The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Eliza's Quote"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

RyrieRae 416 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-26-04, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RyrieRae Click to send private message to RyrieRae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Eliza's Quote"
"Everyone who has conspired against me gets voted out and I am still here."

I originally read this in the Surviver Insider Transcript as her quote when she voted for Chris. I thought it was interesting because it was true and ironic. But I didn't consider it spoilerish until they edited in her saying it in last night's episode...

An then BAM! It happened once again. As we saw, Leann was the true brains behind the alliance, and when Eliza was targeted by her, she became the next victim.

Is there something to this? Can we expect more of this "Eliza Curse" to appear close and closer to the end? Perhaps carrying her Final 2, as everyone tries to oust her, and ends up falling prey to this strange anomoly?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Eliza's Quote smokedog 11-26-04 1
   Chris's quote pinchy 11-26-04 2
       RE: Chris's quote Cathy the Canadian 11-26-04 3
 The OmegaWOman tribephyl 11-27-04 4
   RE: The OmegaWOman Loquatrix 11-27-04 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-26-04, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Eliza's Quote"
Eliza may make the final 2, but only because the other finalist WANTS to sit beside her in front of the jury.

pinchy 200 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-26-04, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinchy Click to send private message to pinchy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Chris's quote"
Back when there were two tribes (after the swap), I seem to remember Chris saying something like: "I've got final 2 alliances going with everybody except TWILA"... I think Twila and Chris are final 2.

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-26-04, 10:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Chris's quote"
Twila certainly showed us with the totem pole challenge that she can handle the final 3 endurance IC.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-27-04, 04:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "The OmegaWOman"
Eliza: "Everyone who has conspired against me gets voted out and I am still here."

And then BAM! It happened once again. Is there something to this?

Can we expect more of this "Eliza Curse" to appear close and closer to the end? Perhaps carrying her Final 2, as everyone tries to oust her, and ends up falling prey to this strange anomoly?

Eliza seems to be the full-fledged variety "Omega Woman". The Anti-A-type.
By that I mean, there are groups of individuals who play "parts" in most hierarchal societies. Usually labeled in an Alpha -to- Omega standard.
We all know the Alpha / A-Type well. It is what MB has said his search for cast members is all about. Lots of his "characters" are Alphas.
We also have seen nearwards 20some Beta-type personalities. (3 just to make you think: Nick / Stephanie / Jessie) For MB, who had high hopes, but were just a let down. We felt it too.

NOW, to have a character, so reviled by her tribemates "openly" and used to the extent that Eliza has been used. It makes me harken on "WolfPack Societies".
The part of the Omega Individual is a very (stress "very") important part in the packs survival.
Yes I said survival.
In these social traditions the "Omega" is always the last to eat. Always the "butt" of the joke. Always the "punching bag" for unreleased anger. AND Always has a whole "tribe" watching (and by consequence, protecting) them.

Eliza has been portrayed as the "underdog" from the very beginning. She takes the criticism from absolutely everyone and yet, as she has noted, she seems to survive every single tribal council. I dare say this is because she is the one that all of the Game of Survivor "players" have decided would make the ultimate F2 partner.
Well at least Ami, Twila and Chris.

Scout would be wise to shut her mouth about Eliza.

Sn'DCS©MMIV

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-27-04, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The OmegaWOman"
I have Eliza characterized as the "annoying puppy" in my mind, which seems to fit in with your theory, tribe. Everybody jabs their toe at her from time to time, but she's perceived as an annoyance rather than a threat.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •