The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A gift for Survivorerist"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cherberrie 1285 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-08-01, 07:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cherberrie Click to send private message to Cherberrie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A gift for Survivorerist"
While cruising around the net today, I found a wonderful gift for you, Survivorerist. I hope you enjoy it!

"There are two schools of thought when it comes to Amber. One says she is nothing but Jerri's charisma free toady, a vacant eyed lightweight who has slipped, remoralike, into the late rounds of the game.

The other school -- that is to say, the correct school -- posits that she is a charisma free, vacant eyed lightweight with a purpose. The strong willed naïf has in fact forged the canniest of strategies: quietly drift alongside the most menacing member of her tribe, reap the benefits of her abrasive host's Jerri mandering, and then drop out of sight when the rest of the food chain starts closing in.

It's a brilliant ploy, executed with the stealth of a double agent -- a supercute double agent. Her sweetly placid facial features, which she carefully frames with an array of pigtails, headbands, and braids, add to her patina of innocence. Amber? Why, she's just a harmless, malleable kid, a chocolate fetishist whose most interesting trait is that she revamps her coif in times of tension. She's Katie Holmes without the attitude. Look at her and you see your little sister. Or the girl next door. Or the high school cheerleader you secretly had a crush on but were afraid to talk to so you just spied on her through the telephoto lens of your camera. But I digress.

Consider this: Not only has Amber never had a vote cast against her, she's never even been discussed as a potential vote. And yet Amber constantly flirts with the poisonous politics of the game (she was the one who first singled Colby out for his fence jumping tendencies). That takes wiles. And she always stays close to the nexus of power (when Jerri succumbed to temptation and gave up the pole standing challenge for an ice cream cone, Amber quickly followed her meal ticket). That takes ambition. Simply put, pretty packaging aside, this is a player.

Most of all, Amber is the one person left who has the power to surprise. The Colbys, the Rodgers, even the Tinas and Elisabeths… we've seen those archetypes. But sweet, cipher-y Amber, now she represents potential. And did I mention she's supercute?"

Credits: http://www.ew.com/ew/survivor2/countdown/amber.html

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A gift for Survivorerist rdc 04-09-01 1
 RE: A gift for Survivorerist Survivorerist 04-09-01 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

rdc 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-09-01, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rdc Click to send private message to rdc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: A gift for Survivorerist"
>And did I mention she's
>supercute?"

Well, I don't know about the rest of your message, but I certainly agree with the last statement.

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-09-01, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: A gift for Survivorerist"
Why thank you Cher! I found it most interesting!

Survivorerist

**GO AMBER!**

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •