically. Rather than negotiatie while off the bus, they for some reason try to do it on the bus. D'uh. Could have walked away and found another bus. I'm guessing that if you offered another bus driver $10.00 each, you'd get them to reschedule their current run for the extra money. Sad (poverty being what it is), but true.

2. They (Brandon/Nicole specifically) waste even more time arguing once they arrive. They've already wasted more money than they received for this leg, the least they could do is accept their losses and get moving. But no. They may have God on their side, but they sure aren't acting like saints.

3. They've now potentially lost a chance at starting earlier (although this frequently doesn't really matter), and they've certainly burned through a lot of cash. All of this could end up costing them (or at least make life more difficult) in subsequent legs...

MEmacmur

newsomewayne 9353 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-04, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "three"
Of the listed choices I pick the whole "bus trip" scenario as the not-so-move of the week.
However, my personal choice would be for K&K,B&N,BM's, and especially C&M not choosing the bees option of the detour. They all four knew how close they were to each other at this point. The bees was obviously a faster choice. It would take, what, five minutes, while the chair derby probably cost each team 1/2 to 1 hour. I know the African bees are a little more dangerous than your standard bee, but come on. I highly doubt CBS would put its players in a situation where the chance of survival is less than 50%. If C&M had chosen this option, I'm sure it would be K&K going home, not them.

FFantasyFX 1028 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-04, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Aside"
I really wonder how much faster the bee option would have been. First thing you have to consider is that the teams would still have to locate the challenge area. We have no idea how out of the way that location was.

Second, one of the things that people rarely calculate when looking at the challenges is the prep time. In Russia, the hockey challenge took longer than the drinking challenge not because of any inherent difficulty, but mostly due to the prep time of getting suited up in the full hockey gear. For the bee challenge, the contestants would have had to take the time to get suited up as well.

Finally, since no team opted for the detour, we really can't be positive that the task wouldn't have entailed any unforseen difficulties.

Having said all that, my hunch still is that the honey option would have been faster, but not by as much as one would expect.

Pensha26 772 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-18-04, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pensha26 Click to send private message to Pensha26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "3"
is the winner here.

FFantasyFX 1028 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-04, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Option Three"
For the reasons already stated above.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-19-04, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 7"
LAST EDITED ON 08-20-04 AT 10:36 AM (EST)

1-They recovered quickly enough for it not to be a problem
2-That was a smart move that just backfired when their plane delayed
3-definately the pick the actual amount was 120 dollars which was 115 more than the two teams on the first bus payed.
4-Thats not a bad move just laziness
5-finished in second won't fault them for that

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-20-04, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "oops #3"
my bad

gatortod 244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-19-04, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gatortod Click to send private message to gatortod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "3"
The one that affected the Philemination was probably number 2. Another post suggested that going around the mud puddle cost Mirna and Charla the race.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-04, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "# 1"

>1. Colin/Christie take three other teams
>with them to Swiss Air
>and book flights without looking
>for other options.

That was a potentially stupid move that could very easily have caused one of these teams to be eliminated if they didn't find out that Charla/Mirna had booked a better flight plan. If C/C were smug enough to think they had done enough, they would have raised the ire of one of the other teams in their group for causing an "ally" to get booted and kept C/M and L/K in the game.

#3 was a case where B/N and K/K had their backs to the wall -- would they have been able to get another bus and how long would they have to wait for the next one? Better to pay extra and play it safe to get there earlier than to risk waiting too long for another bus and get booted.

>Somebody else take over next week
>because I won't be able to do it.

I'd be glad to help out if you need someone.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-04, 08:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "agree, #1"
#3 cost them money, and a small bit of time, but it didn't affect the outcome

#1 could have been very deadly, and was just a dumb, DUMB move.

#2 is also right up there, in that it probably DID cause C/M to be eliminated, but sometimes you've got to take risks in the game, unless you want to K/K the whole way. so while its consequences were bigger, it was more bad luck, and certainly wasn't as stupid as buying the first ticket you see, therefore it gets 2nd

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •