The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Leah - what do you think?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

RealityAddict 327 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-17-04, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityAddict Click to send private message to RealityAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Leah - what do you think?"
I could not stand her in the beginning, but now I sort of feel sorry for Leah. I do NOT think she is good enough for AI...and I have seen that she can be bratty...BUT, I feel a little sorry for her b/c it seems her Mom is totally pushy and over-bearing. Her Mom is the one who was rehearsing with Leah's group as if she was an AI contestant herself(during the group performances prior to America being able to vote). And all you hear is how her Mom is very talented and blah blah blah. I think her Mom might be the one pushing Leah and trying to live her dreams through her daughter.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Leah - what do you think? frisky 03-17-04 1
   RE: Leah - what do you think? TeamJoisey 03-17-04 3
 RE: Leah - what do you think? TeamJoisey 03-17-04 2
   RE: Leah - what do you think? Oscirus 03-17-04 4
 RE: Leah - what do you think? Glow 03-17-04 5
 RE: Leah - what do you think? GuessItRains 03-17-04 6
 RE: Leah - what do you think? ValleyGirl 03-17-04 7
 RE: Leah - what do you think? nailbone 03-17-04 8
 RE: Leah - what do you think? grit 03-17-04 9
   RE: Leah - what do you think? gorgoniol 03-18-04 14
 RE: Leah - what do you think? 712 03-17-04 10
 RE: Leah - what do you think? PhoenixMons 03-18-04 11
   RE: Leah - what do you think? opinionated 03-18-04 12
       RE: Leah - what do you think? escapedude 03-18-04 13
           RE: Leah - what do you think? opinionated 03-18-04 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-17-04, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Leah - what do you think?"
Paula is Leah's mom?

Card-carrying RBBRTFHLA/Sugar Ho Division
Non-Embezzling GAWKUR Treasurer

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-17-04, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Leah - what do you think?"

LOL!

I needed that...

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-17-04, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Leah - what do you think?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-17-04 AT 02:21 PM (EST)

I think you are right about her pushy mom.
But I still want to shove her into a wood chipper.

Maybe we can shove them both.

...first to admit I woke up on the "Shakes" side of the bed today.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-17-04, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Leah - what do you think?"
How about Paula first. It's Paula's fault that we have to listen to Leah's crap

Bring back the spice rack
Congragulations to the apprentice Mr Kwame Jackson

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Leah - what do you think?"
I personally believe she does have potential. We won't get to see it, but I think it's there.

an incredible JSlice creation

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-17-04, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GuessItRains Click to send private message to GuessItRains Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Leah - what do you think?"
Well I certainly agree with the posters who think that Leah's mom and Paula are the people to "blame" for the Leah debacle. She certainly did not seem to be enjoying herself last night. Based on body language, I do not think she gets along well with the other contestants.

That said, I haven't liked any of her performances. So while on a human level I wish her and all the contestants the best in life, I definitely hope she goes home tonight.

ValleyGirl 377 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ValleyGirl Click to send private message to ValleyGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Leah - what do you think?"
America will do the humane thing tonight and put Leah out of her misery!
Good luck to her mother in her new career as The Donald's Apprentice.

Survivor All*Stars F2 favorites
Ambamudda and the Robfadda

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Leah - what do you think?"
I've been behind her to this point, thinking that she just needed a chance to get in front of the more produced sound/band/etc. of the big stage to show what she's got.

Last night showed me that it's time to move on.

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-17-04, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Leah - what do you think?"
Her voice definitely has potential (from a tonal quality) but every time I've heard her sing, she's been flat. I have perfect pitch and it drives me crazy. It's like Nikki McKibbin all over again. Plus, her personality stinks. I think it was a waste of a spot to put her in the final 12 - I'm sure Suzy Vulaca or Lisa Leuschner could have made better use of the opportunity.

gorgoniol 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-18-04, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gorgoniol Click to send private message to gorgoniol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Leah - what do you think?"
Honey, Nikki sings in tune. Leah doesn't. So theres no comparison there.

712 356 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Leah - what do you think?"
Yeah, I feel sorry for her more than anything. It's not her fault she's out of her league. Paula had no business putting her there.
Poor Suzy. Poor Lisa...

If I ever go on Idol, I'll be sure to sing "Let's Stay Together" on wildcard night so that Paula will pick me.

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-18-04, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Leah - what do you think?"
I'm preparing myself now for the ridicule that will surely follow these comments...

I like Leah. She's not my favorite by a long shot, but I sure like her better than about half of the others who have less potential. Yep, the girl has potential...she just needs some help from someone other than her mom.

I don't know why people have this intense dislike for her...she's definitely better than the three guys not named George...a lot better if you ask me. I think she just needs a lot of polishing in terms of vocals, but she definitely has a voice that could be fantastic with some work. She's better than Nikki McKibbin was, she's better than Ryann Star was, she's about a thousand times better than Carmen Rasmussen was...she's better than a lot of people who've been in that final 10/12 group and I cannot for the life of me figure out why people seem to hate her so much! I just don't get it (like I will never get why people disliked Rickey's voice last season - I think he had the best all-around voice of everyone last season - well...most versatile anyway - Clay's voice was 'technically' the best).

Oh well...I still think America screwed up last night and Matt, John Stevens, and Jon "pen salesman" should have been in the bottom three with Mr. Stevens taking the walk of shame. Really, really bad (sorry).

opinionated 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-18-04, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail opinionated Click to send private message to opinionated Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Leah - what do you think?"
PhoenixMons,

You probably have a point about Leah. She wasn't a terrible singer. I said in another post that she was about as good as the average lead in the average high school musical in America. For me, it was the fact that she wasn't sensational. I kept scratching my head, wondering how she made it as far as she did in the competition, and I felt like Paula was trying to shove her down America's throats by picking her for her wildcard choice. She wasn't any worse than some of the men, although she wasn't any better either. I think most of the guys made it into the top 12 more on their personalities than on their voices, and Leah's personality just seems to grate on people. I think she reminds a lot of people of the snotty popular girls they despised in high school. I know I'm always suspicious of anyone who talks about how great going to high school is and how much they love it. *smiles* Of course, if you don't have college to compare it to yet, you're at a disadvantage!

Peace,
opinionated

escapedude 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-18-04, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail escapedude Click to send private message to escapedude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Leah - what do you think?"
I think a lot of the female contestants were pushed thru based on their looks alone..

eg..the cheerleaders type girls that were booted..

Lisa for example was a better singer but she wasnt that cute.

opinionated 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-18-04, 06:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail opinionated Click to send private message to opinionated Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Leah - what do you think?"
I wasn't on this board during the semi-finals, but that swimsuit model was just DREADFUL, and it was obnoxiously obvious that she only got as far as she did because of her looks. You'd think that the skinny white nerd and the overweight black guy last year would've taught the judges and the network a lesson. *Sigh*

For the record, I love both Clay and Ruben. Just trying to make a point.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •