The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What do you think of Meredith as the Bachelorette?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

minkey 231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-07-04, 10:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minkey Click to send private message to minkey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What do you think of Meredith as the Bachelorette?"
There was heated debate in this forum before the show aired questioning Meredith being pretty enough, interesting enough etc., to be the Bachelorette. I was in the minority who supported her and thought she was fabulous from her days on the Bachelor. I think she's coming through with style, grace, humor, elegance, beauty and more... WHILE being true to herself by not being overly made-up or wearing overly revealing outfits. What do you all think?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What do you think of Meredith a... Chrissy gal 02-07-04 1
   RE: What do you think of Meredith a... missygirl3 02-08-04 2
   RE: What do you think of Meredith a... TDeniseS 02-10-04 13
   RE: What do you think of Meredith a... Fraz 02-11-04 18
 RE: What do you think of Meredith a... AMAI 02-08-04 3
 RE: What do you think of Meredith a... olTexMs 02-08-04 4
   RE: What do you think of Meredith a... Chrissy gal 02-08-04 5
 RE: What do you think of Meredith a... ValleyGirl 02-08-04 6
 RE: What do you think of Meredith a... minkey 02-08-04 7
   RE: What do you think of Meredith a... Poncho 02-10-04 10
 RE: What do you think of Meredith a... djandy 02-09-04 8
 RE: What do you think of Meredith a... tig_ger 02-09-04 9
   RE: What do you think of Meredith a... buckeyegirl 02-10-04 11
       RE: What do you think of Meredith a... minkey 02-10-04 12
           RE: What do you think of Meredith a... kelli_blue 02-10-04 14
       RE: What do you think of Meredith a... commentator 02-11-04 17
           RE: What do you think of Meredith a... Chrissy gal 02-11-04 19
               RE: What do you think of Meredith a... commentator 02-12-04 21
 RE: What do you think of Meredith a... QC 02-10-04 15
   RE: What do you think of Meredith a... Shereebie 02-11-04 16
 RE: What do you think of Meredith a... littlemisssmartypants 02-12-04 20
   RE: What do you think of Meredith a... minkey 02-12-04 22
       RE: What do you think of Meredith a... littlemisssmartypants 02-12-04 23
           RE: What do you think of Meredith a... Gina99 02-12-04 24
           RE: What do you think of Meredith a... minkey 02-12-04 25
 RE: What do you think of Meredith a... rilond 02-13-04 26
 RE: What do you think of Meredith a... lennon29 02-13-04 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-07-04, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What do you think of Meredith as the Bachelorette?"
I only decided to watch this edition of The Bachelorette because I wanted to see if I would end up hating Meredith the same way I ended up hating Bob. Well, I don't feel the need to bash Meredith, so she is doing well in that department.

BUT... she is pretty boring and she seems emotionally removed, so she isn't really a great Bachelorette.

missygirl3 541 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-08-04, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail missygirl3 Click to send private message to missygirl3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What do you think of Meredith as the Bachelorette?"
I think that she is doing OK, But I like her far better than the queen of media whoring(Trista). I think Meredith herself is great. I really liked her on the Bachelor. She is just not as emotional as some other people have been.

TDeniseS 106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-10-04, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TDeniseS Click to send private message to TDeniseS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: What do you think of Meredith as the Bachelorette?"
>BUT... she is pretty boring and
>she seems emotionally removed, so
>she isn't really a great
>Bachelorette.
>

I think Meridith is just "okay" as the Bachelorette. My DH keeps asking me what is so great about Meredith, he thinks she's an average Jane.... at best. I keep waiting for things to heat up.... and I keep feeling somewhat disappointed. Although I must admit to being mildly amused by the "disgruntled" rejected suitors.... and even more bewildered by all the gay guys in her group (thank goodness, they have been eliminated...jury still out on Ian). IMHO, the guys are not as "hot" as the Bachelors Trista had to choose from (I hope she gets over herself soon poor Ryan...I feel sorry for him). I will keep watching since there are only a couple of shows left..........but next time I hope they choose a new girl and guy to be the Bachelorette and Bachelor.... this reject thing is getting old.

Fraz 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-11-04, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fraz Click to send private message to Fraz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: What do you think of Meredith as the Bachelorette?"
I've only been watching the Bach/Bachelorette shows since Andrew Firestone, so I can't compare Meredith to Trista.

I like Meredith because she seems to laugh a lot.

I've also noticed that the men are holding back in the smooching department. It could be this is a shy bunch of guys? Or maybe they respect women more than good-old-Bob? Or they don't want to climb all over her until they are more secure in her affections.

Did the guys lunge at Trista for liplock time?

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-04, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What do you think of Meredith as the Bachelorette?"
I think she hasn't been too emotional partly because she is most interested in Ian, who as we know hasn't exactly flamed the emotional fires. He has piqued her interest, but his reticence to provide too many details on his own emotions has helped to keep hers in check.

She's been fun, outgoing, vivacious, but she isn't going to commit to one of the other guys until she decides to boot Ian. And a lot of the other guys don't really seem right for her.

I think if she had to pick a Final 2 today, her choices would be Matt and Ian.

But there are still two much more intimate dates in which to find out for sure if those are the Final Two guys, and for her to figure out WHAT to ask of each man, in order to be certain he's NOT the right one.

Chad being unemployed = probably not getting to Final 3

Lanny's Mom being overbearing, plus the city/country thing and we should soon hear more about his religious side - could mean he'll get to Final 3, but not Final 2.

Anyway, I am enjoying the show, but if Ian gets turfed out before Final 2, a lot of my interest will evaporate.

olTexMs 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-08-04, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail olTexMs Click to send private message to olTexMs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What do you think of Meredith as the Bachelorette?"
I liked her at first, now I don't. Not because of her looks (or lack of) but because of the way she is dealing with the guys. She tells each one they are special and proceeds to do some heavy duty making out with them. She especially likes locking legs, a very intimate gesture. Now all the guys are sure she is madly in love with them until she broadsides them at the rose ceremony. Thats why there is so much confusion and anger this season. It's not the guys being delusional about a connection. She is "connecting" with everyone. Ian was stunned when she confronted him about "holding something back" and not being serious enough. When they had their date he explained he would not rush the relationship and she completely agreed with him. Now she is acting as if that conversation never took place.

02-08-04, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What do you think of Meredith as the Bachelorette?"
She especially likes locking legs, a very intimate gesture.

You hit that right on the head!! Did you notice that she actually had her legs wrapped around Lanny when they were on the couch?

ValleyGirl 377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-08-04, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ValleyGirl Click to send private message to ValleyGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What do you think of Meredith as the Bachelorette?"
At first, I really liked Meredith and thought she was doing a great job as the new Bachelorette, but now she has confused me
by alot of mixed messages she has been giving to the guys. She seems to tell them she really likes them and enjoys being with them when they are together and then blows them away at the RC.
No wonder some of the guys are overreacting after the RC is over.
Valley Girl
member Team MadDog-ASS PTB

02-08-04, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minkey Click to send private message to minkey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: What do you think of Meredith as the Bachelorette?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-08-04 AT 02:17 PM (EST)

I think Meredith is sincere. I think she is appreciating these men and treating each one as a potential husband. That is what the show is about. In the moment, you can see on her face that she really likes someone - which doesn't necessarily mean that they're right for her. If she has been positive to a man who she later dismisses (due to the weeding process), hurting them; their egos' might be reading too much into things. Also, I haven't seen her making out, with legs and all, with anyone she wasn't truly into. Ryan M. didn't get a passionate kiss that I saw. She did kiss Rick when she was into him, but later made things clear when she wasn't. Only the men who she spent little time with and had little to go on, didn't see the chopping block coming. Some didn't WANT to see it coming. Ryan R. knew things had changed, but blamed others.

About Ian - she hadn't had a chance to speak with him before she did. What concerned her about him was the obvious affections and intentions of the other men on the one on one dates, which he hadn't shown. Later, she began to question him. (I bet they end up together, anyway.) In other words, she had something to compare their date to.

Is there a double standard because she's female?? I don't see her as a ho'.

I don't find her boring, either. (Then again, I'm probably boring, staying home with a one year old! )

Food for thought,
Mink-o-dink

Poncho 787 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-10-04, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Poncho Click to send private message to Poncho Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: What do you think of Meredith as the Bachelorette?"
>I think Meredith is sincere.
>I think she is appreciating
>these men and treating each
>one as a potential husband.
> That is what the
>show is about.
>Is there a double standard because
>she's female?? I don't
>see her as a ho'.

>I don't find her boring, either.

Mink-o-dink I totally agree with everything you have said!! I like Meredith and I think she is doing a great job. Bob was an embarrasment to the show.

Poncho

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-09-04, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: What do you think of Meredith as the Bachelorette?"
I think Meredith is doing a good job, and is much better than fake Trista. However, I would like to see more of her sarcastic and joking side, and less of her serious side. Part of the Bachelorette is keeping a straight face so that she doesn't give away her choice(s), but I'd still like to see a bit more emotion in the one-on-one dates. But overall I think she is classy and not your average reality t.v. bimbo.

djandy

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-09-04, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tig_ger Click to send private message to tig_ger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: What do you think of Meredith as the Bachelorette?"
I think Meredith is beautiful in an understated way. I can appreciate that she doesn't wear overly revealing outfits. However, I don't think she picks outfits that fit her well, and she wears multiple styles without really having a signature look. But, how she looks is not as important to me as how she acts.

I like the fact that she gives a lot of chances to some of the guys to come out of their shell. It's not like this Bachelorette is about who has the most outgoing personality. However, for me, she lacks a certain spark. She's just not interesting for me to watch.

A Kyngsladye Original

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-10-04, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: What do you think of Meredith as the Bachelorette?"
However, for me, she lacks a certain spark. She's just not interesting for me to watch....Tigger you hit the nail on the head! I agree completely with you. However, I think she is geniune, but there is just something missing from this whole show. Maybe it's because they did it back to back with the Bachelor. I know that it's sweeps month and all, but I would've like a little bit more a break between shows.

-enjoyed Trista as the Bachelorette a tad more, but then it again it could've just been Jamie, Charlie and Ryan blinding my vision...

02-10-04, 12:33 PM (EST)
12. "RE: What do you think of Meredith as the Bachelorette?"
I think the spark is there... It's just understated. I do think she's holding back a little, but that's her character. A good diva is fun, too - gotta love it - but I can go to other shows for that. Meredith is so genuine and I find that refreshing in the DAWed-out world of reality. Yes, things are a little slower than we're used to, but that may be the price we pay for elegance and class in this genre.

Wink-o-dink

I do find her clothes a little frumpy at times, but I'm pretty sure that the show has handlers that dress her.

kelli_blue 301 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-04, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kelli_blue Click to send private message to kelli_blue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: What do you think of Meredith as the Bachelorette?"
This is the first of all the Bachelor/Bachelorette shows that I haven't been faithfully watching. Meredith is OK, and I can't really say any negative things about her, I just don't think she's all that interesting.
Now if Kelly Jo had done the Bachelorette, I would have watched in an instant.

For whatever its worth, I do hope that Meredith picks a great guy who'll be true to her.

commentator 24 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail commentator Click to send private message to commentator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: What do you think of Meredith as the Bachelorette?"
Same here. I like Meredith, but she's not interesting. I think she's not very interesting because she's not too bright. She has difficulty choosing who she has a connection with and then makes poor judgment like choosing the first guy (can't remember his name) to be her one-on-one date and then deciding to boot him out in a later episode. Meredith is certainly an improvement on Trista because it's not all about her (make me puke). Nevertheless, M is kind of being a loser which is unappealing. It's as if she has to pursue the men. Are they truly all shy? or do they have an interest in M? I honestly don't see much enthusiasm on the part of the men for M. She's the one who asks to be kissed and is all over them. Maybe it's a result of Trista humiliating the guy who asked her for a kiss, but maybe not.

It's possible that the men aren't dazzled by M because she doesn't have much substance. Beyond the cuteness, nice smiles and her genuineness, what has she got? Not much - she's not interesting. Then you have men that aren't so hot equals bland show needing some kind of spark. It's too bad because I do like M. I agree that they should stop choosing the rejects from the previous bachelor to choose the bachelorette. It doesn't make for a good show.

02-11-04, 06:29 PM (EST)
19. "RE: What do you think of Meredith as the Bachelorette?"
Oh, commentator, I just love your post! It is so great when someone puts forth a different opinion and backs it up with examples. Bravo!!

This is not to say that I agree with everything you posted, but that I love the fact that you gave your honest opinion.

commentator 24 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-04, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail commentator Click to send private message to commentator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: What do you think of Meredith as the Bachelorette?"
Thanks Chrissy. I'm glad you enjoyed what I had to say

QC 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-10-04, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail QC Click to send private message to QC Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: What do you think of Meredith as the Bachelorette?"
I think Meredith is great! She is a natural beauty. I'm sure dating on TV is something none of us have experienced so give her a break! Plus, whatever you're being "allowed" to see is completely upto the network. Meredith is just a girl looking for something we all want, love. I'm still voting for Lanny! Religion is about morals which the world could use a little more of! And the way he just wanted to kick back with her in the chair, I'd wrap my legs around him too!

Shereebie 391 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Shereebie Click to send private message to Shereebie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: What do you think of Meredith as the Bachelorette?"
I adore her. I think she's gorgeous, easy going, comfortable in her own skin, and has a great sense of fun. I think she puts the guys at ease and makes each of them feel special. I couldn't watch Trista's entire season because she got on my nerves so bad, but I'm really enjoying this one.

littlemisssmartypants 477 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-12-04, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail littlemisssmartypants Click to send private message to littlemisssmartypants Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: What do you think of Meredith as the Bachelorette?"
I'm really enjoying Meredith. For me, I think it's because I identify more with her understated nature. Trista's babytalking just annoyed me. I think it's great that these shows include different kinds of attractive (although, they certainly failed with Bob, who grew less attractive as we got to know him).

I agree that she may not be the brightest bulb, though. I'd love for them to put a brilliant female scientist on the show, and watch the guys scramble to make conversation.

I also have not agreed with her choices AT ALL! She really let go all of the guys I would have chosen. The last to go was Sean, who we never got to know, but who I suspect had more to him than meets the eye.

I've mostly liked her clothes. But the purple velvet off-the-shoulder number was appalling. I think she's gaining weight, also. But I guess it would be easy to with all those fabulous meals and wine.

02-12-04, 02:25 PM (EST)
22. "RE: What do you think of Meredith as the Bachelorette?"
Sean was intriguing to me, too. I found him most attractive. I'm not sure about Meredith's intelligence. It's very hard for me to evaluate from the show. Wish I could talk to her. Smarty, I loved your comment about the female scientist. I'm imagining her conversing with Ryan R... His head explodes.

littlemisssmartypants 477 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-12-04, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail littlemisssmartypants Click to send private message to littlemisssmartypants Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: What do you think of Meredith as the Bachelorette?"
I'm imagining her
>conversing with Ryan R...
>His head explodes.

Poor dumb Ryan R.

Gina99 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-12-04, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gina99 Click to send private message to Gina99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: What do you think of Meredith as the Bachelorette?"
She actually bores me and I can't figure out why I keep coming back to watch. I guess it is the guys. My husband walked in the room while I was watching last week and after 5 minutes said 'She's a bore, isn't she?'

And I did notice that she likes to grab the legs, even in front of the families, and treat each guy as a boyfriend. I think she is trying to hard to make one of these guys a husband.

My favorite comment: 'There is a strong chance that my future husband is here, I am just not sure who he is' I think that sums her up quite well. ;)

02-12-04, 11:49 PM (EST)
25. "RE: What do you think of Meredith as the Bachelorette?"
But miraculously his mouth survives, marries an underwear model, and lives to 117. Even as his mouth is near death, it's emphatically explaining to anyone who'll listen that she was really into him and the explosion ruined everything.

Wink o dink

rilond 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-13-04, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rilond Click to send private message to rilond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: What do you think of Meredith as the Bachelorette?"
I just love Meredity as the Bachelorette. I am so happy that she was not picked by Bob. She was too good for him. She is classy has her head on straight and knows what she wants. She seems a bit confuseed with Ian. I truly feel that at the end she will (somehow) get what she wants. Remember, she will have unmonitored time with the person(s) she is kinda set. She can go to the producers and they will give her time.

lennon29 15 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-04, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lennon29 Click to send private message to lennon29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: What do you think of Meredith as the Bachelorette?"

I like her sooooo much better than Trista. Trista seemed really fake and I couldn't take that annoying little girl voice.

Meredith is cool and mellow.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •