The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"State of the Spoiling, Episode Thirteen"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Gothmog 2886 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-07-04, 00:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Gothmog Click to send private message to Gothmog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"State of the Spoiling, Episode Thirteen"

State of the Spoiling
Episode Thirteen

As we head into the final week of Survivor 9, let's review where we stand.

Last time on Survivor
After a physical water challenge, Eliza won a car, and was joined by Ami and Chris for food and a shower. Immunity Challenge involved playing air-hockey on a map of Vanuatu, and Chris won when Ami had to go puck herself. To almost no-one’s surprise, at Tribal Council Ami had a house land on her was voted out. For a complete refresher, check out last week’s East Coast Update Thread. Furthermore, you might be interested in past history regarding the Curse of the Car Winner. Does this spell doom for Eliza? Could Eliza spell doom if she were given the first three letters? Only time will tell.

Episode Title: Eruption of Volcanic magnitude.
This title could be metaphoric, foreshadowing a blow-up at camp. The See-BS Misdirection refers to “alienation” “tempers flaring” “an altercation erupts” and a “divided camp.” The previews show Twila getting defensive for lying after she swore by her son:

Clearly people at camp are on edge:

Most likely, though, the title refers to two people literally on the edge....of a volcano:

More on the volcano visit below.

Reward Challenge
This is a SuperChallenge consisting of segments of previous challenges. From the following diagram (thanks to Garbotalk at Sucks), we can tell that it will be run in elimination stages, rather than with everyone over the entire course:

How do the survivors fare? Let's look at the visual evidence. Here’s Eliza trying to catch a pig:

while Twila and Chris struggle with the tiki puzzle:

And Julie takes aim with the slingshot:

Therefore, Scout's name must be written in Mud, and Eliza is definitely not living high off the Hog. This shot seems to be of Julie and Twila on the balance beam, meaning Chris is left Puzzlin':

So which of the two wins reward? Well, the reward involves two people taking a trip to a live volcano. Since both return, however, we can only assume that neither is a virgin. What does that tell us? Nothing really, it was just an easy joke. But that aside, let’s take another look at the volcano photo:

The person on the right almost certainly seems to be Julie, although I know some will disagree with this. The evidence for me, as KOBrien_fan pointed out, is the strap on the hat, which hangs out when Julie wears it, but not when Chris does, as you can see in these photos (courtesy of the Mess Hall):

Furthermore, we seem to see the hint of patches on her pants, just like those in this photo:

So, if Volcano Right is Julie, then who is Volcano Left? Cat (aka Sylvester) found this photo of Scout, which shows how long her denim shirt actually is:

Plus there might be rings on Volcano Left’s right hand, similar to those Scout wears. And the colors, in a blown up version, might be orange, the color of Scout’s shorts. However, I think it far more likely that it’s Chris—it matches his build, his clothes, his ponytail, the hint of a beard, and the reason for his being there in the first place: that Julie, who uses sex appeal as her strategy, would pick the last remaining male, and the person with whom she has already established a past relationship, as her compainion. In either case, if the person on the left is Scout or Chris, it must be Julie who picks them to go along, so Julie wins reward.

Immunity Challenge
This one is harder to call because we have less to work with. It appears to be some sort of story/search for answers, similar to a challenge from Marquesas. Whether they hear the story first or search for the clues is anybody’s guess. What we do know is no one will be able to match Rudy’s mantra of “I dunno” for sheer entertainment value.

Here’s the visual evidence: Eliza and Julie could be listening to a story here:

Note the bandage on Eliza’s hand—there are many theories as to what causes that, but the one I’m rooting for is that she was bitten by a pig.

Here we have two posts with “Scout” and “Twila” on them (and the IN seems to be behind Twila’s, confirming this as the Immunity Challenge):

Then there’s the curiously phrased “It Was” (a possible answer?):

The survivors seem to have to scramble for answers, or possibly scavaging for items, with their locations pinpointed by in this treatment, again courtesy of Katie O.

Julie might be in front of the cauldron rather than where marked, but the basic premise is the same—that the Survivors are looking for clues to something.

As to who might win this, the best possibilities seem to be Scout, who is known for her knowledge of Vanuatu lore, and Eliza, who has already demonstrated her good memory. Since there’s some running around involved, I’ll go for Eliza, although there’s not much to convincingly support this at this point.

For a full look at both the Challenges, including other theories that put Eliza or Twila at the edge of the volcano, check out the excellent theories debated in this thread.

Boot
Hmmmm. This is a tough one. Who could it be? Let’s look at the signs.
First there’s Veruca Salt’s top-notch analysis of the editing, which shows that Julie’s story has long since come to fruition. In fact, VS argues, EPMB had plenty of opportunity to highlight Julie last week and chose not to, which marks her for a F5 boot. (By the way, any would-be spoilers out there should take lessons from VS’s detailed observations and logical conclusions. You don’t need an Uncle Cameraman to give you a boot list when it’s all there in the show’s editing, if you look close enough.)
Krautboy’s Confessional Analysis shows us that Julie follows the typical pattern of being hidden before being booted. In fact, she’s almost so hidden that I’m sure some of you are surprised she’s still on the show.
Snewser, with a cryptic post at the bottom of this page seems to indicate that Julie is his pick for this week.
And, what seals it for me, Shakes has already told Julie Buh-Bye.

So. Our Conclusion? Why is this man smiling?

Because someone has a heart-on waiting for him at Loser Lodge.

To sum:
Reward: Julie, taking along Chris (or possibly Scout)
Immunity: Eliza, with Scout as a secondary choice
Boot: Julie

SOTS is provided by SurvivorBlows.com as a service to our readers. The purpose of this post is to consolidate the threads in the Spoiler Forum pertaining to this week's episode. Feel free to reply to this post if you feel that a theory you support was not adequately represented in this message... Please use this thread for unified discussion of all topics as we approach the next episode.

Sorry this is a little early, folks; I’m away for the next two days. I’ll update if needed Wed. night.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... TeamJoisey 12-07-04 1
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... DRONES 12-07-04 2
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... tribephyl 12-07-04 3
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... KObrien_fan 12-07-04 4
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Flowerpower 12-07-04 5
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... strid333 12-07-04 6
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... kingfish 12-07-04 7
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... forehead 12-07-04 8
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... sylvester 12-07-04 9
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... aethelstan 12-07-04 10
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... nailbone 12-07-04 11
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... emydi 12-07-04 12
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Capn2patch 12-07-04 13
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... seahorse 12-07-04 14
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Brownroach 12-07-04 15
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... ShadyLady 12-07-04 16
 More volcano evidence from VG forehead 12-07-04 17
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... alwaysintruble1 12-07-04 18
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... greg2557 12-08-04 19
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... VerucaSalt 12-08-04 20
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Scarlett O Hara 12-08-04 21
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... LookeeLoo 12-08-04 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-07-04, 00:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Thirteen"

Great job!

Love that twinkling smile on Jeffy.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

DRONES 615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-07-04, 02:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DRONES Click to send private message to DRONES Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Thirteen"
Great job

Come on ladies and gentlemen, It's o.k. to admit that you have a heart painted on your chest for Jify...A heart-on as it were lol.

DRONES

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-07-04, 03:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Thirteen"
Gothmog! That was hilarious!
And so imformative as well.
Pure Evil Genius!

PS: I loved the twinkle of jiffy's smile. grrrrr...
PPS: I'm not afraid to admit I have a heart-on for JP.
PPPS: I loved having the SOTS early.

Sn'DCS©MMIV
Need a gift idea? Check out my best-friends work

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-04, 06:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Thirteen"
Very nice Goth, I think it is fine that this one is early since so much has already been spoiled. Thanks for doing this!

2004 ASS Trivia Champ

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-04, 07:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Thirteen"
It doesn't get any better than this, Gothmog! Great SOTS, I was roaring at your humor! Very concise, to the point, and chocked full of humor that was really enjoyed!

Thanks, Fp

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-04, 07:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Thirteen"
Very good SOTS! I guess I'll be writing Julie's name down, then.

I saw three ships come sailing in.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-04, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Thirteen"
Very nice G. It started with an internal smile, then a chuckle and a grin, then a guffaw, then a belly laugh, finally I was slip slobbering can't catch my breath laughing myself into a faint.

Nice. Thanks for that.

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-07-04, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Thirteen"
Wow, outstanding SOTS! Great incorporation of the remaining debate - who does Julie bring for reward.

Thanks,
forehead

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-07-04, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Thirteen"
Great SOTS Gothmog! I loved it, thank you!

Call me Cat!

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-07-04, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Thirteen"
Ha ha. Very punny!

Love it.

©Kittyloaf Creations, 2003
Pessimist: Things couldn't possibly be any worse. Optimist: Oh yes they could

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-04, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Thirteen"
LAST EDITED ON 12-07-04 AT 10:16 AM (EST)

Nice job, GM!! I REALLY don't want Julie to go this week though, but thanks for the parting shot of her oobies <click>. Can't wait to see her in Stuff.

And this?

So which of the two wins reward? Well, the reward involves two people taking a trip to a live volcano. Since both return, however, we can only assume that neither is a virgin. What does that tell us? Nothing really, it was just an easy joke.

This is greatness.

Handcrafted by Rolly - ain't it cool!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-04, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Thirteen"
GREAT SOTS GOTH!!!

Thanks for including Rudy's "I dunno"~~my fave challenge

Capn2patch 2785 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-04, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Capn2patch Click to send private message to Capn2patch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Thirteen"
Nice recap GM. Appreciate it, thanks.

Can you hear it? It’s a Syren!
For your efforts? Fresh coal!!

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-04, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Thirteen"
Outstanding job, Goth.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-04, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Thirteen"
Another brilliant, hilarious SOTS -- great job, Gothmog! (And I agree with your challenge picks. )

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

ShadyLady 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-07-04, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShadyLady Click to send private message to ShadyLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Thirteen"
So very well done, Gothmog!! You had me laughing out loud. There was so much speculation out there and you put it all in order in an entertaining way. Thanks for the hard work.

(I carry a torch for Jeff and I'm not afraid to say it)

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-07-04, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "More volcano evidence from VG"
VolcanicGlass is a genius. Check out this link posted at MESS, in Gothmog terminology, "Volcano Left" has a beard...

alwaysintruble1 2878 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-04, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alwaysintruble1 Click to send private message to alwaysintruble1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Thirteen"
Great STOS Gothmog!! I'm glad you did it early, made it easier for me to get caught back up after being gone myself for a few days.

Holliday wishes from Alwaysintruble, created generously by Syren

greg2557 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-08-04, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail greg2557 Click to send private message to greg2557 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Thirteen"
Very well done.This is almost as much fun as watching the show.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-08-04, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Thirteen"
An excellent job Gothmog, the SOTS never cease to impress me

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-08-04, 10:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Thirteen"
Gothmog! Great job! I enjoyed it and it was concise and to the point! Plus, I agree with everything you said! I also have to give a special nod of thanks to Forehead for clearing the big mystery up for us ... the identity of "Volcano Left" has finally been determined -- it's Chris! Thanks!

Scarlett

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-08-04, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LookeeLoo Click to send private message to LookeeLoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode Thirteen"
Great SOTS, Mog! Love the laughs it gave me, as well as the detail. Liked the "hearts-on" pic the best.

A Gothmog Original 2004

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •